PDA

View Full Version : Inflation coming in 3..2.1 *B U M*.

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 01:14 AM
The gap from the average players and plat buyers is about to get even bigger.
Why?

It seems sts decided to leave them kits.

As a human i find this to be a decent marketing move but as a player, a player like the majority that makes his daily gain farming elites, i find this to be a insane decision.

The only thing that made the Tindirin loots worth a decent amount is the fact the maps were hard. With the kits introduction the maps have gotten more simplier to run. The luck kits makes i easier to reroll for a pink.

I remember looting a pair of magmatic daggers brutality version and selling them for 1.7m and now i can barely sell them for 1/3 of that price...
The other day i looted a pair of magmatic daggers worth 5k.

Everyone knows those gears suck but they held high value because their supply was as low as their demand.

Now sts highers the supply while the demands keeps getting low.

Please sts unless a new wave of items are scheduled to come very soon and you are taking the last bites off the cake please just take those kits away, especially the luck kit and find more healthy ways that do no harm to the game's economy to make your profits.

Supply of farmable gears>>Demand = increase of the gap between myths and legendaries.

Maximumszzz
04-16-2014, 02:54 AM
economics 101 when supply>demand, price drops, therefore deflation for the lv 41 elite pinks

Energizeric
04-16-2014, 02:59 AM
I agree with you somewhat, however this will only push the price so low. Prices won't keep dropping, because eventually it will not be worth the gold investment to run these dungeons with elixirs if the potential reward is not big enough. And the elixir costs are price controlled since they are sold for a fixed plat price. Even at current prices, I'm not sure if it is worth it to purchase these elixirs and run elites with them. Basically you are getting one, possibly two drops for one half hour elixir. So spending 9k on a luck elixir for 2 drops is 4500 gold per drop, and that gives you a re-roll 25% of the time. That means you have to spend on average 18k per re-roll. I'm not sure if that is worth the cost when the price of elite golden chests is now down to 80k and the prices on many other items have fallen.

I think these elixirs are a new thing for many non-plat players, so they are going to try them out, but I think many of them are going to figure out in a hurry that it's not worth the investment, and then they will stop using them except for crate farming.

Anarchial
04-16-2014, 03:11 AM
Well I knew this was gonna happen. When I tried explaining this I was called selfish and self centred. There are three types of people playing the game:
1) The poor: players who never bought plat
2) The rich: players who have huge stock of plat and mainly pop crates
3) The mediocre: players who occasionally bought plat and farm all day to earn gold and items.

This item is actually good for the1st and 2nd type of players. 1st type of players have nothing to lose. All they do is gain. They now have so many lix at their hands and infact they actually make more money than ever before.

The 2nd type is also happy because now they dont have to spend plats on lix and instead save them for locked crates. They are least bothered about other items.

The 3rd type are the losers. Now they can no longer farm and make decent money. Even if they buy lix and sell its not really a good trade imho. Elite loots are becoming comedy now. Even the eggs that had high price have gone down. So if this tradeable lix becomes permanent all we can do is take part in contests and hope that one day we win, because farming aint be going to do much.

On a seperate note once everything will plummet arcane and mythic items will rise exponentially. :)

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 06:28 AM
I agree with you somewhat, however this will only push the price so low. Prices won't keep dropping, because eventually it will not be worth the gold investment to run these dungeons with elixirs if the potential reward is not big enough. And the elixir costs are price controlled since they are sold for a fixed plat price. Even at current prices, I'm not sure if it is worth it to purchase these elixirs and run elites with them. Basically you are getting one, possibly two drops for one half hour elixir. So spending 9k on a luck elixir for 2 drops is 4500 gold per drop, and that gives you a re-roll 25% of the time. That means you have to spend on average 18k per re-roll. I'm not sure if that is worth the cost when the price of elite golden chests is now down to 80k and the prices on many other items have fallen.

