PDA

View Full Version : Dual-spec Mage vs Paladins

ProSophist
12-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Ok I'm still confused about the difference between the two builds.

How exactly do they differ in stats and skills? And what are their MAIN PURPOSE for PvE and maybe PvP?

FluffNStuff
12-14-2010, 04:09 PM
The same, except a Dual Spec has full rift and cosmos.

mrpredalien
12-15-2010, 08:20 AM
I don't know what Dual Spec is. Is that like full Int mage?

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:02 AM
Dual specs basically sacrifice points in both int and str in return for the ability to wear two full level sets.

Paladins are only defined as Paladins if they have at least 158 str. Anything else is just considered Hybrid or Dual build.

Difference wise there is not much for str. Just a couple heathpoints and 1-2 armor.

For int its quite traumatic, They loose 15-25 damage which can equal hundreds of damage in AoE.

I don't know what Dual Spec is. Is that like full Int mage?

Dual Spec basicly means that you can wear two top level gears without having to reallocate your stat points.

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Click my sig if you want to dual spec.

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Just was on your page Elly. I found one mistake
*NOTE YOU CAN ONLY DUAL SPEC USING THE PREMIUM PINK LEVEL 50 GEAR AS FINAL GEAR*
Thats not true because every single gear in the game is dual spec-able.

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Will change it. Was under the impression only the premium 50 gear had enough bonuses to be able to do it. My mistake, thanks! :)

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Will change it. Was under the impression only the premium 50 gear had enough bonuses to be able to do it. My mistake, thanks! :)

Haha no problem :) I was under the same impression until I saw lvl 5 and 10's dual specing. Then I started doing some investigating and found every single gear in the game can be dual specced in one way or another :)

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Haha no problem :) I was under the same impression until I saw lvl 5 and 10's dual specing. Then I started doing some investigating and found every single gear in the game can be dual specced in one way or another :)

Dang level 5 and 10? I just can't be bothered to do that yet!

I do hope the next expansion, when 55 is the new cap, would be easy to dual too. That'd make it easy to just edit the guide. =/

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Dang level 5 and 10? I just can't be bothered to do that yet!

I do hope the next expansion, when 55 is the new cap, would be easy to dual too. That'd make it easy to just edit the guide. =/

If I am correct they might add two top gears for the lvl 65 cap extension. One for dual builds (Basicly a higher level cosmos, rift and void). Then the other one will be for pures. It will be like a award for staying pure. I can already sense a way overpowered birdie.

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:20 AM
If I am correct they might add two top gears for the lvl 65 cap extension. One for dual builds (Basicly a higher level cosmos, rift and void). Then the other one will be for pures. It will be like a award for staying pure. I can already sense a way overpowered birdie.

Ooooo. So like the destiny/rift now, but destiny actually being at par with a rift set just in a different way?

Also you meant 55 didn't you? :D

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Ooooo. So like the destiny/rift now, but destiny actually being at par with a rift set just in a different way?

Also you meant 55 didn't you? :D

nope. Its gonna be 65. *Well thats what some of the devs have casually rumored to us at least...*

Yeah it will be sorta like destiny. Except its going to be top gears as well. Not a lousy common drop. The only difference will you will need massive amounts of that skill to equipt. So right now if they had it, a mage can have 252 int(296 with gears), it would require like 225 int. The bonus's from the gear would most likely be in favor of what the stat boosts the most. Like for Mages the gear would most likely boost damage and manapool/regeneration the most.

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:27 AM
nope. Its gonna be 65. *Well thats what some of the devs have casually rumored to us at least...*

Yeah it will be sorta like destiny. Except its going to be top gears as well. Not a lousy common drop. The only difference will you will need massive amounts of that skill to equipt. So right now if they had it, a mage can have 252 int(296 with gears), it would require like 225 int. The bonus's from the gear would most likely be in favor of what the stat boosts the most. Like for Mages the gear would most likely boost damage and manapool/regeneration the most.

Ah. I get it. But dang, 65? Thats 3 expansions away assuming they release it 5 levels at a time. Half a year at least? :(

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Ah. I get it. But dang, 65? Thats 3 expansions away assuming they release it 5 levels at a time. Half a year at least? :(

February is the last thing they told us about a level cap release.

