PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Speed

mrpredalien
12-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I have always wondered how this worked.
Is it faster if there's more number to the speed?
i.e. is 1.6 slower than 2.2?

Also does the speed mean the intervals between each attack
or the speed of the magic thing hitting the mob?

Sky../
12-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Lower number is faster

Estraz
12-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Lol... Who here thinks speed is more important than damage?

Pharcyde
12-21-2010, 02:46 AM

not me. Speed has nothing to do with it when in PvP battles it can be over with before your weapon even recharges

FluffNStuff
12-21-2010, 09:25 AM

Weapon speed is the absolute LEAST important stat for a mage of ANY kind.

Anedafay
12-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Lower number is faster

Is that so, I always thought of it as the higher the number the better (shots per second?)

FluffNStuff
12-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Is that so, I always thought of it as the higher the number the better (shots per second?)

It seconds per shot, actually, so lower is better.

Duke
12-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Low speed/high damage is better than high speed/low damage, since you're really not depending on your weapon for most of your damage, but your weapon's damage does influence the amount of damage your skills do.

mrpredalien
12-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh so it's second per shot? ok thx gotta tell my lil brother XD

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Oh so it's second per shot? ok thx gotta tell my lil brother XD

Yeah so if a wand has 0.7 as speed. That means the wand takes a little over half a second to cool down. If a staff has a speed of 1.5 then it means it takes one and one half of a second to cool down.

Low speed/high damage is better than high speed/low damage, since you're really not depending on your weapon for most of your damage, but your weapon's damage does influence the amount of damage your skills do.

Also weapon damage partially gets converted into your spells. So higher weapon damage = more powerful spells.

Only place I see weapon damage/speed being important is in PvP. That one blast most people usually get off in pvp can easily be enough to offset a kill. But if the battle doesn't end right away, the second blast can be enough to save your butt.

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
So if u have a rift weapon with good damage, spells become stronger?

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 03:30 PM
So if u have a rift weapon with good damage, spells become stronger?

Yes. They arn't really spells, they just get called spells commonly with enchantress's. They are skills and they get amplified by a powerful weapon no matter what class.

cuard
12-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Done worry about speed since mages have ausome skills

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Done worry about speed since mages have ausome skills

Only Birds really need to worry about speed. Once they hit 50 speed for them even doesn't matter anymore, because the mega blaster dominates fast or slow period.

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 03:34 PM
lol when pvping it's so unfair when they have mega blasters

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 04:08 PM
lol when pvping it's so unfair when they have mega blasters

Mega blaster's = noob pvp'ers. Most of them have no skill of the kind and rely on their gears to dominate. I personally am not a great PvPer but I am still better then your average lvl 50 in PvP. (Still learning the best ways to do the PvP combos, am not going to pay 500k for a combo :). )

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 04:33 PM
QUOTE=Pharcyde;150434]Mega blaster's = noob pvp'ers. Most of them have no skill of the kind and rely on their gears to dominate. I personally am not a great PvPer but I am still better then your average lvl 50 in PvP. (Still learning the best ways to do the PvP combos, am not going to pay 500k for a combo :). )[/QUOTE]

What Exactly kind of Combos do you use?? I mean the order of the skills, what do u have to do to win??[

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 07:55 PM
What Exactly kind of Combos do you use?? I mean the order of the skills, what do u have to do to win??[

That my friend is a secret :). I'm still refining mine. I am sure I will eventually get it to the point that I can sell it for 500k :).

I will give you a little tip though. Spells are slow to cast. So order your spells in the order of speeds.

mrpredalien
12-23-2010, 12:48 PM
That my friend is a secret :). I'm still refining mine. I am sure I will eventually get it to the point that I can sell it for 500k :).

I will give you a little tip though. Spells are slow to cast. So order your spells in the order of speeds.

You seem to have a lot of Secrets :) Still, thx for the tips

Pharcyde
12-23-2010, 03:10 PM
You seem to have a lot of Secrets :) Still, thx for the tips

Haha I actually don't. That and how much money I have are my only two secrets :).