PDA

View Full Version : Ooh, your level 39, BOOT!

MrGump
12-16-2010, 12:43 AM
So since the holiday event and swamps quests came out I have been trying to level as fast as possible to be able to so some of them on my own. Little did I know that every level 48+ was on a rage booting power trip. I have been trying to get into crush the keeper maps for about 20 minutes now, everytime I join I wait for people, the rush right in. I pull my weight, I kill, I help, I even tank a boss or two if I need to. It seems lately That every game i join I get booted with reasons like "lol noob" or "gtfo". Personally I am getting tired of the abuse I receive just because i'm not level 50.

What I was wondering was for all you around my level, does this happen to you, and how do you deal with it? And for those of you that are higher levels, why do you find it nessacary to boot? everyone was lvl 39 at sometime. That seems to have been forgotten though.

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 12:49 AM
39 is too low for ao3, IMO. If you really want to try it, Host your own game and invite friends. You can't blame others for not wanting to carry your weight. Sorry.

giayuan
12-16-2010, 01:02 AM
lvl 39 is just right for first alien oasis, and maybe with a good group, ao2. Ao3 is very hard and a lvl 39 doesnt really help. Oh yeah, tanking an ao3 boss for a minute will probably kill you =)

TwinkTastical
12-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Your lvl 39 trying to boost....

Cascade
12-16-2010, 01:15 AM
35-40 is AO1 why don't you lvl up there?

crysta!
12-16-2010, 01:22 AM
I dunno, I do not want to see any level under 40, but after that, well hell, since the update its all like 5/armor points apart, and 20/damage. Makes me sad, but really if there experienced enough and you have ample 50, who cares?

Fyrce
12-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Um, 39? GO to Ao1 please. Why be so ambitious as to be in AO3? AO3 groups want all members DPSing. Don't forget that some of them don't even like low gear level 50s or level 49s or level 48s. And you are...

That would mean you are too low level.

If you are so tired of the abuse, start your own game and invite your friends. Maybe it's time you found out...

screamer
12-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I understand your concern.
i see this more while running the toy man in the factory. It is completey unnecessary to boot someone that can practically solo him, but 50's do it all the time. It's pretty damn obnoxious.

I usually keep track of the peeps that are friendly to me in game. So when I hit 50 in like another week, I will know who to group with and who to blow off. Karma... It's a b.

Ptoast
12-16-2010, 08:27 AM
I was getting booted constantly last night from Crush The Keeper and Captive Audience maps and I was level 48/49. It seems like the frigging cyber quests have turned level 50's into boot happy, elitist d-bags. I can under stand if they needed a friend to join but if it was because I wasn't level 50 come on, really?!? I would be happier if someone asked me to leave than getting booted with the reason: lol no. I know this was one of those rare nights so I'm not going to dwell on it.

Riccits
12-16-2010, 08:41 AM
when i tried to find the shadow in crush, i joined lvling ppl, not 50 (46-49). mynas spawned.. we killed him but it took 3x as long as normal... :-/ same with keeper... it took an eternety to kill..
i just feel a difference if ppl wearing endgame sets or junks while playing VL..

most to has to say if ppl use theyr skills well.. i often see full mana bars while fighting.. mine is always empty... lol

RedRyder
12-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Stop bashing us 50's. If you have an issue with our playing methods, then by all means create your own game. We go into ao3 with 50's for a reason, we don't need to be babysitting you guys just because you want to level in the wrong order. My little brother plays and I made sure he leveled up in the appropriate areas.

If you do it that way you'll learn how to actually play. Nothing worse than a bear, bird, or Mage that can't even combo or play their role. I personally don't get boot happy. I ask politely for whoever to leave. If they don't listen they get a boot.

Once again MAKE YOUR OWN GAMES. and if you're 49 getting booted from crush the keeper or captive audience, we have quests to complete, we don't need extra weight. We payed for this content so we can play how we please, hence why we HOST OUR game. Make your own level of CtK or CA and stop making threads or complaining on them

Alterra
12-16-2010, 08:55 AM
I dont boot off keep runs (map2 ao3) but anywhere else in oa3 ill tell a 39 ur too low & ill boot if u ignore me. Sry but its just the way it is. I have limited time to play this game and im not going to waste time try'n to run a grp of low lvls through ao3 maps. Dont get me wrong ive killed OL with 47s - 49s b4, it just takes alot longer to clear and kill boss.
My point is, at least get close to 50 if u want to run with 50s.

