PDA

View Full Version : My Road to level 50...

lce
12-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Closed for now will be back soon

Pharcyde
12-15-2010, 06:13 PM
SUPPORT!

I am doing the same thing!! :D I'm lvl 15 right now with 2500 kills. I wanted to get to lvl 50 solo and zero deaths but I started powerleveling him for holiday gears. Money ultimately makes the best fun... especially when next gear set is likely to be a fortune.

Arterra
12-15-2010, 06:15 PM
meh what if you do this with every character like moi? only Arterra and Sang are worth it to me, so listed below. got a retired bear and i deleted a retired bird a while ago.

frankly, my only comment here is that it should have been natural in the first place.

lce
12-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Haha good to know im not the only one. what class are you? Im thinking of creating a pally instead

Arterra
12-15-2010, 06:18 PM
best way to level any char really is to use ranged weps lol. pally just doesn't kick off until better m/s gear...

warbird was fun but tough to level up... but after vl30 was a freaking breeze with frozen gear lol.

lce
12-15-2010, 06:18 PM
meh what if you do this with every character like moi? only Arterra and Sang are worth it to me, so listed below. got a retired bear and i deleted a retired bird a while ago.

frankly, my only comment here is that it should have been natural in the first place.

Im still new to this game and when I joined I did not lvl I just decide to power lvl my character but now I am starting from the begining

Cabero
12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Omg! You deleted my twin! /cry I thought I finally had a farming buddy and you went and done that! /sniffle sniffle

Arterra
12-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Im still new to this game and when I joined I did not lvl I just decide to power lvl my character but now I am starting from the begining

hmm well then commended. have to say didnt know that, but that makes you that much better a person to play with later on :) good to see something turn out right!

lce
12-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Omg! You deleted my twin! /cry I thought I finally had a farming buddy and you went and done that! /sniffle sniffle

Aww Bud wait I few days maybe I can farm with you on my mage :)

Snakespeare
12-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Support!

but... I am going to say the same thing on this thread as I said in Pharcyde's, but in a different way. Please forgive the near-double-post.

I think it's OK to powerlevel, provided you are in a level appropriate campaign. My personal rule of thumb is the lowest level with red threat meters that has the most hallway mobs. That gets me gear I can use, especially armor, but it moves the character more quickly through the maps. Too much repitition can burn you out on a game, so I don't do it until after completing the quests for that campaign. The devs put the Hardcore Playas elixir into the game, so it's not like it's a sin to powerlevel. The thing that's frowned on is leeching, which really means going into a level where you know your character can not even scratch the opponents and letting the others do all your work for you.

Power levelling is fine, if you don't leech.

Cabero
12-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Aww Bud wait I few days maybe I can farm with you on my mage :)

But but we won't be twins anymore! lol
Just messing with you. I commend you for what your doing. I myself used xp pots from 47-50. But I think learning to play your character at 50 is the most important that's why I spend most of my time on my bird so I can continue to improve my bird. I hardly play my other characters because I want my bird to be the best he can be.

lce
12-15-2010, 06:34 PM
But but we won't be twins anymore! lol
Just messing with you. I commend you for what your doing. I myself used xp pots from 47-50. But I think learning to play your character at 50 is the most important that's why I spend most of my time on my bird so I can continue to improve my bird. I hardly play my other characters because I want my bird to be the best he can be.

Well add me again so we can chat, I still got all my gear lol Full cyber rift/Cosmos/Void hehe
Ill be on tommorow hopefully

Snakespeare
12-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Or... let me put it another way.

It's OK to move to the next campaign once the threat goes yellow. Just because it says 14 to 19 doesn't mean you have to stay through level 19. Yellow only gets you 1.5 XP, but red gets you 2 XP.

kavanah
12-15-2010, 06:35 PM
$20 says I can make it to level 50 in one day!

lce
12-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Or... let me put it another way.

It's OK to move to the next campaign once the threat goes yellow. Just because it says 14 to 19 doesn't mean you have to stay through level 19. Yellow only gets you 1.5 XP, but red gets you 2 XP.

