PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Defenders.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Inching
12-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Just got this and seems complicated!!!!!!!! I got to lvl 3 using Mage and just dinking around trying out all the characters before settling on one which I am leaning towards the Mage.....again

I really hate how the screen turns direction with that little circle thingy.

Anyway add me....... Give me a day or so to build up my dude and let's play..... Also called inching btw. Most have added me into game center but if not feel free.

IGN: Inching

Game center: Inching

Arterra
12-30-2010, 09:09 PM
I'll stop adding people and wait for the gamecenter alternative to have non-awful multiplayer.

anyway... i suggest everyone tries out throne room instead of ogre crush now... ogre crush is a good way to start off i guess, but i literally just got a $#!%load of pristines of a hard level TR. most where amazing and epic, but i got a godly pair of mitts at 49k value. that makes a total of 2 godless items! (i have a godly pristine helm... but since it is 39k i dont count it as godless, only heartless)

next step insane throne room. that will be a little damn harder, since my strategy was to set up defenses with mage and then sit on top crystal with machine gun huntress and pick off stragglers...

Lesrider
12-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Lots of people doing insane throne room. Find a team. I'll invite you next time I end up with one. But many use skype to communicate, so you should have it ready.

BolloBear
12-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Just choose all 4, super easy to level, I took my huntress from 1-60 in 1 day, mage is now 35. Anyone down for some ttr? I a good bow.

Arterra
12-30-2010, 09:27 PM
i think they have difficulty of classes wrong... knight should be done after mage considering how meelee is pretty hard at first. i do agree though that monk is darn hardest (comparably)

Lesrider
12-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Yeah I think Mage is easiest. It's super easy to level other characters using Mage towers.

BolloBear
12-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Add me ; ) and mage is easy, but I need some people to do orge crush with as more people seems ot give more xp ; ) whats average damage for mage staff?
Also wanna get better item on ttr.

Lesrider
12-30-2010, 11:27 PM
The DD forums are starting to piss me off.

Cascade
12-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Why? Ten chars

Lesrider
12-30-2010, 11:29 PM
All these idiots wanting trendy to wipe all our chars. If they listen, I quit. Not starting over from scratch.

MoarPewPew
12-30-2010, 11:30 PM
PewPew1105

Add me please!!! Via gamecenter

Cascade
12-30-2010, 11:31 PM
? Which thread talks about wiping our chars?...Why would they do that?

Lesrider
12-30-2010, 11:33 PM
The one about the confirmed changes. No devs have said anything about a wipe, but they're not denying it either. So people keep asking, and I have to keep arguing so they don't think everyone wants it.

maneut
12-31-2010, 03:17 AM
The one about the confirmed changes. No devs have said anything about a wipe, but they're not denying it either. So people keep asking, and I have to keep arguing so they don't think everyone wants it.

Got new reply for Devs at DD...

Originally Posted by JeremyStieglitz
I can confirm we will -not- be wiping save data in the updates ahead, but we have raised the caps on everything (which requires playing in the new version) and making some extremely challenging (free) new content going forward to ensure that players who've gained uber-equipment via the iPhone 1.0 farming methods still have serious new gameplay goals making it worthwhile to further build their characters and equipment in the updated version.

And don't worry about items that are selling for like $18m mana in the current version -- those same items (which aren't even at the maximum level in the new version) will sell for much less when imported into the new version

-Jer

Torrentula81
12-31-2010, 05:15 AM
I would be ok with a wipe considering I have a droid :) if I had an iphone I might be singing a different tune. I do think it would be nice to look at everyones stats and now they are all legit. Anyway the reward is fun while playing and this game delivers. Been playing for a few days and am only at 22. It shouldnt be allowed to lvl max in one day. So if they wipe wich they aren't, I would be ok with starting over.

Since theres no pvp involved at least the cheaters don't impact the rest of us at all and that is a huge win for me. And im not going to play online to sit there for 2 mins or whatever between waves. I was disapointed in the online play big time.

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Torrent, the multiplayer isn't improved with on the droid? What's wrong with it? I was under the impression that Gamespy was supposed to make it better.

Arterra
12-31-2010, 09:07 AM
All these idiots wanting trendy to wipe all our chars. If they listen, I quit. Not starting over from scratch.

well i may have to restart anyway. i cant sync with my itunes, so have to try someone elses. that includes losing all the data on itouch. PL is saved online, but this... >.<

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Yeah I think they took the cheaper option by not using servers. Strange choice. I hope people don't start hacking.

Arterra
12-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah I think they took the cheaper option by not using servers. Strange choice. I hope people don't start hacking.

believe me, if i end up losing all my chars, i will get them back ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Lol you gonna pay them a visit with your friend Mr. Crowbar?

Arterra
12-31-2010, 09:24 AM
first i will have to make a risky deal with mr JBreak... we used to be pals, but recently i have left his town

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 09:26 AM
What's wrong with your iTunes anyway?

Arterra
12-31-2010, 09:30 AM
What's wrong with your iTunes anyway?

the truth is that i f*^$& it up bad. i was looking around for how to stupidly overcharge my itouch (make it faster, better, longer battery) and tried out a external patch, download and launch on computer while it is connected. needless to say it messed up my entire ipod and itunes. i had to restore on other computer, and since then i have been unable to sync with this one, losing all the apps i have acquired since i was jb'd (even legit bought ones)
though i find that moving the app files to this other conmputer lets them work again, so it is purely my itunes.

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Yikes that sucks.

jjjjaaaakkkke
12-31-2010, 10:40 AM
this tutorial is annoying as hell

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 10:51 AM
this tutorial is annoying as hell

Yes, it is. Bu once you get past it, the game is great.

Arterra
12-31-2010, 10:57 AM
i think i have decided to risk a restart to sync itouch.

if i invite you to my tavern, you are being asked to save my most precious items.
(dont invite me till then, having problems)

Arterra
12-31-2010, 11:02 AM
disagree.
nothing else to say

Arterra
12-31-2010, 11:13 AM
its official. looking for people to save gear for me right now. thing is, can only do it right now or never... shoot.

BolloBear
12-31-2010, 11:19 AM
I love it, pure fun, yo' ; ) But anyways great game. Mage will 60 today then I will do squire is monk worth it?
I think I built em all wrong so ima have to remake mage and hunt.

Arterra
12-31-2010, 11:50 AM
well for some reason cant transfer DD onto the other pc from itouch, so using two devices using DD to transfer items is no-go. still need outside assistance.

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 11:54 AM
well for some reason cant transfer DD onto the other pc from itouch, so using two devices using DD to transfer items is no-go. still need outside assistance.

Doesn't Apple lock your iPod/iPhone to one PC so you can't transfer bought songs/apps to other people's pcs?

As for transferring items, it will be difficult with this game. No secure trade. I have my own tavern locked and have no plans to unlock it, since someone already took all my stuff once. Also, who has room for your stuff? I don't even have room for my own.

Arterra
12-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Doesn't Apple lock your iPod/iPhone to one PC so you can't transfer bought songs/apps to other people's pcs?

As for transferring items, it will be difficult with this game. No secure trade. I have my own tavern locked and have no plans to unlock it, since someone already took all my stuff once. Also, who has room for your stuff? I don't even have room for my own.

did it. just dropped it on top of forge in someone's (trusted) tavern, synced device, and went back to his tavern to pick stuff up.
no biggie xD
also apparently... i did not lose any of my chars... >.< so much effort for nothing

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Arterra, I'm curious -- was his tavern locked? I was wondering if it's possible for someone else to drop their items into someone else's locked tavern and come back for them later.

