PDA

View Full Version : Official Holiday Content Feedback Thread

Justg
12-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Please use this thread to tell the Dev team your thoughts on the Holiday content.

Thanks!

ciss
12-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Will surely do... counting minutes rolf!

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 12:51 PM
The snow is cool. Can't say anything about the rest bc I haven't bought anything yet.

TrogZ
12-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Testing it out, will edit.

zachbraff
12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Content is great, good job developers, glad I spent money on platinum. Just got beer can hat from one of the levels :D

CanonicalKoi
12-14-2010, 01:44 PM
The winter content is fine. Will there be a thread reference the draconian new language filter? Especially when you get muted for the word "crap"? In a PM? That's a little overboard, guys. Really. Especially since you can still swear as long as its not in English. That is stupid. Whoops! Another word you can't use. Please. I understand wanting to cut down on the language "for the children!", but neither crap nor stupid are particularly profane. Merde might be to some, but it can still be used. I have numerous foreign language dictionaries. Don't make me drag them out and start using Nahuautl or Blackfoot. Thank you.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Lol you CAN say "stupid," just not "dumb." ...which is dumb, er, stupid!

Btw, are the holiday packs and vanity items temporary like Halloween or permanent? It should be clear, if it's not permanent.

Edit: and I was wondering if the muting/flagging would work in private games/conversations. I guess it is. Way overboard. I understand wanting to keep the game clean for kids, but isn't that what the censor's for?

Justg
12-14-2010, 01:47 PM
We'll be tweaking the filters a bit. This remains game that many children play. Draconian is a strong word, but please realize that we will strongly protect our little corner of the world.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Personally, I liked the way Halloween was done -- the map was open to all, but those who wanted the full experience had to pay with plat.
As it is, I'm trying to cut down on my PL time, so not sure I want to pay for a map that's temporary, without being able to take full advantage of it. Would have been nice to at least see the map, though. And maybe decide to pay for the full experience once I see it. Ah well. Even if I don't buy, looks like plenty of other will. Enjoy!

Justg
12-14-2010, 02:11 PM
It looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOC3TVGVMVI&feature=player_embedded

The maps will go away in a month or so, but all of the loot will remain.

Cinco
12-14-2010, 02:12 PM
All of the Holiday themed loot drops, all of the new items purchased for Platinum, and all of the items you get by chance in the Holiday item packs are *Permanent.*

Only the "Winter Village" and its associated dungeons are temporary.

- Cinco

Justg
12-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi Cinco!

/wave

Cinco
12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi G!

/wave back

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks, good to know.

Cinco
12-14-2010, 02:16 PM
There are also two new "Cyber Ghost" quests.

New item rewards and set bonuses for completing the whole mess.

starjaya
12-14-2010, 02:19 PM
WOWWW.must quick to buy plat:)

Cascade
12-14-2010, 02:19 PM
hm, interesting oh also the -reset quest- thing doesn't work cuz I accidentally pressed it and the quest log still says 10/10 elves but you can still untie elves...Can you grant me the quest cuz I accidentally pressed reset on accident and I don't want to do the quest again.

Eklypz
12-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Is this only for level 50? Wish I would have known that somehow before I spent the platinum on it. My character is only level 25 and all the drops are level 50. Maybe I am missing something?

Cascade
12-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I abandoned the quest and I can only get 9/10 elves...yes, I clicked on all of the elves and one of them acted like I already untied her...It's because I clicked on her before I abandoned quest then I abandoned quest started new quest then it acted like I already clicked her, please fix I want to finish this quest.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 02:47 PM
There are also two new "Cyber Ghost" quests.

New item rewards and set bonuses for completing the whole mess.

The quest sent us to Captive Audience, we cleared the entire room including all prisoners and no one got a single quest drop. What are we missing?

Cinco
12-14-2010, 02:49 PM
The targets of the third and fourth "Cyber Ghost" quests are rare 'shadow prisoners' that spawn in the Captive Audience dungeon.

Pretty rare spawns - but not too terribly rare compared to others, imo.

Cascade
12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Cinco, please fix the elf quest. I want to finish it but I can't.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
So do they show up anywhere or ina. Specific place? Kinda hard to hunt them after you cleared the room, with the "go to town" button in the middle.

Cinco
12-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Cinco, please fix the elf quest. I want to finish it but I can't.

We are working on this and a few other major issues :)

Cinco
12-14-2010, 02:55 PM
We are working on this and a few other major issues :)

Hey - have you tried talking to the Wounded Elf a second time?

