PDA

View Full Version : Future Events vs. Class/Gear Balancing

XghostzX
04-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Just curious as to what the community would rather have focused on.

Instead of having a future event (like christmas, easter, halloween, etc.), would you prefer gear/class balance? Or vice versa? (But you can't choose both!)

Impact
04-14-2014, 03:59 PM
YES
We just get reused items anyways, pvp is a full community thing

Hook
04-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Class and gear balancing, but We all know that isn't going to be the focus. Besides, the events need to be made on time for all new players, etc.

But if this is just a fantasy poll for forumers, then yes, I'd take gear and pvp balancing over easter/hallow/thanksgvn/chrstms, this year.

Caiahar
04-14-2014, 04:01 PM
YES
We just get reused items anyways, pvp is a full community thing

But then PvE guys gonna complain.

I'd choose class and gear balance.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Trenton
04-14-2014, 04:06 PM
It's not like it takes much to reuse the 2012 Maps, and rename 2013 Bunny Ears to 2014 Bunny Ears. If I still played, I would rather have balance ofc, but we all know that won't happen before a Christmas event.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reunegade
04-14-2014, 04:32 PM
They prolly wont even rename 2013 bunny ears lyl

Skeletonlord
04-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Just curious as to what the community would rather have focused on.

Instead of having a future event (like christmas, easter, halloween, etc.), would you prefer gear/class balance? Or vice versa? (But you can't choose both!)

I personally like future events. Even if they aren't "new" and do use old items, at least it's something to play with.

XghostzX
04-14-2014, 08:12 PM
I personally like future events. Even if they aren't "new" and do use old items, at least it's something to play with.

Yeah! I enjoy both. Me personally is the Pvp/Class balance, but I love seeing the new creativity STS has to bring to the table.

Burningdex
04-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah! I enjoy both. Me personally is the Pvp/Class balance, but I love seeing the new creativity STS has to bring to the table.

same 2013 easter quest... woot

The Happiness
04-15-2014, 03:32 AM
But then PvE guys gonna complain.

I'd choose class and gear balance.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm a pve guy....or gal to be precise. And I'd be complaining! ;)

Events ...content...well anything really.

bglir
04-15-2014, 05:13 AM
Future even, bring out the old stuff, recycle, is good for new players and other old players who didn't have the chance to own it, it will generate money thru sale of plats, thats would be the main focus of STG, rebalance gear/class won't be generating any income to maintain future existence of PL.

Skeletonlord
04-15-2014, 06:54 AM

This may make me sound like a noob, but can someone fill me in on the PVP/Class balance? I'm not a PVPer. Is there an issue with one class being overpowered or something?

bglir
04-15-2014, 08:08 AM
This may make me sound like a noob, but can someone fill me in on the PVP/Class balance? I'm not a PVPer. Is there an issue with one class being overpowered or something?
My sexyness is the main issue that overpowered all classes:adoration:, hehe actually is all about the savage sets thats not balance and make every mage turns pally and also bear being OP.

Cavoc
04-15-2014, 09:15 AM

Bears are overpowered in almost every level range.
And fiery set is very underpowered. Thats the main thing people want changed, as for twinking levels... I'm not sure what other issues there are.

Impact
04-15-2014, 08:18 PM

Bears are overpowered in almost every level range.
And fiery set is very underpowered. Thats the main thing people want changed, as for twinking levels... I'm not sure what other issues there are.
For twink lvls, str bears are invincible due to -90 dmg and deal 200 dmg per shot due to 60 dmg buff, dex bears are hard to kill due to -90 dmg and do 100 dmg per auto due to 60 dmg buff, mages in general deal decent damage and use 6 heal builds, so at lower twink lvls are invincible due to and at higher are hard to kill due to 100-200 hp restored per heal, birds suck at every low lvl pvp lvl, rhinos are only gud at 20 with plat pack, foxes are nubs vs bears cuz they cant unroot 5 sec stuns from bears and -90 dmg other then that bears are so balanced, pvp is so balanced, pvp takes such skill to beckon stomp

Sheugokin
04-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Def PvP.