Herro
12-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Whats goin on? The usual ipod updates dont take this long...I saw dungeon defenders on sale 2.99 and rushed to get it. And like everyone else, 4.2 had to be updated. Downloading...says 25 min...why?!

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Lol my iPhone update took an entire day. 600+ mb and every time it got close to the end, it got an error and I had to start over.

Cascade
12-31-2010, 03:12 PM
My huntress guide got a sticky! Yay

BolloBear
12-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Nice cascade ; ) Nice guide by the way.

Lesrider
12-31-2010, 09:11 PM
I posted a couple of monk weapons I'm giving away. Check the DD forum. If you want one, let me know.

giayuan
12-31-2010, 10:37 PM
LESRIDER!!! give me plz! imma nooby in the game, started today, and im a...mage? i think thats what its called
add me: ACerealH

maneut
01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Ok.. I found where the eagle like weapon for huntress drop... It's the reward from unlikely allies :) Gonna farm till I find a good one for my huntress hehe.. :)

Lesrider
01-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Just saw that on the DD forum. I want one, too. Are you on iOS, manuet?

maneut
01-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Just saw that on the DD forum. I want one, too. Are you on iOS, manuet?

Yep using a iphone 3gs :)

maneut
01-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Its easy to solo, even insane :) just use a monk with enrage aura to get mobs to kill each other and hero boost occasionally to keep the orge alive :)

Lesrider
01-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Wait hero boost works on the ogre???
I was doing it with Beard and we kept losing on the last wave. Both huntresses. I'll try monk then while he's huntress.

Thanks for the tip!

Lesrider
01-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Those dang kobolds got us every time!! They take out like 1000+ Hp from the ogre each hit!!!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
01-01-2011, 01:33 PM
What the heck, my level 15 squire got to wave 16 on the deeper well survival (easy mode) by itself....and everyone says that sucks. I'm playing on a frikin iPad and idk what this 2k damage is or anything??!!?!

MaybeArterra
01-01-2011, 01:46 PM
easy mode... is easy... i got to 18 on medium by setting up defenses, and going to sleep. every time i woke up, i would press the crystal. getting to 20 for the achievement is not hard, just.... long...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
01-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Can someone give me good gear please...?

BolloBear
01-01-2011, 04:02 PM
K : ) 60,60,60 hunt,mage,squire, rebuilding at least mage and squire tonight.

Lesrider
01-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Beard and I finally beat insane Unlikely Allies without getting disconnected. I used monk and stuck close to the ogre so incould heal him. Good to see a use for monks -- was ready to abandon mine!

Here's the thing -- that Phoenix bow looks awesome, but seems to have crappy stats compared to other weapons. Is it worth farming the level for a better one or just keep it as a vanity item? Lol

I want to do insane throne room before the update. I hear it has the best loot.

Prest87
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Beard and I finally beat insane Unlikely Allies without getting disconnected. I used monk and stuck close to the ogre so incould heal him. Good to see a use for monks -- was ready to abandon mine!

Here's the thing -- that Phoenix bow looks awesome, but seems to have crappy stats compared to other weapons. Is it worth farming the level for a better one or just keep it as a vanity item? Lol

I want to do insane throne room before the update. I hear it has the best loot.

I also need to farm throne room...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
01-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I need gear :(

Prest87
01-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I need gear :(

Just do ogre crush on hard or insane.

Lesrider
01-01-2011, 05:33 PM
LL, if you hadn't acted the way you did to ke in the past, I'd be more likely to help you out.

Btw, anyone using droid? Sounds like the monk's ability to heal the ogre might have been a glitch that they fixed in droid and 1.1. Looking for someone to confirm, though.

Prest87
01-01-2011, 05:42 PM
LL, if you hadn't acted the way you did to ke in the past, I'd be more likely to help you out.

Btw, anyone using droid? Sounds like the monk's ability to heal the ogre might have been a glitch that they fixed in droid and 1.1. Looking for someone to confirm, though.

Wait on insane does the ogre have more life?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
01-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Wait on insane does the ogre have more life?

He has four times as much. I think it was 15000 or around that much

And Les, don't judge me.

maneut
01-01-2011, 07:58 PM
On insane solo the orge have 4702 hp

LIGHTNINGLORD67
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
On insane solo the orge have 4702 hp

Lol, I just played hard mode and it had 8k HP, I think the insane ogre will have WAY MORE xD

BolloBear
01-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Insane ogre solo = around 25-32k (i forgot) hp. Not hard though as they come slowly, once you figure out the pattern it is easy, I purely leveled there from 1-60, very fast.
Insane ogre with 2 = around 38k or so, 3 and four is like 50k-65k.

maneut
01-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Lol, I just played hard mode and it had 8k HP, I think the insane ogre will have WAY MORE xD

Oops, you meant the orge you are guarding or the orge you are killing? I didn't notice the only orge we need to kill since I always kill him :)

BolloBear
01-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Eh its 20k solo.

CZYjoeDAVOLA
01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm ganna stick with PL the only thing that looks Cool is voice chat I wish that was in pl

Lesrider
01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
We were talking about the Ogre you have to protect in Unlikely Allies, NOT ogre crush.

Barbamitsos
01-02-2011, 02:19 PM
guys im noob at dungeon defenders !!!!add me at gaem center my name is kab4ros

giayuan
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Add my game center! ACerealH
Lvl14 "mage" one godly staff lvl 1 ;)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
01-02-2011, 05:31 PM
add my game center! Acerealh
lvl14 "mage" one godly staff lvl 1 ;)

i'll add you :d

BolloBear
01-02-2011, 06:49 PM
We were talking about the Ogre you have to protect in Unlikely Allies, NOT ogre crush.

Makes sense, I was wondering how you could be so off, anyways I beat that on hard, but never insane lol.

maneut
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Blah... help!! my game cant start anymore :( It's stuck on the splash screen after game center login... anyone any solution? I tried closing ALL the apps in the background, restarted my 3gs twice...

If I delete and re-install, will the data be *gone* :(?

Inching
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Blah... help!! my game cant start anymore :( It's stuck on the splash screen after game center login... anyone any solution? I tried closing ALL the apps in the background, restarted my 3gs twice...

If I delete and re-install, will the data be *gone* :(?

im pretty sure ur data will be gone... my guess

maneut
01-02-2011, 09:40 PM
guys im noob at dungeon defenders !!!!add me at gaem center my name is kab4ros

btw, hi mrsbanana! welcome to the dark side.. hehe..

maneut
01-02-2011, 09:41 PM
im pretty sure ur data will be gone... my guess

very tempted to re-install and restore from backup or just wait for patch and not play for the next few days :( ARGH!!!!!!

Lesrider
01-02-2011, 09:46 PM
If you backed it up, restore it from there, I guess.

Manuet, my Phoenix bow has 300 range damage but does 633 per hit! I want to farm that lvl for even better ones. Let me know ifyou wanna join me once you fix your game.

maneut
01-02-2011, 09:49 PM
If you backed it up, restore it from there, I guess.

Manuet, my Phoenix bow has 300 range damage but does 633 per hit! I want to farm that lvl for even better ones. Let me know ifyou wanna join me once you fix your game.

