PDA

View Full Version : New Arcane Pet: Behold the Storm Pet Volt!

Reunegade
04-14-2014, 04:06 PM
After the storm broke out, a mysterious creature appeared out in the shape of a lightning bolt. The rarest creatures in Arlor, they strike fear into their prey and warn predators with their loud bursting sound in the forests of Tindirin.

Stats:
You receive: +20 Int, Dex, 30 Str, 20 Primary Stat, 8 Mana Regen, 800 Mana, 8% Crit

Passive:
High Voltage: All enemies that come close to Volt will be struck by a powerful bolt of lightning. This strikes all enemies within 3 meters of Volt.

Arcane:
Thunderstruck: All enemies that are 4 meters away or closer from Volt will be stunned for 2 seconds and will also have a DoT bleed proc applied to them for 5 seconds, dealing 10% of their maximum health per second. (This means this will deal 50% damage!)

How to get Volt?
This is not your average Arcane pet. Instead, you have to go through an intricate questline to receive this pet.

1. Talk to Krobox in The Great City of Kraag.
2. Accept quest "The Lightning Arena".
3. Talk to Altrox in "The Lightning Arena".
4. Receive the first of five quests given by NPCs in "The Lightning Arena".
5. First one is "The Nordr Mystery". After you kill Alpha Wolf, a mysterious creature will spawn called Thunder Wolf. He is an elite boss, so be careful.
6. Turn in quest to Veelox in "The Lightning Arena".
7. Second quest is "The Pirate's Revenge". After you kill Bloodhammer in Skull Cove, a man will spawn called Blackbeard. He is an elite boss, so be careful.
8. Turn in quest to Queen Anna Raven in The Dragon's Jewel.
9. Click the "Explore!" button to go to a new map that will appear called "The Abyss".
10. Accept the quest from Orlox called "Explore the Abyss."
11. Kill the boss Ferrix's Spirit. This boss will only appear after you have killed Shadowmancer Ferrix in regular Shuyal.
12. Turn in quest to Krobox in The Great City of Kraag.
13. Accept the quest "The Jungle Clone." After you kill The Abomination, an elite boss will appear called Sky Destruction. He is the most powerful boss to date, so be careful.
14. Turn in quest to Altrox in "The Lightning Arena" and receive 133,700 gold!
15. Talk to Veelox and she will give you an Infuser Device after you give her 1 million gold.
16. Get a dragonite bar from Dragkin Teeth or the Auction House and infuse the dragonite bar, the arcane shard, in the Infuser Device.
17. You will receive a Dragonite Ring, which you can use or summon Volt.
18. Talk to Altrox to summon Volt from the Dragonite Ring. Remember, the Dragonite Ring and the Infuser Device will disappear. Volt will appear in egg form, so it is able to be traded.

Hope y'all enjoy!

-----

Also coming is his mythic counterpart, Stricken!

After Volt became too old to rule the sky, the heir to the throne, Stricken, had to take over. Although his lightning spells are not as powerful, with his astuteness he can create magic fireballs from thin air.

Stats:
You receive: +15 Int, 15 Primary Stat, 200 Mana, 16 Mana Regen, 6% Crit, 20 Armor, 10% XP

Passive:
Fire Grenade: A grenade that snares all enemies and deals damage to a large group.
Hidden Passive:
Mana Regeneration: Gives 60 mana per second.

Arcane:
Healing Ball: This will give all allies 75 mana and health per second for 8 seconds.

Solid
04-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Creative, but what's the point of an arcane pet then?

Zeus
04-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Arcane items are not free through quests nor are they cheap. I suggest you earn the pet of your choosing through merchanting versus ideas like these that are relatively easy to complete. There's not a single money incentive in that idea for STG to profit off of.

In total, your questline is letting one have an arcane pet for around 5 million.

For future suggestions, remember, money talks! :3

Reunegade
04-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Arcane items are not free through quests nor are they cheap. I suggest you earn the pet of your choosing through merchanting versus ideas like these that are relatively easy to complete. There's not a single money incentive in that idea for STG to profit off of.

In total, your questline is letting one have an arcane pet for around 5 million.

For future suggestions, remember, money talks! :3
Well, it requires an arcane shard which I do not think is 5 million.

Anarchist
04-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Your toon becomes the pet.

#Overpowered2014.

Zeus
04-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Well, it requires an arcane shard which I do not think is 5 million.

Ah, I missed that. It in line 17 towards the end, didn't notice.

Pets come from eggs though, not smelting so where is this logic coming from? O_O

Reunegade
04-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Ah, I missed that. It in line 17 towards the end, didn't notice.

Pets come from eggs though, not smelting so where is this logic coming from? O_O
Idk I lost myself halfway through

I think summoning from the Dragonite Ring

Zeus
04-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Idk I lost myself halfway through

I think summoning from the Dragonite Ring

It seems a bit far fetched, don't think it would be implemented. :/

Reunegade
04-14-2014, 04:38 PM
It seems a bit far fetched, don't think it would be implemented. :/
Me neither, just wanna share some of my ideas lol

Zeus
04-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Me neither, just wanna share some of my ideas lol

Oh, I see!

Kakashis
04-14-2014, 05:25 PM
I am the pet!

