PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Content Question

Olli Walli
12-14-2010, 11:33 AM
I did not participate in the Halloween update, however, I plan on buying the Christmas package. How does it work?? It is strictly one area that the new content is in? Or are you able to receive items in multiple locations / maps?

Thanks,

O.W.

Seratonin
12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Everything we have is all speculation right now, more than likely, you will have to spend some plat, but multiple maps will be there. =p More answers will come AFTER the patch!

Olli Walli
12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info.

Duke
12-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm going from memory here, so I may have some details wrong... Halloween basically had three components:

1) Free content: the trick-or-treat quest, which netted you a (temporary) zombie costume.
2) Paid content: Pumpkin Patch quest, had some special drops (I think), but mainly got the (permanent) pumpkin head vanity helm as a quest prize
3) Paid content: Haunted Manor -- this is where people went for the drops

In addition, you could buy items through the platinum store.

All in all, it was a fair deal. For 5p, you got to play the special areas, get a permanent vanity helm, and a chance at rare (but otherwise pretty underpowered) drops. Personally, I'd rather see rarer drops that were permanent vanity items rather than underpowered equipment, but that's just me.

DeathByCactus
12-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Just make sure you purchase any weapons/item packs first because once you buy your ticket there are no other vendors to get them from that I can find; and that option disappears.