Cool.. mine has hmm 700+? if only I can get it back... :(

maneut
01-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh boy... this sucks big time now... even after delete and restore it still get stuck at the splash screen... ARGH!!!!

maneut
01-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Looks like I'm screwed... even my backup is corrupted :(

Sigh, time to completely re-install and start from Zero.. Lets hope I can get 4 chars to lvl 60 before the patch.. *Ouch*

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 12:59 AM
I just posted this on the DD forum and would like some input from you guys. If the game doesn't change, I may just give up on mmos altogether for now. Probably best anyway, since my eyes are so f***Ed up from my iPhone. Anyway, this was a result of some failed games with Beard, even though we've played well together and were both giving it our all.

Ok I know there are those of you who will argue with me and say the game is too easy (*cough Fayde cough*). But I just tried No Towers Allowed with a friend. We tried twice on Insane and then once on Hard. Failed all three times.
Now here's what's making me consider already quitting this game. Besides one game of Unlikely Allies that we completed (took long, too), that is all we did in the last three hours of playing. That is ****ed up.

No Towers Allowed, on hard, for two people, has 7 waves -- the last three are like 134, 186, 204. And 2 kobolds that make it near your crystal end the game. We were on the last wave and we just kept getting kobold after kobold after kobold.

And the funny thing is I bet they made it even harder in 1.1.

I'm sorry, but this game is too time-consuming. Why does a game/challenge need to be so long if we're playing a mobile game?

Anyone else feel this way? I really enjoy the game, and have been telling everyone about it. But I don't think I can give it as much time as it demands in a sitting.

Feel free to argue, I know some people will. But I'm curious if others agree with me.

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Just occurred to me -- why not an option when you lose, to Restart the last wave you were on? It's just so freaking annoying to Restart the entire game when you made it to the last wave. It makes the game more of a chore.

maneut
01-03-2011, 01:09 AM
I just posted this on the DD forum and would like some input from you guys. If the game doesn't change, I may just give up on mmos altogether for now. Probably best anyway, since my eyes are so f***Ed up from my iPhone. Anyway, this was a result of some failed games with Beard, even though we've played well together and were both giving it our all.

Ok I know there are those of you who will argue with me and say the game is too easy (*cough Fayde cough*). But I just tried No Towers Allowed with a friend. We tried twice on Insane and then once on Hard. Failed all three times.
Now here's what's making me consider already quitting this game. Besides one game of Unlikely Allies that we completed (took long, too), that is all we did in the last three hours of playing. That is ****ed up.

No Towers Allowed, on hard, for two people, has 7 waves -- the last three are like 134, 186, 204. And 2 kobolds that make it near your crystal end the game. We were on the last wave and we just kept getting kobold after kobold after kobold.

And the funny thing is I bet they made it even harder in 1.1.

I'm sorry, but this game is too time-consuming. Why does a game/challenge need to be so long if we're playing a mobile game?

Anyone else feel this way? I really enjoy the game, and have been telling everyone about it. But I don't think I can give it as much time as it demands in a sitting.

Feel free to argue, I know some people will. But I'm curious if others agree with me.

I can only say that most of the challenges are not meant to be soloed... I can only solo orge(insane), allies(insane), and chicken (hard).. the rest.. I have yet to figure out how to solo.. But looking at the leader board, all of the challenges have scores, meaning somewhere in the world someone actually managed to beat it :)

So, it's do-able. Hopefully with the 1.1 patch, with a more stable multi-player platform it'll be fun.

Currently, you can't feel worst then me, I got a corrupted game and looking forward only to re-starting this game from scratch. But on the bright side, I can build a better set of chars since I pretty much kinda know what I want from them now... I think :p

Don't give up because it feels hard, find a way to beat it... Just as PL was once "hard" we always find a way to beat it :) which makes beating it all the more fun! Now if only I can find time and heart to level myself from Zero to 60 x 4 in 1 day... lol doubt so

Inching
01-03-2011, 01:12 AM
ok my noob questions as i dont spend as much time on DD as i do PL.... well maybe

1) how do u sell gear?

2) how to go back to the tavern from the dungeon maps?

3) how do u upgrade gear?

4) Im lvl 7 mage... should i just play the hard maps and hope to get drops? I'd prob get killed but at least I will have a chance to get better loot.... what u think? I curreently play on easy.

.... this game seems a bit slow to me.. building towers and waiting for the bad guys to come near.. the game play is slowere then normal tower defence.... does this bother anyone?

thanks

Militaryman
01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
I just downloaded the game because all of the positive reviews I have seen. Now I have to say, this game is reeeeeeeally boring. My camera controls are messed up, the buttons are unresponsive 75% of the time, and I cant control the character to the extent of my abilities. Sorry guys, not up to my expectations.

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Manuet, it's not so much the difficulty that's annoying me as how time-consuming it is. I spent three hours with Beard and we only completed one game. You shouldn't have to start from wave 1 if you lost when on the last wave. There should be a way to go back a wave or 2 and try over from there.

I don't think I have the time to devote to this game now that I've explored more of it.

And without a server, any changes made will take like 2-4 weeks to get to us. So even if they decide to add that option, it'll be quite some time before it goes into effect.

maneut
01-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Manuet, it's not so much the difficulty that's annoying me as how time-consuming it is. I spent three hours with Beard and we only completed one game. You shouldn't have to start from wave 1 if you lost when on the last wave. There should be a way to go back a wave or 2 and try over from there.

I don't think I have the time to devote to this game now that I've explored more of it.

And without a server, any changes made will take like 2-4 weeks to get to us. So even if they decide to add that option, it'll be quite some time before it goes into effect.

I'm pretty sure it took me about 30mins to complete 1 round of allies.. ya come to think of it, it's pretty time consuming... O well.. I'm still stuck at lvl 0 now :(

maneut
01-03-2011, 01:28 AM
I just downloaded the game because all of the positive reviews I have seen. Now I have to say, this game is reeeeeeeally boring. My camera controls are messed up, the buttons are unresponsive 75% of the time, and I cant control the character to the extent of my abilities. Sorry guys, not up to my expectations.

It takes a bit of getting use to... I almost gave up on my first try... put it down and challenge myself to play again... it's really quite addictive... I haven't played a game till 5am for a long time :P (DD did that to me on the 2nd night and screw up my work schedule.. ouch)

maneut
01-03-2011, 01:31 AM
ok my noob questions as i dont spend as much time on DD as i do PL.... well maybe

1) how do u sell gear?

2) how to go back to the tavern from the dungeon maps?

3) how do u upgrade gear?

4) Im lvl 7 mage... should i just play the hard maps and hope to get drops? I'd prob get killed but at least I will have a chance to get better loot.... what u think? I curreently play on easy.

.... this game seems a bit slow to me.. building towers and waiting for the bad guys to come near.. the game play is slowere then normal tower defence.... does this bother anyone?

thanks

1. You can sell them for mana at your forge in your tavern or after victory in any game at the forge.

2. the "Pause" button on the left side of the map will give you an option to end the game and return to your tavern

3. at the forge in your tavern, you can inspect your char and upgrade the gear :)

4. Play at hard if easy is way too easy :) more exp, better loot, more fun! if you can take it, play at insane. My huntress, bless her :( when she was still alive started soloing orges at lvl 14...

Inching
01-03-2011, 01:32 AM
exactly what i said... slowwwwwwwwwwww game play... its not for MMO guys like us... i think its for pure hard core tower defence guys which im not... not anymore that is after PL....

sigh... PL I have to say still rules out of all my games... i thought that DD might destroy PL after IB failed but PL is a tough one to beat.

