PDA

View Full Version : Tank set for squishy mages.

Wutzgood
04-07-2014, 05:22 PM
This set is for mages that want to absorb hits and have over 4k health. This has nothing to do with skill points just equipment. I have an all int build with passives in int, str and dex. I hit 4400 health with this set and Orion and still have over 300 damage.

Weapon- magmatic totem of potency-this weapon gives a ton of health and has a great proc. With the high health you will be able to stand in the middle if mobs and use it easily.

Armor-dragon scale armor of fatality/will-this armor gives highest health thats available now. Fatality gives 10 health more per piece but either will work.

Ring-blood ruby or any high health ring you can find. I use the blood ruby but any high health ring will work.

Amulet-glowstone hoop of fatality or any high health ring you can find. There are lots of amulets that work well for this as well.

With this set you can have the durability of a warrior with spells. Damage will be significantly lower with this set compared to others tho.

falmear
04-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Use Tarlok Heart of Potency:

40 STR 20 INT 100 Health 3.0 Damage 23 Armor

I have 2 exceptional blood gems on it. I use this when farming elites. I don't use shield so the extra health and armor help.

Wutzgood
04-07-2014, 05:45 PM

40 STR 20 INT 100 Health 3.0 Damage 23 Armor

I have 2 exceptional blood gems on it. I use this when farming elites. I don't use shield so the extra health and armor help.

Nice that one is better. I don't use shield either so I try to find a high health set for certain situations.

On a side note my warrior bought your magmatic claymore the other day lol.

Robhawk
04-08-2014, 06:17 AM

I prefer Amulet of Doom. ;)

falmear
04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Amulet of Doom vs Tarlok Heart of Potency are more or less the same when comparing the two with fully exceptional blood gems. You lose -83 health but gain +25 armor with Amulet of Doom.

falmear
04-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Just as a follow up, a level 41 Archon Ring of Potency is quite nice too. You can see a screen shot using Tarlok Heart of Potency and Archon Ring of Potency here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?148196-Selling-Level-41-Archon-Ring-of-Potency-w-9-STR-(One-Grand-Blood-Gem)

I think this works with arcane staff, because you can give up some damage and trade it off for health and armor. Even if you don't have arcane staff you can make similar trade offs.

Wutzgood
04-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the additions falmear. I have almost 4700 health with this set now.

Kellhus
04-13-2014, 07:43 PM
guys can you tell me please, my mage will be 41 today or tomorrow and I wanted to know a few opinions. I need to find something that has more armour, seems mine is a bit low, how much armour should a 41 mage have approx? Without mythic ofc. Also, how much dmg does your above sets give? Atm my mage has around 443dmg but has a few lower Lvl pieces still, ie the armour issue. Thanks so much harder for your time :-)

Wutzgood
04-13-2014, 10:14 PM
guys can you tell me please, my mage will be 41 today or tomorrow and I wanted to know a few opinions. I need to find something that has more armour, seems mine is a bit low, how much armour should a 41 mage have approx? Without mythic ofc. Also, how much dmg does your above sets give? Atm my mage has around 443dmg but has a few lower Lvl pieces still, ie the armour issue. Thanks so much harder for your time :-)

With that set I have around 350 damage, 1300 armor and 4700 health compared to my damage set which has 500 damage, 1100 armor and 3300 health.

Although about 3 weeks ago I was running around with 500 damage and 2200 health and doing fine. Just using a lot more potions lol.

Wutzgood
04-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Just switched a level 40 architect pylon of potency for my magma totem. Stats are a little lower on architect pylon but with this staff I never use mana potions. Put this with the armor set listed and you will rarely use any potions.