Cavoc
04-15-2014, 09:25 PM
For twink lvls, str bears are invincible due to -90 dmg and deal 200 dmg per shot due to 60 dmg buff, dex bears are hard to kill due to -90 dmg and do 100 dmg per auto due to 60 dmg buff, mages in general deal decent damage and use 6 heal builds, so at lower twink lvls are invincible due to and at higher are hard to kill due to 100-200 hp restored per heal, birds suck at every low lvl pvp lvl, rhinos are only gud at 20 with plat pack, foxes are nubs vs bears cuz they cant unroot 5 sec stuns from bears and -90 dmg other then that bears are so balanced, pvp is so balanced, pvp takes such skill to beckon stomp

Rage doesn't give +90 damage until l9

Zapoke
04-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Balance should always come before content, in my opinion.

Tyranno-
04-16-2014, 02:15 AM
I'm PVE only and couldn't care less bout PVP. Just want to remind ppl to think bout what happened last time there was a "rebalancing" of skills and gear.

Was anyone satisfied?

Impact
04-16-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm PVE only and couldn't care less bout PVP. Just want to remind ppl to think bout what happened last time there was a "rebalancing" of skills and gear.

Was anyone satisfied?
No one asked for buff and dmg nerfs, just gear nerfs and skill nerf for endgame

Impact
04-16-2014, 06:16 AM

Rage doesn't give +90 damage until l9
I said 60 dmg read closely, I said -90 dmg debuffs

Lexlyde
04-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Rebalance.

XghostzX
04-16-2014, 06:51 AM

Was anyone satisfied?

Well, although I disagree with the future events overriding pvp/class balance, I do see your point :dread:

Waug
04-16-2014, 07:43 AM
events r for one time but balance is forever.

Peoples wouldn't stay the game hoping someday some events gonna come.

but ppls gonna leave if pvp stayed like this.

Impact
04-16-2014, 02:25 PM
events r for one time but balance is forever.

Peoples wouldn't stay the game hoping someday some events gonna come.

but ppls gonna leave if pvp stayed like this.
As u saw, the "nerfs" that made pvp more "strategic" drove away 3/4 of the original community, most guilds are inactive, most people never have more then 5 friends on at a time and some pvp lvls such as 45 have 1 or 2 games per 10 min

Skeletonlord
04-16-2014, 04:35 PM
@Bglir thanks a lot!

@troncaat oh, I see. I also heard that the savage bear set is too strong, but I don't really find it that strong. Maybe it's because of my stats and build? I am a level 76 bear with savage, how should I max out my skills and abilities and builds?

Cavoc
04-16-2014, 05:54 PM
@Bglir thanks a lot!

@troncaat oh, I see. I also heard that the savage bear set is too strong, but I don't really find it that strong. Maybe it's because of my stats and build? I am a level 76 bear with savage, how should I max out my skills and abilities and builds?

Max all your buffs. Except I put my taunt at 8.
Max hellscream
8-9 crushing blow
4-5 beckon
6-8 stomp
6-9 SMS
Rest put your slashes where ya want them.
And I use 1 heal for the +5 regen

Edit: my usual build is
9 iron
9 rage
9 evade
8 taunt
9 hellscream
8 crushing blow
4 beckon
6 stomp
9 SMS
1 heal
2 crippling
1 the other slash

Tyranno-
04-16-2014, 10:07 PM
@ Impact - Exactly my point - no one asked for certain nerfs but they happened anyway. Who's to say same won't happen again? Moral of the story is: Be careful what you wish for, you may get more than you expected.

