PDA

View Full Version : My ultimate PL rant. Few good suggestions. (must read)

Refriedchicken
12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Read my other thread.

Moderators, please hide or lock this thread.

I was being far too harsh, I was wrong.

KingFu
12-14-2010, 12:25 PM
IMO, I agree with a lot of this. But you have to remember this would all take a lot of time. One thing I don't like is the negative gold thing, then people can practically have unlimited gold in a way. Unless you're referring to it only for the death penalty? Eh, I disagree. How about if you "re spawn at entrance" you loose, something like, 1 item? Maybe 1am might work, if you don't have 1K it takes an item at random or something? But there is no penalty if the mage resurrects you.

Kujen
12-14-2010, 12:26 PM
I like increasing liquidation value for pinks. I've seen quite a few that liquidate for less than greens, and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Those trash pinks that sell for 500-1k in the cs, I'd love if I could liquidate them for like 500 gold. It would reduce supply too and they might actually become more valuable in the cs.

I don't like the idea of death penalties though. I think that would lead to people hanging back too much, and being afraid to help their team because they might die.

Cinco
12-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Happy Holidays regardless... :)

StompArtist
12-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I like increasing liquidation value for pinks. I've seen quite a few that liquidate for less than greens, and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Those trash pinks that sell for 500-1k in the cs, I'd love if I could liquidate them for like 500 gold. It would reduce supply too and they might actually become more valuable in the cs.

I don't like the idea of death penalties though. I think that would lead to people hanging back too much, and being afraid to help their team because they might die.

Death penalties would work fine if they took away some XP instead of gold/items.

Cabero
12-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I stopped at #3 I say you don't like the game then bye.

Refriedchicken
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
I stopped at #3 I say you don't like the game then bye.

Is this not a suggestions topic? Gtfo

Refriedchicken
12-14-2010, 12:40 PM
As I predicted, update is useless.

Not even going to pay 10p for some vanity items that will be common as f.

StompArtist
12-14-2010, 12:41 PM

- So who pee'd in your corn flakes?

Refriedchicken
12-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I drink my own urine.^

Justg
12-14-2010, 01:02 PM

Someone have a case of the Mondays?

Even if you don;t have the Holiday Spirit, Swamp Towne is a whooooooooole bunch of additional content that you get for free if you have already purchased the campaign. And then ther's Dual Wield

FluffNStuff
12-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi, most of you know me, never posted on the forums.

The BAD in pocket legends:

1) Cyber armour update KILLED Victory Lap. You try finding one group that isn't just spamming keeper. Also, Keeper drops are worthless now, 15k for staff?

2) Useless updates: whats with ignoring what we need and giving us a useless event? So people do it for a few days, and everything else is dead?

3) Economy: Lets get real, the economy is a TOTAL JOKE. (read suggestions)

These three are going to be fixed by the community real soon. Gonna start getting some serious blow back from the 'just keeper' farming.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
How do you figure, Fluff?
Bc everyone will be doing the winter event instead of ao3?

FluffNStuff
12-14-2010, 01:23 PM
How do you figure, Fluff?
Bc everyone will be doing the winter event instead of ao3?

Was in some groups last night and we did everything BUT keeper. People are getting tired of just going in, 'rushing' him, and remaking.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Well if you're doing the quests, he still drops the most, so would be silly to skip him entirely.

Refriedchicken
12-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Ok, I spoke prematurly about the update.

Its OKAY.

Dual wield weapons are pretty trash, unless they're glitched, I'm doing 4 a hit.

New swamp maps are okay.

from what I hear all the drops in the xmas place are pretty useless.

Still not what we needed, maybe a, level 50 DROPPED dual weild item?

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 03:42 PM
The Halloween drops were useless too, so no surprise there...

Refriedchicken
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Smh, I take back what I said.

This update is a total failure. l:

I feel like this update was a "stfu were doing something, here are some new maps that you won't ever use after the first few trips"

Justg
12-14-2010, 04:09 PM
You definitely have a case of the Mondays. On a Tuesday.

Hope your holidays become much brighter!

KingFu
12-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I just want a pink holiday hack. Plz MR. JustG, as a christmas present? I farmed a while, then homework got in the way, then my sister is coming down. I can't take the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

SeVeNSiNs
12-14-2010, 04:15 PM
i actually agree with Refried about a lot of these issues. I do admire the winter content but there isnt too much to do at level 50 :( please give us some End game things!:)) happy holidays
~Seven

Justg
12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Now that we have released Swamp Towne, we will be building Oasis and the end game systems in early 2011.

