PDA

View Full Version : Respec - Recreate

Obliteration
05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
How about with the respec option you can change races to.
I think it would be fun, lots of time could be saved.

Splurd
05-06-2010, 08:50 PM
no, its a really bad idea because people will do things like

make a easy to level char (like an archer *stares at your sig*) and get to lvl 35. Then respec to a harder to train character, like a warrior or mage etc.

Just causes leveling imbalances. like, People get an easy lvl 35 warrior without having to endure the lower levels when you dont have enough stats to distribute between dex and str.

nerdherd
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I'd say this would be something to think about but just make it cost enough that people won't make the decision lightly. Charge $10 for it or something. That way the devs make more money, and people that really, really want to switch but don't want to re-level their character can do it.

Azrael
05-06-2010, 10:26 PM
no, its a really bad idea because people will do things like

make a easy to level char (like an archer *stares at your sig*) and get to lvl 35. Then respec to a harder to train character, like a warrior or mage etc.

Just causes leveling imbalances. like, People get an easy lvl 35 warrior without having to endure the lower levels when you dont have enough stats to distribute between dex and str.

I completely agree. people would also do this to change their class but retain their kill and death counts, which would be very misleading.