I think these elixirs are a new thing for many non-plat players, so they are going to try them out, but I think many of them are going to figure out in a hurry that it's not worth the investment, and then they will stop using them except for crate farming.

Trust me it worth the gold investment like i have already said in other threads regarding this kits : they give you free lix and free gold and it's only a matter of time before everyone discovers how to use them to their maximum potencial.

If sts had never communicated there will be new waves of BETTER items over time i swear i would have already quit the game because i have already seen this film before " Shuyal pt2: the revenge of the mythic items"

Lemme tell you the film, you have probably already seen it and it is strange you are not alarmed.

What made shuyal loots to rocket drop ? A glitch.

This time there are no glitches but Luck kits.
Luck kits whether we like it or not are going to make every farmable item to loose their value. When the majority of the farmers ig are running maps from backenridge to rockhorn summit with a 40% reroll you can't expect the value of the items to drop according to their natural speed.

At a point all items ingame will drop so low the supply will meet a range of new players that couldn't afford the items before and will gradually stop when this set of players are fed up of the item it's value falls again till it find a new set of poorer players and restabilize. This is how things work when supply>demand. Prices drop to draw the attention of the buyers.

This is the natural course of all items that aren't discontinued or plat related so it ok.... The problem is that kits accelerate the process.

If there weren't better gears than legendaries this would be a decent enconomy but there are myths and arcanes.

Farmers have always be crying that the legendary loots from shuyal didn't worth the stress and they couldn't make money and now we are accepting the fact the most valued items , Valued not because of their stats or the demand for them but because they were few, now drop ,as fast as possible, in larger quantities?

Well everyone just wait and see when the new myths come out the gap between the legendary items and them will already be so high you will have to farm your lives out just to get 1out of 5.

Wutzgood
04-16-2014, 06:55 AM
Well I knew this was gonna happen. When I tried explaining this I was called selfish and self centred. There are three types of people playing the game:
1) The poor: players who never bought plat
2) The rich: players who have huge stock of plat and mainly pop crates
3) The mediocre: players who occasionally bought plat and farm all day to earn gold and items.

This item is actually good for the1st and 2nd type of players. 1st type of players have nothing to lose. All they do is gain. They now have so many lix at their hands and infact they actually make more money than ever before.

The 2nd type is also happy because now they dont have to spend plats on lix and instead save them for locked crates. They are least bothered about other items.

The 3rd type are the losers. Now they can no longer farm and make decent money. Even if they buy lix and sell its not really a good trade imho. Elite loots are becoming comedy now. Even the eggs that had high price have gone down. So if this tradeable lix becomes permanent all we can do is take part in contests and hope that one day we win, because farming aint be going to do much.

On a seperate note once everything will plummet arcane and mythic items will rise exponentially. :)

Lol I'm one of those people in group 3 and I still have no problem making gold just farming locked still.

The problem is you are trying to farm elites which are very costly to run and the gear that drops is only mediocre. Most of the people who wanted the magma gear bought it already and now very few people want an armor set that's just not that good except for tanking warriors. The weapons are good but many people already have then so prices are dropping on those also. It happens every season.

Still not sure why people don't realize that farming elites is like Merching or opening locked crates. It's a gamble where you can hit it big or lose thousands in potions. And at the beginning of a season is when those items sell for the most. Once a few weeks go by the prices will drop. Just remember the best legendary Mage weapon last season was architect pylon and the price went from 2 mil to 500k in only 2 weeks.

utpal
04-16-2014, 07:02 AM
lol dude. i hav seen the market since season 2. always like this .nothing new.

Rare
04-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Well let me give my experience. I've been running tindirin elite since it was released. I always stack lep and luck elixir. I've gotten one legendary drop in that time. Magmatic blades of riposte. So I don't think the elixir are going to have any astronomical effect. The "poor" players will not be able to sustain the cost of elixir kits AND pots. For the handful of elite players that don't use plat, it may benefit them slightly.