Refriedchicken
12-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Good to hear, ill be satisfied with a new AO.

lets not make it aliens humanoids aliens alien boss humanoid, though?

Gamelova
12-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Happy Holidays regardless... :)

That's the spirit :P

Gamelova
12-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Now that we have released Swamp Towne, we will be building Oasis and the (end game systems) in early 2011.

OHHH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!

I don't want to ever hear the words "end game systems" ever again!
We have to keep PL eternally living.
-1000 points out of eternal points on Justg account!!!
Everyone else ( Eternal -0 ) Lol.

TrogZ
12-14-2010, 09:14 PM

1) Cyber armour update KILLED Victory Lap. You try finding one group that isn't just spamming keeper. Also, Keeper drops are worthless now, 15k for staff?

2) Useless updates: whats with ignoring what we need and giving us a useless event? So people do it for a few days, and everything else is dead?

4) Lack of monster types. I realize its a phone game, but c'mon, there are very few models, and to be honest that is getting boring. Aliens, humanoids, skeletons, repeat. How about a Dragon or two? This IS a mmorpg.

5) USELESS skills. Why not take out the Bear evasion skills? Bosses don't miss, and minions rarely do. Archers having hp restore? Why? Ran out of ideas so you copy the same skills as Bear? (see suggestions)

6) The CS fee. Why doesn't it deduct it at time of sale? How many of you put something 100k+up spend roughly 2k to list it and right away get undercut?

7) Total lack of level 50 maps. Sure, you can do VL, but enjoy only keeper for a while. Even when all bosses were killed, it was repetitive and boring. How about giving us a few more things to do? Maybe a force spawn monster? (ex: trade an item dropped from a boss to spawn a challenging boss)

8) EASY? YES. This game has ZERO penalty for death, so why are the bosses so easy? Overlord is SOMEWHAT challenging if you end up with some clueless noobs, but easily killed in a party of vets.

9) No trade skills: Why not? Maybe one or two? Would only help the economy. (see suggestions)

10) GIVE US PVP REWARDS?! Even vanity items will do, or some type of item to show our dominance.

-

Suggestions:

Economy: instead of showing listing price for items why not hide them and put a price history option? Maybe staff can start buying high-end items to reduce the supply, thus demand goes up. Or set a higher liquidation price on high end items? (example: 300k for MB, thus setting a minimum price for the c.s)

Skills: Take out repeat skills, give mage attack speed bonus, give ranger a steal ability, give warrior a skill that allows you to take damage for one party member.

Trade skills: Maybe potion/elixer making? Mining/Smithing (not to copy another mmorpg) perhaps make the ability to augment stats on smithed items to set them apart from the normal dropped items? Perhaps make the ability to smith high end items but make the materials very hard to obtain?

Death: I'm probably alone when I say this, but how about a penalty for death? Hear me out. When you die, according to your level you are forced to forfeight some gold? Perhaps 500 for level 50? If you do not have gold maybe -gold?

Liquidation: We need more gold for inventory sales for certain items. I like greens at 150 each, but I think pinks that sell in cs for 200 gold should be sellable for at least 700-1k.

-----

Discuss.

Let me be blunt. Your a shmuck. The devs have worked long and hard on this game for your phone... Whats that? Yes phone. This is an amazing game for its platform, with an administration team that actually cares about the community. Sorry you dont have L33TZ0r OMFGBBQ dragons and raid parties and P-HATS but guess what... if you do not like it, leave? You have 9 posts and joined within the past 13 days, who cares what you think, go back to runescape kid.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Hmm come to think of it, Cinco did mention in chat today that he liked the idea of keeping the level cap at 50. Might have been joking, though.

OHHH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!

I don't want to ever hear the words "end game systems" ever again!
We have to keep PL eternally living.
-1000 points out of eternal points on Justg account!!!
Everyone else ( Eternal -0 ) Lol.

Seratonin
12-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Hmm come to think of it, Cinco did mention in chat today that he liked the idea of keeping the level cap at 50. Might have been joking, though.

Why would they ever do that? Upping the cap, and dropping new zones for plat is good business. make more money that way... There's only so far you can go with 50, and I've pretty much gotten there with my archer... Enchantress is next to get there too. After that, I'm going to make another enchantress... and another... Just so I can dual spec cyber rift/cosmos on one mage, and have pure int cyber on another... that will take a LONG time but if the game ever has an ending, then they will stop getting money!

