PDA

View Full Version : Gold

Regmond
12-14-2010, 09:46 PM
So I'm a new player and have some questions/concerns about gold and it's role in the game. I have only purchased the Balefort Castle area, so I'm aware that my exposure to the game is kinda limited. It seems that gold doesn't do much for me except let me purchase potions. When I first got Balefort, I checked the new vendor and they had nothing of value for my character. This I can understand, as the better gear should come from random drops any way, but the gear offered by the merchant never got any better. I've looked at the CS, but now that I'm at level 20, there doesn't appear to be much sold on it for me. So again, I'm left wondering what is gold realy good for (other than potions)?

I'm kind of at a loss here. Is it my inexperience or is this just how it is? If its inexperience, what is in the other campaigns that would make gold worth having, other than buying rares from CS/people? If this is just how it is, then I can deal. I just want to know.

Perhaps a single re-spec could cost gold, instead of platinum? Now that I've played a little, I can see benifits to changing some of my inexperienced choices. I'm just trying to find something...

Arterra
12-14-2010, 10:03 PM
look at lv 50 items.

gold is the medium of exchange between players so they can share drops more easily and determine their value.

Regmond
12-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Ok, but that doesn't seem to help lower level characters.

Arterra
12-16-2010, 08:13 PM
im just saying what its use was. not giving prices for level 20-35 purples.