PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Pet Peeve - Getting DC from Elite Maps

Nitexx
04-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Scenario:

Working an Elite map for the better part of 20 minutes or so (longer if your team is weaker), only to get halfway through killing the boss and having your device disconnect!

Solution:

Is it really that hard to create a token at the beginning of an elite run such that if disconnected, I can then rejoin? I would say to also penalize the team if someone dcs so that they are counted as a present member for difficulty, and thus they would need to probably wait for that member to return or else forge ahead short handed. I'm guessing that allowing mid mission joins for elites presents loops holes, so I agree that should be prevented, but I think a generated temporary token, with an expiration of course, would solve this and allow rejoining an in-progress elite mission, assuming you were there at the start and received the token.

Thoughts?

Serancha
04-07-2014, 05:48 PM
They did announce somewhere that new "untimed" elite maps will be coming as an option to players. This will allow people to rejoin if they d/c mid-run. I guess it is the clock that locks the zone, so this makes sense.

No timeline was given, but it was said they hope sooner rather than later.