*End of game reached, all achievements unlocked*(sells back to gamestop, and moves on(or if end-game was the case in PL, *gives everything away, and deletes app*))

forgot to post on the topic... refriedchicken, that's a moderately funny name which might be considered offensive to some people, and you are being a little bit harsh... Sure it is kind of boring to farm keeper, I agree, and his loot is pretty much worthless now, well isn't it all a little overpriced now that everyone can get REALLY good gear via a quest and a *little* hard work? Why do people think they have to be SUPER rich, like 8 gajillion gold, OMG. Who would have that much gold(besides Yanis) and what would they even do with it?! buy every pink in the game, max potions and then what?! Having all the gold in the game doesn't do anything for you, I consider myself poor by your standards, but if I can still liquidate and afford to buy potions, then I am doing fine. MOST of the items I want drop somewhere in the game, and that's all of the fun in getting the item... FINALLY getting the drop you have always wanted, even if it takes you 100 times to get it, and even if you saw it drop for others 5 times. At least you know you're looking in the right spot. If this game is getting to you that much, take a break! Les has been talking about it for a while now... still waiting for that, but I know it won't be a 'quit', it will just be a short break. This game is pretty impressive for what it is, and how it is. It runs smooth, and plays well. It passes the time, and keeps you entertained. Sure it's not perfect... you can't make anything perfect. It certainly won't be perfect to you because you aren't the one who made it. There is stuff I don't like about the game, but stuff that I do like about the game. It's not called Seratonin Legends, it's called Pocket Legends. They have done ALL the work for you, and it is a LOT A LOT of work! So much work you would probably scream in frustration! Don't sweat the small stuff guy, it is just a game!

Torrentula81
12-15-2010, 02:01 AM
I like alot his points. Sure the devs worked hard, thats not disputed. I would like to add to this list that we are all to similer. Our skills, stats, and looks. Kinda defeats purpose of lvling when were like 90% the same as the next guy. Adding duel wielding was a great choice if its a viable build. Need more innovations like this. Not a farm your but of through the same old maps quest. We did that already. Other then that nothing new has benn added to improve gamepley. I'm not counting the whole rebalance cause we all know its not balanced.

All the peaple leaving confirms things aren't right. Instead of fixing them, we get a holiday map and a three month wait to see if things improve on next update. I'm not getting any younger. Even if we received new maps with 55 lvl cap I wouldnt be satisfied beyond another month or so. The core mechanics of the game needs substance, variety, and be complex. Feels like this game is a high school project to me. Just not much here.

4) Lack of monster types. I realize its a phone game, but c'mon, there are very few models, and to be honest that is getting boring. Aliens, humanoids, skeletons, repeat. How about a Dragon or two? This IS a mmorpg.

5) USELESS skills. Why not take out the Bear evasion skills? Bosses don't miss, and minions rarely do. Archers having hp restore? Why? Ran out of ideas so you copy the same skills as Bear? (see suggestions)

6) The CS fee. Why doesn't it deduct it at time of sale? How many of you put something 100k+up spend roughly 2k to list it and right away get undercut?

7) Total lack of level 50 maps. Sure, you can do VL, but enjoy only keeper for a while. Even when all bosses were killed, it was repetitive and boring. How about giving us a few more things to do? Maybe a force spawn monster? (ex: trade an item dropped from a boss to spawn a challenging boss)

8) EASY? YES. This game has ZERO penalty for death, so why are the bosses so easy? Overlord is SOMEWHAT challenging if you end up with some clueless noobs, but easily killed in a party of vets.

9) No trade skills: Why not? Maybe one or two? Would only help the economy. (see suggestions)

10) GIVE US PVP REWARDS?! Even vanity items will do, or some type of item to show our dominance.

-

Suggestions:

Economy: instead of showing listing price for items why not hide them and put a price history option? Maybe staff can start buying high-end items to reduce the supply, thus demand goes up. Or set a higher liquidation price on high end items? (example: 300k for MB, thus setting a minimum price for the c.s)

Skills: Take out repeat skills, give mage attack speed bonus, give ranger a steal ability, give warrior a skill that allows you to take damage for one party member.

Trade skills: Maybe potion/elixer making? Mining/Smithing (not to copy another mmorpg) perhaps make the ability to augment stats on smithed items to set them apart from the normal dropped items? Perhaps make the ability to smith high end items but make the materials very hard to obtain?

Death: I'm probably alone when I say this, but how about a penalty for death? Hear me out. When you die, according to your level you are forced to forfeight some gold? Perhaps 500 for level 50? If you do not have gold maybe -gold?

Liquidation: We need more gold for inventory sales for certain items. I like greens at 150 each, but I think pinks that sell in cs for 200 gold should be sellable for at least 700-1k.

-----

Discuss.

