PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time seeing program msg on my screen, what's this?

Simon Chee
04-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Hi there,

This happened one week ago and it come back today. I see this program messages on my text screen, will it affect my id and characters loot? It looks like a kind of reset message to my account/id :(

Hope to hear from you soon

BR
Skaiemete

GoodSyntax
04-07-2014, 09:25 AM
If you press / and enter, it will give you the command switch list.

DocDoBig
04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
If you press / and enter, it will give you the command switch list.

This.

@op you probably used a program or played a game with chat function (like Minecraft for example - cmon everybody played it once) where you typed "/help" into the chatbox and all commands were showing up.
This is the particular the same, some of these / - commands are useful, some are not, some are dangerous like "/guilddisband", some are nice to know and some you can't even use.

There was a guide regarding them but I can't find it at the moment, maybe someone else can.

Simon Chee
04-07-2014, 10:33 PM
This.

@op you probably used a program or played a game with chat function (like Minecraft for example - cmon everybody played it once) where you typed "/help" into the chatbox and all commands were showing up.
This is the particular the same, some of these / - commands are useful, some are not, some are dangerous like "/guilddisband", some are nice to know and some you can't even use.

There was a guide regarding them but I can't find it at the moment, maybe someone else can.

I see.. Thank you all for sharing. Looking at it if STS can disable this "/" command than it will be gd or put some restriction on certain command "e.g /guilddisband" cos is really dangerous a times, ppl may type on certain words that may not meant to be. Not sure if this can be done, on the other hand guild chat using "/g " ... Interesting..

Tendirin
04-09-2014, 01:41 AM
Lol someone telling someone to say /guilddisband Sounds like something an 10 year old would do

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Tendirin

Serancha
04-09-2014, 01:47 AM
Typing /guilddisband by accident? Hardly probable. Disbanding by hitting that red disband button in error...that's been done by many many GMs (not me!). I'd rather see that particular action made possible only using a /command rather than have that button so handy.

Madnex
04-09-2014, 02:01 AM
Agreed. It's very improbable that anyone can accidentally type that command. But I imagine /guildd does it as well and there can be a lot of trolling involved in that.

DocDoBig
04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
I wonder if there are 3 confirmation buttons "Do you really like to disband now?"

^Serious question

Serancha
04-09-2014, 02:30 PM
I wonder if there are 3 confirmation buttons "Do you really like to disband now?"

^Serious question

Not going to push it just to find out ;)

DocDoBig
04-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Not going to push it just to find out ;)

Don't do it!