But as I said, stacking elixir by no means guarantees a good drop.

It's natural that gear value will go down after the initial boom. Once the big buyers have theirs, the demand will go way down at high prices and stabilize for the middle class.

That being said, this doesn't account for merchs that want to control the market.

keikali
04-16-2014, 07:48 AM
For those who HAVE been running endgame elites since the last few expansions, you can clearly notice that the drop rate for Elite Pinks have drastically reduced.

Nowadays running with lix and lep you get green rerolls, back in the last cap it was NEVER this bad. There was definitely a undisclosed nerf to the drop rates which is intended giving the fact that they decided to also release tradeable elixirs.

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 07:55 AM
lol dude. i hav seen the market since season 2. always like this .nothing new.

At least recently things were getting better but now they ruined it.

I would like to have a means of making gold different from farming lockeds till they make me puke.

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Well let me give my experience. I've been running tindirin elite since it was released. I always stack lep and luck elixir. I've gotten one legendary drop in that time. Magmatic blades of riposte. So I don't think the elixir are going to have any astronomical effect. The "poor" players will not be able to sustain the cost of elixir kits AND pots. For the handful of elite players that don't use plat, it may benefit them slightly.

But as I said, stacking elixir by no means guarantees a good drop.

It's natural that gear value will go down after the initial boom. Once the big buyers have theirs, the demand will go way down at high prices and stabilize for the middle class.

That being said, this doesn't account for merchs that want to control the market.

It is not only the new gears that will go down at a faster rate.

Everything farmable not related to plats will drop.

Eggs, boxes and gears.

So you will be pratically gaining less money in general.

Wutzgood
04-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Just curious how exactly things got better? A new expansion was released with new gear. Price won't remain high on it for that long. It's the same as the past seasons.

Your example of magmatic daggers isn't a good one at all. It drops from one of the easiest bosses in the game so it's no wonder price dropped very quick on those. I picked up a pair within first week for only 30k.

And to judge how the lix kits are effecting the market just look at locked prices. They still sell for 13-14k each so prices haven't even dropped much on those. It won't effect elite drop gear prices. What will is it's just not that good of gear and not a lot of people want it.

Anarchial
04-16-2014, 08:12 AM
It is not only the new gears that will go down at a faster rate.

Everything farmable not related to plats will drop.

Eggs, boxes and gears.

So you will be pratically gaining less money in general.

Whatever I think of posting I see you already have posted :) and locked crate price already have dropped 3k from last week since tradeable kits were announced. So further down the line you can expect them to go to about 7-8k or max 9k like it happened during lep event.

I am sure more people will realize it unless they see it on their own eyes.
Like I said before even with nerfed drop rates if more people run maps with luck more will be the reroll chance and definitely more will be the chance of extra loot drop. Simple mathematics.

Suppose the drop rate of an elite pink with 40% luck is 0.01%. So for every 100 people 1 people gets an elite loot. Now since kits are available to ALL, now 1000 people are trying thereby getting 10 loots and so on. I hope you get what I mean to say.

And yes, I agree that elite loots always drops after the initial frenzy but this update will affect ALL PINKS.

Rare
04-16-2014, 08:13 AM
The only droppables from elite that it will effect are drops from earlier seasons (e.g Malison, Wrathjaw, Snag). The Nordr, Shuyal, and Tindirin drops will still be very tough to get, even with reroll.

Whatever I think of posting I see you already have posted :) and locked crate price already have dropped 3k from last week since tradeable kits were announced. So further down the line you can expect them to go to about 7-8k or max 9k like it happened during lep event.

This drop was totally expected even without the reroll. The prices jumped when the expansion came, plat sale happen, and people were looking for shards. After it dies down and people empty their plat stores who didn't expect them to come back down?

During the crate off season they generally stay between 8-12k. When new hot items are added, they will jump up again a bit. Unfortunately, the locked crates are a hoarders market. I know people that over have 500 in stock. Some as high as 1k. I really don't think NEW crates are going to be a problem.