@ Skeletonlord - i can give you my skill set for pure pve. Any points in taunt other than 1 to get the skill are wasted. A level 1 taunt works just as well as level 9 for attracting enemies, and you have enough health to absorb the hits so why bother dodging them? ;) If you plan to pvp you'll want more points in taunt, evade, and/or iron blood - one of the pro pvpers round here would know far more bout it than me lol

Anyway, pure pve this skill set works great in bsm even at lvl 68 wearing humania gear:
All slashes 9 (Vengeful, Crippling, Super Mega)
Stomp 9
Rage 9
Taunt 1
Crushing Blow 9
Restore 0
Iron Blood 2
Hell Scream 9
Evade 0
Beckon 9

Hope this helps you ;)

kwahiwik
04-16-2014, 10:09 PM
such pros

Covert
04-16-2014, 10:16 PM
@ Impact - Exactly my point - no one asked for certain nerfs but they happened anyway. Who's to say same won't happen again? Moral of the story is: Be careful what you wish for, you may get more than you expected.

@ Skeletonlord - i can give you my skill set for pure pve. Any points in taunt other than 1 to get the skill are wasted. A level 1 taunt works just as well as level 9 for attracting enemies, and you have enough health to absorb the hits so why bother dodging them? ;) If you plan to pvp you'll want more points in taunt, evade, and/or iron blood - one of the pro pvpers round here would know far more bout it than me lol

Anyway, pure pve this skill set works great in bsm even at lvl 68 wearing humania gear:
Stomp 9
Rage 9
Taunt 1
Crushing Blow 9
Restore 0
Iron Blood 2
Hell Scream 9
Evade 0
Beckon 9

Hope this helps you ;)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/wat2_zps9a5d9d7b.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/wat2_zps9a5d9d7b.jpg.html)

Tyranno-
04-17-2014, 02:27 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/wat2_zps9a5d9d7b.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/wat2_zps9a5d9d7b.jpg.html)

I'm not even sure what your post means; only thing I *am* sure of is - I don't care.

Thanks for your meaningful input. Have a nice day ;)

Cavoc
04-17-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm not even sure what your post means; only thing I *am* sure of is - I don't care.

I'm not even sure what your build means. I thought you were kidding. Apparently not.

Covert
04-17-2014, 09:38 AM

haha, judging by that build I can't imagine caring is in your repertoire

IGN Storm
04-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Events are fun for a week. Caps are fun for 3 months. PVP will be fun for a loooonnnnngggg time if it is balanced.

Breton
04-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Why would someone want events reused events over a balance? Seems illogic, I'm a bear and PvP is boring because they are op and I would love if it was balanced so I could play every class and have to win with actual skill...

XghostzX
04-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Why would someone want events reused events over a balance? Seems illogic, I'm a bear and PvP is boring because they are op and I would love if it was balanced so I could play every class and have to win with actual skill...

Respect for admitting bears have the upper hand. <3

Tyranno-
04-17-2014, 04:12 PM
haha, judging by that build I can't imagine caring is in your repertoire

Lmao. I've capped more bears in bsm maps with over 1000 to 1 k/d ratios with and without elixirs than you have capped toons alltogether. That build requires some skill at playing - which I'm certain is why you're mystified by it.

Considering your experience in PVE is likely predominently in the maze (or magic castle before that) I'm not quite sure what makes you think you're qualified to comment at all.

So, thanks for your useless commentary. You've proven the shallow, trolling atmosphere so prevelant in PL now has infected the forum too. And thank you, I'll never recover the 5 min of my life I've wasted on you.

Covert
04-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Lmao. I've capped more bears in bsm maps with over 1000 to 1 k/d ratios with and without elixirs than you have capped toons alltogether. That build requires some skill at playing - which I'm certain is why you're mystified by it.

Considering your experience in PVE is likely predominently in the maze (or magic castle before that) I'm not quite sure what makes you think you're qualified to comment at all.

So, thanks for your useless commentary. You've proven the shallow, trolling atmosphere so prevelant in PL now has infected the forum too. And thank you, I'll never recover the 5 min of my life I've wasted on you.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/batmin_zpsea05cc61.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/batmin_zpsea05cc61.jpg.html)

kwahiwik
04-17-2014, 04:22 PM

Please, hes been around since 56, so clearly he knows what hes doing

Caiahar
04-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Tyranno, you dont know how others do pve. You dont know if others are skilled at it.
And on that build...9 beckon 9 stomp? Are you serious? I'd understand 9 beckon and a low stomp, but this. That iron blood is way too low.

