PDA

View Full Version : A Proposal

Reunegade
04-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Recently I have been seeing way too many threads on the crap going on at endgame. I agree that if one spot blocks than another should do it also, to an extent. But is that really PvP? Any newbie who ventures into a PvP map gets immediately ganged. Don't give me that "it's how PvP was meant to be played" because it really isn't. I have an honest proposal as an attempt to fix endgame PvP.

Guild War Map
Simple as that. A new mode in which only guild vs. guild can fight. It can be the same exact maps with the following rules: no chat (except party chat and guild chat) and only your guild members can join that team. For example Guild A wants to fight against Guild B. A member of Guild A joins team blue. That means everyone in Guild A has to join team blue if they want to participate in the clash.

The clash starts when every guild team has 3 people (3v3 map) or 5 people (5v5 map). If a person on either team leaves, then the next person that dies on the opposing team has to sit out in the spawn with unlimited armor and deals no damage or buffs. This possibility will negate the following: trash talking, spot blocking, and unfair PvPing. This, IMO, is a start or solution to the unfair gaming going on at endgame.

I am not saying that this will "fix" endgame, per se. There will always be ganging in regular PvP maps. If developers would consider this idea, I think this could be a start of something good to fix endgame.

Thanks for reading this long proposal. For those that want a TL;DR: a new map that negates the main things that need fixing in PvP. Sorry for any errors, I hate writing on iPad, lol.

~Swaggron

Solid
04-13-2014, 02:58 PM
PvE until you get gear, seems like samael + mythics/arcanes are just default for AL's PvP.

Teraconne
04-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Good idea bro. Ill be really interested to play on this map for 3v3 and 5v5. So newbies can read something alone for pvp and enjoy with their friends. And when they like it will call others, so much ppl much fun!

csyui
04-13-2014, 04:19 PM
This is not about ctf game itself, it is all about how players play in the ctf game.

Nowadays, I have seen most players pick team (join the team with more ppl stand by, or join the team with guildies and friends only). And the larger the guild is, the more likely their members will pick the team. This causes the players from small guilds have to face ganging most time of their pvp journey.

Ask yourself, do you have guts to join the opposite side of your guild team, and help random teammates kill your own guildies or friends? I believe most of the pvper won't do that. But that is what I did in season 2, and I have to tell you it is more exciting to kill your friends or guildies, because in this way, you and your friends will all learn something from each others and get improved in your pvp skills.

Ishtmeet
04-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Csyui.. +1 good idea.
I agree with everything but on death, that guy with unlimited armour can still come in between and spoil. So better make it neutral guy! No attacks on him or he cant attack any! Can only roam and enjoy match while eating popcorn!

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

epicrrr
04-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Ask yourself, do you have guts to join the opposite side of your guild team, and help random teammates kill your own guildies or friends? I believe most of the pvper won't do that. But that is what I did in season 2, and I have to tell you it is more exciting to kill your friends or guildies.

Just plain wrong, i think you misunderstood the word "guildmates". "Family" rings a bell?

Impact
04-14-2014, 03:56 PM
How bout make warriors less invincible?

Anarchist
04-14-2014, 05:04 PM
WAR between GUILDS in AL

It combines five things: Arena territory restriction+ Ctf + Guilds + the fact you CAN POT in pvp + TDM. Let me dig the details.

First of all a Guild declares war to another Guild (ONLY Guildmasters can declare or accept a war and ONLY guildmembers can partecipate)
If a Guildmaster accepts a war theres no going back.
Every member of each Guild can partecipate in the war but there is a limit to there number MAYBE 10-15. Its left to the guild master to pick good ppl so his guild doesnt lose.

THE FIELD:
The arena isn't ctf but a open field (Trulle map WITHOUT annoying Trulle will do) each Guild starts from the oposite end of the field and at the begining are confined there.
When a GM accept a war invitation only him firstly has access to the field once he is there he can invite is members, the num of members he invites is left to him.

Once each Guild is ready the GM click a "Button " then there is a countdown and war begins each soldier can nw freely move on the battlefield and fight. Each soldier CAN POT both red and blue.

When a fighter dies he goes back to the base and he is restricted there.