KingFu
12-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Don't try and power level. If you're trying to level in ao3 you're in the wrong place. You think you're pulling your weight, but you don't have much weight you can pull. I can understand why you're being booted, you're too low for the campaign. Most people playing keeper are trying to do the quests. You should be in ao2. Don't try and take on ao3 when you're not ready.

lordme
12-16-2010, 09:09 AM
I have a bear, bird and enchantess, at the same when I was running leveling, I do not join games way above my level, and I do have a team but I refused to have them power level for me. At 39 I was running in public game in alien oasis one and upon reaching 40 then I switched to ao2. You are 39 and pardon me, I'm not looking down on lower level but do you have the right equipment? Most of the time in ao3 we are spamming skills, if you do not have the right equipment, can you pot? Even 50s with the top equipments also need to pot like mad. In our games my host did booted 50s for just standing round doing normal slash just to save mana. It's just not fair to the rest of the party. I hope you understand this. Even at your level, you can get good gains at ao2

Arterra
12-16-2010, 09:11 AM
When with a group with No bird I ask if they mind me swapping to lv49 str bird. They all say don't lol

Ellyidol
12-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Sorry, but I boot anyone below 45 in Ao3. Its just not suited for you, its nothing personal or against your game ability.

Superzarop
12-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Have a heart guys ;) when i have a few low levels in my ctk game i find that the quest guy appears more often. At 39 he just need a couple runs ro get to 40 and become a legit crush the keeper player.

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Ugh so tired of everyone complaining about lvl 50s being so mean. Wait till you're lvl 50 and have put in all the work to get where you are and you just want to be able to play the game with other players who can pull the same weight as you.

That's all, I've said enough on this assinine topic.

Edit: Maybe the devs should force people to buy ao1 & ao2 before they could buy ao3? I'm wondering if these kinds of threads are coming from people who just don't want to buy the earlier maps. If so, it doesn't seem fair to those who did buy them all and leveled the right way.

Superzarop
12-16-2010, 10:31 AM
The new fashion is bash the booter bashers now? Just a month ago all pro wannabes were saying "remove the boot function and create your game".

relayer
12-16-2010, 11:12 AM
And this is why id love to see min level required to join option on maps!

KingFu
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
You're*

Also, relayer, rumor is that's being added

Bigsleazy
12-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Large chance that was me booting :/

Sorry, but I have no patience anymore for dragging low levels around while trying to explain how to kill bosses/not get agro. Sometimes you have to work for it

MrGump
12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Okay so I did not mean for this thread to become a war. It has become one so let me clear things up

I do not boost. I didn't buy ao3 just to level. I bought every campaign in order, did every quest, and I now has around 3500 kills.

The point I was trying to make was regardless of my level, i would appreciate someone asking me to leave rather than booting me and then throwing in a lifeless flame.

Now as for the other part, after reading all the comments it seems that boosting has been a problem for along time and you 50's are tired of it. And I understand that, but that gives you no right to think your better than everyone else. It's a game. Chill.

Anyways, thank you for the explanations. I will be playing Ao 1 & 2 till around 45.

/close if you can

RedRyder
12-16-2010, 01:29 PM
And this is why id love to see min level required to join option on maps!

They had it before in the beginning but took it off. They wouldn't make money as fast that way

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 01:32 PM
They had it before in the beginning but took it off. They wouldn't make money as fast that way

I would think the opposite. It would force people to buy all maps, rather than just later ones and then leech onto high lvl players.

Ladylove
12-16-2010, 01:49 PM
I try to play as nicely as possible. I only ever boot if someone wont leave when I request it nicely (gotta let friends in) or if that person is being obnoxious. Honestly, I really dont care if a level 5 joins my game in ao3 or anything else as long as everyone who I want to be there is there. I just let them stay and mind their own business. A lot of the time I'll even just pop into low level games for fun and wipe out the map and just gift the appropriate drops to the lower level players.

Cuteeyes
12-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I try to play as nicely as possible. I only ever boot if someone wont leave when I request it nicely (gotta let friends in) or if that person is being obnoxious. Honestly, I really dont care if a level 5 joins my game in ao3 or anything else as long as everyone who I want to be there is there. I just let them stay and mind their own business. A lot of the time I'll even just pop into low level games for fun and wipe out the map and just gift the appropriate drops to the lower level players.

Nice , but not possible all the time :/

Ladylove
12-16-2010, 02:04 PM
true, true

Cuteeyes
12-16-2010, 02:07 PM
yes , yes

screamer
12-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Ugh so tired of everyone complaining about lvl 50s being so mean. Wait till you're lvl 50 and have put in all the work to get where you are and you just want to be able to play the game with other players who can pull the same weight as you

It just seems like a level 50 would rather waste someone else's time by NOT creating their own game in the first place. Is it that 50's are just lazy? Or that they don't have much success in inviting friends when you do this? Seriously. I do not know the answer to this yet.

And still no 50 has answered me when I mentioned the Toy Man Factory boots. "No" or "Sorry". Is it that a lower level can't handle it? I am level 36 right now and have killed him about 40 times so far in various groups.

Maybe they should allow the option to allow people to make their own games and set a minimum and maximum allowed level of each player. When you create an instance, have min and max level boxes(Like the auction house.) and a password option if you want it.

This sounds like a win/win for everyone.

