PDA

View Full Version : Sorting dungeons should be by their levels, not by Alphabetical order

Splurd
05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
I think it makes more sense.

Also, it is going to be abit awkward if we keep naming new dungens "The ****"
Because they are all going to be stuck under T.

The Lost expedition, The Ancient swamps, The Forbidden lair of nympho elves etc.

asommers
05-07-2010, 02:23 AM
The small triangles on the join screen will let you sort ascending/descending for name, level, and campaign.

-ALS

Splurd
05-07-2010, 02:46 AM
The small triangles on the join screen will let you sort ascending/descending for name, level, and campaign.

-ALS

oh I know, but

if I sort by campaign, I can only sort them by alphabaticly, ascending or descenting. For example.

A sample game list.

Forest Haven
The Lost Expedition
The Lost Expedition
Balefort Castle
Dark Forest
The Ancient Swamps
Forest Haven
Ye Olde Townes!
The Ancient Swamps
Fathorn Crypt
Dark Forest
Balefort Castle
Fathorn Crypt

Sample list sorted by alphabatical order (aka how it is now)

Balefort Castle
Balefort Castle
Dark Forest
Dark Forest
Fathorn Crypt
Fathorn Crypt
Forest Haven
Forest Haven
The Ancient Swamps
The Ancient Swamps
The Lost Expedition
The Lost Expedition
Ye Olde Townes!

If you look at the sequence of campaigns, its all jumbled up.

I am proposing to sort them by level. eg campaign 1,2,3,4, so it will look like this.

Ye Olde Townes!
Forest Haven
Forest Haven
Dark Forest
Dark Forest
Balefort Castle
Balefort Castle
Fathorn Crypt
Fathorn Crypt
The Lost Expedition
The Lost Expedition
The Ancient Swamps
The Ancient Swamps

Makes more sense IMO. Just a different point of view. I simply dislike having to page through 5 pages of games to reach the highest dungeon games.

Azrael
05-07-2010, 08:43 AM
All you have to do is type in the name of the campaign and then use the level arrows. For instance, type in the world ancient, and then click the level arrows. Or you can set a minimum and maximum level once you have typed in a campaign name.
I really like the new system, I rather have control over the sorting rather than it being automatic.

nerdherd
05-07-2010, 10:07 AM
I agree with Splurd here. Yes, you can type the name of the campaign you want, but it would be nice to be able to automatically sort them instead. The current sorting system is good, but something that sorted the campaigns into a more meaningful order would be even better. It could be as simple as adding a check box to the top that says "Only show me games of the highest level dungeon I have" or something like that.