Anarchial
04-16-2014, 08:22 AM
The only droppables from elite that it will effect are drops from earlier seasons (e.g Malison, Wrathjaw, Snag). The Nordr, Shuyal, and Tindirin drops will still be very tough to get, even with reroll.

This drop was totally expected even without the reroll. The prices jumped when the expansion came, plat sale happen, and people were looking for shards. After it dies down and people empty their plat stores who didn't expect them to come back down?

During the crate off season they generally stay between 8-12k. When new hot items are added, they will jump up again a bit. Unfortunately, the locked crates are a hoarders market. I know people that over have 500 in stock. Some as high as 1k. I really don't think NEW crates are going to be a problem.

Well maybe its true what you are saying, but based on what I saw I found that the price dropped after 2-3days of tradeable kits update. Maybe it could be a coincidence. And since the last 6 months I have been playing I never seen locked crates go below 11k except during the lep event when there was a surplus of luck

Wutzgood
04-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Locked prices haven't fallen since lix kits have come out. Still selling for 13-14k each. They dropped after the plat sale ended which is a normal occurrence. Whenever there is a plat sale prices go up then return to normal when sale is over. Kits haven't effected locked prices at all.

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Well maybe its true what you are saying, but based on what I saw I found that the price dropped after 2-3days of tradeable kits update. Maybe it could be a coincidence. And since the last 6 months I have been playing I never seen locked crates go below 11k except during the lep event when there was a surplus of luck

And this time it is permanent luck available when you want.

And some still say items won't devalue.

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Locked prices haven't fallen since lix kits have come out. Still selling for 13-14k each. They dropped after the plat sale ended which is a normal occurrence. Whenever there is a plat sale prices go up then return to normal when sale is over. Kits haven't effected locked prices at all.
One question:
Personally why do you buy luck kits wutz? :)

Wutzgood
04-16-2014, 09:19 AM
One question:
Personally why do you buy luck kits wutz? :)

I don't lol. Unless there is an event going on like the level 36 mythic weapon weekend where 50 plat in lix made 1.5 mil in 2 days worth of locked.

Shazbot or klaas give me mine or I run with just leprechaun/jack amulet. Locked show up either way and I gain 2k per hour from liquidating crap if I don't find any. It's always guaranteed gold which is why I run it instead of elite maps. These kits won't effect the prices as much as you think they will.

Otherwise the leprechaun amulet would have killed the locked market since it's a real permanent reroll. Gamblers are always gonna gamble so locked will always sell. Some days are good and some are bad.

Anarchial
04-16-2014, 10:11 AM

Locked crates are no longer marked at 13k-14k. They were 15k before update and after plat sale. And now they sell from 11.5k to 12.5k. I am an avid locked crate seller and my entire business is around locked crates. So I am 100% certain of my info.

Edit: But I sincerely pray I am wrong and that u r right the next time I log in

Rare
04-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Locked crates are no longer marked at 13k-14k. They were 15k before update and after plat sale. And now they sell from 11.5k to 12.5k. I am an avid locked crate seller and my entire business is around locked crates. So I am 100% certain of my info.

Right... 15k because of speculation and hoarding... then plat sale.

Now that the plat from the plat sale has been used, they are coming back down. Before the expansion they were selling on cs from 11.5-12.5k as I bought 150ish at around 10.5k

Right now (and before elixir kits), the supply FAR outweighs the demand. And I suspect the price is being kept at its level artificially by people hoarding them.

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't lol. Unless there is an event going on like the level 36 mythic weapon weekend where 50 plat in lix made 1.5 mil in 2 days worth of locked.

Shazbot or klaas give me mine or I run with just leprechaun/jack amulet. Locked show up either way and I gain 2k per hour from liquidating crap if I don't find any. It's always guaranteed gold which is why I run it instead of elite maps. These kits won't effect the prices as much as you think they will.

