PDA

View Full Version : Adding spice to the game- Weaknesses on Players.

Hiosahaf
04-08-2014, 06:11 PM
So there was this topic started by Madnex (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?138154-The-*WEAKNESS*-Research-Thread!&highlight=weakness+research) regarding weaknesses on the bosses.

And then I saw Zylx's post about the game getting a bit too mainstream and everything just seeming the same. So I got this idea that why shouldn't we have weaknesses on Players too in PvP/PvE?

For example,
Warrior- A shadow storm shot (Nobody uses it I guess) and a Mage's clock drop on a warrior causes weakness in him and stuns.

Rogue- Warrior's chest splitter timed with a mage's gale boost through the rogue.

Mage- Skyward smash + snare.

This would be great for true PvP clashes. The above stuff is just a suggestion and can be changed to whatever the Devs fit into their calculation. Pets AA can also be taken into account. For example, only Talon's AA combined with warrior's skill can cause weakness (Talon is not a warrior pet, I know. But to cause a weakness, you should be susceptible too)

As for PvE, weakness on players should work only in elites (I can see the rant threads coming up, but frankly speaking, you need skills to do elites. You can't just be a whammer and wham wham wham your way through them. Phat pinball. Just a new little challenge). The little Armadillo thing's attack combined the with DPS serpents' attack/whelp attack can be a good combo. The Shaman's attacks work too.

~

Why do I think this is a good idea? (Your opinions may differ :) )
- Clashes in PvP can be made more interesting
- Extra skill points at 41 can be used in the skills which are usually ignored, giving players the time to milk the best out of them. ( I believe there is a free respec coming soon after they do the client update for the passive skill bug)
- More strategic and tactical gameplay would be there
- People would need to learn to play how to play with the pets which they never use. Gives a new aspect to the game

~

Please leave your constructive comments below. Do not flame this thread and be mature while responding! :)

Madnex
04-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Ah, old research topics bring back memories.

Cross-class combos, an excellent idea! I did suggest it and Amie did forward it to the devs but you know, with the big changes on the skill system on the way I don't think anything this large can be squeezed in. I hope I'm wrong of course! :)

For PvE, I think we can add more strategy and skill by implementing cross-class combos than work on mobs, not players. Much more fun that way! :)

Hiosahaf
04-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Ah, old research topics bring back memories.

Cross-class combos, an excellent idea! I did suggest it and Amie did forward it to the devs but you know, with the big changes on the skill system on the way I don't think anything this large can be squeezed in. I hope I'm wrong of course! :)

I hope it does squeeze in! Weakness in PvP would surely be something interesting in 5v5 clashes (the fair ones). And weakness ON players is also something new and challenging!

For PvE, I think we can add more strategy and skill by implementing cross-class combos than work on mobs, not players. Much more fun that way! :)

Why not both? :D

Zylx
04-09-2014, 01:59 AM
That would be pretty cool actually. And have a message saying "It's Super Effective!" like Pokémon. Lol, no really. We need more 'umph' to the combat rather than just spamming attacks/skills buttons. +1 from me.

Instanthumor
04-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Why not both? :D

You don't kill players in PvE! Haha

That would be pretty cool actually. And have a message saying "It's Super Effective!" like Pokémon.

That's the first thing that came to my mind while I was reading this!

Hiosahaf
04-09-2014, 02:29 AM
You don't kill players in PvE! Haha

:| I meant mobs can do a combo and players can do a combo as well.. I wrote that in the PvE part..

Edit- I wrote only about mobs doing such a combo. Madnex suggested cross-class ones

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

gumball3000
04-09-2014, 02:59 AM
This game will have same faith as pl.

Hiosahaf
04-09-2014, 03:28 AM
This game will have same faith as pl.

Um.. okay!

Kellhus
04-09-2014, 03:34 AM
In sl we have combos so i always wondered why not have here. Would add another dimension to the game.

Rare
04-09-2014, 06:59 AM
No thanks. My sorc already has enough weakness

Bless
04-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Aimed shot + Lightning = Sandwiched

Aziiii
04-09-2014, 07:08 AM
always wanted to be hybrid rogue .....add a shield and a fire ball and i'm good to go. Tank-sor-gue would be the name

Hiosahaf
04-09-2014, 09:03 AM
No thanks. My sorc already has enough weakness

True :/ drop the mage weakness, ye mean?

Aimed shot + Lightning = Sandwiched

What if the warr has HoR on? It's for 5v5 clashes. Maybe some combo by the classes which results into immense weakness/reduces armour/stuns warrior with bleeding/etc etc

You do have a point though.. that is a deadly combo, especially with ribbit's AA.. it's just that I feel that whammers shouldn't be around. :3

utpal
04-09-2014, 01:00 PM
in sl there is combo.
i play commando and beats opr using singularity+back breaker=combo. it shows a big combo mark above opponents. same in pl. wonder y there is no combo in al

Kellhus
04-09-2014, 07:19 PM
in sl there is combo.
i play commando and beats opr using singularity+back breaker=combo. it shows a big combo mark above opponents. same in pl. wonder y there is no combo in al

I already said this :| but thanks for reiterating :-)

Madnex
04-09-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm just going to leave the original source confirming that combos should be there for anyone interested:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?138080-Me-You-amp-Cross-Class-Combos

Hoping this will be considered, it'd take the game to a whole new level! :)

Hiosahaf
04-09-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm just going to leave the original source confirming that combos should be there for anyone interested:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?138080-Me-You-amp-Cross-Class-Combos

Hoping this will be considered, it'd take the game to a whole new level! :)

Pseudo-thanks. Weaknesses are such an awesome concept, it would actually require for people to use their brains. I still think that weaknesses ON players would be pretty interesting too! (Or maybe it's just a way to bring down Moehummer from 10k health to lesser quickly if he does PvP :p )

Moehummer
08-17-2014, 07:06 AM
Pseudo-thanks. Weaknesses are such an awesome concept, it would actually require for people to use their brains. I still think that weaknesses ON players would be pretty interesting too! (Or maybe it's just a way to bring down Moehummer from 10k health to lesser quickly if he does PvP :p )

That's why I don't do pvp. :p

Madnex
08-17-2014, 07:45 AM
Cross-class combos.. would definitely be an awesome addition to the incoming skill system refinement!!! Thanks for the necro moe! :p

Ebezaanec
08-17-2014, 09:38 AM
This might be a little off-topic, but the strategy part made me think.

A lot of games have this type of anti-player. What would be interesting to see is a boss battle that had four enemies, each one representing the respective players in the map.

The bosses would behave in the same manner as typical parties and will be able to use the same skills as the players. Anti-war can heal, anti-mage can use shield, and anti-rogue uses aimed shot.

What would it be like fighting your own elite party?

Moehummer
08-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Cross-class combos.. would definitely be an awesome addition to the incoming skill system refinement!!! Thanks for the necro moe! :p

Thanks for the necro?
Dude, what the H?

Ebezaanec
08-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the necro?
Dude, what the H?

Check the date of the thread.. 'nuff said