Take the quest. Talk to her. Reset the quest. :)

- Cinco

Cascade
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
You mean the elf that you zoom up on when you start the Christmas lvl?

bjordan
12-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Is this only for level 50? Wish I would have known that somehow before I spent the platinum on it. My character is only level 25 and all the drops are level 50. Maybe I am missing something?

I'd be interested to know what level the "winter content" content is before I purchase it as well.

Cascade
12-14-2010, 03:08 PM
How do we find the imprisoned shadows?

Justg
12-14-2010, 03:14 PM
I'd be interested to know what level the "winter content" content is before I purchase it as well.

The winter content drops loot across every decade, 10 - 50, depending on what level the mobs are. The mobs scale to your group's level.

lce
12-14-2010, 03:20 PM
I have an issue with the reward system from father christmas, I have finished the quest for father christmas and collected my reward "Snowman helmet" but it wasnt in my vanity and it i completed the quest what do i do? I was looking forward on wearing it but i didnt recieve it

IGN: Reported

ghostface
12-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Completed the Snow Man Hearts quest for 250. Did not receive the reward item??? Going crazy checking my inventory, no Snow Man Helm or whatever..... /sadpanda

Character Name: Unfadeable

Cinco
12-14-2010, 03:25 PM
We are looking into the issue with this quest reward at the moment :)

- Cinco

Cascade
12-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Cinco, by wounded elf do you mean the very first elf you see lying on the ground when you enter the Christmas Dungeon?

Cinco
12-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes!

(5 6 7 8 9 ten)

Cascade
12-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Ok thanks ill try that then and get back to you...(Lol@ 5 6 7 8 9 ten)

Othinus
12-14-2010, 03:35 PM
looks great! just wish the Talons were mini candy canes instead of ornaments lol

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 03:35 PM
This new cyber quest -- we've done 4 or 5 captive audience games already and yet to see a single shadow prisoner. Anyone else have better luck? I need to get on with my day, so can't keep trying.

Cascade
12-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Hey Cinco, It worked! Yay, thanks.

Snakespeare
12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey Les, are you releasing captives? I usually skip them in that map...

ghostface
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM

- Cinco

I'm not going to have to redo the quest am I? 250 more coal hearts....no thanks!

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Yes, we released all captives in each game. Nothing. Spawn rate is too low to make me want to do this quest. Has to have at least SOME chance of showing up, and it seems there isn't.

Kossi
12-14-2010, 03:43 PM
lil expensive, dont you think??

ciss
12-14-2010, 03:44 PM
where to pick up the quest for the captive shadows? same in king's lair?

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 03:47 PM
lil expensive, dont you think??

Shh those kinds if comments get you called a grinch, Scrooge, what have you.

Othinus
12-14-2010, 03:53 PM

- Cinco

that happened to my friend too. I just got 250, does this mean I should wait? lol

Pinsk18
12-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Love it!!!!!!!

ghostface
12-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Snowman Helmet is tight!

jbreezy
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Saving Winter Festival quest... what exactly do we do... defeat which bosses? it says pyramids or something... i'm a little confused on this one... and presents from where?

Eklypz
12-14-2010, 05:11 PM
The winter content drops loot across every decade, 10 - 50, depending on what level the mobs are. The mobs scale to your group's level.

Does anyone know how to set the group level in the winter content? Can't figure out how to host a game there to do so.

Othinus
12-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Does anyone know how to set the group level in the winter content? Can't figure out how to host a game there to do so.

it's automatic ^^

duhchi
12-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I bought the ticket to take the ride :) Can I only use the ticket once to do the winter levels or can I keep going back and forth? Also, can I use other characters if only one of my chars bought a ticket??? I'd like to get items for all my different leveled characters.

Justg
12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
You only need to buy it once, and it works for all your characters.

DeathByCactus
12-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I purchased a ticket for the winter tour. But when I did that the options to purchase the items went away... Is there another vendor to buy those off of?

... also... maybe someone could answer what happens if I purchase 100 pots off a vendor... where does the excess pots go once it fills the 25 h and 25 m up on the bar... I don't want to start a new thread to ask this, no one is answering me in game.

Kossi
12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
sigh...i manned up and bought the 30 plat...
well with my parents itunes acc but w/e :)

Seratonin
12-14-2010, 07:06 PM
I like how the mobs are scaled to you level. I do not like how I get Trials of the Overlord greens from snowmen... Why are Snowmen carrying Hi-Tech Blaster of the Nimble? They are smacking me with their stick arms, If anything, they should drop "Snowman's Arm" a grey or white item with some description like "The claws of a creepy snowman." Love the holiday content, not loving the copied drops... =( Hoping that bosses will drop something a little more holiday-ish, I'm still doing the first map.