Otherwise the leprechaun amulet would have killed the locked market since it's a real permanent reroll. Gamblers are always gonna gamble so locked will always sell. Some days are good and some are bad.

I am not talking only about lockeds but all items from malison eggs to magmatic claymores.

But you just helped me explain my point by introducing: leps.

Imagine the game without leprechaun amulets...don't you think there would be generally less lockeds and items around??? :)

Hiosahaf
04-16-2014, 11:24 AM
I am not talking only about but all items from malison egg to magmatic claymore.

But you just helped explain my point by introducing: leps.

Imagine the game without leprechaun amulets...don't you think there would be generally less lockeds and items around??? :)

I can't imagine farming without lep and elixir kits! (Non plat user here)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Wutzgood
04-16-2014, 11:47 AM
I am not talking only about but all items from malison egg to magmatic claymore.

But you just helped explain my point by introducing: leps.

Of course but before the leprechaun came out it was almost impossible to make gold. Since getting one I've had no problems making gold and I'm a shopaholic and an equipment hoarder.

Bigboyblue
04-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Low end items like locks and certain eggs will decrease in price. I wouldn't think they would drop in price as low as the St. Pattys day event because those were in essence free elxirs. Everyone was running with luck on all runs. These kits will be manly used for farming locks. Too costly for most players to use for elite runs. Some richer people will buy them for elites but I think a lot of people will still use plat.

aarrgggggg
04-16-2014, 12:01 PM
The gap between plat buyers and non plat buyers becomes bigger with every single day. This gap has been widening for many seasons now its nothing new.
The damage has already been done and has reached an irreversible level.

Honestly this game no longer has much to offer the new players with the current market of grossly overpriced items. Imo 100m for 1 item is a joke.
Its rather plain to see that BIG plat spenders have spent Thousands and thousands of real dollars to attain items. And they want to be compensated for their real world investment.

The problem is that new players enter this game and have no way to earn any substantial amount of gold other than by buying/using plat.

It is because of this New players will continue to decrease in number and existing players will become more and more few.

Arcane legends is a Dying game due to the irreversible impact that the select few, Huge Plat spenders have on this game and their outright greediness.

Eventually the top Merchants will have noone to sell their overpriced items to but themselves. (this is already the case)

Enjoy playing with yourselves!! (O.o)

utpal
04-16-2014, 12:19 PM
The gap between plat buyers and non plat buyers becomes bigger with every single day. This gap has been widening for many seasons now its nothing new.

Honestly this game no longer has much to offer the new players with the current market of grossly overpriced items. Imo 100m for 1 item is a joke.
Its rather plain to see that BIG plat spenders have spent Thousands and thousands of real dollars to attain items. And they want to be compensated for their real world investment.

The problem is that new players enter this game and have no way to earn any substantial amount of gold other than by buying/using plat.

It is because of this New players will continue to decrease in number and existing players will become more and more few.

Arcane legends is a Dying game due to the irreversible impact that the select few, Huge Plat spenders have on this game and their outright greediness.

Eventually the top Merchants will have noone to sell their overpriced items to but themselves. (this is already the case)

i disagree with u. arcane legends r growing and will be growing. about tht 100m+ item it is an arcane item. so crate openers should always hav tht upperhand as they r contributing much to the f2p game.

AL gives basic things for free such as inventory and character slots (story tokens).
even good pets. and also the teeth vendor gives such elite items free.
only one needs to spend alot time.
as money is always used to save time.

one can even get 10-20k from dailies.
there r much more things too.
and for me this is best MMO game. (thts y i quit pl and sl).

rook storm
04-16-2014, 12:20 PM

Well said

Merrrrrrrked
04-16-2014, 12:22 PM

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. Plat spending is the basis of making money in this game. Imagine how many KM3 runs it would take to get Midas touch...

