PDA

View Full Version : Can I dream of combined Pet Stable?

extrapayah
04-08-2014, 12:49 AM
definitely a new game+ for me, a very great way to increase the game's replay value

Xeusx
04-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Combined pet=lots of bug on combined pet, also it will make the pet weird O.O

Kakashis
04-08-2014, 06:29 AM
I think he means pet sharing between toons

Temarichan
04-08-2014, 05:17 PM
It would be awesome if we could do that, I dislike buying pets for each of my characters since some eggs can be costly.

But I wouldn't have your hopes up sadly.

extrapayah
04-08-2014, 11:27 PM
yes devs, please, please, please consider it, especially since you said you're going to fix something with shared storage thing, and you also said that you'll keep arcane legend long enough, so adding something that can really improve replay value of the game will definitely brings good things...

thank you

Bigboyblue
04-09-2014, 06:46 AM
This would be fantastic. Plat pets aren't cheap. I don't see a problem with stable sharing. You can already share gear if you want. Pets should be the same way.

Hectororius
04-09-2014, 12:55 PM
The reason why this wont happen is simple: They dont want you using a capped pet at low levels. this would break many things in the game in general. Even scaling the pet to your toons current level kind of defeats the purpose.

I would also love this idea in theory, but in practice, it creates too many ways to break the game.

Bigboyblue
04-09-2014, 02:11 PM
They would have to program the game so that each toon gets its own level 1 pet. It would have to be leveled up by the individual character. This eliminates the overpowered twink issue.

Serancha
04-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Would also defeat the purpose of a shared stable, if you had to level all the pets individually. That's like getting multiple pets for the price of one, which makes no sense at all.

Pie
04-09-2014, 05:46 PM
I could finally use my abbadon for my alts that are trying to level :D. The only main problem with this is the level of the pet. For example, Level 21 twink with like a level 41 Samuel...OP. But if they can find a way to solve that problem I would love to see this.

Bigboyblue
04-10-2014, 06:35 AM
Would also defeat the purpose of a shared stable, if you had to level all the pets individually. That's like getting multiple pets for the price of one, which makes no sense at all.

Two pets for the price of one is exactly what I would want lol. Even better is 4 for the price of one. Really though it's just an idea on how it can be implemented without having twinks running a level 41 pet.

Hectororius
04-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Well, I'll give you another very good reason as to why they wont do this.

if everyone could reuse the same pets on multiple toons, what do you think will happen with the egg market in STS?

extrapayah
04-12-2014, 05:10 AM
well... players are the one who decide the price...

anyway... i just don't feel right when i need to level the same pet again and again...
and probably dev can make pet's stats won't pass over the toon's level, pretty fair i think
and probably with this, more new twink players will appear

more active players -> game become more alive, more replay value for anyone

Kellhus
04-12-2014, 05:12 AM
Pet sharing = no plat sales. Won't happen unless they exclude plat pets.

Ebezaanec
04-12-2014, 10:39 AM
well... players are the one who decide the price...

anyway... i just don't feel right when i need to level the same pet again and again...
and probably dev can make pet's stats won't pass over the toon's level, pretty fair i think
and probably with this, more new twink players will appear

more active players -> game become more alive, more replay value for anyone

Exactly, players will decide the price. If everyone is able to buy one pet and split it between multiple characters, then what is the point of buying more? And why would you buy more at the same price?

High supply + Low demand = Declining Market Value

extrapayah
04-13-2014, 12:52 AM
is there any problem with declining market value?

i though all players save money to buy gears, and pets, if all of us have all pets and all best gears with cheap price, is it bad?

don't forget that the only pure way to produce money are dailies... and liquidate, selling things in auction is not an act of producing things... if fact, money is lost from AL world because of auction 'tax'

jrkimkyla
04-13-2014, 01:13 AM
I don't think you can do a combined pet because what if your main character is lvl 40 and your think is lvl 8....is the lvl 8 twink going to have a lvl 40 pet because your main chat lvl up the pet too lvl 40???

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Deadroth
04-13-2014, 03:22 AM
You can dream bout that stable. But thank God this won't happen. Would ruin market.

Sincerely
Deadroth

extrapayah
04-13-2014, 09:58 PM
I don't think you can do a combined pet because what if your main character is lvl 40 and your think is lvl 8....is the lvl 8 twink going to have a lvl 40 pet because your main chat lvl up the pet too lvl 40???