The only one that is a contender to PL is the MMO from "Lakoo". Its a chinese MMO which the english version is coming out this Jan as in this month...

go to app store and search "Lakoo" and check it out... I think this will be a PL destroyer.. but lets wait and see.

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Except PL kinda got screwed up in 1.5 and then with the cyber quests. I see no reason to play right now. A new map might help, but for how long? Any time the game is the slightest bit challenging, they nerf it all to hell. I really do enjoy DD and that it requires strategy, but it's got too many flaws for me right now. I may have to just wait and see what they do with it, see if they try to fix it properly. Not sure that will be possible without a server, though.

deathdealer
01-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Lakoo is actually called Empire Online in english, I was part of the beta and it's not going to beat PL. Yes, it will be a contender as there both mmo's but has a huge learning curve which will turn people away, as well it's a 2d mmo with random battles like old school final fantasy.

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Ugh turn-based rpg? Blech. I'm so over that crap.

Inching
01-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Lakoo is actually called Empire Online in english, I was part of the beta and it's not going to beat PL. Yes, it will be a contender as there both mmo's but has a huge learning curve which will turn people away, as well it's a 2d mmo with random battles like old school final fantasy.

ohhhh really....... 2D huh... i can live with 2D but the random battles might turn me off... dame i was hoping it would be a PL contender.... sigh... PL u win... logging in now -_- '''''''

Barbamitsos
01-03-2011, 02:45 AM
add me plox in gamecenter!! name kab4ros

Arterra
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM
well I'm officially bored! i dont know why, maybe since i have no wifi for multi, but yea solo reached climax for me.

Haikus
01-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Hehe, "solo" and "climax" don't work so well in a sentence in a childish persons mind......

Arterra
01-03-2011, 09:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VSrnkiWaqSQ/TMdBQsCZScI/AAAAAAAAAZI/r7M0LAXkxW0/s1600/forever+alone+face.png

Haikus
01-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Hahaha.

/char

Inching
01-03-2011, 10:12 PM
this game is so boring ... i have lost interest.... anyone have better games to suggest?

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Lol I've started ranting my frustrations all over the DD forum. I want so much to love DD, but it's getting to be too damn time-consuming with no reward for the time invested.

Wish PL would step up their game so I could come back and enjoy it again. The game just isn't the same since 1.5 :(

Inching
01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
any new maps scheduled in PL coming soon? anyone? I dont mean updates like magic mirror, etc.. i want maps, higher lvl cap, new gear, things like that?

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
If PL had an item system like DD, it would be freaking amazing and actually give people a reason to play again!

Ellyidol
01-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Hey all! I just started yesterday and been spending quite some time on it.

Idk, its not all that for me. Maybe not yet, hopefully. I still have a few things I don't get.

1. Is online THAT crucial if you wanna level or get good gear? Their online feature doesn't seem great, at all.

2. Is it bad to focus on hero only? I mean sure, I find towers useful, but I just don't like the fact that I have a hero, yet I'm just focusing on levelling my towers.

3. What's the mana bank or the saved mana for anyway? Especially when you sell all the stuff you get?

4. How do you get the godly etc loot?

Sorry, << Noob. :)

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 10:37 PM
1- You can solo as much as you want. I do more soloing bc it's a pain to connect with people. If anything, I'll spend a bit of evening time doing multiplayer with a friend or two. And Gamespy is coming with the update, which is supposed to be better for multi.

2- Mine are all hybrids. I find that between all my points from levelig and gear, I can afford to do both. But don't ignore towers -- they're incredibly useful. It's good to have a strong character, too, tho, for tines when the defenses aren't enough on their own.

3- Mana in your bank is used to upgrade items so you can add stat points to them. You invest mana into the item in the forge.

4- Ogres drop lots of godly items at the moment. This is being done away with in the update, though. I suggest unlocking Ogre Crush soon so you can take advantage of it before the update. F&F (lvl 2) on insane also has an ogre, but it's more time consuming to farm. Good place to start until you have a weapon that fan handle ogre crush, though.

Hey all! I just started yesterday and been spending quite some time on it.

Idk, its not all that for me. Maybe not yet, hopefully. I still have a few things I don't get.

1. Is online THAT crucial if you wanna level or get good gear? Their online feature doesn't seem great, at all.

2. Is it bad to focus on hero only? I mean sure, I find towers useful, but I just don't like the fact that I have a hero, yet I'm just focusing on levelling my towers.

3. What's the mana bank or the saved mana for anyway? Especially when you sell all the stuff you get?

4. How do you get the godly etc loot?

Sorry, << Noob. :)

Ellyidol
01-03-2011, 10:40 PM
1- You can solo as much as you want. I do more soloing bc it's a pain to connect with people. If anything, I'll spend a bit of evening time doing multiplayer with a friend or two. And Gamespy is coming with the update, which is supposed to be better for multi.

2- Mine are all hybrids. I find that between all my points from levelig and gear, I can afford to do both. But don't ignore towers -- they're incredibly useful. It's good to have a strong character, too, tho, for tines when the defenses aren't enough on their own.

3- Mana in your bank is used to upgrade items so you can add stat points to them. You invest mana into the item in the forge.

4- Ogres drop lots of godly items at the moment. This is being done away with in the update, though. I suggest unlocking Ogre Crush soon so you can take advantage of it before the update. F&F (lvl 2) on insane also has an ogre, but it's more time consuming to farm. Good place to start until you have a weapon that fan handle ogre crush, though.

Thanks!

How fast levelling or such is considered fast? I mean I joined a level 50+ game earlier, it was probably on intense and I was just jumping around, I think I gained like 10k exp (as a level 3) and it jumped to level 8. A bulk of that came from like the bonus exp at the end though. I'm pretty sure this is considered power leveling?

But okay, I'll definitely unlock my maps first, thanks :)

Cascade
01-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Its like 2.1M xp to cap out...sounds like a lot but I can lvl a char from 0 to 60 in less than 2 hours...IF I HAVE THE RIGHT GEAR...

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 10:48 PM
The funny thing is, you don't stop gaining experience when you hit lvl 60. So unless they do something about it, when the lvl cap is raised to 70, many people will already have enough experience to be lvl 70.

maneut
01-03-2011, 11:09 PM
If PL had an item system like DD, it would be freaking amazing and actually give people a reason to play again!

Haha... I have the same thoughts! Maybe we can suggest to PL about DD's item system... so that way, that's a much better reason to play :)!

Ellyidol
01-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Haha... I have the same thoughts! Maybe we can suggest to PL about DD's item system... so that way, that's a much better reason to play :)!

Care to explain what the DD item system is like? :D

What I understand now is, try to get godly stuff, then what?

Also, do the stats differ? 2 of the same weapons could have different stats?

Lesrider
01-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Yes, most items, even with the same name, have different stats. There's just so much variety. It gives you a reason to farm, because you can always find something ever so slightly better. For instance, a huntress weapon might be awesome all around but have a slow reloading time. So you can farm to find one of similar awesomeness only with faster reload.

And then you can upgrade any of the stats by investing mana into it.

It just offers so much to the game. Really gives you a reason to farm: not like PL, where everyone can get the same gear.

And what's cool is that people usually only care about the best gear they find, so they're usually pretty generous with other things they find. Once you find a better staff, you fan give your old one to a friend if it helps them.