Tvis
12-14-2010, 07:11 PM
It's ironic how the only holiday area that requires plat happens to be the holiday about giving. Anyway, I was wondering, since we have to buy the dungeon, do we keep it or does it go away? I wasn't so thrilled about how we had to spend money for costumes then have them taken away from us, but whatever. I like the free antlers for everyone to get into the jolliness of the christmas season; very much appreciated. I like how the townes and campaign levels are all dressed up in christmas time. Well done.

Uctiger62
12-14-2010, 08:14 PM
It's ironic how the only holiday area that requires plat happens to be the holiday about giving. Anyway, I was wondering, since we have to buy the dungeon, do we keep it or does it go away? I wasn't so thrilled about how we had to spend money for costumes then have them taken away from us, but whatever. I like the free antlers for everyone to get into the jolliness of the christmas season; very much appreciated. I like how the townes and campaign levels are all dressed up in christmas time. Well done.

They gave us a free town + quests and only charged for optional content, and you want to bitch about the giving season? GMAFB.

CanonicalKoi
12-14-2010, 08:22 PM
We'll be tweaking the filters a bit. This remains game that many children play. Draconian is a strong word, but please realize that we will strongly protect our little corner of the world.

Well, I appreciate you wanting to clean things up. Generally, I don't use much in the way of off-color language. However, draconian is the word to use when you get a warning for, "When you finish the toy factory, you get like 4 different quest choices." That's a direct quote and I have a screen shot. I've looked and I can't see any letters that run together to form any naughty words. I've even tried anagramming it and no luck. And Les, it was for "stupid" that I got one warning. For some reason, I never use the word "dumb". Probably just as well now. The more profane four-letter words are pretty apparent. Any chance of a list of the less-apparent words so I don't have to experiment and risk another time-out? Heck? Shucks? Dadgummit?

And Devs? If "crap" is a naughty word, you'd better see about changing the description of the bird flame armor--I would assume "kick-***" would be naughty, too.

Xymorg
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Lead paint licker stickers.

LOL! I hoped reading the optionals would be worth it, thanks!

Kalielle
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
I too already got warned a couple of times this afternoon for things that could not have possibly had anything offensive in them. For instance one of them was something like, "there's a quest for a new weapon but u have to finish the other quest first". This was after the update that relaxed the filter. I guess now we are going to constantly have to worry about what a (very imperfect) computer thinks about every single thing we type. :-/ Meanwhile people are now sitting in town testing the limits of the filter, daring each other to say things like "voodoo spoon", or discussing why something is censored and something else isn't and why. If anything, it's made things worse rather than better.

I am very much in favor of keeping the game safe for everyone, but I just don't see what problem this filter manages to solve that wasn't addressed by other mechanisms. We already have a chat filter that people can turn on so they never see the offensive words in the first place. (True, it doesn't work very well because of all the false positives - but that's exactly the problem that the new filter has too!) And it's extremely easy to report anyone who offends us, and also to ignore them and thereby mute them by much longer than 4 minutes. What does this filter do that those other measures don't? - and at the cost of interrupting all of of conversations several times a day with threats about being muted or banned.

Arterra
12-14-2010, 09:58 PM
THE MUSIC.. the few times i hear it i love it, but it cuts out. *cry*

Justg
12-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Filter obviously needs tweaking.... we are working on it!

Uctiger62
12-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Tweaking should be filtered. Meth--Not even once!

jbreezy
12-14-2010, 10:09 PM
what is wrong with the "saving winter" quest?? not getting presents after killing bosses...

Kujen
12-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Meanwhile people are now sitting in town testing the limits of the filter, daring each other to say things like "voodoo spoon"

Really? I'm laughing now hehehehe

Seratonin
12-15-2010, 01:30 AM
THE MUSIC.. the few times i hear it i love it, but it cuts out. *cry*

Really? I can't stand it,it just keeps repeating, and it's not happy..
I'll write about the pros and cons... cons first though.
It should be dramatic and creepy in the first two chapters, and then upbeat when you rescue Father Frost... I know I said this before, but I really don't like the drop setup for the snowmen... ANY kinds of greys/whites that were festive of nature would have been fun! You could have had SO much more fun with this theme! The chapters were REALLY short. Could have had more chapters, and could have had more quests with the chapters. It just seems like the idea flow was not coming on this one... The Toy Man doesn't sound very mean, but that's OK. Could have had more than one boss, and monster type as well. Beating down snowmen all day gets soggy after awhile. Questing for the festive items in the older areas is a little boring to do after you are high level. Winter Village seemed like open woods with random houses, and less like a village. Winter Village could have been the "town" of the area, and i know that's a lot for a temporary event, but it would have added a lot more to the christmas theme.
There could have been more quests that involved fun instead of just slaying snowmen and rescuing elves. Quests like take gifts to all these houses from one, or gather materials needed to wrap the presents, some small things in here, with some holiday theme, and some holiday rewards would have done tremendous things for this content. The actual Winter Village map could have been the Snowy Woods or something like that. And of course, you can pick up the quest for what is there now in the Winter Village of fun.

