PDA

View Full Version : So I signed into PL today for the first time in a year...

Energizeric
04-05-2014, 11:46 AM
I used to be a regular PL player before Arcane Legends was released, so today I decided to sign on to see what was going on in that game. It was kind of funny, I put on my uncrafted black dragon set, and became an instant celebrity. All 200+ people on my friends list were not online, and my old guild Dragons Lair was apparently disbanded as I had no guild.

PL is pretty dead. Even in Balefort, which was always the most crowded place, there were only about a dozen people standing around. I did notice something however... There's something about the interface in PL which makes the game a bit more intimate than AL. I had forgotten how that was. At first I was thinking it was the screen rotation, but then I realized it is something else....

In both AL & PL, players hang out around the auction. In PL the auction was in one town only (Balefort), so the crowds tended to be in that one town. In AL, the crowds are more spread out as almost every town has an auction. However, in order to access the auction in AL, you must be standing right next to it and then press the attack button. So everyone crowds on top of each other next to the auction hammer, and you cannot see who is standing there, nor can you view their avatar screens.

In PL, all you had to do was tap the auction hammer from anywhere in the room and you could access the auction. So players tended to stay more spread out across the room, and it made for a much easier time looking at people's avatar screens. As a result, the game had a much more intimate feeling to it. Players spent more time checking out each other's stats and gear, and there was more chat between players about this sort of thing. You would get comments from someone "nice set!" while passing by or while just standing in town. This sort of thing happens much less often in AL.

So I was thinking that STS should implement a change to the auction where you can access the auction from a distance as long as the auction is viewable on your screen. I think that would result in a nicer gaming experience in town.

Any thoughts?

Justg
04-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Very interesting observation!

Anarchist
04-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Lol only you can notice stuff like that.

#Respect.

Madnex
04-05-2014, 01:21 PM
I read it wrong. Adjusting the range in which you need to be in to access the auction and even better, getting rid of being forced to move closer when tapped sound like good ideas.

Justg
04-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I did the original layout in Balefort with the three Arts. I put em on the treasure chests so people could see them when there was a mob around them. I'll have to check the trigger volumes, but they may be the same as the ones in AL. The difference may be that there is only one in Travellers' Outpost, and the three in Kraag are so spread out that lots of people just hit the first one they see.

Still, super interesting to me...

Reunegade
04-05-2014, 01:35 PM
G, is there any possible way to make the UI of PL onto AL? because i really love pl's ui but not so much al's

Justg
04-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Swag, what specific aspects of the UI do you like better?

Xenobiotic
04-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Can we be able to rotate the screen in AL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Madnex
04-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Camera rotation for AL has been suggested countless times since the very beginning. It's not hard itself to enable it (in fact, you just have to unlock it on a preference file) but all the environments were designed to be viewed from certain angles only so you'd see a lot of stuff incomplete if you rotated ATM.

Energizeric
04-05-2014, 01:56 PM
I did the original layout in Balefort with the three Arts. I put em on the treasure chests so people could see them when there was a mob around them. I'll have to check the trigger volumes, but they may be the same as the ones in AL. The difference may be that there is only one in Travellers' Outpost, and the three in Kraag are so spread out that lots of people just hit the first one they see.

Still, super interesting to me...

In season 1 when Kraag was the main town with 3 auction hammers, you still had everyone all bunched up in those 3 spots, and very few people standing in the middle area.

The difference is in PL when you tap on one of the Arts, your character stays in his current location and the auction screen opens. In AL when you tap on the auction hammer, your character then walks over towards the auction hammer and stands next to it, and then the auction screen opens. So you end up with everyone in the same spot next to the auction hammer.

The same thing applies to all NPCs. In PL if you tap on an NPC from across the screen, it opens the dialog. In AL when you tap on an NPC, your toon walks over to that NPC before opening the dialog.

Also, it's often times hard to tap on the right spot in AL, so I find it much easier to just walk up to the NPC and then tap the "attack" button. In PL I never had any difficulty tapping on the right spot, so I think in PL there was more room for error. Either way, the result is that people stand very spread out in Balefort, but in AL everyone is all bunched up by the auction hammer. The resulting environment is not as nice as it becomes difficult to see who is there.

Impact
04-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Just g's here spammmmmmm suggestions guys :D

Bless
04-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Please, no skill UI changes ATM.

basketholic209
04-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Very interesting observation!

Indeed.
Never thought of this before.
I support this idea :)

Anarchist
04-05-2014, 02:55 PM
As for suggestions, i brought this up when i played elite tindirin on my cell phone today.

Differently on a pc were you can pot and attack on a phone or you pot or you attack so when mobs hit hard your reaction must be very fast but it takes at least 1 sec to move from skills to pots.
In conclusion i think the green pot button should be near the skill hud and should be exactly were the mana button is now so it takes less time to move from skill spam to green pots spam.

Reunegade
04-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Swag, what specific aspects of the UI do you like better?
1. Camera rotating. As I know this will be hard to implement on an already developed game, I still think this is an interesting aspect of the game as it allows full view for the map.