It just WORKS. One of the few things that aren't broken in DD lol.

And I've mentioned it several times here, how PL could learn from DD. If the devs are reading, I don't need to tell them again.

People have also recommended item forging in the past, so it's not a completely new suggestion. I just think DD has done a really great job of it, and PL would benefit immensely from a similar system.

Arterra
01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
in DD, there is honestly almost no point in collecting, since you will not find the same item twice, and the best item you find will simply be the one you wear. it makes people make whole threads on giving stuff away, though i redict that with update we may see more actual mana trading due to lowered mana from selling.

Lesrider
01-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Eh, my tavern is littered with weapons and armor I'll never use. I figure I'll find newbies (or droid players after the update) to give them to.

Wushu
01-04-2011, 03:30 PM
... (or droid players after the update) to give them to.
I already have DD for my droid, just haven't found time to actually play it much.

Gaabob
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't get how to do this ogre soloing thing, I just keep dying. What am I doing wrong? Lol (using apprentice)

Angelicious
01-09-2011, 11:21 PM
it was alrite

Arterra
01-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeh. Back to PL. Was a nice 2 weeks.

Lesrider
01-10-2011, 12:05 AM
I tried, but not back in PL yet.
Not really playing DD much either.

Guess I need a new game.

Arterra
01-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Anyone tried seven swords...?

Looks good, just waiting for "server maintenance" to be over

maneut
01-10-2011, 06:27 AM
I don't get how to do this ogre soloing thing, I just keep dying. What am I doing wrong? Lol (using apprentice)

Eh.. very hard to solo with an Apprentice on Orge, unless you can build lots of barriers to keep them at bay and blast them fast with your staff :) Use a Huntress, even at lvl 12 or 14, they can solo insane mode :)

Gaabob
01-10-2011, 11:06 AM
A couple questions:

How does the voice chat work? Haven't explored it much.
How do you join someones tavern?
How do you lock a tavern?
Also how do you join a friendS game? Like how does the invite work? Only have one friend in gamecenter thing lol and idk of he has been on at all.

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Looted my first ever Godly Pristine item. Check out this awesomeness!

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/572691ff.jpg

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:07 PM
o my god and at level one...

anyway since i no longer play

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2005-2010-mustang-talk/103067d1277674662-everyone-hated-my-22s-new-wheels-die-thread-die-.jpg

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Noo don't Arterra! I dug it up to counteract some of the stupidity in off-topic. I figured this was more productive.

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:11 PM
awww ok i agree offtopic is no longer fun... just noobish

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w159/bob1519/awesome_thread.jpg

Conradin
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
awww ok i agree offtopic is no longer fun... just noobish

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w159/bob1519/awesome_thread.jpg

isnt that calven and hobs?

maneut
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
very nice loot lesrider!!... sigh, mine DD crashed the 2nd time.. stop playing, don't wanna restart from lvl 0 a 2nd time..

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Manuet, Finally's kept doing that too. He said he had a lot of items in the tavern. Like over 100. Could that have been your peoblem?

He was still able to restore from an old save point, but lost all his items I think. Did you try that?

(I should go sync my phone now so I don't lose this awesomeness).

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
isnt that calven and hobs?

calvin and hobbes = most awesome childhood reading memories

so yes, awesome = awesome

Lesrider
01-17-2011, 08:18 PM
calvin and hobbes = most awesome childhood reading memories

so yes, awesome = awesome

I have a few C&H books. I should go back and read them sometimes. I bet they'll be even better than they were when I was younger.

Arterra
01-17-2011, 08:20 PM
I have a few C&H books. I should go back and read them sometimes. I bet they'll be even better than they were when I was younger.

you'd be surprised. i even pick up one i got in France (completely in french lol) and i still get the jokes and crack up. they get funnier as you get older for some reason...
the art and how Bill conveys that bratty kids emotions and his super chill tiger is hilarious and great

Conradin
01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
you'd be surprised. i even pick up one i got in France (completely in french lol) and i still get the jokes and crack up. they get funnier as you get older for some reason...
the art and how Bill conveys that bratty kids emotions and his super chill tiger is hilarious and great

this was alwasy my favorite lil kid books

lorielana
01-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Lolol. Best c&h quote: "the most believable proof of intelligent life in other parts of the universe is that they havent contacted us"

Btw. Tryin out dd now, i dont understand a #$&@ if someone is willing to help me add questlove4ever on GC

maneut
01-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Manuet, Finally's kept doing that too. He said he had a lot of items in the tavern. Like over 100. Could that have been your peoblem?

He was still able to restore from an old save point, but lost all his items I think. Did you try that?

(I should go sync my phone now so I don't lose this awesomeness).

I tried restoring from backup, even that is corrupted... very pissed.. am not gonna play until they fix it... sigh... oh well, at least now I got time to focus on other things :p So, I guess it's a blessing in disguise... hehe

Erik_is_funny_lol
01-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Dungeon Defenders!

RedRyder
01-25-2011, 06:11 PM
I was looking for it in the app store but it wasn't there anymore :(

Lesrider
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I was looking for it in the app store but it wasn't there anymore :(

They pulled it until the next update bc there were some issues. Should be out this week, though.

RedRyder
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
They pulled it until the next update bc there were some issues. Should be out this week, though.

Do you know if it's 4.1 compatible?

Lesrider
01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Do you know if it's 4.1 compatible?

It should be because that was one of the problems they were working on.

Lesrider
01-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Just had to show off my new piece of loot.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/c544b3e6.jpg

BlasterBird
01-29-2011, 04:18 PM
DD seems extra cool, but crashes frequently on my droid 2 :(

Ah well, more pl!

Lesrider
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Blaster, the new update will hopefully fix that.

Anyway, check this out:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/00617e8e.jpg

Arterra
01-30-2011, 07:24 AM
i cant bring myself to update, or even PLAY it lol. no idea why

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 08:50 AM
i cant bring myself to update, or even PLAY it lol. no idea why

Well my file got corrupted -- so I'm forced not to play :(

regie831
01-31-2011, 03:19 PM

wow really no wonder I couldn't find it >.<

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Eh, The DD devs are evil in my eyes now.
Hours upon hours spent on that game just to have my save file corrupted.
They should not have released the game without further testing. First app/game for this to ever happen to me. Grrr.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Well, it looks like the DD devs just killed off the competition for PL. They released an update just now that over-writes the save data. Pity, I dunno how they'll save their reputation after this one.
But if anyone here still plays, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE YET.

regie831
02-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Well, it looks like the DD devs just killed off the competition for PL. They released an update just now that over-writes the save data. Pity, I dunno how they'll save their reputation after this one.
But if anyone here still plays, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE YET.

sweet thanks for the heads up.

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Lol it's up again but for 4.99 this time.... I read the reviews and all I see is composite about deleted characters.
I think I'll try it being that I never have before

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Lol it's up again but for 4.99 this time.... I read the reviews and all I see is composite about deleted characters.
I think I'll try it being that I never have before

Yeah the new customers will be happy because they added a whole lot of new content and items. But old customers will lose their data if they don't know that they're about to lose their data.

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Complaints** I'm not happy, it seems I payed $4.99 for this

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/4525063a.jpg

It crashes afterwards

Ellyidol
02-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Wow. Why are the DD devs having such a hard time? All I've seen lately about the app is crashes and bugs.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Complaints** I'm not happy, it seems I payed $4.99 for this

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/4525063a.jpg

It crashes afterwards

Join the club. Count yourself lucky that this happened before you invested time with it. I'd just sit back and wait till ALL bugs are reported fixed and the negative reviews die down. Otherwise you may end upike me, having spent like 80 hrs on the game just to lose it all.

