PDA

View Full Version : So as a paladin to i want full str or half & half

Cabero
12-15-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm trying to decide what to do. I know it probably would be more fun to go str/int because I could wear I.t and str gear. But is there a serious difference between going full str or str/int. I tried full str for a bit and flound it hard to actually hold aggro on a boss. If I knew it was possible to hold aggro I would think full str.

Do people just go pally (in pve only) just for extra surviablity to heal and Rez or to tank?

mrpredalien
12-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Just go with Full Int, it gives you basically Everything that you need to win in both pvp and pve

Pharcyde
12-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Personally I would go half and half. Its balanced survivability and AoE damage. If your fine giving up AoE damage then go full str, because you can always restore your int with potions.

Pallys that are 50/50 are best at PvE. Pure str pallys are best at PvP.

Int mages are balanced at both PvP and PvE (But being balanced doesn't stop you from being pwned by PvP oriented builds)

Cabero
12-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Personally I would go half and half. Its balanced survivability and AoE damage. If your fine giving up AoE damage then go full str, because you can always restore your int with potions.

Pallys that are 50/50 are best at PvE. Pure str pallys are best at PvP.

Int mages are balanced at both PvP and PvE (But being balanced doesn't stop you from being pwned by PvP oriented builds)

So pallys aren't expected to actual tank (hold aggro) bosses? And I'm only concerned with Pve.

Pharcyde
12-15-2010, 11:35 PM
So pallys aren't expected to actual tank (hold aggro) bosses? And I'm only concerned with Pve.

PvE then go 128 str 125 int if you want to dual. 158 str 95 int if you want to be solely a pally. Or if you really really want to tank it up go 246 str (Max stat points).

Pallys are expected to tank. Most times the pally is the replacement for the tank and host will boot other joining tanks hoping for a bird with a mega blaster.

Cabero
12-15-2010, 11:41 PM
PvE then go 128 str 125 int if you want to dual. 158 str 95 int if you want to be solely a pally. Or if you really really want to tank it up go 246 str (Max stat points).

Pallys are expected to tank. Most times the pally is the replacement for the tank and host will boot other joining tanks hoping for a bird with a mega blaster.
Would happen to know the skill build for a full 158/95 tanking pally and skill rotation for holding aggro? Because so far I have failed at holding aggro on bosses lol. But I really haven't tried for long either.

Pharcyde
12-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Holding aggro can be tough when you got a pure nukemage in cyber and keeper staff. Aggro is basicly determined by three factors. 1.) Who they see first. 2.) Who attacks them first. 3.) Who is inflicting the most damage.

1. and 2. are crucial for a pally. 3 is kinda hard to break as a pally but if you just keep at it you should hold aggro pretty well.

I suggest putting your AoE spells first. Its casting damage so Aggro will go to you immediately. Then your debuffs because that also puts more aggro on you. After that I Would heal, buff, mana sheild. If you keep spell spamming then you should be good unless the pure int mage is outspamming you. Also if your against like keeper where they blast you away, I suggest backing into a corner so blast doesnt knock aggro off of you. If you do get blasted, hold the joystick towards the boss constantly, the closer you are the better the aggro sticks.

As for skill build. It is in the order of the in game skill chart.

5 0 5 1
5 5 5 5
5 3 5 5

You can always take the 3 out of mana sheild *As good pallys don't really need it* and put it into frostbite for additional damage. Since mana sheild drains your mana when you get hit, you will cast less spells with the time it takes to refill mana with pots. So thats another way pallys loose aggro is pot refilling.

Cabero
12-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Holding aggro can be tough when you got a pure nukemage in cyber and keeper staff. Aggro is basicly determined by three factors. 1.) Who they see first. 2.) Who attacks them first. 3.) Who is inflicting the most damage.

1. and 2. are crucial for a pally. 3 is kinda hard to break as a pally but if you just keep at it you should hold aggro pretty well.

I suggest putting your AoE spells first. Its casting damage so Aggro will go to you immediately. Then your debuffs because that also puts more aggro on you. After that I Would heal, buff, mana sheild. If you keep spell spamming then you should be good unless the pure int mage is outspamming you. Also if your against like keeper where they blast you away, I suggest backing into a corner so blast doesnt knock aggro off of you. If you do get blasted, hold the joystick towards the boss constantly, the closer you are the better the aggro sticks.

As for skill build. It is in the order of the in game skill chart.

5 0 5 1
5 5 5 5
5 3 5 5

You can always take the 3 out of mana sheild *As good pallys don't really need it* and put it into frostbite for additional damage. Since mana sheild drains your mana when you get hit, you will cast less spells with the time it takes to refill mana with pots. So thats another way pallys loose aggro is pot refilling.

Thank you, I will try all that and see who it turns out for me.

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Thank you, I will try all that and see who it turns out for me.

Any problems with the build? Still struggling with holding aggro?

Blasto
12-22-2010, 04:36 AM
if i ever get rift set i wonder if i should respec as im lvl 46 158 str 70 int and was gunna do 25 dex for hit/dodge now but will i need the dex once i have the gear and partial bonus?

iso advice

so expensive ><'

Thnx

Blasto

Cabero
12-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Any problems with the build? Still struggling with holding aggro?

Ya still having trouble on bosses. Trash mobs not to bad.

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Ya still having trouble on bosses. Trash mobs not to bad.

Try PvP combos. I tested and found that if you cast BOV and BOM once, debuffs once, and then blast a PvP combo constantly you should be fine holding aggro.

cuard
12-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I have full int and thats all i like

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Exactly cuard. Exactly What I mean.