Energizeric
04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
I don't follow it completely as the idea is a bit confusing, but I do applaud this kind of thinking. Growing up in the 1980s, I played tons of Role Playing Games before they were MMOs, and quests were what they were about. It seems like quests have become a boring thing that most players do not bother with in AL and the same was true in PL. So I'd love to see some complicated quests that require effort and lots of work to complete. I like how they have the teeth farming now, so anything more like that gets a thumbs up from me.

Zylx
04-14-2014, 06:32 PM

It's arcane legends. There is no such thing as logic lol. Maybe the shard emits a mysterious power that transforms things or something.

GoodSyntax
04-14-2014, 06:55 PM
I would love to see a mythic pet awarded for completing every elite without a death.

Not an Arcane, but something better than Valkin (which was the best awarded pet) for those broke Elite runners who do not have the time nor desire to merch all day. A zero death run through all elites is quite a feat and should be awarded with something worthwhile. This would be a pet that only a small group will ever get, so it's a nice, exclusive give back to those with no interest in popping crates or hanging in town merching day in and day out.

Reunegade
04-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Or clear all elite maps in a certain amount of time, would be awesome.

Xjointz
04-14-2014, 07:53 PM
aw this will be to op for rogues because of the 8% crit and mana regen and 30dex aw i want this so bad for pvp

Alhuntrazeck
04-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Nice idea, but I think there should be higher INT than STR. Lightning is a mage's skill!

Sceazikua
04-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Isnt this too OP compared to other arcane pets, at least to his brother singe who just came this expansion?
-this pet: 20 int dex, 30 str, 20 primary, 8 crit, endless mana
-singe: 15 int dex str, 30 primary, 12% dmg, 4% dmg reduce

Also that arcane ability is too OP. Wtf 50% max hp? So now sorc use it and stun and spam skill = everyone die in 5 sec including warriors?

Moehummer
04-15-2014, 01:31 AM
After the storm broke out, a mysterious creature appeared out in the shape of a lightning bolt. The rarest creatures in Arlor, they strike fear into their prey and warn predators with their loud bursting sound in the forests of Tindirin.

Stats:
You receive: +20 Int, Dex, 30 Str, 20 Primary Stat, 8 Mana Regen, 800 Mana, 8% Crit

Passive:
High Voltage: All enemies that come close to Volt will be struck by a powerful bolt of lightning. This strikes all enemies within 3 meters of Volt.

Arcane:
Thunderstruck: All enemies that are 4 meters away or closer from Volt will be stunned for 2 seconds and will also have a DoT bleed proc applied to them for 5 seconds, dealing 10% of their maximum health per second. (This means this will deal 50% damage!)

How to get Volt?
This is not your average Arcane pet. Instead, you have to go through an intricate questline to receive this pet.

5. First one is "The Nordr Mystery". After you kill Alpha Wolf, a mysterious creature will spawn called Thunder Wolf. He is an elite boss, so be careful.
7. Second quest is "The Pirate's Revenge". After you kill Bloodhammer in Skull Cove, a man will spawn called Blackbeard. He is an elite boss, so be careful.
9. Click the "Explore!" button to go to a new map that will appear called "The Abyss".
11. Kill the boss Ferrix's Spirit. This boss will only appear after you have killed Shadowmancer Ferrix in regular Shuyal.
13. Accept the quest "The Jungle Clone." After you kill The Abomination, an elite boss will appear called Sky Destruction. He is the most powerful boss to date, so be careful.
15. Talk to Veelox and she will give you an Infuser Device after you give her 1 million gold.
16. Get a dragonite bar from Dragkin Teeth or the Auction House and infuse the dragonite bar, the arcane shard, in the Infuser Device.
18. Talk to Altrox to summon Volt from the Dragonite Ring. Remember, the Dragonite Ring and the Infuser Device will disappear. Volt will appear in egg form, so it is able to be traded.

Hope y'all enjoy!

-----

After Volt became too old to rule the sky, the heir to the throne, Stricken, had to take over. Although his lightning spells are not as powerful, with his astuteness he can create magic fireballs from thin air.

Stats:
You receive: +15 Int, 15 Primary Stat, 200 Mana, 16 Mana Regen, 6% Crit, 20 Armor, 10% XP

Passive:
Fire Grenade: A grenade that snares all enemies and deals damage to a large group.
Hidden Passive:

Arcane:
Healing Ball: This will give all allies 75 mana and health per second for 8 seconds.

Dude.

I put the dragonite bar and the shard in the infuser. But nothing happened!
Maybe that's because I have the ring already!

Anyway, I talked to altrox and he says he will convert my ring to an egg as soon as STS reads this cool scenario.
U should be a writer.

Anarchist
04-15-2014, 02:00 AM
Dude.

I put the dragonite bar and the shard in the infuser. But nothing happened!
Maybe that's because I have the ring already!

You simply forgot to use a Pokeball.

epicrrr
04-15-2014, 04:39 AM
a new type of shard to evolve arcane pet lmao!

Haligali
04-15-2014, 05:32 AM
mana regen... :(

Spell
04-15-2014, 03:38 PM

Stats:

Passive:

Arcane:

How to get Volt?

Hope y'all enjoy!

-----

Stats:

Passive:
Hidden Passive:

Arcane:

Could it be?!

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t471/xxxbalckxxx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140415_165431.jpg (http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/xxxbalckxxx/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140415_165431.jpg.html)http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t471/xxxbalckxxx/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140415_165147.jpg (http://s1061.photobucket.com/user/xxxbalckxxx/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140415_165147.jpg.html)