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm pretty upset over it. I never played but the videos look so good.

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Nvm I have no actual right to be upset beside the price lol.. Sorry for your loss :( I'd probably shed a tear if this type of disaster occured with PL. Omg... Imagine??

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm pretty upset over it. I never played but the videos look so good.

It is a great game. I was completely obsessed. I dunno why they have so much trouble making s game without all these problems. And they keep adding new content and items. They seem to be stretching themselves too thin. They should focus on bugs/crashes only until everything is perfect, and THEN add new content.
Build a sound foundation, or the whole building will collapse. And that's what's happening. Over and over.

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 08:37 AM
They need to holla at STS and get some advice

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 08:45 AM
They need to holla at STS and get some advice

Believe me, I've recommended that too.
They should never have tried to have an mmo without server saves. This new version is supposed to create backups online so you don't have to restore from iTunes if something happens. But that doesn't help all the people who just got their data wiped by updating (or me with my already corrupted data).

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Omg it's working! I restarted my iPod lol. I'll try not to get attached in case it ****s up ..

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Omg it's working! I restarted my iPod lol. I'll try not to get attached in case it ****s up ..

Lol you didn't try that the first time? ;)
Enjoy!

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Ahhhh this games so cool!!!!!!!

Formora
02-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Lol you're making everyone who lost their save even more sad. But yeah I can't wait to try it out :D

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 09:17 AM
:(
I'm not touching the game, in the hopes that one day the devs will have the time to look at my corrupted file I sent them, and maybe even fix it.

Formora
02-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I was reading the forums and stopped after the first few threads. ALL of them were about the save data wipe with zero response from devs. Best they had was a forum moderator telling people not to update, like that was gonna help the majority that already updated.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 09:40 AM
I was reading the forums and stopped after the first few threads. ALL of them were about the save data wipe with zero response from devs. Best they had was a forum moderator telling people not to update, like that was gonna help the majority that already updated.

Yep, they left Finally with a bunch of angry people and didn't even give him any information to use to calm the angry mob.

Formora
02-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Poor Finally, it wasn't even his fault. I'm not complaining though because I haven't even started yet but I feel bad for those who lost everything... Must have sucked even harder knowing this game was really good aside from bugs.

maneut
02-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Blah, dunno whether to laugh or scream... Lucky I didn't restart a 3rd time after my chars got corrupted :-)

Well, guess they screw all the old and faithful players. They should at least inform everyone that a wipe is unavoidable with the new method to backup the characters...

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Blah, dunno whether to laugh or scream... Lucky I didn't restart a 3rd time after my chars got corrupted :-)

Well, guess they screw all the old and faithful players. They should at least inform everyone that a wipe is unavoidable with the new method to backup the characters...

Same here. It's both sad and funny. Just can't believe how many times they can screw up.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Omg besides making mana super-cheap to buy, someone just said that you can buy experience. It's like they're actively trying to kill the game.

Royce
02-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Gotta say I think it's downright hilarious that they decided to more than double the price right in the midst of all the turmoil and terrible reviews. I'm still on the fence about this one, and with the new price I think I'll just wait for the game to get more stable, better controls, more trustworthy dev behavior, etc. (if ever) ;)

Formora
02-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm playing it right now! Looks great, but I don't know which character to start with :(

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm playing it right now! Looks great, but I don't know which character to start with :(

I like apprentice. Good solo char and the towers can help you lvl other chars.
This game lets you self-powerlevel in a way.

Huntress is awesome, too, but I don't think it's an easy first char.

Formora
02-05-2011, 11:14 AM

Thanks les, that will be my first character. I'll probably be playing until I fall asleep (12:30 am now) so I'll see you guys tomorrow :)

Edit : Do you think the apprentice guide on the forums is decent? I have nothing else to go by.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 11:15 AM

Part of me is curious and wants to dl the update since my file is corrupted anyway. Part of me is like "screw it -- I don't wanna start over from scratch." So I've done nothing.

Formora
02-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Did you just quote yourself? Please try it again! I'd love to play with you.

Royce
02-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Part of me is curious and wants to dl the update since my file is corrupted anyway. Part of me is like "screw it -- I don't wanna start over from scratch." So I've done nothing.

Well it seems like everyone is starting over from scratch now ;)
Seriously though, if the DD devs couldn't take the time to preserve other players' characters, or at the very least warn them that they would be deleted, I think you're slightly out of your mind to think they'll take the time to look at one player's file and restore his data ;)

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Well it seems like everyone is starting over from scratch now ;)
Seriously though, if the DD devs couldn't take the time to preserve other players' characters, or at the very least warn them that they would be deleted, I think you're slightly out of your mind to think they'll take the time to look at one player's file and restore his data ;)

They did do it for one player, actually. Maybe their mistake was that they didn't keep it a secret and didn't ask him to.
So now everyone expects the same treatment. After all, it's not like he paid any more for the game than we did or spent any more time on it than we did. One player should not get special treatment over others.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Did you just quote yourself? Please try it again! I'd love to play with you.

Lol yeah I thought I was quoting you but guess I clicked on the wrong post lol.

I'm waiting, at the very least, to see what the devs say about this. I'm hesitant to invest any more time into this game. As much as I love it, it's really hard to go from having awesome gear you farmed your arse off for, to nothing. And it's not like PL where you can always loot/buy the items back. The items are all unique and random in stats. AND they made loot harder to get in 2.0, not sure about this update.

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Omg I can't put the game down! I'm level 5 with like 280 kills and zero deaths ;) :D

Formora
02-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Lol yeah I thought I was quoting you but guess I clicked on the wrong post lol.

I'm waiting, at the very least, to see what the devs say about this. I'm hesitant to invest any more time into this game. As much as I love it, it's really hard to go from having awesome gear you farmed your arse off for, to nothing. And it's not like PL where you can always loot/buy the items back. The items are all unique and random in stats. AND they made loot harder to get in 2.0, not sure about this update.

That sucks, yeah maybe you should wait. But I can already tell that I'm gonna love DD although I haven't really started yet. Made my char, saw the tutorial then came back on forums and got side tracked by 17 pages of love problems and trolling.

Omg I can't put the game down! I'm level 5 with like 280 kills and zero deaths ;) :D

Ooh they have k/d as well? Awesome. Want to multiplayer? ;)

Conradin
02-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Is this what your DD looks like right now????
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/epilist/49bcf2c1.jpg

Conradin
02-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Its all blurry

Formora
02-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Not all all conradin, mine is in HD. Try going to options and turning the last option "video upscale percentage" all the way up.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Is this what your DD looks like right now????
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/epilist/49bcf2c1.jpg

You need to adjust your settings. They made the default settings the lowest.

And there are no k/d ratios -- unless that's new in 4.2??

Conradin
02-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Thx much better- add my GC if ya wanna play.

Formora
02-05-2011, 12:03 PM
You need to adjust your settings. They made the default settings the lowest.

And there are no k/d ratios -- unless that's new in 4.2??

Idk, RR said he had 280 kills and no deaths so I assumed there was a k/d. Btw, which build would you suggest for apprentice?

Formora
02-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Thx much better- add my GC if ya wanna play.