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 07:25 AM
@trogz:

Bro, this is feedback and suggestions forum. Wtf @ flaming me over my feedback.

Sure, I was a bit harsh, but everything I said was do-able.

If you don't like my suggestions you can gtfo.

Funny how you tell me to go back to runescape when i've never played the game.

I also find it funny how you know what a p-hat is. Looks like you spent time paying that, no?

Calm your nerdrage kid.

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Agreed, trant.

Id also like to add another suggestion:

Gloves, boots, accessorry slot?

Could add a few mre valuable drops to cs.

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Original post updated.

superglut2
12-15-2010, 08:18 AM
I like christmas event

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Its fun, but not very useful.

Lesrider
12-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Lol Sera you're waiting for me to quit?
And yes I have cut down on game time (altho I still spend way too much time on the forums!!).
The stupid cyber quests dragged me back in, even though I find them so incredibly boring! (altho I do admit hunting the shadows last night was a very nice change from hunting hundreds of VL bosses. And I think our death counts started rising again from opening all the cages at once ;) )

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Why has this turned into a flaming war?l:

Lesrider
12-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Why has this turned into a flaming war?l:

What flaming war? Sera and I are friends. No one's flaming...

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh :p my B.

Cabero
12-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Let me be blunt. Your a shmuck. The devs have worked long and hard on this game for your phone... Whats that? Yes phone. This is an amazing game for its platform, with an administration team that actually cares about the community. Sorry you dont have L33TZ0r OMFGBBQ dragons and raid parties and P-HATS but guess what... if you do not like it, leave? You have 9 posts and joined within the past 13 days, who cares what you think, go back to runescape kid.

I'll get the pitchforks you get the torches!!!

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 09:18 AM
^

What flaming war? Sera and I are friends. No one's flaming...

Lol read up, thar she blows

Justg
12-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I like christmas event

Thanks :) We put in the Christmas Event to have some fun. We put in Swamps Towne because that is part of the expanding world of Alterra. Both are a lot of work, and neither were an insult to the players, as Refried has suggested.

rrad19532
12-15-2010, 09:23 AM
:rolleyes:
Agreed, trant.

Id also like to add another suggestion:

Gloves, boots, accessorry slot?

Could add a few mre valuable drops to cs.

Cabero
12-15-2010, 09:24 AM
@trogz:

Bro, this is feedback and suggestions forum. Wtf @ flaming me over my feedback.

Sure, I was a bit harsh, but everything I said was do-able.

If you don't like my suggestions you can gtfo.

Funny how you tell me to go back to runescape when i've never played the game.

I also find it funny how you know what a p-hat is. Looks like you spent time paying that, no?

Calm your nerdrage kid.

It's because of the attitude you did it in you made seem like the devs are just screwing around and taking our money for nothing. Maybe if you gave some respectful feedback people wouldn't have a attitude with you. Aot of people think the game has a lot flaws. But most realize that you can't create a game like this in seconds it takes a lot of time and work. Do you think they could make this game evolve with out funding? Every game comes out basic and grows. Well the online ones like these.

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 09:26 AM
When did I EVER say anything about money?

I realize it takes time and work, I didn't say this needs to be done tomorow. I'm thrilled about the new AO next year.

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Read the first line of my original post.

I love how this is a suggestions forum and i'm not allowed to voice my opinion without being flamed.

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I think this thread should be hidden, this is just going to be 14 pages of flaming I bet.

Maybe rename the forum "Positive feedback and suggestions"? l:

I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk. I'm simply giving my opinion (which happens to be the opinion of more than half of PL.

I love this game, I'm trying to do my part to improve the game in any way I can.

Justg
12-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Smh, I take back what I said.

This update is a total failure. l:

I feel like this update was a "stfu were doing something, here are some new maps that you won't ever use after the first few trips"

Funny, this really did not seem like positive, constructive criticism. At all.

Cabero
12-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Funny, this really did not seem like positive, constructive criticism. At all.

lol good one G.

QuisDaBeast
12-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Is this pay-per-view?

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 10:09 AM
by the way: cabero is easily the best bird i've partied with.

Cabero
12-15-2010, 10:15 AM
by the way: cabero is easily the best bird i've partied with.

wow thx! I knew your name sounded real familiar.

Pharcyde
12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
If you think you can do better. Make your own mobile MMO app and call it "Refried Legends".

icantgetkills
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
If you think you can do better. Make your own mobile MMO app and call it "Refried Legends".

Lold like 3-4 times and its funny G just like was there to cut down every 5 minutes G - 1 redfried - 0

Justg
01-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Who? I forget the trolls pretty quickly.