You say that you're tanky enough to not need the dodge that taunt gives; the dodge that it gives is more than evade itself when it is stacked 2x. 9 beckon and 9 stomp is bad for crowd control, you can use it to bring enemies to a wall and stomp against it, but a lvl 7 beckon and a lvl 3-6 stomp does the same.

Oh, do you want more dmg? Thats many bears do nowadays in PvE, try to dmg instead of tank efficiently. You use the taunt to aggro all, and you'll be hit alot, so the high iron blood and taunt dodge will help, and just group against a wall and stomp and debuff.

Oh, and Dont try to say I'm a mega maze PvE person, I hardly use it, and I do have quite of experience with bear to know how it works.

Tyranno-
04-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Tyranno, you dont know how others do pve. You dont know if others are skilled at it.
And on that build...9 beckon 9 stomp? Are you serious? I'd understand 9 beckon and a low stomp, but this. That iron blood is way too low.

You say that you're tanky enough to not need the dodge that taunt gives; the dodge that it gives is more than evade itself when it is stacked 2x. 9 beckon and 9 stomp is bad for crowd control, you can use it to bring enemies to a wall and stomp against it, but a lvl 7 beckon and a lvl 3-6 stomp does the same.

Oh, do you want more dmg? Thats many bears do nowadays in PvE, try to dmg instead of tank efficiently. You use the taunt to aggro all, and you'll be hit alot, so the high iron blood and taunt dodge will help, and just group against a wall and stomp and debuff.

Oh, and Dont try to say I'm a mega maze PvE person, I hardly use it, and I do have quite of experience with bear to know how it works.

PVE features the miracle of potions - health to be specific. And a bear has plenty enough health to survive any combo of hits by potting. So you get hit? So what? I don't pvp so it's not a concern.

I know all the tricks n pull points to bunch mobs up efficiently. They seem to die faster with me max beckoning n stomping, then max slashing them. Hmm. Novel idea.

What a bear DOESN'T have is enough damage to maintain aggro. Even with savage at a boss it's a job keeping em off the birds n mages. And I'm concerned a savage nerf may make pve bears useless as tanks because of this.

Also, I solo. I need all the damage I can get to have an efficient run alone. Which I do.

It's just a different build that's worked very successfully for me, so I don't get why ppl are hating on it. You wanna solo all bsm efficiently n have the skillz, use it. If not, don't.

Breton
04-17-2014, 08:41 PM

Stomp 9
Rage 9
Taunt 1
Crushing Blow 9
Restore 0
Iron Blood 2
Hell Scream 9
Evade 0
Beckon 9

Hope this helps you ;)

I'm sorry but it's hard to believe you can solo Red Dragon with 0 evade and 2 Iron blood... If I were hosting runs and knew you had that build I would kick you because bears are made to tank and with that build you just can't...

Caiahar
04-17-2014, 09:30 PM
At endgame, Bears have one of the most damage, if not the most. Savage has that crazy damage, combined with L9 rage buff, it does crazy damage.
Its not hard to keep the boss off other party members, you use taunt and do enough damage to get aggroed.
And another thing; bears meant to tank with a team, not Maximize their dmg output. It doesn't matter if your party members kill the mobs before you, just show em crazy crowd control skills, they do the rest.

I'm going to stop posting here, I completely de railed ghosts thread :/

Tyranno-
04-17-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm sorry but it's hard to believe you can solo Red Dragon with 0 evade and 2 Iron blood... If I were hosting runs and knew you had that build I would kick you because bears are made to tank and with that build you just can't...

In PVE defense is zero priority for a bear. Ya have all that armor, a giant health pool, and/or pots for a reason - so use em. What good is a tank that can't maintain aggro? Not much. Since taunt is overidden by any damage, a lvl 9 Beckon-Stomp combo gets a boss' attention back where it belongs in a hurry.