No problem. Did you just start? I'm using gamespy :/

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Idk, RR said he had 280 kills and no deaths so I assumed there was a k/d. Btw, which build would you suggest for apprentice?

Well after you complete the last wave in a map/challenge, you can see your stats for that game by tapping on the crystal. It will list kills and deaths for that game, but it doesn't carry over to a k/d count or leaderboard. But those stats do help you get a higher score for that level on the leaderboards.
Btw, if you're using GC, add Lesrider -- and check out my placement for Deeper Well and Ogre Crush.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh and for apprentice, make sure you out points into tower damage, attack rate, and radius. Besides that, you could add to hero dmg, hero casting speed. I know they readjusted some stats in 4.2, so I can't help you much more than that. You might need to add to speed and health (some tower health is good, too). But not sure how much bc it's different now. Also, don't forget that equipment can be upgraded as well to add stat points.

You're lucky, also, that they have respecs now. Took a lot of begging for that to happen.

maneut
02-05-2011, 12:37 PM
O... where to find the respecs??

lol, guess I'll start playing again but I'm gonna take it REAL slow this time... hope there's no more wipe or God forbid.. corrupted data again :p

Conradin
02-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I am lvl 26- got pretty good gear. Just wondering- can u tell whoa online ?? People never join my games I make. It's confusing.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 01:34 PM
New update, apparently it'll erase your save...

You're late to the party. We've been discussing this already for like 5 pages :P

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Snap, missed that. :p

Think I'm just gonna quit on DD. Trendy comes off as an extremely trashy developer anyway.

Yeah at this point, if they don't fix my corrupted file, I'll probably just wait till 10.0 or so. At least. Maybe by then they'll figure out how not to be total screw-ups.

Oh, and they keep posting info on Toucharcade http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=76599&page=281
Before posting it on ther OFFICIAL forums. These guys need serious outside help bc the ship is going down fast.

chrononh
02-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I want my money back. And the hours and hours of playtime I put in this game. It really was fun... when it wasn't crashing all the time.

And good thing I read about the update fubar here before going to the app store. Updating a few weeks ago was bad enough. But an update that wipes chars? Amateurish, to say the least.

Note to self: Stay away from Trendy games.

noobmigo
02-05-2011, 02:12 PM
This game was awesome and gay at the same fugging time

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 02:16 PM
This game was awesome and gay at the same fugging time

Please don't get this thread shut down with comments like that.

spaceman
02-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Is it true jailbreak devices take up more memory and crashes more often?

Militaryman
02-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Lol new update will erase all save data!

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Les by the looks of that link it looks like everyones screwd... On that next page the dev said that they hope the new features make up for it and that the character data is completely gone

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Les by the looks of that link it looks like everyones screwd... On that next page the dev said that they hope the new features make up for it and that the character data is completely gone

Yeah I still have a tiny grain of hope that they'll fix my file lol. I just sent a pm to the dev who received it from me. Hopefully I wont just get a "Sorry no can do" response.

If I really can't get my data back, I supposed I'll just update and try out 4.2. I'm not restoring my phone bc then I lose my SO progress, and no way I'm redoing the ice dungeon lol.

Apocolypze
02-05-2011, 06:28 PM
maybe it will be better when it comes out on steam

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Tell me what to dooooooooo. I have commitment issues lol. I can't make a decision. Should I update, taking the chance that if they do fix my file, I won't be able to use it (or may have to decide between my new chars and old chars)?

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Soooo I'm tempted to dl the new update.
If I do, would you newbies like to do some multiplayer? If we get on skype, we can talk through strategies.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Ok i bit the bullet. Downloading now.
Let me know if you guys want to play tonight and give me your gc/Gs names.

Formora
02-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Yay! My gs is Formora... My gc is buggy. I logged out a while back and tried to log in the other day, made me create a new account. I could even use te same name but I never got a verification email so I can't add friends.

Thanks for the apprentice tips. I fell asleep yesterday so I couldn't reply. I'm level 4 now I think. Also in multiplayer, do we level the same way we do in singleplayer?

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 08:46 PM
My GC is Lesrider -- I don't have GS yet.
I don't know how anything will work in 4.2, sorry. It's very different from what I'm used to, and this might be a very frustrating experience for me to start from scratch with no gear and now good loot is harder to come by.

Anyrra
02-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Yay, I finally got this! But Im so confused about well...pretty much everything. lol

RedRyder
02-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Yay, I finally got this! But Im so confused about well...pretty much everything. lol

Lol you and I both. How would I be able to play with you guys? Les I have you on gc, I'm gonna add you formora :p

Formora
02-05-2011, 09:28 PM
I only have gs ATM and too lazy to figure out what's wrong with my gc. So if both of you have gs that would be great ;)

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Ok guys I think I'm done with DD.
It just took me 40 min to do one game of deeper well medium and it only got me to lvl 6. It was so painfully slow that I no longer find the game fun.
Enjoy -- I'm moving on.

Formora
02-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Dang, we haven't played together yet :/ I just got my gc too lol (nickname is Formora).

Was it much faster before? I guess I find it fun because I haven't played it yet.

Lesrider
02-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah they made it so it takes more points into hero speed to get a certain speed. So when I used to have 20 points in speed, I would move faster than I would now with 20 points in speed.

I just spoke to one of the devs and he said the experience right now is messed up. They're fixing it in 4.3, so you get more. Right now I think you only get for the monsters you kill, instead of extra xp for completing waves and getting awards.

I also mentioned my corrupted file, and sounds like there still might be a chance they'd try and fix it -- but I'd have to wait about 4 weeks to be able to get it onto my phone. I'm gonna keep on top of them about it sonthey don't think I gave up.

Also, apparently our lost heroes will be part of some game artwork. I didn't understand that part...

Formora
02-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Ah, I haven't added any points into hero speed so I don't feel any different. I don't mind leveling a little bit slower, the game is still very fun :D

Good luck! I hope the devs manage to restore your save.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 12:29 AM
When you start playing insane mode, there are timers during the build phase, so you're gonna need some hero speed and casting rate. Otherwise you won't be able to get mana in time or build/repair defenses in time.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 12:31 AM
And yeah injust did F&F medium. If I stick with My new characters, it's gonna be slow going unless I get some high lvl players to help me. But I dunno if I wanna do that. Even though I'm replacing lost chars, it feels cheap to be powerleveled.

Formora
02-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Ohh lol. I'm only on easy and it's not really that easy :p

But king got a l10 pink, so now I know they still drop and I feel like farming again lol.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Lol you just lost me. You're going back to PL to farm?

What map are you on?
I can do Some of the maps in my sleep already. Especially the ones that are good with apprentice.

Formora
02-06-2011, 12:37 AM
LOL I'm only on level 3 (Magus Quarters). I wasn't playing just now though.

Meh screw farming :D All the twinks are already in a full group anyway.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Here's a tip for apprentice, if you haven't figured it out already. Build your towers near your crystal and stand near the crystal to protect it. Don't go running around shooting things. Your towers are like an army if placed properly.
For magus quarters, make sure to start with at least one tower on each leg by the crystal. And just build out.
And don't fall into the lava -- it kills you for 10 seconds and you lose mana you were carrying.

Formora
02-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh I did build beside the crystal for the first two towers, but decided to change tactics and built further out. And yes I fell into the lave while jumping lol :p

At first I didn't know what the wyvern was going to do... Went afk for a bit thinking my towers were good enough but... The wyverns flew over them! My crystal was at 600 hp lol and i had to build a tower beside it.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM
I find apprentice towers usually are best near the crystal. I think they also said towers are supposed to be more effective in this update -- so take advantage of it. They can do most of the work for you. Your hero should basically just doncrowd control on whatever the towers need help with.