I'd honestly have preferred to had a plat free p2p game (monthly subscription) from the start with maybe a free trial to get people hooked. I've never seen a game where the basis of the economy was based on platinum. The sheer fact that an arcane ring is selling for nearly 100m (correct me if I'm wrong) is indicative of the terrible state of the economy. STG has done a good job making a game which they can profit from but i think they've lost touch with the reason people play games.

Runescape went through a similar phase of inflation years ago and their solution was quite clever. They implemented a market value price for items based on sales in the CS. The price would go up if not many were for sale and it would go down if there were too many of a specific item for sale.

The system would also let you know of this market value in trades and alert you if the person you're trading is ripping you off, or trying to scam you.

You could also track the value of items over time on Runescapes website and see graphs of the item price history. It was genius and one of the best solutions to inflation and scamming i have seen to this date.

Back to the OP, I agree that the gold drops do just add to the inflation and should be removed.

I really think that locked crates should have been removed a year ago after their first release. The net effect on the game has been negative in my opinion.

I don't expect this game to last longer than the end of this year at the rate things are going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Of course but before the leprechaun came out it was almost impossible to make gold. Since getting one I've had no problems making gold and I'm a shopaholic and an equipment hoarder.

So if the leprechauns makes dropping valued items Easier....
Don't it makes sense to you the kits will make dropping valued items even more Easier?....

When things are easy to loot thier value drop. It is as simple as that.

The consequence of this is that the gap between the legendary gears and the mythic gears( which value do not drop as fast as the legendaries because not all can pop crates and lep do not apply to them) will grow fast maybe not faster than last season because there was a glitch but definately faster than a normal season without Luck kits distribution.

falmear
04-16-2014, 01:02 PM
As I outlined in another thread, the part of the problem is crafting and upgrades. If people spend plat on this they except some return on their plat. Locked crates are fine because if you spend plat it doesn't mean you will get anything of value. But when people start pouring money into something they know will eventually pay off, then they expect getting as much as they can in return. This will happen with the next round of mythics. Don't be surprised to see 40m+ for fully upgraded.

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 01:08 PM
As I outlined in another thread, the part of the problem is crafting and upgrades. If people spend plat on this they except some return on their plat. Locked crates are fine because if you spend plat it doesn't mean you will get anything of value. But when people start pouring money into something they know will eventually pay off, then they expect getting as much as they can in return. This will happen with the next round of mythics. Don't be surprised to see 40m+ for fully upgraded.

This is another big big problem.

Rare
04-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Losing some "value" would be good for AL IMO

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Losing some "value" would be good for AL IMO

Only for the mythics and arcanes...legendary gears downwards should be kept as high as possible.
Those who pop crates might not have a problem if legendary gears value drop but who doesn't yes.

As for me i can be considered a average plat player i don't pop crates, the little plats i buy all go into farming and pets and for now i am ok with the game.
The day i will notice AL has finally become P2W and i have no possibility to ever reach the best items through farming(at least not in this life ex: arcane ring) i am moving out.

aarrgggggg
04-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Only for the mythics and arcanes...legendary gears downwards should be kept as high as possible.
Those who pop crates might not have a problem if legendary gears value drop but who doesn't yes.

As for me i can be considered a average plat player i don't pop crates, the little plats i buy all go into farming and pets and for now i am ok with the game.
The day i will notice AL has finally become P2W and i have no possibility to ever reach the best items through farming(at least not in this life ex: arcane ring) i am moving out. Been there done that got the t-shirt to prove it. Play this game long enough and you will see it too. I have since moved on to other things that do not take my every waking second working towards an unattainable goal. Farm 10,000 lockeds and u can have midas touch title too.
(I think i would gouge my eyes out long before 10,000 lockeds from sheer boredom)
Although i still log from time to time to say hello to old friends and for nostalgia purposes, since i did spend 8-9 months playing this game everyday.