Red dragon can be hairy solo, but doable. With one mage or rhino it's a joke. This build has worked well since the Fang cap, so...

Fine by me: you all can stick to ur slow killing, group-dependent bears if you want. I'll be off on my own, or tanking a group to a super-fast run. Peace

Covert
04-17-2014, 10:05 PM
In PVE defense is zero priority for a bear. Ya have all that armor, a giant health pool, and/or pots for a reason - so use em. What good is a tank that can't maintain aggro? Not much. Since taunt is overidden by any damage, a lvl 9 Beckon-Stomp combo gets a boss' attention back where it belongs in a hurry.

Red dragon can be hairy solo, but doable. With one mage or rhino it's a joke. This build has worked well since the Fang cap, so...

Fine by me: you all can stick to ur slow killing, group-dependent bears if you want. I'll be off on my own, or tanking a group to a super-fast run. Peace

peace*

Tyranno-
04-18-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm not even sure what your build means. I thought you were kidding. Apparently not.

Aww. I missed your trollish post. You must be a flunky of Covert's lol. Well, I wouldn't want you to feel left out so:

You waste a point on heal and question *anyone's* build? Omg. Lmfao. Please just stop playing a bear. There's no hope for you.

@ Ghost I'm sorry for going off-topic. I'm finished responding to insects like those two.

Cavoc
04-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Aww. I missed your trollish post. You must be a flunky of Covert's lol. Well, I wouldn't want you to feel left out so:

You waste a point on heal and question *anyone's* build? Omg. Lmfao. Please just stop playing a bear. There's no hope for you.

@ Ghost I'm sorry for going off-topic. I'm finished responding to insects like those two.

Please 1v1 me.

Please.

Edit: But before we do that, let's go over some pretty simple reasons of why you are completely wrong and should shut your mouth.

1) skeleton asked me for a build in pvp, not pve. If you are capable of writing multiple paragraphs to defend to horrific build, maybe you should read up just a few more comments.

2) your build is hilarious. And I'm glad you use it. Taunt and evade are skills used for dodge. Sure, as a bear (especially a full str bear) you have lots of health! And you get pots! But wouldn't it be nice to have multiple chances of not even getting hit in the first place?!?! WOW LOGIC!!!

Another thing about your build. You are full str, with max slashes. What's your hit percent? What's the point in maxing all these attack skills if you can't even hit anything LET ALONE DODGE ANYTHING.

So you have fun using this fabulous build. Don't hit anything, don't dodge anything, just sit there and use those good ole pots!

Tyranno-
04-18-2014, 01:36 AM
Please 1v1 me.

Please.

Edit: But before we do that, let's go over some pretty simple reasons of why you are completely wrong and should shut your mouth.

1) skeleton asked me for a build in pvp, not pve. If you are capable of writing multiple paragraphs to defend to horrific build, maybe you should read up just a few more comments.

2) your build is hilarious. And I'm glad you use it. Taunt and evade are skills used for dodge. Sure, as a bear (especially a full str bear) you have lots of health! And you get pots! But wouldn't it be nice to have multiple chances of not even getting hit in the first place?!?! WOW LOGIC!!!

Another thing about your build. You are full str, with max slashes. What's your hit percent? What's the point in maxing all these attack skills if you can't even hit anything LET ALONE DODGE ANYTHING.

So you have fun using this fabulous build. Don't hit anything, don't dodge anything, just sit there and use those good ole pots!

Sorry Ghost.

Mr. Caat:

1) I clearly offered him a build for *pure PVE* in case he was interested, and I also noted in this thread in at least two seperate posts *I do not PVP* lol. So before you rage and challenge me to PVP maybe *you* should read more carefully? Hmm...

2) Who said I do pure str? I don't. 215 dex gives 100% hit chance with no gear on. I'm sure with your pro-ness you knew that of course... cough. And with a bear's naturally higher health pool WHO CARES IF YOU GET HIT? It's not worth wasting skill points on defense in PVE-only.

Oops, I guess you made a few mistakes here. Maybe another edit of your post would help?

