PDA

View Full Version : Would you like AL to be a much bigger mmo?

Tehh
04-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Simple question.

By bigger mmo I mean, would you like more people to play it.
Why or why not

Hoardseeker
04-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Yep..because it will reduce the items price Hugely in the Market :p

Tehh
04-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Yep..because it will reduce the items price Hugely in the Market :p

Arcanes would cost alot less.

Pie
04-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Yes because that would mean STS would earn more money, hire more people, and come out with more awesome stuff :D

And stuff would become cheaper :P

Milan Lame Man
04-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Well it would be nice to have people buying all the crap I loot, but you can't really double the player base every 3 months, forever...
Low level epics sell fairly well, so people are still coming. Around lv14-15 they seem to vanish though.
Also remember the game runs on a single server. I'm pretty sure that, while these lag spikes started back in November when STS moved to a new server, the number of players also affects it. More people -> more lag.

Eski
04-06-2014, 01:11 AM
More ppl equals new server equals international guilds could get problems with that

Energizeric
04-06-2014, 01:15 AM
If the game keeps growing then everyone that played earlier benefits greatly. The reason all those items from season 1, 2 & 3 are so rare is because the player base has multiplied since then, increasing demand for items, but because the player base back then was smaller, fewer of those items were looted. The same thing would happen if during the next few seasons the player base would multiply again. Items that are plentiful now would become super rare and expensive later on.

Gensin
04-06-2014, 04:36 AM
hoarders will be pissed!

Akizah
04-06-2014, 05:45 AM
Yes, because it would be easier to find people for farming :)

yasshh
04-06-2014, 07:47 AM
It would cause lag also :(

Hoardseeker
04-06-2014, 08:27 AM
I'd buy my kershal for 50K :P

Candylicks
04-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes it's nice to have large population for a game. I would love more people to join us!

1. CS prices remain reasonable and your items sell quick
2. more diversity in guilds formed
3. easier to make groups to run with (and also easier to hide from ppl u don't like)
4. Sts will continue to give us new content if the game continues to thrive

It's a lovely community. Tell your friends!

Temarichan
04-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Well it would be interesting, there may be several consequences for that though. But +1 for the idea.

Sheener
04-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Simple question.

By bigger mmo I mean, would you like more people to play it.
Why or why not

Yes

Kakashis
04-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Would love it if I could go into any elite map and there would be a pug ready to go!

Giuewek
04-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Yes would love it

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Kakatoa91
04-06-2014, 02:58 PM
There are already a lot of people playing regularly and fresh players keep on coming.

So I dont know what you want really.

Less, more,... I dont care as long as I still have fun playing or cant find an other game in this format better.

Energizeric
04-06-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't see how prices on items would be any different. Yes supply would be higher, but so would demand. Prices would most likely stay consistent with what they currently are.

Ebezaanec
04-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Yes, we need more people in PvP :p

Zylx
04-06-2014, 11:52 PM
I'd actually prefer less. More people=crowded servers=poor connection problems for those with poor internet. Back in season 2, i was able to run AL smoothly (with no lag, no dc's, ping -100) on a 3G network at -96 dBm. Nowadays, im constantly disconnecting to the point where i cant farm, with a -85 dBm 3G connection. It's terrible. And i just live a couple thousand miles northwest of the server. Unless Straighttalk's service has gotten worse than its already sub-par service the past year, i blame it on oversaturation of the servers due to a high player base. It particularly gets worse right after an expansion.

Zylx
04-07-2014, 12:06 AM
I don't see how prices on items would be any different. Yes supply would be higher, but so would demand. Prices would most likely stay consistent with what they currently are.

If we gain less than 0 (none or loss) players in one year, anything that was released at the beginning of that year would definately not be high-demand by the end of the year. It will only be in possession by everyone who wants it, driving prices down to almost nothing. Of course, it depends on the rarity. But im preeetty sure that most (if not all) of the players from season one who've been active and still play today own a mythic or arcane item. Demand is only increased if the population increases. If supply exceeds demand (less players), then prices are low. If demand exceeds supply (more players), then prices are high.

Zylx
04-07-2014, 12:07 AM

If we gain less than 0 (none, or loss) players in one year, anything that was released at the beginning of that year would definately not be high-demand by the end of the year. It will only be in possession by everyone who wants it, driving prices down to almost nothing. Of course, it depends on the rarity. But im preeetty sure that most (if not all) of the players from season one who've been active and still play today own a mythic or arcane item. Demand is only increased if the population increases. If supply exceeds demand (less players), then prices are low. If demand exceeds supply (more players), then prices are high.

Energizeric
04-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Yes, you are talking about old items from previous season. I am talking about new items at end game. Population increase always causes older items to become more expensive because you now have more players who want the same smaller supply of items. But for newer items that still drop, population has little effect on prices.

barzagli
04-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Heheheeee.... PVP rooms for 50 players each.. >> Guild Wars.. LMAO