PDA

View Full Version : Daily Quests Idea

Lesrider
12-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Ok, I know several people have mentioned something like this, but I just wanted to throw out my own version of it. I'll try to keep it simple.

Now that almost all campaigns have towns (all that's left is AO1-3), I think we need something to keep people going back to the towns once they finish all the quests. I mean, the new Lake Louis is so big, I get lost -- but why would I go back there once the quests are done? People go back to specific maps to farm bosses, but they dont really go back to the towns.

So my suggestion is, once all quests in a town are completed, there should be at least one daily quest in that town. The quest could have several parts to it, but the person should knows what prize they're getting when they start. It should always be purples and pinks. But the catch is, if you decline a quest one day, or abandon it, you don't ge another one for another week. However, if you complete the daily quests every day for a certain number of days (maybe 15? 20? 30?), you get really great loot. But if you skip one quest, the counter starts over from 0. Perhaps the more daily quests you do, the better the loot (ie. at 50 you get something nice, at 100 you get something even nicer.
And there could be a counter next to the regular quests so you can see how many you've done in a row.

I know this would be more for the hardcore players, and I don't know that I would even do it every day. But I think it would be a cool option, to get people to revisit these towns.

Any thoughts?

Cabero
12-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Nice twist to the daily quests idea. But from my experience from with daily quests in wow. You end up farming quests like you farm loot and you eventually get sick of it too.

In wow you farmed daily quests for gold amd faction reputation. It would take months per faction and there were loads of them. Your first character your like cool your 2nd Meh..., 3rd not again, etc.

Kind of like the cyber quests first character cool I got a cyber set. Your 2nd do I realy want to go through that again?!

But hey some do actually like doing that. I'm not trying to say your idea is bad. Just pointing another point of view to it.

Cabero
12-15-2010, 03:35 PM
I just had a second thought to your idea instead of good gear how about some cool novelty item similar to the winterfest item their not useful just real cool to own. I actually stole that idea lol that's what some faction reputation got you in wow lol.

Example: trinkets that would turn you into a swamp croc or one of those aliens with a blaster!!!! Their sound effects and all!

BeardedBear
12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
I would like idea, or something like that, but a daily quest seems a fair amount of upkeep by the Devs.

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I love the idea, absolutely love it.

But that would mean a ton of work every day, and maybe even new items to keep them interesting.

maybe a repeatable quest for 5k a pop and can be done daily and it changes monthly?

Love the idea though.

Lesrider
12-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Nah it could be the same quests just cycled. Most of the quests are so similar anyway.

I like the idea of vanity prizes (like the antlers).

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh, never really thought of repeating the quests in cycle.

True, all quest are: collect, kill, or talk to.

omnipresence
12-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Instead of quests, why not have crafts that have to be performed in cities. Weapon making, armor making, etc. Each city could have different equipment, making it necessary to travel to the cities to work on the crafts. The crafts in turn could be leveled up to create better gear/weapons etc which could be sold in the market.

Lesrider
12-15-2010, 07:43 PM
That sounds good, too, Omni. I just don't think jobs are part of the near-future plan. Daily quests don't sound all that different from what we already have, so I though it would be easily implemented.