PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Lost Expedition Quests?

jrg.chicago
12-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I just got the 1000 yeti pelts, and have been making XP runs through the zone, trying to get the pink reward item. Have probably done a full clear on my bird at least 5 times today, and have seen zero pelts drop. I remember doing the 3 pelt quest that they didn't drop frequently, but am wondering what the deal is with the lack of drops period.

Is there a problem with this quest? I don't mind the experience gain from doing these areas (not to mention the trash items sell decently well that drop), but would like to have some tangible progress towards completing the quest line...

Help?

nazgulking
12-16-2010, 02:54 PM
I think pelts and snowballs should drop more frequently (1 yeti/lil'yeti killed = 1 pelt/snowball dropped) I was half way and have to drop it to make space for new holiday/swamp quests, it is a pain of a quest/s.

gl0c
12-16-2010, 03:34 PM
hmm where doing it on the frozen nightmare map?

@nazgulking no that's why its called an elite quest, and it wouldn't be fair to people who've already finished both of those quest.

nazgulking
12-16-2010, 03:55 PM
@nazgulking no that's why its called an elite quest, and it wouldn't be fair to people who've already finished both of those quest.

Well they changed the rewards AND the tine to finish the quest for the tomes in balefort I don't see why they can't do it with pelts/snowballs (I finished the tomes quest before the improvement and i can tell you that it was painful to finish it, still I'm happy with STS to have shorten their lenght) For me it's elite because you can't use pots and enemies are hard that's it, no other reasons.

jrg.chicago
12-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Perhaps it is that I wasn't doing it in the Elite section. Whenever I clicked the "go to" on the pelts quest, it took me to area 4. The snowball quest took me to the elite dungeon area, so maybe that's where I went wrong. In any case, I dropped that quest like a bad habit, until I can finish up the Alien Oasis/Ancient Swamp present thief quest.

Snakespeare
12-16-2010, 04:12 PM
I've done 1024 tomes twice, LOL! I liked it actually, but I'm crazy.

Yes, use Frozen Nightmare for those quests, not Lost Expedition. Maybe I'll see you there.

jrg.chicago
12-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Sure, I'll be looking for ya snake. My bird is "madquacker" and my mage is "aridaazasin" and I'm aptly leveling them "together." I've seen the "fun" of the Nightmare zone once, as I got 3 shot by a yeti. Not fun at all.