2. Checking out profiles. In AL, to check out a player, you have to click the character and then click inspect. I do not see the reason behind this as the options of the stuff given to choose once you have clicked the character is available in the inspect page. Also, if you needed to look at a specific character that is jumbled up near the auction house, it is nearly impossible as it usually A. pulls up auction house menu or B. pulls up a different character.

3. Accidental platinum purchases. In PL, they will always have a second confirm button for purchases to ensure non-accidental clicks. I do not know how many times I have bought a damage elixir by pressing the wrong button in AL. Perhaps you can have a second confirm menu?

Just some food for thought.

Z
04-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Am I the only one still drooling over the fact that energizeric still has uncrafted black dragon?

Trenton
04-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Yea I honestly think Energ is the only one who has one now :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
04-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Am I the only one still drooling over the fact that energizeric still has uncrafted black dragon?

Nope, just about everyone I ran into in PL wanted to be my friend LOL

There was never any point for me to craft it as I never had a 3rd elite vanity, so was never able to combine a dragon ring with the elite vanity ring. So crafting it would only get me the visual effect and not any statistic advantage. So i never crafted any dragon sets and still have all 5 uncrafted.

As for AL suggestions, I agree with #2 above -- that is another nice thing about PL, that you can just tap a player and see their avatar screen instantly. That extra click just makes it more cumbersome in AL and players are less likely to view your avatar screen. I noticed that in PL you almost always use the avatar screen to check out other players, where in AL you just tend to view them on the main screen as it's easier.

Kakashis
04-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Haha AL is the future!

deadcobain
06-13-2014, 01:36 AM
As for suggestions, i brought this up when i played elite tindirin on my cell phone today.

Differently on a pc were you can pot and attack on a phone or you pot or you attack so when mobs hit hard your reaction must be very fast but it takes at least 1 sec to move from skills to pots.
In conclusion i think the green pot button should be near the skill hud and should be exactly were the mana button is now so it takes less time to move from skill spam to green pots spam.

Yes please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Froxanthar
06-13-2014, 03:30 AM
Yes please.

You there. Sigh!

via orange caramel app.

worshipped
06-13-2014, 04:46 AM

Then what do u think your other hand is used in AL?

epicrrr
06-13-2014, 04:49 AM
Will be pretty interesting to see people spread out in AL but thats what auction do it gathers people, and those done viewing can go out of the mass and do other stuff. I think the AL scenario is pretty natural.

Wutzgood
06-13-2014, 07:05 AM
It sounds good if there were no beggars around. But the auction cluster is one of the few places you can hide from them while in town. Whenever I get the random trade window or the pls spamming I just go into the auction cluster so they can't click on me. Then I switch outfits and leave a different direction. Best way to lose those annoying beggars in town.

As good as it sounds there are gonna be times where you don't want beggars to be able to just click your name whenever they want while you are. I'd rather if they made the phrase "gold pls" get you muted.

tharidom
06-13-2014, 09:10 AM
No thank u already enough people begging for gold in that thick layer they atleast cant message me.

tharidom
06-13-2014, 09:11 AM
:O u already said what I said:/

Iliketolol
06-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Camera rotation is not possible in arcane legends, because whole game is made in such a way that other side of game is black..

Because of this, game can handle intense graphics even on low end devices and give a buttery smooth experience in high end devices...

Ssneakykills
06-13-2014, 12:16 PM
I used to be a regular PL player before Arcane Legends was released, so today I decided to sign on to see what was going on in that game. It was kind of funny, I put on my uncrafted black dragon set, and became an instant celebrity. All 200+ people on my friends list were not online, and my old guild Dragons Lair was apparently disbanded as I had no guild.

PL is pretty dead. Even in Balefort, which was always the most crowded place, there were only about a dozen people standing around. I did notice something however... There's something about the interface in PL which makes the game a bit more intimate than AL. I had forgotten how that was. At first I was thinking it was the screen rotation, but then I realized it is something else....

In both AL & PL, players hang out around the auction. In PL the auction was in one town only (Balefort), so the crowds tended to be in that one town. In AL, the crowds are more spread out as almost every town has an auction. However, in order to access the auction in AL, you must be standing right next to it and then press the attack button. So everyone crowds on top of each other next to the auction hammer, and you cannot see who is standing there, nor can you view their avatar screens.

In PL, all you had to do was tap the auction hammer from anywhere in the room and you could access the auction. So players tended to stay more spread out across the room, and it made for a much easier time looking at people's avatar screens. As a result, the game had a much more intimate feeling to it. Players spent more time checking out each other's stats and gear, and there was more chat between players about this sort of thing. You would get comments from someone "nice set!" while passing by or while just standing in town. This sort of thing happens much less often in AL.

So I was thinking that STS should implement a change to the auction where you can access the auction from a distance as long as the auction is viewable on your screen. I think that would result in a nicer gaming experience in town.

Any thoughts?

Is your ign blackset? If so I spoke to you on my fox