PROS!
Love the design, it was great. Love the new items, they really are collectible and awesome looking. The snowman head is great, even though I still don't have it yet. The reindeer antlers with lights are awesome. I do not know where to get the antlers without lights yet, still looking for that one. The creativity of Father Frost's workshop was very cool. The monsters you do have (snowmen) look really wicked. The Toy Man looks crazy! I want his scepter! (maybe he drops it eventually, I'll let you know after I farm for the next week or so) Questing in other areas is a good way to get people involved in the other maps, and an incentive to buy them as well. Good job there. ;) The presents for chests everywhere was a pretty cool thing. Updating the towns to match the season was awesome too. Maybe this could happen for all the seasons! The snow! Perfect... Icing on the cake ;)

Other: () indicates maybe this could be added or changed
On the description for Winter Village, It says, 'It would seem that Father Frost does need your help.' This sentence would seem better if rewritten. =p 'It seems that Father Frost is in need of your help!' (brave adventurer?)
In the description for Father Frost's Factory, it says, 'The Toy Man must be stopped and Father Frost rescued(,) or the High Winter Festival will be ruined.(!)". Is the high winter festival going to happen?! Oh I hope there is another chapter dropped, just so we can party it up at the High Winter Festival for christmas!

Overall, 1-10 I would say this has the potential to be a 10, but because of the copied drops from aliens for snowmen, and the small scope of actual content, (minus the items,) I would give this new content a 4. =( I'm sorry I wish it was better. I don't feel like I wasted any money/platinum though, because the items will be classic one day, and hopefully not copied into next years winter content! Then they will be REALLY rare later in the game's life. =)

Riccits
12-15-2010, 02:27 AM
10plat is quite much for two level (third only a room with npcs), and only 1 new boss..
boss seems to be a copy of keeper without manashield, easy to kill, takes only a bit long... drop rate of pinks semms high..
so this dungeon is good for making some money.. ;)

cyber items:

good they exist for casual players and good is too that they arent tradable...
what i really find bad is the style:
armor: simply black and copy of sparkling of shock lance
skull: just a copy of the low level skull in bluew with glowing eyes
weapons: blacked weaps from ao3

i would appreciate a bit more design..

Echelong
12-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Why can't we get experience on the winter level? You say its for all levels but it is a level 50 dungeon and you don't get a single exp point. I ran it a few times yesterday and I am trying to finish the quests but I had to stop to level up my character(level 35 atm in one week so far).

And I get booted all the time by levels 50 even though I don't die and keep them alive buffed and debuff mobs. Please let us get exp while doing the quests.

One question. What are the chances of getting pinks from the platinum sets?

Fyrce
12-15-2010, 08:04 AM
OMG, can't fully explore till later, but snuck on and LOVE the antlers! LOL. And the snow and presents. Very exciting!

ADD:
Still in love. However, I got one Lost Present, that's supposed to be Fathom and Lost Expedition quest, from Balefort 5's King, who did not give me quest item that's supposed to be in Dark Forest and Balefort. (Sorry, forgot exact names of quests. Will know more when do it again.. and again :P )

Also I can't seem to throw the Winter Festival Tinsel Talon. It looks like a salt shaker. Oops, I mean sparkle shaker. Would be cool to be able to throw it like a Tree bauble decoration.

And the Merry Toy Man Wand seems like it ought to do a more interesting blast. Toys maybe? Or little caps? or little tree ornaments? or little elves? Just a thought.

Duke
12-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Are the success rates on some of the holiday quests a little too low? I'm doing the pyramids quest, and after fighting 15 named bosses (Vicious Visitors x 1 and Plasma Pyramid x 2), I've gotten one success, so I'm 1/15. Am I seriously going to have to clear 50 or so levels to finish this quest?

Jownz
12-15-2010, 11:03 AM
okay i think this bs if we bought the halloween pack shouldent the ppl tht bought the pack have the christmas thing free

TwinkTastical
12-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Imo, this is the campaign that looks like they spent the most time in... They paid attention to detail, one thing that caught my eye the most.... was the coloring of the floor in the toy man room, how it looked indented,and the detail of the wood...