It doesn't always have to be by increments of 5. Forest Haven is 1-13. Dark forest is 13-18. Balefort is 18-22. Lost expedition is 22-30 I think?... Swamps is 30-35. Alien oasis is 35-40. Alien oasis 2 is 40-48. Alien oasis 3 is 48-50.

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:36 AM
February is the last thing they told us about a level cap release.

It doesn't always have to be by increments of 5. Forest Haven is 1-13. Dark forest is 13-18. Balefort is 18-22. Lost expedition is 22-33 I think?... Lost expedition, swamps, and alien oasis 1 are all kinda similar in level ranges.

Hmm true. I wouldn't really know since I only started joining when Ao2 was JUST released, so I experienced 2 consecutive 5 level expansions only.

Maybe they'd let out a 20 level expansion as a surprise, much like the anti-rush of 1.5 :D

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:39 AM
Hmm true. I wouldn't really know since I only started joining when Ao2 was JUST released, so I experienced 2 consecutive 5 level expansions only.

Maybe they'd let out a 20 level expansion as a surprise, much like the anti-rush of 1.5 :D

haha don't get too carried away now :). Lvl 99 is what they have planned as end game level. Releasing 20 just lowers the time left on the death clock for the game :(. Personally I think exp needs to be really hard to get... 8 hours to 50 was at a good rate considering lvl 99 is gonna take like 24-30 hours.. But lvl 99 might take 8 at the rate were going...

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:42 AM
haha don't get too carried away now :). Lvl 99 is what they have planned as end game level. Releasing 20 just lowers the time left on the death clock for the game :(. Personally I think exp needs to be really hard to get... 8 hours to 50 was at a good rate considering lvl 99 is gonna take like 24-30 hours.. But lvl 99 might take 8 at the rate were going...

Oh true. I do like 99 as the end though, I find those games with 200+ levels kinda weird.

Well when and if they actually implement upgrading, there's one of the longest game extensions :P

Idk if you've ever played RF Online? Last I played it was only up to level 55. But even to get there was months. 1-50 a week, 50-55 months. Lol

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Oh true. I do like 99 as the end though, I find those games with 200+ levels kinda weird.

Well when and if they actually implement upgrading, there's one of the longest game extensions :P

Idk if you've ever played RF Online? Last I played it was only up to level 55. But even to get there was months. 1-50 a week, 50-55 months. Lol

I tried playing that! :) It was like my dream RPG/MMO. Sadly my computer can't handle the ram/graphics of it.

Or like runescape. Remember level cap lvl 99? Then it got bumped to 126. Now its 138 wtf?

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:48 AM
I tried playing that! :) It was like my dream RPG/MMO. Sadly my computer can't handle the ram/graphics of it.

Or like runescape. Remember level cap lvl 99? Then it got bumped to 126. Now its 138 wtf?

Yeah it was the best MMORPG on PC I've played, hands down. It was very gear based but player skill still came into play.

I never played RS for some reason. Idk how I missed that now since almost all the MMO players I've met has gone through it. Though I was and still am a RO player :D

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:50 AM
Yeah it was the best MMORPG on PC I've played, hands down. It was very gear based but player skill still came into play.

I never played RS for some reason. Idk how I missed that now since almost all the MMO players I've met has gone through it. Though I was and still am a RO player :D

You don't know how many times I watched youtube videos of the limitted time lvl 55 rainbow gears with dreamy eyes... I am incredibly jealous of you right now...

Haha every MMO player that has gone through runescape = can't aford WoW or computer doesn't support it like me and RF Online..

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:52 AM
You don't know how many times I watched youtube videos of the limitted time lvl 55 rainbow gears with dreamy eyes... I am incredibly jealous of you right now...

Haha every MMO player that has gone through runescape = can't aford WoW or computer doesn't support it like me and RF Online..