Im still that new right...I didnt even realise that hehe :P I thought you just get same exp hehe then wehn your high enough you dont recieve them anymore but oh well thanks for telling me

Snakespeare
12-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh! well, cool! I should explain that I am talking about the color of the circle next to the opponents' life meters.

Pharcyde
12-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Support!

but... I am going to say the same thing on this thread as I said in Pharcyde's, but in a different way. Please forgive the near-double-post.

I think it's OK to powerlevel, provided you are in a level appropriate campaign. My personal rule of thumb is the lowest level with red threat meters that has the most hallway mobs. That gets me gear I can use, especially armor, but it moves the character more quickly through the maps. Too much repitition can burn you out on a game, so I don't do it until after completing the quests for that campaign. The devs put the Hardcore Playas elixir into the game, so it's not like it's a sin to powerlevel. The thing that's frowned on is leeching, which really means going into a level where you know your character can not even scratch the opponents and letting the others do all your work for you.

Power levelling is fine, if you don't leech.

Understandable. I am against leeches too so that is why I hosted my own game. Its impossible to leech your own match :p. As for the other players in the game, they joined and stayed so they can't complain :P.

lce
12-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Reached level 10 I might PvP and try out the level 10 Holiday items hehe

bladesword
12-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Well power leveling = leech?

Cabero
12-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Well power leveling = leech?

Only when you enter someone's run without their permission and your way to low to do effective dmg. Which causes their run to slow down because of the lack of DPS from the spot you took up.

EricB
12-16-2010, 09:04 AM
SUPPORT!

Yay!! I will add you, :) I'm doing the same thing with my bird! i'm L26 now 4427 kills and 2 deaths and all quests completed from forest haven to fathom crypt.
By the way i've started 1 week ago, but i play it only when i have no friends online on my main characters. So 50% of the time, i was busy doing the winterfestival quest twice.

This gonna be my first character to go to swamp town! I can't wait!

PS: Thanks Snakespears for the informations about the color dots on enemies life meter! I wasn't aware of that!

My char IGN: Badfarmer

EDIT:

Oh also, here's a tips! In ballefort disable XP gain when your are almost passing the level cap ( wich is 23). So when you will make the 1024 Tomes quest, kills will still record! And re-active it as soon as you finished the quest or close to. This will give you almost an extra 1k+ kills to your counter :) and will make this quest more rewarding too. (balefort quest over AND many kills! Win!)

lce
12-16-2010, 11:09 AM
SUPPORT!

Yay!! I will add you, :) I'm doing the same thing with my bird! i'm L26 now 4427 kills and 2 deaths and all quests completed from forest haven to fathom crypt.
By the way i've started 1 week ago, but i play it only when i have no friends online on my main characters. So 50% of the time, i was busy doing the winterfestival quest twice.

This gonna be my first character to go to swamp town! I can't wait!

PS: Thanks Snakespears for the informations about the color dots on enemies life meter! I wasn't aware of that!

My char IGN: Badfarmer

EDIT:

Oh also, here's a tips! In ballefort disable XP gain when your are almost passing the level cap ( wich is 23). So when you will make the 1024 Tomes quest, kills will still record! And re-active it as soon as you finished the quest or close to. This will give you almost an extra 1k+ kills to your counter :) and will make this quest more rewarding too. (balefort quest over AND many kills! Win!)

So what your saying is for the belfort quest..when I reach past level 23 and accept the quest it will still count ony my Kills? and when im about done Ill abonden it and take the quest again so I will recieve kill count?

EricB
12-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Huh? No don't abandon it lol

If you play the game and do the quest you will pass the level cap before the quest tomes. So while doing it, none of your kills will be recorded (since you passed the levelcap)

SO to have them being recorded (if you want!) keep you character XP just under the limit until the quest is done.

When you are almost done, reactive your XP gain to turn 24 and get ready to fathom Crypt :)

Snakespeare
12-16-2010, 11:59 AM
It stops counting kills when it stops giving XP, that is, when the threat indicator goes gray. what he is suggesting is that you temporarily Disable XP Gain during the 1024 tomes quests if you get too high level so it will still count kills.