Edit: ignore jownz's post, he welfares everything, i doubt he spent as much as 80% of us on item packs :D?

nazgulking
12-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I dunno if others have posted it, but I don't hear any music in the winter festival levels (only sound effects like blasts, enemies grunts...). I'm on Iphone 3gs.

P.S.
When i received the snowman vanity helm and after wearing it I heard some music, but after taking it off, it stopped playing for good. :(

jjjjaaaakkkke
12-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Love the holiday content! :D

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Lol maybe you have to wear the snowman helm to hear he music? That'd be kinda funny.

I dunno if others have posted it, but I don't hear any music in the winter festival levels (only sound effects like blasts, enemies grunts...). I'm on Iphone 3gs.

P.S.
When i received the snowman vanity helm and after wearing it I heard some music, but after taking it off, it stopped playing for good. :(

ONANEBEZ
12-16-2010, 05:04 PM
What happens if I complete all of the elves' quests? Are there more quests after that?

drewcapu
12-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Annoying thing that just happened:

Fighting Toy Man using my alt level 25 toon with two level 50s.
Owner was a level 50 that kept dying.
With Toy Man down to about 40% HP, other L50 leaves (I later confirm gets booted).
Just us two left.
Toy Man becomes a lot easier. (Yay!)
Right before the kill owner boots me.

That's the kind of scenario where Toy Man should all of a sudden get full health. LOL

Seratonin
12-16-2010, 09:22 PM
What happens if I complete all of the elves' quests? Are there more quests after that?

No. completed and nothing else follows.

Echelong
12-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Annoying thing that just happened:

Fighting Toy Man using my alt level 25 toon with two level 50s.
Owner was a level 50 that kept dying.
With Toy Man down to about 40% HP, other L50 leaves (I later confirm gets booted).
Just us two left.
Toy Man becomes a lot easier. (Yay!)
Right before the kill owner boots me.

That's the kind of scenario where Toy Man should all of a sudden get full health. LOL

Its going to get worse when the PC version comes out with Chinese farmers(nothing against Chinese gamers though just speaking from past experience with WoW). You will get booted or get robbed by them and its their job to do that. But yeah it happens when you tag along a farmer looking for pinks to sell.

PS Why don't we get experience points on the winter festival dungeon? CINCO or anyone please let us know.

VietStyleAim
12-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Never mind. I got it.

Estraz
12-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Happy Holidays Spacetime Studios!

Estraz
12-19-2010, 02:34 PM
It's so awesome!

Estraz
12-19-2010, 02:41 PM
No joke, the update is awesome.

cuard
12-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Its great just like u guys

drewcapu
12-24-2010, 05:48 AM
It looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOC3TVGVMVI&feature=player_embedded

The maps will go away in a month or so, but all of the loot will remain.

Can we get maybe a week's notice or so when the actual date of maps removal is known? :)

domnolvampyre
01-03-2011, 04:13 PM
I just found out that they are closing the winter festival. It's totally not cool to take away content that the user had to pay real money for. I thought it was an expansion not a pay and play and then we take it away before u finish content pack. I'm super disappointed that I payed for it and won't be able to finish it. Cmon devs this game is the best thing out for a mobile phone don't take away content I had to pay actual cash for. That's not good business.

drewcapu
01-03-2011, 10:34 PM
I suppose it would've been better if they determined an exact date it would disappear and had it printed in red, nice and clear, on the purchase screen.

WolfShaman
01-15-2011, 10:10 AM
The overall design was implemented well. However, while in Frost Village fighting the snowmen, I noticed I never gained XP. Shortpoint: Risk v Reward was ill balanced. Also, why couldn't you just "go to" Father Frost after completing the fetch and grab present quests. You forced players to fight through the level over and over again for no logical reason.
Hopefully this balancing issue is worked out before the next holiday pack.

Kujen
01-15-2011, 02:30 PM
You could go straight to Father Frost after completing the quests...there were three maps and his was the last. You could have created your own map 3 or join one in the join/host game screen.

[Lt] Shiny
01-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi Cinco!

/wave

Hi G!

/wave back

lol. Don't you guys see each other like everyday... XD

oh, btw. The Holiday Content was amazing! *flashes thumbs up* :)

Zerious
01-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Shiny;170897']lol. Don't you guys see each other like everyday... XD

oh, btw. The Holiday Content was amazing! *flashes thumbs up* :)

*thumbs up censored* hehehe.... What? He flashed us :P