Don't worry I never got to that :P I stopped when it just took too long to get to the fun end game. :D

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:57 AM
Don't worry I never got to that :P I stopped when it just took too long to get to the fun end game. :D

Haha I like the feeling that I got right now with Pocket Legends. When Pocket Legends goes to the computer, then a whole new breed of MMO gamer is going to come. Rare Holiday items are gonna go through the roof. Like in runescape the oldies will be the ones getting filthy rich. When party hats were first given in runescape, there was soo many that general stores had like 500 of each just idly wasting away. People dropped them, sold them to NPC, and basicly scrapped them because the stock was insane. Like 10 years later, they are packing like 900 mil.

Can you imagine in Pocket Legends the guy who horded 1000+ holiday items for 5+ years? If that dude still plays hes gonna be the richest player in the game!

Ellyidol
12-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Haha I like the feeling that I got right now with Pocket Legends. When Pocket Legends goes to the computer, then a whole new breed of MMO gamer is going to come. Rare Holiday items are gonna go through the roof. Like in runescape the oldies will be the ones getting filthy rich. When party hats were first given in runescape, there was soo many that general stores had like 500 of each just idly wasting away. People dropped them, sold them to NPC, and basicly scrapped them because the stock was insane. Like 10 years later, they are packing like 900 mil.

Can you imagine in Pocket Legends the guy who horded 1000+ holiday items for 5+ years? If that dude still plays hes gonna be the richest player in the game!

WOW. But.. 10 years. I have to invest in PL for at least 10 years from now? I'll be 30. Lol!

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 03:00 AM
WOW. But.. 10 years. I have to invest in PL for at least 10 years from now? I'll be 30. Lol!

not 10 years but the value of a item worth basicly 2 gold went to 900 mil in 10 years! So a couple months to a year or so should hook you up with all the money you need. (Oh and 900 mil in runescape is enough to buy like EVERYTHING but other holiday rares).

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 03:44 PM
LOL Pharcyde you played Runescape?? I played Maple Story XD but I still play some Combat Arms LOL

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 04:06 PM
LOL Pharcyde you played Runescape?? I played Maple Story XD but I still play some Combat Arms LOL

Four years ago yes :). MMO's and RPG's stayed dorment for four years for me then I found Pocket Legends :).

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Is dual spec any good?? I'm personally Int 158 and Dex rest, but is this bad or something??

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Is dual spec any good?? I'm personally Int 158 and Dex rest, but is this bad or something??

Dual spec is solely a PvE build. Its great because you can play basically two characters at a time. Your stats are balanced and you don't excel in either class.

But the fact that you don't excel in either class can kind of ruin the fun of dual builds.

supremo502
12-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Dual spec so u wont get bored!

Pharcyde
12-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Dual spec so u wont get bored!

Or make a PvP build so you never ever get bored! :D

mrpredalien
12-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Or make a PvP build so you never ever get bored! :D

lol that's only for pro pvpers.

Zeus
12-23-2010, 03:55 PM
I played runescape, but quit largely to the immaturity of the players in that game, you can't walk anywhere into town without a nerd fight, trolling, or flame war breaking out.

Pharcyde
12-23-2010, 04:31 PM
I played runescape, but quit largely to the immaturity of the players in that game, you can't walk anywhere into town without a nerd fight, trolling, or flame war breaking out.

Oh I got bad news for you then.... Once Pocket Legends goes to the PC we will become Runescape. A whole new generation of player will enter the game. The nerdy extreme immature annoying generation of Online Computer Free MMO gaming... Yaaaaaaaay......................

Sky../
12-24-2010, 05:00 PM
I like ragnarok online's way of handling the level cap. As soon as you hit level 99 you can stay that way or get reborn back to level 1. Advantages of being reborn is you get a few more skills, a few more stat points and higher hp/sp. Disadvantage is, aside from going back to lvl1, you need more exp to level up.

Pharcyde
12-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I like ragnarok online's way of handling the level cap. As soon as you hit level 99 you can stay that way or get reborn back to level 1. Advantages of being reborn is you get a few more skills, a few more stat points and higher hp/sp. Disadvantage is, aside from going back to lvl1, you need more exp to level up.

Were going to have a similar system on Pocket Legends

Level will stay the same but we will have a enchant/forge option to make our gears more powerful. They can be forged/enchanted 5-10 times to max strength.

We will also have pets that require running through dungeons to level them up.

Housing might eventually come too.