Energizeric
04-16-2014, 03:28 PM
I think the elite magmatic items are still expensive enough to warrant farming elites. Just yesterday I got a level 40 magmatic claymore of tactics, which is obviously the worst of the 3 types of claymores, and only a level 40, and I was still able to sell for 200k within 5 hours of listing in the auction.

We will see what happens over the next few weeks, but ideally these items will hold their value until the next round of items in this new itemization plan are released. Keep in mind that these new elixirs are only worth the cost if the elite legendary items stay pricey enough. If they become devalued the way the architect items were least season, then nobody is going to buy these elixirs. Nobody is going to spend 18k per re-roll if the best item you can re-roll is only worth 80k.

Anarchist
04-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Just the other day i looted a pair of lv 41 magmatic daggers of riposte worth 5k. :)

falmear
04-16-2014, 04:01 PM
I think the elite magmatic items are still expensive enough to warrant farming elites. Just yesterday I got a level 40 magmatic claymore of tactics, which is obviously the worst of the 3 types of claymores, and only a level 40, and I was still able to sell for 200k within 5 hours of listing in the auction.

Really at 200k this is just covering pots use depending on how many times you have to run to loot one. I agree with you that farming elites right now can make decent amount of gold. But a lot of stuff is not worth that much. The only stuff thats really netting a lot is the best stuff. Everything else has dropped to a point if you are lucky is covering your pots.

Jexetta
04-16-2014, 04:01 PM
@ Merked farming locked crates for midas :

At the current locked selling price of 12,000ish in auction with an approximate 11,000 profit after factoring in the auction fee you would need 9,090 locked crates to sell in the auction house.

I typically get 10 locked crates in an hour running solo or with a fast team in KM3. That's while running with a luck elixer and with a lep amulet.

So you would need to farm for 909 hours (almost 23 weeks of full time work) in order to achieve the amount of locked crates to sell for that midas touch AP.

That's not entirely the full picture though because you would need to buy luck elixers 2 per hour for the 30 minute version. I can't remember, but the 30 minute luck elixer is 4 platinum? so 8 plat per hour x 909 hours = 7,272 platinum used while farming locked crates for midas.

Amicusdei
04-16-2014, 06:04 PM
There is also a scattered release of items that was mentioned in the announcement threads before the latest expansion.
It was intended to prevent "staling" of the first items released.
If that is the case, more and better loots yet to come.
Any dev care to comment?

Wutzgood
04-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Just the other day i looted a pair of lv 41 magmatic daggers of riposte worth 5k. :)

As I've said this is from one of the easiest elite bosses in game. The other levels drop magma items that even the cheapest sell for 200k or more. You have to try harder maps for better items.

You can't complain about a perfect arcane ring selling for 100 mil gold when its:

1-the best item in game
2-filled with the most expensive gems
3-those gems are perfect
4-it was one if the first to be crafted

That being said it should sell for that price.

This game has become less of a p2p game recently by allowing you to buy character, auction and inventory slots with story tokens. You used to have to buy the 70 platinum bundle pack just to have enough inventory slots to survive in the game.

Hydenco
04-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Its easy, make plat tradeable.

Anarchist
04-17-2014, 01:23 AM
As I've said this is from one of the easiest elite bosses in game. The other levels drop magma items that even the cheapest sell for 200k or more. You have to try harder maps for better items.

You can't complain about a perfect arcane ring selling for 100 mil gold when its:

1-the best item in game
2-filled with the most expensive gems
3-those gems are perfect
4-it was one if the first to be crafted

That being said it should sell for that price.

This game has become less of a p2p game recently by allowing you to buy character, auction and inventory slots with story tokens. You used to have to buy the 70 platinum bundle pack just to have enough inventory slots to survive in the game.

LoL i don't want character slots plz tell me how having character slots will help me in pvp or pve.

Think in big.

I understand the arcane ring is this and that and for me could cost 500m it doesn't matter.

Mythic and arcanes can cost a hell amount of gold BUT as far as the game offers we average players the possibility of gaining decent money to reach these 100m items in a lifetime we are fine with it.