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

well... i find it no problem actually, consider that as a pay off from playing long time (capping pets' level is not easy, need to rotate, take time, or need to feed), and low lvl pvp is not something that new players are recommended to play anyway, especially with the cost of twinking gears (good ones are millions). but if anyone find it a problem, then devs could always make restriction on summoned pets' level and stats. e.g. lvl 8 players who summoned lvl 40 pet will get lvl 8 pet

You can dream bout that stable. But thank God this won't happen. Would ruin market.

Sincerely
Deadroth

what pet's egg price are you referring? deary? can deary go down than the current price? well not much difference anyway

malison? kettle? loki? ribbit? flap-jack? pigs? probably old player like me who's going to buy those for the second time, will farm it by myself, and yes i did

or samael? i assure you, samael's price won't go down. buying samael for the second time (to be used) will make you think several time

and do you really enjoy your time leveling all your same pet again and again? really?

Xenobiotic
04-15-2014, 07:18 PM
There are reasons as to why STG didn't make it this way. Serancha and Hectorius have been nice enough to list some :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrapayah
04-17-2014, 02:15 AM
There are reasons as to why STG didn't make it this way. Serancha and Hectorius have been nice enough to list some :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well hectorious mention a problem about that devs doesn't want low level player break the game easily, using capped or strong pets, my arguments are:

1. for pve, it won't be a problem... killing boss easily in old maps just like having a high level player help you... and since the player himself actually has a high level toon, consider it as a way to help himself/herself.

2. for pvp, good twink gears currently only achievable by old players, one who have enough gold, or have the previous items, by allowing sharing pets, it will raised the limit of how pvp can be played. will it be a problem? the nature of pvp has been already for endgame players, increasing the limit, will only make low level pvp has more variations, will make low level twink having cool pets, consider that as the player's right, it is never been easy to get cool pets (i don't even have mythic pets, i can only envy them)

as for serancha's post:

he/she only mention the contradiction when shared pets is implemented by having each toon given a lvl 1 pets... that's also a little bit contradict with what I actually want, a shared pet stable, which also save me time from leveling same pet again and again, and maybe actually serancha does want (or don't have any problem) with shared pet stable :D

thank you!!!
please dev please... may AL is always the best Mobile MMORPG

extrapayah
07-12-2014, 05:52 PM
let's hope for the best...

Anarchial
07-13-2014, 09:30 AM
It would result in plat sale losses for STS. Let me give u the smallest example.
For the ap "parliament of owls" you need haze which is plat purchasable. Now suppose a person has 3 toons with the same account mail. To get this ap that person haa to buy haze in all 3 toons, i.e.40x3=120plats. If there was only one combined stable the sale would be only 40 plat. Similiar lower sales would happen for other plat purchasable myth pets too. Hope you get my point :)

extrapayah
07-14-2014, 06:53 AM
then make haze's price to 120 plats :P,

anyway do you have 3 toons? and do you haze for all of them? i still prefer buying it only for my main toon though... for 'just' an AP

Madnex
07-14-2014, 08:04 AM
Can I dream of combined Pet Stable?
http://i.imgur.com/8Mg52vN.png

Saribeau
07-14-2014, 09:38 AM
lol this will never happen. sts will LOSE money. don't want that do u? lololol

Saribeau
07-14-2014, 09:39 AM
then make haze's price to 120 plats :P,

anyway do you have 3 toons? and do you haze for all of them? i still prefer buying it only for my main toon though... for 'just' an AP

WHAT IF U HAVE 1 TOON? WHOS GONNA BUY HAZE THEN? this is a terrible idea. hahahaha no.

extrapayah
07-14-2014, 11:17 AM
http://www.stopp.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Com_Hem_Sommar_2010_Omg_Cat_stoppweb_16x9.jpg

Xeusx
07-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Won't happen, never.

extrapayah
07-14-2014, 10:23 PM
let's hope for it :D

Sirnoobalot
07-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Pet sharing = no plat sales. Won't happen unless they exclude plat pets.

Thats right.
C'mon give up already.

Hectororius
07-16-2014, 09:36 AM
As a correction. The ap pet is hazel not haze.

And nice necro of your own thread. Feel free to re read what everyone wrote. Nothing has changed.

