PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Pet Peeves in Arcane Legends

Zylx
04-15-2014, 04:27 PM
1) Respec is actually short for respecification of status/skill points, or to respecify stat/skill points. Common misinterpretations result in spellings like respect or respecc. The past-tense form of the verb respec is respec'd, while the current-tense is respec'ing.

2) Rogue is actually spelled r-o-g-u-e, not r-o-u-g-e. The latter spelling, rouge, is actually phonetically pronounced as rūj and is defined as a color of red, or as a type of makeup.

I guess i am more or less like a grammar police officer. Nothing irritates me more than common, intentional misspellings or grammatical errors. :)

Edit: Post your biggest pet peeves in AL here in this thread :)

DocDoBig
04-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Respect*

Lol just kidding

Zylx
04-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Respect*

Lol just kidding

R-e-s-p-e-c-t You know what it means to me! :D

Muli
04-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Mythic not mystic
Samael not samuel ;)

Zylx
04-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Mythic not mystic
Samael not samuel ;)

Exactly :).

Serancha
04-15-2014, 05:00 PM
2) Rogue is actually spelled r-o-g-u-e, not r-o-u-g-e. The latter spelling, rouge, is actually phonetically pronounced as rūj and is defined as a color of red, or as a type of makeup.

Thank you!!!!

synfullmagic_23110
04-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Pretty sure
The first fact isn't only towards AL

Hey

Rare
04-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Biggest pet peeve now? Rumors

Serancha
04-15-2014, 05:19 PM
PvP guild spazz threads.

Zylx
04-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Pretty sure
The first fact isn't only towards AL

Nope, but it applies :)

Rare
04-15-2014, 05:29 PM
PvP guild spazz threads.

Oh geez I change mine to this.

Madnex
04-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Post your biggest pet peeves in AL here in this thread :)
This title. Just look at it! "A couple interesting things". No sir. Unless numerical term follows it's "A couple of interesting things".

Ebezaanec
04-15-2014, 06:46 PM
1. A rogue whose mana bar does not move
2. People who wear Lep Pendant in elites where trash mobs give no good loot
3. People who can't reset Jarl properly for the next run
4. Spot-blocking
5. "mhytik" instead of "mythic"
6. LAG

afrobug
04-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Abaddon not abandon, mage not mague..etc. But rouge definitely tops it all.

Temarichan
04-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Autocorrect during lag -(--")

Hoardseeker
04-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Singe not single :)

faefaefae
04-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Scortch and Scorn are two different pets.:p

Commanderkeen
04-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Sirs when it should only be sir.
Golds when it should be gold.

Anarchist
04-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Scortch and Scorn are two different pets.:p
Here we prefer scorch sir :)

- The grammar nazi squad is back again??

- *pfff* this is the fake one.

Zylx
04-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Sirs when it should only be sir.
Golds when it should be gold.

Plats when it should be plat.
"I can have gold?" when it should be "Can i have gold?".
Me when it should be i.
The list goes on...

deathwraithx
04-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Plats when it should be plat.
"I can have gold?" when it should be "Can i have gold?".
Me when it should be i.
The list goes on...

I once had an elaborate inconclusive argument about calling it plat instead of plats.
Guess I won

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Anarchial
04-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Me tell what I want to tell,
Me spell what I want to spell.

On separate note mystic/mythic confused me a lot initially until I found out that the former is a spelling mistake -_-"

utpal
04-16-2014, 05:21 AM
grammar nazi :P

Roberto077
04-16-2014, 05:29 AM
Normal bael is not elite bael (youtube comments can be annoying)

Uikuha
04-16-2014, 05:45 AM
Abbadon not abandon, mage not mague..etc. But rouge definitely tops it all.

I think that was abaddon not abbadon ;)

Sorry My English

Madnex
04-16-2014, 07:05 AM
I think that was abaddon not abbadon ;)

Sorry My English
Win.

deathwraithx
04-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Isn't abaddon a hero in DotA?

That ult O.O

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Zylx
04-16-2014, 11:09 AM
And then there is:

Your and You're.
There, Their, and They're

Zylx
04-16-2014, 11:11 AM
This title. Just look at it! "A couple interesting things". No sir. Unless numerical term follows it's "A couple of interesting things".

Lol i have no idea what you're talking about..

afrobug
04-16-2014, 12:03 PM
I was thinking about my mom's favorite band from long ago.. (0)(0) excuses lol

evanb_333
04-20-2014, 11:12 AM
CAN NOT STAND drive by friend requests. I have maybe 30 friends and I fought with all. Also, when trading, inspect and see if i can even use it before just sending trade request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billythekidd
04-20-2014, 01:10 PM
Blind party invites..

Countless friend requests from low levels when I enter a town, I know what your plan is, this leads
to the above problem, blind party invites to clear maps in dead city..

Blaming lag every time you die in elite, this really gets me..