Oh and once your apprentice is lvled up somewhat, you can set up your towers on one of the maps and swap out for a low lvl char for the combat phase. self-powerleveling! (Unless they got rid of that in 4.2).

Formora
02-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Nope, I still see the swap character option in the forge. Alright thanks for the advice, let me retry this level.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Nope, I still see the swap character option in the forge. Alright thanks for the advice, let me retry this level.

They still may have lowered the amount of xp the secondary char can get from the first one's towers. But I doubt it.

Formora
02-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Hmm, maybe. But my main is only level 7 lol not ready to level others. I just finished level 3, going to level 4 after checking forum.

Formora
02-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Nevermind, if anyone wants to play with my add my gamespy Formora. I won't be using gc anymore b

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Oh my god this is excruciating. I miss my awesome gear and lvl 60 heroes.
And all my manaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Oh my god it's so hard to make mana in this version.

Formora
02-06-2011, 03:15 AM
But that was the way it was meant to be right? The previous versions were all glitches where iPhone users could get tons of mana. But now... They removed that and added 200k mana for 99 cents lmao.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Lol exactly. Now you have to buy it with real money. Ugh.
I just posted on their forum about that, actually. The mana prices are too cheap. It's too easy to buy your way to the top, as opposed to playing for it.

Formora
02-06-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm betting a lot of the new players will buy it. I've been playing for a few hours now and only got 20k, after selling everything. I also just passed level 4! Demon boss at the end was scary, he took out alot of my towers.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 03:42 AM
Yeah I think the first time I played the game, the demon boss beat me. I then came back for him later after leveling up more.
Not looking forward to him with my puny gear.

As for buying mana, I don't think they should have de it available right away. They should have it be unlockable -- like at lvl 30 or something. It's just not right that someone could spend three bucks and progress so much faster (with the help of pets, xp boosters, upgraded weapons, etc) while those of us who don't spend money have to stick to just the crap we find and can't even upgrade bc we have to save up for a pet!

Ugh this game is getting to me now.

Formora
02-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Ahaha he beat you? Noob :p

I agree with the mana thing, but I guess trendy just wants to make a quick buck. Are pets good/ worth saving up for? I see one called Tsuda lol.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 04:11 AM
Lol yeah they like naming items after themselves.

I've yet to have a pet bc I was on 1.0 when I got corrupted -- and pets were introduced in 2.0.
But I want a little dragon so badly -- they've all been out of my price range so far. The only thing I could afford was a tiger, but I didn't buy it bc he's melee -- blech. Actually, he's a liger -- has wings. If I had mana to spare, I'd buy one just to see how he looks!

Formora
02-06-2011, 04:23 AM
How much does the dragon cost? I don't remember. Got over 30k now :)

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 04:54 AM
They're all different and the pets change when you complete a mission.
I bought the tiger just now. Wasn't sure I'd see another cheap pet anytime soon and figured the 4k will come back to me.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/4818bce4.jpg

Formora
02-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Yay, I'm at level 10 too! Make a gs pleaseeee. I just completed level 6 (castle armory).

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 06:11 AM
You need to do medium. I got to lvl 11 after the laboratory bc I did everything on medium.

I'm going to bed -- it's 6am!!!!!

But I just created a gamespy account -- Lesrider. Add me bc I don't know how.

And the pets are cute, but mine's nearly useless, being that it's melee and I do range damage.

Formora
02-06-2011, 06:53 AM
You're like, 13 hours behind me lol. Okay, I'll try medium on a lower level after I finish level 7. I'm not sure how to add friends on gamespy either, I'll try after this level as well.

RedRyder
02-06-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm a level 7 Yo! Well about to be. I have as much of a chance starting up the game without a startup crash as I do looting a laser wand of the cosmos

Formora
02-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Lmao you're on level 7, I meant stage 7 :p What class? I'm a level 12 apprentice but huntress looks awesome.

Formora
02-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Dammit lol I accidentally clicked buy item, now I have a useless flying tiger :(

I'm going to try the huntress.

RedRyder
02-06-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm a Mage guy. I tried the knight thing but it well.. Sucked lol so I went for range and I liked it better with the Mage. 62 Dps Yo!!!

Formora
02-06-2011, 10:15 AM
How do you calculate dps? Do you just go to the dummy and hit him for a full sec? Mine says 78 on my level 12 apprentice and 64 on my level 4 huntress.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah use the the dummy.
For apprentice, if you have multiple shots, standing up close will give you a higher Dps -- also, it's based on how fast you can rapid-fire.

Arterra
02-06-2011, 11:38 AM
see how much damage one shot does.

[damage] x [# of shots your staff/gun shoots at once] x [# of hots per second, if nothing shows either count or assume 1 second per shot volley]

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 12:17 PM
see how much damage one shot does.

[damage] x [# of shots your staff/gun shoots at once] x [# of hots per second, if nothing shows either count or assume 1 second per shot volley]

There are now dummies that do the work for you, so that's not necessary ;)
Besides, the calculation only works on huntress weapons. For apprentice and other heroes, it depends on how fast you tap as well.

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Ok so I got dragged back in. My apprentice is lvl 16 now. I still need to do hall of court, throne room, etc.

Let me know if you wanna donsome multiplayer. I don't know how to use gamespy, but I did creTe an account -- Lesrider. Same for GC.

Formora
02-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Hahaha I knew you would ;) I'm think I'm going to level my huntress instead, she looks awesome and traps are interesting. And both you and red have apprentices anyway.

I'd love to multiplayer but my phone got confiscated -__-

Lesrider
02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I use my apprentice to lvl my other chars. Since the towers can do all the work even with a hero that can't carry it's weight.
My apprentice is now lvl 20 and I got my huntress to lvl 9 with like one game of hard F&F using apprentice towers.

But god I miss my awesome skelly bow :(

I bought a cheap liger and black dragon, too. They're cute!

RedRyder
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
I use my apprentice to lvl my other chars. Since the towers can do all the work even with a hero that can't carry it's weight.
My apprentice is now lvl 20 and I got my huntress to lvl 9 with like one game of hard F&F using apprentice towers.

Explain pls? How do you level your other characters using another???

Formora
02-06-2011, 11:57 PM

Hmm I might level the apprentice just for that when I get my phone back. The liger pet sucks lol it hardly attacks! I wasted 50k :(

Explain pls? How do you level your other characters using another???

Start a level with your main, set up your towers and play the first wave then go to the forge (during build time) and swap characters. Get on your other char and start the next wave. :D This way you level up very quickly.

icantgetkills
02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
all my characters got freaken reset so i quit -__________-

Formora
02-07-2011, 12:04 AM
all my characters got freaken reset so i quit -__________-

4.3 which has already been submitted to apple will let you play with your old saves if you stayed at 3.0. Shame you updated...

icantgetkills
02-07-2011, 12:12 AM
4.3 which has already been submitted to apple will let you play with your old saves if you stayed at 3.0. Shame you updated...

epic bs...

Lesrider
02-07-2011, 12:16 AM
epic bs...

When did you update? They put a warning in the app store once they realized what was happening.
And I did try to warn everyone here...

Eh, welcome to the club. My file got corrupted, so I'm back at square one as well.