HOW TO WIN A WAR:
Theres is a kill limit MAYBE 100 kill. everytime a fighter from the enemy guild dies your guild gets 1 kill.
Once all members of 1 of the two guilds dies and goes back to their base, territory restriction for both guilds(except for the fighters that didn't die) is once again removed and theres is a new clash.
There would be X clashes till a Guild reaches 100kills first. The Guild that reaches 100kills first win and gets accredited X "Warmonger point".

There would be a leader board for the best PvP guild determined by the Warmonger points.

---------------------------

Corrections:
1) Each GM can declare his guild won by pressing a specific button "SURRENDER"

2) Territory restriction for revived fighters from both guilds would be removed if all members of a guild die and there is at least 1 revived fighter for that guild.

3) Everytime all members of a guild die theres is a countdown before a New clash.

Rules:
1) The number of wars should be restricted.

2) Maximum number of partecipant from each guild would be 10-15( To limit lag issues).

3)If all fighters from guild A disconect then guild B wins

4) If all fighters from a guild A die and nobody revives for a new clash to begin after a warning countdown guild B wins.

This is my suggestion.

csyui
04-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Just plain wrong, i think you misunderstood the word "guildmates". "Family" rings a bell?

My family tree

Csyui: Arcane fellowship (recruited by Vystirch in Dec 2012, left at summer 2013 because AF is retired) ---> Always at War (recruited by Commie in Summer 2013, left in September due to GM no longer active at that time.) ---> DM (recruited by Ctf in Octomber 2013, till now)

Csyzi: Arcane fellowship (recruited by Csyui in Dec 2012, left at summer 2013 because AF is retired) ---> Average Joes (recruited by Pandamoni in Octomber 2013) ---> Chosen (Join as Joes merge into Chosen, till now)

Among those time between, I stay guildless.

leoakre
04-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Didn't Swift come up with an extremely logical and effective proposal also? A little something to benefit the greater good?
:disillusionment:

barzagli
04-16-2014, 09:11 PM
WAR between GUILDS in AL

It combines five things: Arena territory restriction+ Ctf + Guilds + the fact you CAN POT in pvp + TDM. Let me dig the details.

First of all a Guild declares war to another Guild (ONLY Guildmasters can declare or accept a war and ONLY guildmembers can partecipate)
Every member of each Guild can partecipate in the war but there is a limit to there number MAYBE 10-15. Its left to the guild master to pick good ppl so his guild doesnt lose.

THE FIELD:
The arena isn't ctf but a open field (Trulle map WITHOUT annoying Trulle will do) each Guild starts from the oposite end of the field and at the begining are confined there.
When a GM accept a war invitation only him firstly has access to the field once he is there he can invite is members, the num of members he invites is left to him.

Once each Guild is ready the GM click a "Button " then there is a countdown and war begins each soldier can nw freely move on the battlefield and fight. Each soldier CAN POT both red and blue.

HOW TO WIN A WAR:
Theres is a kill limit MAYBE 100 kill. everytime a fighter from the enemy guild dies your guild gets 1 kill.
Once all members of 1 of the two guilds dies and goes back to their base, territory restriction for both guilds(except for the fighters that didn't die) is once again removed and theres is a new clash.
There would be X clashes till a Guild reaches 100kills first. The Guild that reaches 100kills first win and gets accredited X "Warmonger point".

There would be a leader board for the best PvP guild determined by the Warmonger points.

Corrections:

2) Territory restriction for revived fighters from both guilds would be removed if all members of a guild die and there is at least 1 revived fighter for that guild.

3) Everytime all members of a guild die theres is a countdown before a New clash.

Rules:

2) Maximum number of partecipant from each guild would be 10-15( To limit lag issues).

4) If all fighters from a guild A die and nobody revives for a new clash to begin after a warning countdown guild B wins.

This is my suggestion.

Great Idea, I support these.. it will make the ordinary ctf or pvp can be fun with new players or guildless players to play. While the guilds can have their own war. Thumbs up for this idea!!!

leoakre
04-17-2014, 05:16 AM
WAR between GUILDS in AL

THE FIELD:

HOW TO WIN A WAR:

Corrections:

Rules:

This is my suggestion.

Sounds alot like the NFL for American Football