The lazy player who has no drive or shame the ones who patrol the towns for countless hours just waiting for mythic and arcane players to show up so they can spam you pms..

People who ask for help then leave half way through the map..

Lower lvl players who show up at Elite arena and refuse to leave

The self proclaimed party leader, their found in random Elite party's, the ones who have no clue what their doing but run the entire map spaming the chat box, pull here, over here, this way that way.

Energizeric
04-20-2014, 03:00 PM
People who stand in town right in front of the auction for hours trying to sell an item for double the price that it's listed in the auction for.

Kellhus
04-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Bad grammar, ghetto dialect, beggars, capped noobs who have no clue what they are doing, beggars, random pt invites, random trades, beggars, people yelling trade me in pm, capped noobs who don't know what they are doing, afk people who suddenly awake at boss, gangers, slackers, hackers, capped noobs who don't know what they are doing, and most of all, predictive text.

Did i mention capped noobs and Beggars?

Zylx
04-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Bad grammar, ghetto dialect, beggars, capped noobs who have no clue what they are doing, beggars, random pt invites, random trades, beggars, people yelling trade me in pm, capped noobs who don't know what they are doing, afk people who suddenly awake at boss, gangers, slackers, hackers, capped noobs who don't know what they are doing, and most of all, predictive text.

Did i mention capped noobs and Beggars?

This is one of the reasons im not at cap yet. I dont care about reaching cap because capped player =/= experienced player. If i want to go to cap, it'd only be because of the accomplishment. I wouldnt sit there and farm exp for hours. That's not fun. Every little bit here and there, now that's fun. Again, cap means nothing. You can have someone lvl 41 who just started playing yesterday, and you can have someone lvl 5 who's been actively playing since beta.

Pet peeve: Presumption that the higher your level, the better you are.

Z
04-21-2014, 03:07 PM
People that are worried about spelling and grammar.

Serancha
04-22-2014, 08:50 AM
People who confuse spelling with grammar. They are not the same thing.....

CuteFrog
04-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks very useful...im learning

Candylicks
04-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Pet peeves:
Warriors no taunt in pve.
Sad pets
People asking what flavor candy
Pvp rage
Not owning up to a death and saying lag
Can't Plat rev at boss in elite maps
Rude players who call others noobs
Merchants try open trade
And people who come post on forums they have been banned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Candylicks
04-22-2014, 10:16 AM
And random friend requests. We run a map cool let's be friends. U take a second speak to me and sure why not. All the other ones I delete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DocDoBig
04-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Just think of this:

Kellhus
04-23-2014, 12:39 AM
Idm spelling errors I'm always meeting stiff up with auto spell so i end up typing to G'day and always got wrong key. it just goes me time to practice my Josiah.

Translation: idm spelling errors, im always messing stuff up with auto spell so i end up typing too fast and always hit wrong key. It just gives me time to practice my jibberish.

Hiosahaf
04-25-2014, 06:27 AM
Some people. .

It's IGN (In-Game Name) and NOT ING -.-

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Endkey
04-25-2014, 06:35 AM
Grammar Nazi, not Grammer Nazi
And its Natzi when u pronounce it...not Nazi lol
Edit: i messed up...said spell instead of pronounce lol

Kellhus
04-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Grammar Nazi, not Grammer Nazi
And its Natzi when u spell it...not Nazi lol

Lol

IshoootU
04-26-2014, 04:37 AM
1. I absolutely HATE warriors who obviously wait for you to hit a mob before they attack, instead of them tanking.
2. People who harass you for heal or mana just because your are a mage.
3. In Tinindrin there are people who wait for the party to clear mobs so they go straight to the boss and hope for a tooth.

there should be a special place in hell for these kind of people.

NovaZ
04-26-2014, 05:20 PM
1. When perverted kids auto think you're a female playing rogue.
2. Please look above
3. ^what 2 said

Raregem
04-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Getting bro'd all the time... Girls do play :)

Zylx
04-26-2014, 11:10 PM
2. People who harass you for heal or mana just because your are a mage.

I can totally relate. One time, i was running WT4 with a pug, this warrior kept spamming me with "mana" this "heal" that. When i told him to use potions, he began to swear at me, calling me "noob" and other names, and even threatened to report me for being a "noob mage". I told him "lol go ahead".

Khairi
04-26-2014, 11:35 PM
1. When perverted kids auto think you're a female playing rogue.
2. Please look above
3. ^what 2 said

Happened to me on my rogue twink. I just carry on being a "girl".

Zylx
04-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Happened to me on my rogue twink. I just carry on being a "girl".

Please dont go on and on about how Shakisha has a nicer purse than you or how Regina's waist size is 0.3 inches smaller than yours.