I have also seen lowbies getting pissed when farmers rip through their hidden grate quests also.

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 02:21 PM
It just seems like a level 50 would rather waste someone else's time by NOT creating their own game in the first place. Is it that 50's are just lazy? Or that they don't have much success in inviting friends when you do this? Seriously. I do not know the answer to this yet.

Not sure what you're saying here. I only host my own games. My friends are even used to waiting for me to remake, bc I prefer to be the host. But that still doesn't give people the right to complain about being booted when they're not in the right map for their level.
And the booting complaints are annoying altogether bc again, create your own game if you don't like being booted. I don't get booted bc I only host my own games or join a friend's (and then, only when invited!).

I think the best asset to the game would be an option to lock games to anyone who hasn't been invited. Would cut down on boots altogether. And then you wouldn't had to worry about your friends joining you who have a kajillikn people on heir lists. It would also make sure that if you have more than enough of one class in your team, more of them can't join without being invited.

If you dont have friends, host your own game and wait for people to join. But people would rather join random games and complain about getting booted.

Ladylove
12-16-2010, 02:23 PM
something that we really need: MORE EFFECTIVE LOCKS ON PVP GAMES. its impossible to get through a 1v1 match with half my friend list joining!

Fyrce
12-16-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't even get why people complain about booting. You can create your own game. So create your own game.

Ok, raise your hand if you have a problem being booted from a game you created. ... ... Anyone? Come on. Someone complain about a game they created... I'm listening...

And if you do not usually create your own games, please do so. You'll find you like it. That does not mean you have to do it every time, but please do it once in awhile. How about this? The next time you get booted twice. And you're not feeling good. In fact, you think you might be angry. That next time, create your own game. Invite some friends. You'll find yourself happy again.

Or the next time you log on, how about instead of jumping to random games, check your friends list, see where your friends are. If any of them is doing something interesting, try joining them or PM them about joining. How about that?

Anyways, next time you start to feel angry about booting, start your own game. See then if you still feel angry about booting. Start your own game and watch people join who run off in random directions. Hell, maybe rush your boss while you're clearing the dungeon. See then if you still want the BOOT button to disappear.

Superzarop
12-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow this is amazing.
A month ago, everyone pretending to be cool said "if you dont want random people to join your games, create your own locked game instead of booting".

And what do i see now, "if you dont likw getting booted, create your own frigging game!".

Whats next, maybe "stop complaining about leechers, we already got level 50s and are soo pro so if you got problema go create locked game"?

Pharcyde
12-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Ok, raise your hand if you have a problem being booted from a game you created. ... ... Anyone? Come on. Someone complain about a game they created... I'm listening...

I was booted from my own game.... By lag! :P.

Anyways I find boots funny. When I get on my noob and join games I get booted for the funniest reasons. Like "Wowww gtfo" or "f***ing leech". Or best yet "Screw your life". But on my lvl 50 boots are like non existent. The only time I get booted on my 50 is if I join a nearly full ao3 game and the host politely asks me to leave because hes holding spot or he boots with reason "Sorry holding spot".

Just get to lvl 50 if your really so sick about being booted.

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I'll link to my posts on this other bread bc I think they're relevant and I don't want to repost them:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?14886-Old-Player-Egos-Tired-of-hearing-about-it

Lemindrea
12-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I still get booted at lvl 50 with my hobo gear (hobos cannot afford cosmos, hobos have not much luck with cosmos drops either ... just rifts and voids).

I have to say that I burn through much more pots when the group is lower level or less experienced (example, being chivalrous and allow keeper to have his shield up before hitting him with all you got).

I'll create my own game if I get booted a little too often (which hurts sometimes :p).

I've encountered level 2, level 27 joining us in AO3. Lvl 27 want us to pay him to leave!!

Bottom line is... a lot of hilarious stuff happens (bears/birds screaming "Mage heal!", Lvl 30s ordering "Rev!" in ctk, players begging for pinks or gold in townes), create your own game if you don't like it or find your own group of friends to play .

Ayrilana
12-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Here's my take on this:

If you're below 40, you have no reason to be there (AO3). A lot of people farm and are not looking to waste a spot that a productive player could take. It's very annoying having to rez people after every wave. I remember doing Plasma Pyramid the other day that had a level 33 mage. I was having to rez them at every single boss room. If the host doesn't want you, then they have every right to boot you. They want to have fun playing this game too and that probably doesn't include boosting people.

Maybe allow people to set level restrictions for maps would be helpful. Make it an option like setting the password. For those searching games, have a check box checked by default to show only playable games. This would reduce the clutter of seeing games that they can't play in. If someone wants to take this to the suggestion forum and reword it or whatever; feel free.

SuicideKings
12-16-2010, 10:00 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1375.snc4/164718_182754225075520_100000228315630_721330_7824 673_n.jpg

You Mad...lol I feel ya man...pvp games I get booted in an instant