Also, regarding that quest, I think map 3 has the most treasure chests, but map 5 has two Brom Dandy rooms and he drops the best pinks.

lce
12-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Ah ok thanks guys Im still PvPing

Ladylove
12-16-2010, 01:56 PM
ah yep, im doing it too. keeping identity private though. no spam invites and messages

Cuteeyes
12-16-2010, 01:59 PM
ah yep, im doing it too. keeping identity private though. no spam invites and messages

Would u send it to me per private message ? :)

EricB
12-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Why i'm not on the support list? :( lol

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 02:34 PM
They greatly increased the drop rate of tomes -- to the point that the number never clears from your screen. So it might not be the case anymore that he'd level up before finishing the quest.

lce
12-16-2010, 06:34 PM
They greatly increased the drop rate of tomes -- to the point that the number never clears from your screen. So it might not be the case anymore that he'd level up before finishing the quest.

Well that just means more kill counts for me right?

namehere
12-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Supoort!!!!!!

dude i really suport u good luck man! i think i may have a lvl 15 pink......... idk

Alterra
12-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Why delete?!?

If u wanted more kills on your pve kill list do ao3 map 2. Dmg pot and u will get almost every kill in grp = 100+ kills every 5 minutes... sooo thats 1200kills per hour + killing mynas for nice rares to sell.

So u didnt really delete for kills u must have deleted cuz of deaths? How many did u have?

Just seems crazy to delete a lvl50 even if u did boost to 50...

lce
12-17-2010, 03:22 AM
Why delete?!?

If u wanted more kills on your pve kill list do ao3 map 2. Dmg pot and u will get almost every kill in grp = 100+ kills every 5 minutes... sooo thats 1200kills per hour + killing mynas for nice rares to sell.

So u didnt really delete for kills u must have deleted cuz of deaths? How many did u have?

Just seems crazy to delete a lvl50 even if u did boost to 50...

I had a about 101 Deaths with all quest rushing and around 600 Kills lol but yeah it wasnt a fun character but I am finding this a fun way to gain Kill counts for a low level even at PvP I own because of the gear I have

TwinkTastical
12-17-2010, 03:42 AM
If you leave 1 time in a pvp match to achieve the pvp goal, you will lose every supporter.

lce
12-17-2010, 04:14 AM
If you leave 1 time in a pvp match to achieve the pvp goal, you will lose every supporter.

I never leave a lot of people do which can be annoying I have Regen for HP so I kinda run away till im good to attack lol :P
Mostly those who buy Platinum with armour and try to have a perfect record for their PvP they suck

EricB
12-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Wow you restart all over??

My Badfarmer is a big fail, but since it's my first bird build i made lot of mistakes and bad strategy decisions, i will still rise him to 50 the same way. I'm gonna start another after that for that 0 death thing.

Here's how far i've been at this time: All quests completed in order exept Elite quest and Alien Oasis.

http://www.labs.erathic.com/pocketlegends/bird.jpg

Deaths
1: gobelin king kamikaze Mobs
2: phone call during fathom crypt.
3: yeti overwhelmed
4: same as above
5-6: Croc's overwhelmed
7: phone call
8: Poison gas blast

:(

lce
12-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Wow you restart all over??

My Badfarmer is a big fail, but since it's my first bird build i made lot of mistakes and bad strategy decisions, i will still rise him to 50 the same way. I'm gonna start another after that for that 0 death thing.

Here's how far i've been at this time: All quests completed in order exept Elite quest and Alien Oasis.

http://www.labs.erathic.com/pocketlegends/bird.jpg

Deaths
1: gobelin king kamikaze Mobs
2: phone call during fathom crypt.
3: yeti overwhelmed
4: same as above
5-6: Croc's overwhelmed
7: phone call
8: Poison gas blast

:(

Yes I have, Im trying to get in leaderboards for Kill and death ratio. Doing pvp. I think i mgiht do some CTF but there is no leaderboards for it anyways will be lvling again when im done with everything