At the point we are before someone that doesn't pop crates can reach 100m he is already a grandpa and i am not ready to do that. Sorry.

Stuff do devalue and i know that very well but

WHY...Why make them devalue at a faster rate introducing Lix kits, especially the Luck one, and given them a long stay.

Makes no sense.

FYI i am not a lazy player, i want to play and i really know what i am doing plus i farm everything in the game, caves included.

Wutzgood
04-17-2014, 07:00 AM
LoL i don't want character slots plz tell me how having character slots will help me in pvp or pve.

Think in big.

I understand the arcane ring is this and that and for me could cost 500m it doesn't matter.

Mythic and arcanes can cost a hell amount of gold BUT as far as the game offers we average players the possibility of gaining decent money to reach these 100m items in a lifetime we are fine with it.

At the point we are before someone that doesn't pop crates can reach 100m he is already a grandpa and i am not ready to do that. Sorry.

Stuff do devalue and i know that very well but

WHY...Why make them devalue at a faster rate introducing Lix kits, especially the Luck one, and given them a long stay.

Makes no sense.

FYI i am not a lazy player, i want to play and i really know what i am doing plus i farm everything in the game, caves included.

I never said you needed character slots although they will help you make gold. I have 6 guys (3 mains and 3 twinks) that I check klaas 2x a day each and shazbot once a day each. Thats 18 chances for reroll lix per day. I run those and have no problem making money every day.

I was mainly pointing out before they were purchasable with tokens you had to save some plat to increase your inventory cause 25 slots was never gonna be enough. Back then you needed platinum for that at the very least. Now you don't need it at all except for a few pets that are plat exclusive.

For me as a collector I don't have a problem with gear dropping in price cause I can pick it up for cheap. As long as locked prices stay above 10k I'll always be able to make gold and kits won't drop them below that price.

Remember It's those plat buyers that open crates that keep their price high. As long as people continue to open them gold will always flow in. I love those gamblers.

cindersx
04-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Its easy, make plat tradeable.

Make plat tradeable? Why would you make plat tradeable? How would that help?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Anarchist
04-17-2014, 07:54 AM
I never said you needed character slots although they will help you make gold. I have 6 guys (3 mains and 3 twinks) that I check klaas 2x a day each and shazbot once a day each. Thats 18 chances for reroll lix per day. I run those and have no problem making money every day.

I was mainly pointing out before they were purchasable with tokens you had to save some plat to increase your inventory cause 25 slots was never gonna be enough. Back then you needed platinum for that at the very least. Now you don't need it at all except for a few pets that are plat exclusive.

For me as a collector I don't have a problem with gear dropping in price cause I can pick it up for cheap. As long as locked prices stay above 10k I'll always be able to make gold and kits won't drop them below that price.

Remember It's those plat buyers that open crates that keep their price high. As long as people continue to open them gold will always flow in. I love those gamblers.

Actually i would have prefered sts to keep their character, inventory and auction slots only buyable with plat cause woooah those were good plat burners that didn't affect market.

At least there wouldn't have been any need of making kits that ruin the economy to convince players that stopped buying those slots to now use the plat on kits.

This was a big fail.

Wutzgood
04-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Actually i would have prefered sts to keep their character, inventory and auction slots only buyable with plat cause woooah those were good plat burners that didn't affect market.

At least there wouldn't have been any need of making kits that ruin the economy to convince players that stopped buying those slots to now use the plat on kits.

This was a big fail.

I guess we will have to see what happens. If locked don't drop below 10k because of it, it won't affect my gold income at all. As of now I'm still selling locked for 12-13k each with kits available.

I don't see it effecting the economy much. Elite pink gear was gonna drop in price anyway, now that a few weeks has gone by. It happens every season. The only magma gear not worth farming at all is the magma daggers tho. They have been cheap since the first day elite maps came out because of how easy the boss is.