PDA

View Full Version : AoE bug frustration.

MoloToha
04-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Ok, today I ran elite Jagged Trail with my friends. I knew that there was a kind of AoE bug, but I never would think that it is ridiculously major! My mates spent 10+ plats for revives only because of that bug. No, it would be good if tank could just keep him in corner, but he one-shots warrior!! It's the first time I needed to use kite tactic as a warrior! And skip there is so hard, if you don't have plats and die at boss, prepare to hell. Hatred, hatred, hatred!!! Despite of my big frustration, I managed to find 4 ways how to solve this problem:
1) Actually, fix this bug. The best solution ever.
2) Nerf boss damage so he won't be able to one-shot warrior and he will attract all hits on himself.
3) Make a spawn point near a boss, just like in Shuyal Forest Breach to slight revive problem.
4) Introduce Revive Kits to make them available for non-plat users.

Madnex
04-13-2014, 04:22 PM
This has been brought up before, the elite version of Tribal Abomination is really lethal. A warrior's worst enemy, it can one hit anything with the long conical red zone attack.

Funny thing is, every time I tested it personally I had success by staying right behind him and spamming daggers on his back. I suspect team size is directly related with the red zone frenzy.

Ishtmeet
04-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Yes , he one hits on that big hit but It's easy to escape!
He takes 3 seconds for that strong attack, when u see that use heal or just run behind him instead moving left or right first!

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Morholt
04-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Maps are intended to be played/cleared. So skipping enemies is your own fault/problem.
If you can't survive at a boss, clear more of the mobs so you & your party are able to get back. It is almost like you are complaining about not being able to fend off 900 elite mobs at once...

As for the boss...
The one hit thing may be intended as a highly powerful blow. Sts may want to keep it 'broke' at the time being. Perhaps they want only a warrior wearing full lvl 41 mythic gear & arcane ring to be the only one able to survive that big hit? Or maybe that move just actually has a "chance to cause death?" Almost like how Samael has a chance to banish enemies. Would explain why some people have seen damage taken numbers that are unneededly high.

As for a tip to avoid it, regardless if it is intended or not:
Try to keep him facing one way for an extended amount of time before he can start that move. This will minimize latency issues. His attack could only be slightly wider than the seen red zone, and either slightly in front more or slightly behind (depending if he stepped forward or back a tiny bit). This will allow you to be able to avoid it by getting a bit of space between his back and yourself.

Fyrce
04-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Funny, whenever I'm behind him on his big attack, I get one-shot...

Hectororius
04-13-2014, 09:24 PM
If you think its bad now, it was 10x worse at the beginning when elites opened up. They have already addressed the issue as was mentioned before by taking into consideration the average players lag and latency issues.

And yes, as a warrior facing the troll, you have to change your strategy. You can't just stand there and herp derp.

Ihateppl
04-13-2014, 09:26 PM
but i like herp derping D:

Zylx
04-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Revive kits are most likely going to be added soon as another player mentioned it in another thread and it excited Samhayne.

Anarchist
04-14-2014, 12:29 AM
Abomination is a cheater.

He just doesn't understand the concept of out of range or have any respect whatsoever for them tanks. He is a troll!

Anarchist
04-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Revive kits are most likely going to be added soon as another player mentioned it in another thread and it excited Samhayne.

BadBadNotGood idea.

Ishtmeet
04-14-2014, 02:38 AM
Revive kits ,awesome!!
Thanks sts for doing a lot for non-plat users :*

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Morholt
04-14-2014, 02:42 AM
Revive kits are most likely going to be added soon as another player mentioned it in another thread and it excited Samhayne.How shall we enter our inventories from the dead screen?

This may be rushed into the client update that is supposed to be "soon."

Zylx
04-14-2014, 02:55 AM
How shall we enter our inventories from the dead screen?

This may be rushed into the client update that is supposed to be "soon."

It could probably pop up on the revive menu upon dying. Like [revive for free from beginning] [revive for 1 plat at spot] [revive for kit at spot] [revive for 5 plat at spot with invincibility].

Morholt
04-14-2014, 02:21 PM
It could probably pop up on the revive menu upon dying. Like [revive for free from beginning] [revive for 1 plat at spot] [revive for kit at spot] [revive for 5 plat at spot with invincibility].Yea, something like that. Obviously, they can implement anything--THEY ARE GODS! lol
But I was pointing out that idk if they can do that with the current set up. I think it would require a client update. And they've been saying, "it's just about ready...!" So, hopefully if they decide to rush it into the next client update and possibly delay it, nothing ends up being all buggy.

I'm excited to get the new client, solely for the reason of having the liquidating issue fixed.