Doomreaper
04-27-2014, 12:45 AM
1) people not buying my stuff in Cs faster
2) people blaming me when I die in elites. How could it possibly be my fault???
3) people calling me noob just because I use smelly armor
4) random pts of people asking me to help on maps I'm not good enough to beat
5) that capping doesn't take less than an hour
6)that arcane pets don't drop from copper chests
7) that people don't randomly gift me mythic items
8) that my deary doesn't autokill mobs in elite tindirin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OtAtOtomustam
04-27-2014, 01:47 AM
I always operated under the assumption that most of the grammatical and spelling errors are due to the language barrier. I have always been tolerant of such errors as the English language is without doubt the most difficult language in the world to learn. In fact, I find it rather impressive that we have the current level of communication taking place; given the amount of different nationalities that make up the AL population, of which English is most certainly not their first language.

I also think that pointing out publicly grammatical and spelling errors due to language barriers will accomplish only one thing:

1) Further segregate the AL player base, by preventing people who are excellent players from interacting outside of their culture/language base due to a fear of being ridiculed.

Lol, I know if a team in Germany happened to create an awesome MMORPG but I had to mostly communicate in German. I would hope players would forgive my relatively minor language mistakes = P

Pet Peeves:

1) When I do not understand something (game mechanic, economy, etc)
2) When I realize an obvious "noob" mistake I have been doing
3) People who ridicule others that have a learning curve i.e sadistic children that take pleasure in hurting others. For some people the only way they can possibly elevate themselves is by brining down someone else. (no one who has posted on this thread so far fits this category IMO, but I encounter these type of players on a daily basis)

Zylx
04-27-2014, 02:44 AM
I always operated under the assumption that most of the grammatical and spelling errors are due to the language barrier. I have always been tolerant of such errors as the English language is without doubt the most difficult language in the world to learn. In fact, I find it rather impressive that we have the current level of communication taking place; given the amount of different nationalities that make up the AL population, of which English is most certainly not their first language.

I also think that pointing out publicly grammatical and spelling errors due to language barriers will accomplish only one thing:

1) Further segregate the AL player base, by preventing people who are excellent players from interacting outside of their culture/language base due to a fear of being ridiculed.

Lol, I know if a team in Germany happened to create an awesome MMORPG but I had to mostly communicate in German. I would hope players would forgive my relatively minor language mistakes = P

Pet Peeves:

3) People who ridicule others that have a learning curve i.e sadistic children that take pleasure in hurting others. For some people the only way they can possibly elevate themselves is by brining down someone else. (no one who has posted on this thread so far fits this category IMO, but I encounter these type of players on a daily basis)

I understand that the language barrier or mental disabilities may have an effect on the grammar/spelling issues in global MMOs, but that's not always the case. There are people who are pretty lazy when it comes to typing or texting. I can't do the "lol r u fer reel?" type of thing in texting without losing my mind. I'm one of those people who enjoy carrying a serious and intelligent conversation with someone.

As for the people who aren't quite fluent in english, i still lose my mind. I know they can't help it, but i hate having to read through a message numerous times to understand what they are saying. I know there are some really cool people out there, but i can't help it, lol.

Kellhus
04-29-2014, 04:16 PM

Pet Peeves:

Biggest pet peeve in or out of game: people acting haughty and hypocrits. Also people who can't let loose and have fun. Why analyse everything to death, relax.

Yea and i hate trying to read sentences that make no bloody sense. Sadly, it's not always non English speakers saying them.
For me, I'll shortcut it if i can because i find typing on device is utterly annoying.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

OtAtOtomustam
04-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Biggest pet peeve in or out of game: people acting haughty and hypocrits. Also people who can't let loose and have fun. Why analyse everything to death, relax.

Yea and i hate trying to read sentences that make no bloody sense. Sadly, it's not always non English speakers saying them.
For me, I'll shortcut it if i can because i find typing on device is utterly annoying.

I apologize if I gave that impression. In no way was my intention to be "haughty." When people at my office make fun of the cleaning crews that are usually made up by immigrants that have trouble understanding English but work hard and just try to put food on their families table it upsets me then too. That incidient happened just before I saw this thread perhaps thats why I choose to give my input the way I did on here. Secondly Zylx along with many other forum members who have posted on this thread I have a great level of respect for. I do not take a stance of superiority as someone who is "haughty" would, I am the noob here. Again I didnt mean to offened anyone or ruin any fun. I dont make fun of immigrants who cant speak English very well IRL and if we had been sitting at a bar drinking a beer and the exact same conversation happened amongst friends I would have said close to the exact same thing.

kjed
04-29-2014, 11:00 PM
ATTENTION SEEKERS ( who always post in forums like his rich,his pro,his the best, he knows everything) i can even name this persons if i want too..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Kellhus
04-30-2014, 02:14 AM
Lol. Person? You imply there is only one. :|

allplay
04-30-2014, 10:53 PM
When you pvp and everyone starts raging and fighting and try cussing each other out in windmoore (/).(\)