PDA

View Full Version : Indecisive on a Class?

shangle22
12-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Hello Everyone, I recently stopped playing World of Warcraft and just got this game on my new droid and wondering what the best class / race is for end game PVE. I am looking for that best solo class so I dont always need to have a group. But again not sure if you can solo the highest content. Please be lvl 50 to even post your idea's. Thanks to everyone for your time reading this and a special thanks to those who post.

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I find Mage to be the easiest (and most enjoyable) class to play. I have a dual wield pally/Mage at lvl 50 and I love it. Bird is also fun, but Mage is easier for soloing (more aoe skills). I take a lot longer clearing low lvl dungeons with my bird than with my mage.

shangle22
12-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Sweet, I started a Paladin, b/c this is the only class I play, if I am not able to build one (like this game) or if it doesn't even have one (Diablo 3 EPIC FAIL) I will not play. Any Idea on what to do with you stat points? I am thinking getting as much str to wear your gear and the rest split into Int and Dex. Skills I plan on pretty much maxing out most of the spells anyways.

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Don't really need Dex these days on a Mage. What many people did at lvl 50 (including me) is respecced our stats to half Str, half int and then use low lvl items to boost those stats in one direction or the other. That way you can switch between int items and Str items. It's easiest to do at lvl 50, but you can make it work earlier on too.
Keep in mind, int effects the skill strength, so you want to try to have has much as possible while still being able to wear Str items.

shangle22
12-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks Lesrider... does INT increase spell damg more than str?... not 100% sure what all the stats do for damg. I am aware that STR increases Health / regen?, DEX hit / dodge, Int increases Mana / regen. at LvL 25 how much would you say to have into Str / Int.... or should I be lvling all Int? .... I am a protectionist and HATE dieing (very pissed I died last night so now i am lvl 25 with 1470 kills and 1 death...aaaa)

Arterra
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks Lesrider... does INT increase spell damg more than str?... not 100% sure what all the stats do for damg. I am aware that STR increases Health / regen?, DEX hit / dodge, Int increases Mana / regen. at LvL 25 how much would you say to have into Str / Int.... or should I be lvling all Int? .... I am a protectionist and HATE dieing (very pissed I died last night so now i am lvl 25 with 1470 kills and 1 death...aaaa)

if you hate dying mage is the wrong class for you lool.
dex no longer increases dodge... str does... now dex is hit and crit. epic fail by everyone's standards, one day will be put back.
int will increase all magic powers, including staffs and wands or so i hear. you can stay as str to level if you love pally, but the rule of thumb for me is that ranged is always better for leveling.

shangle22
12-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the insight Arterra. What they need to do is have ATK Power and Spell Power. Bows of course are off ATK Power. Make STR affect how hard you hit with a weapon and INT how hard you hit with spells. This would eliminate range to be the best way to lvl. You would have to scale it a bit so melee does a bit more damage seeing they need to be in close combat. STR should go towards Health, ATK Power, Health regen, Dex should go towards dodge, melee hit, melee crit, Int should go towards spell hit, spell crit, spell damage. and READY imput Wisdom this will increase your Mana regen and Mana Pool. Seeing I need to leave work when I get home I am going to make a post about this.

I will put my points into Str and Int ... any other helpful hits? or hit me up in game if you can help me lvl up faster lol ... looking to still make friends in the game.