It's okay. In a PVE run I'd come over and kill stuff for you and ur PRO build as you evaded and defended and healed while whiffing ineffectually with your teeny-tiny slashes. Psh. I bet my birds tank better than your bear lol.

Oh. I'll repeat for you one more time in case you missed it - *I DON'T PVP* lol

Good day to you sir. :)

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 01:43 AM
What does everyone think of this idea to get a new cap on the horizon?
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=149285

Covert
04-18-2014, 05:41 AM
tran please stay on topic
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/Tyransgf_zps4be46690.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/Tyransgf_zps4be46690.jpg.html)

kwahiwik
04-18-2014, 05:44 AM
tran please stay on topic
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/covert69/Tyransgf_zps4be46690.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/covert69/media/Tyransgf_zps4be46690.jpg.html)
dirty fry pan

Covert
04-18-2014, 05:49 AM
dirty fry pan
lotta dead things went in there. like tyran's ability

Breton
04-18-2014, 07:01 AM

You must have only started playing at Blacksmoke and you don't know what a balanced set is, at lower caps you would have never been able to to function with this kind of build... In fact I'm surprised people haven't called you an idiot for having this kind of build, everyone knows to max buffs and not beakon stomp, or else that makes a great scatter bear, which no one likes.

Tyranno-
04-18-2014, 07:32 AM
You must have only started playing at Blacksmoke and you don't know what a balanced set is, at lower caps you would have never been able to to function with this kind of build... In fact I'm surprised people haven't called you an idiot for having this kind of build, everyone knows to max buffs and not beakon stomp, or else that makes a great scatter bear, which no one likes.

Wow. Maybe you need to read a little closer too. Says right in my post you quoted this build has been working since the Fang cap. Lol

And based on the horrible bear play I routinely see in bsm now, what "everyone" knows about building bears is not something I want to imitate. A build doesn't make a scatterbear; crappy gameplay does.

Like I said, all ya can stick to your conventional bears; I'll be capping my 7th bear using this build and anyone who's run with a Tyranno- bear can tell you bout my gameplay. Generally pros join; I guess thats why I don't recognize the names of the trolls posting here. Lol

Good luck to you sir :)

Breton
04-18-2014, 11:39 AM
You actually don't recognize our names because our ign's aren't the same because our main forum accounts are banned and our bears have over 75k kills

Trenton
04-18-2014, 12:40 PM
You actually don't recognize our names because our ign's aren't the same because our main forum accounts are banned and our bears have over 75k kills

Lmao idk who you are but I like you.

Breton
04-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Lmao idk who you are but I like you.

I like me too:)

Tyranno-
04-18-2014, 01:30 PM

Can't imagine why such nice ppl got banned here on the forum. Such a shame.

Breton
04-18-2014, 01:40 PM

Ah! Just found out why you solo.

You have no friends to play with. Such a shame.:(

Trenton
04-18-2014, 01:42 PM

If big egos were bannable, that would be such a shame

Tyranno-
04-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Lol. Okay. Now even random ppl are joining in on the trolling.

Enough.

I'm done here. Hopefully a moderator shuts this thread down and makes note of three banned people circumventing thier bans.

@ Ghost I'm sorry

Breton
04-18-2014, 03:04 PM

Enough.

I'm done here. Hopefully a moderator shuts this thread down and makes note of three banned people circumventing thier bans.

@ Ghost I'm sorry

Now that he's butthurt he finds a way to try and snitch, pretty cute if you ask me.

XghostzX
04-18-2014, 04:09 PM

Enough.

@ Ghost I'm sorry

Tyran lol not trying to hate but I find it amusing how people need that satisfaction of trying to prove to the public that they're right, when in reality you can just PM Tron. You're not really "sorry" you just keeping saying sorry after every post to reassure yourself and others. If you were really sorry you would have been the mature one and let it go.

This thread kinda lost its edge anyway I don't mind a lock.

Twjsted
04-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Looks like this thread has run its course. Closing it down.