GuardianTwo
07-17-2014, 06:37 AM
I think you dont want to lvl your same pets on different toons again and again.... then why common stable, lets say that if same egg is open on a diff char on same account, then we have the priviledge to get it right to that chars lvl! This way we wont have to lvl same pet again on diff toons, and market value wont be lost...

Xeusx
07-17-2014, 07:03 AM
http://www.stopp.se/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Com_Hem_Sommar_2010_Omg_Cat_stoppweb_16x9.jpg
That kitty is very cute :3
I love that kitty when that kitty do that! :3

extrapayah
07-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Thats right.
C'mon give up already.

will try my best...

As a correction. The ap pet is hazel not haze.

And nice necro of your own thread. Feel free to re read what everyone wrote. Nothing has changed.

thank you for the correction, i'm wondering will people who have already buy them more than once will really complaint if the stable become shared? i really need an honest comment from the buyer.

aye, rather than creating same thread, i chose to necro :P

I think you dont want to lvl your same pets on different toons again and again.... then why common stable, lets say that if same egg is open on a diff char on same account, then we have the priviledge to get it right to that chars lvl! This way we wont have to lvl same pet again on diff toons, and market value wont be lost...

close, but pet are released continuously, it will only help temporarily

That kitty is very cute :3
I love that kitty when that kitty do that! :3

great :D, but i forgot to disclaim it... the image is not mine...

GuardianTwo
07-18-2014, 01:03 AM
will try my best...

But for your new pets you will not be bore right?!?!? since you said you dont like to lvl SAME PETS on YOUR ALT.... So release of new pets should not affect anything under this situation... One have to earn the pet for all their alts, but just to make lvling easier its ok... Or else the market value of it will diminish

Xeusx
07-18-2014, 03:46 AM
will try my best...

thank you for the correction, i'm wondering will people who have already buy them more than once will really complaint if the stable become shared? i really need an honest comment from the buyer.

aye, rather than creating same thread, i chose to necro :P

great :D, but i forgot to disclaim it... the image is not mine...
I want to ask:
People with his main char and alt char has the same pet (example: orion)and leveled it up to 41
When this suggestion happen, what happen to people like that? Is it feel like you wasted gold or get scammed by that suggestion? Dude, think about who has the main and alt char have the same pet..

extrapayah
07-18-2014, 04:06 AM
But for your new pets you will not be bore right?!?!? since you said you dont like to lvl SAME PETS on YOUR ALT.... So release of new pets should not affect anything under this situation... One have to earn the pet for all their alts, but just to make lvling easier its ok... Or else the market value of it will diminish

aye, it is great, but the problem of needing to level the pet again will persist after dev increase level caps, or if i open egg for the second time before capping my secondary character, so, if egg market is the problem, i suggest to:

share pet's level/xp, but the next character need to unlock the pet, and each pet limited to not be stronger than character's level

P.S.: you can refer to my post at Suggestion/Feedback subforum

Blackair142
07-18-2014, 04:18 AM
So I'm guessing no, you can't dream of a combined Stable.

extrapayah
07-19-2014, 07:26 AM
I want to ask:
People with his main char and alt char has the same pet (example: orion)and leveled it up to 41
When this suggestion happen, what happen to people like that? Is it feel like you wasted gold or get scammed by that suggestion? Dude, think about who has the main and alt char have the same pet..

well, i also have almost lvl 40 malison in each of my toons (3), i will definitely feel kind of wasted time i used before,
but when the cap increased, i don't need to cap all those malisons again, so, i think it won't cause much problem...

so the sooner the better it will be

So I'm guessing no, you can't dream of a combined Stable.

please grant my wishes, santa! :D

thank you, if you all have time, you can also help me bump my other thread here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?121727-Suggestion-Combined-pet-stable)

extrapayah
08-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Halloween is coming, i hope someone realize the combined pet stable :D

Kingofninjas
08-10-2014, 02:59 PM
is there any problem with declining market value?

i though all players save money to buy gears, and pets, if all of us have all pets and all best gears with cheap price, is it bad?

don't forget that the only pure way to produce money are dailies... and liquidate, selling things in auction is not an act of producing things... if fact, money is lost from AL world because of auction 'tax'

2 questions.
1) Ever heard of elites?
2) The word merching mean anything to you?

Andrisber
08-14-2014, 03:58 AM
it would be quite nice since i bought slag and never actually use it...

SacredKnight
08-14-2014, 04:03 AM
Bring back Abaddon first, then I can make some money...lol ^_^