PDA

View Full Version : Chrome...here we go again.

keanedara
04-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Running an old version 26 of Chrome worked up until today when it informed me that the game could not launch unless I had V31 or higher. I used the V26 because the game is super slow and buggy running anything higher. Anyone else having issues?
Thanks

This is the error message I get:

Oops! It looks like you may be using an older version of Chrome! Download Chrome 31 or higher to play!

If I do the later versions make the game unplayable.

Shahreen Noh
04-07-2014, 09:47 PM
hey bro we got the same issue

Zynzyn
04-07-2014, 10:47 PM
I am getting this too. Running an old version worked for me until I got the message today - that I need to use version 31 or higher to play but when I update my chrome version, it tells me that graphics failed to initialize. If I use the latest chrome version, I get an Oops! message. If I use a version 26, I get another Oops! message. Neither using the new version works, nor using the old version works. Whats going on? Can we not play AL on chrome anymore?

Since it is not only me who is facing this issue, there must be something wrong here. I request devs to please look into this.

Madnex
04-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Yes, I confirm this is a very fresh issue. I just encountered it, to be precise.

Downloaded the suggested version 31 and will try to figure out a way for AL to be playable again on it. Will post here for updates.

utpal
04-08-2014, 12:01 AM
yes me too. today as usual i was going to log in then it popped up tht i need v31, i was like WTF. i m using v28 tho.
darn, i dnt want to miss todays AL ss contest

Madnex
04-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Lol plot twist; chrome requirements were updated so everyone will lose at least one day and amie keeps the ring. xD

utpal
04-08-2014, 12:50 AM
why sts why? why u do like this? :( should wait atleast 6days (after ss contest end)

Kellhus
04-08-2014, 01:05 AM
Is this the only device/ way you guys play? I am assuming it is. If so, that really sux. :|

GoodSyntax
04-08-2014, 01:06 AM
Don't use the Chrome App....instead go directly to account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends (http://account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends)

I've always been running the latest (Dev) version of Chrome, but any time I try to launch AL from the App, it fails. Sometimes, you can uncheck the Native Client flag and re-check it, then restart Chrome, but going directly to the URL is the fastest and most reliable way.

Madnex
04-08-2014, 01:46 AM
I figured it out. :)

utpal
04-08-2014, 02:44 AM
in the v31 AL works. i m patching now -.-
54 is patching now.
anybody knows how to move AL patch files in v28 to v31 chrome?

Zynzyn
04-08-2014, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE=utpal;1573556]in the v31 AL works. i m patching now -.-
54 is patching now.
QUOTE]

Thats great news. Will you please post a working link for downloading v 31 of chrome? Are you able to play AL now?

supersyan
04-08-2014, 06:42 AM
happend to me today. i upgraded to 31 from 26. but there's some issue with graphics. Screen flickering while running

keanedara
04-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Madnex what did you come up with?

utpal
04-08-2014, 11:01 AM
after updating it wrks fine
@zynzyn
go to chrome webstore and add AL app. easy. same as u did in older versions

Kakashis
04-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Yeah I'm mad about this as 31 chrome is laggy and choppy. Version 26 was butter smooth even with another Windows open for forums. I for one am quite upset by this.

Zealouzs
04-08-2014, 12:26 PM
wew Same Problem -.- HERE WE GO AGAIN

Normitaa :)
04-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Same -.- grrrrrrrrrr

Zealouzs
04-08-2014, 03:17 PM
try this :)

shelren
04-08-2014, 03:51 PM
try this :)
its work for me guys.. was using chrome 26... then i unistall it and install v34 and follow zealous instruction and it run perfectly...
try it guys... might be working... coz it work for me well

shelren
04-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Solution to this problem, as suggested by Utpal and Madnex ---

1. Go to add/remove programs and completely wipe out the old Google chrome.
2. Update to version 31 of chrome. (Hard to find a working link through search, so use torrent to download the installer)
3. After it is installed, turn off the internet connection briefly, and disable google chrome updates before opening the browser so that it does not automatically update to 33.
3. Go to Chrome webstore, install the AL app and log in, let it load, patch, etc.

This worked for me.

for me.. even dont find any v31 google still work for me..coz v31 is hard to find... then u can follow mine... easier..but if u still can u just can follow wat this guys have soluted x)

keanedara
04-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks Zealouzs. Although that helped a little bit it's still pretty rough. I'm assuming that enabling native client is a given in that setup? Still nowhere near as smooth as the v26 for me though.
As far as the v31 fix I tried that a while back. I believe that's when I started running into these problems...right around the time v31 versions started coming out. Still no solid solution on this end.

The thing that I don't understand is that I could run this game no problems on a cheap, old prepaid cell phone yet for some reason playing on a newer laptop computer poses all the problems? All other Spacetime games work fine it's just this one which furthers my confusion. I'm using a year old Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7. Thanks again guys for any help.

Tendirin
04-10-2014, 09:51 AM
dont need to do all of that technical stuff just update your driver and download updated chrome

supersyan
04-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Thanks Zealouzs. Although that helped a little bit it's still pretty rough. I'm assuming that enabling native client is a given in that setup? Still nowhere near as smooth as the v26 for me though.
As far as the v31 fix I tried that a while back. I believe that's when I started running into these problems...right around the time v31 versions started coming out. Still no solid solution on this end.

The thing that I don't understand is that I could run this game no problems on a cheap, old prepaid cell phone yet for some reason playing on a newer laptop computer poses all the problems? All other Spacetime games work fine it's just this one which furthers my confusion. I'm using a year old Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7. Thanks again guys for any help.

Agree with this. The game is not smooth as chrome v.26. The frames are choppy in v.31