PDA

View Full Version : Does literally no one do This Ends Now?

TOASTYTorpedo
12-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Ok so i'm level 50 and i'm trying to get to Victory Lap but honestly cannot find a decent enough group to finish This Ends Now, let alone find one in the first place.

Do people just not do this at all?

EDIT: I just realized that it could be due to everyone doing the Christmas events.

UPDATE: I just finished it with a group that potted up and did it legitimate. Thanks for your comments. =)

Pharcyde
12-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I remember when the entire host list was this ends now in the good ol days.

No one does it because they are running Victory Lap Keeper farming. Gear is worthless now so everyone gave up and are just trying to get cyber.

Ptoast
12-16-2010, 10:34 PM
The first time I did it I was in a group with 2 level 50's and the other 2, Including me, were between 46 and 48 and we all used a tank pot. Every time I've gone to that level since then, the group I'm with won't pot up and we've had to glitch him. God I hate that strategy, takes soooo long to defeat him. I never really thought about it but you don't see a whole lot of This Ends Now! being played.

Ellyidol
12-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I suggest just make the game, try to do what you can, and hopefully others like you or some 50s would wanna join and finish it.

Pharcyde
12-16-2010, 10:36 PM
^^ It used to be played all the time. Back when gears were super expensive and overlord had the best drops.

Ellyidol
12-16-2010, 10:45 PM
^ True, when we did runs we occasionally did a OL map since it apparently drops OL gear more. Idk though, since I've only ever gotten a few in the OL map while most in VL. :D

Ayrilana
12-16-2010, 10:47 PM
You'll eventually have people to do that map since they'll need to beat it to unlock VL.

Pharcyde
12-16-2010, 10:48 PM
^ True, when we did runs we occasionally did a OL map since it apparently drops OL gear more. Idk though, since I've only ever gotten a few in the OL map while most in VL. :D

I always use the lorekeepers as drop rate guides. VL may be fast boss farms but the drop rates are less *Obviously*. If the lorekeeper drops all greys and whites with the chance of a yellow or green then the maps drop rate sucks. When you can get plasma axes off of lorekeepers and most items droped are green-purple that means the drops are good. So thats why I still like farming OL.

Ellyidol
12-16-2010, 10:52 PM
I always use the lorekeepers as drop rate guides. VL may be fast boss farms but the drop rates are less *Obviously*. If the lorekeeper drops all greys and whites with the chance of a yellow or green then the maps drop rate sucks. When you can get plasma axes off of lorekeepers and most items droped are green-purple that means the drops are good. So thats why I still like farming OL.

Interesting. The mini-bosses before the Keeper room in VL does drop pinks often, though they are those Ao2 kind of pinks, idk if that counts.

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes, some of the mini bosses in VL drop ao2 pinks. But since Ol, Gurg, etc, all but Tpaxx, drop the same loot as their earlier map counterparts, I don't see why there should be any difference in them. Just bc the other monsters drop one thing, doesn't mean the others drop the same. All baddies are their own people, and VL Tpaxx proves it.

Pharcyde
12-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, some of the mini bosses in VL drop ao2 pinks. But since Ol, Gurg, etc, all but Tpaxx, drop the same loot as their earlier map counterparts, I don't see why there should be any difference in them. Just bc the other monsters drop one thing, doesn't mean the others drop the same. All baddies are their own people, and VL Tpaxx proves it.

But how often they drop is effected, Not what they drop.

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 11:47 PM
How do you know?

I mean, bosses like Vyx, you know the helm is super rare. But with ao3 bosses, it's not so easy to tell the rarity.

Fyrce
12-17-2010, 01:23 AM
If you're really that desperate to finish This Ends Now! and all you can find are glitch groups, then what's the problem? It's done, right?

Yes, it's a pain, but it does work. Just get a bird or two willing to die. Hit him, die, rez, repeat. Takes longer than other way but come on, the first time I did OL, mages weren't even allowed in his room, etc. It did seem to take forever (not sure if as long as glitch) but really, does no one rise to challenges now that there're level 50s to yell at for help?

Even though boss is like the original boss' baby brother?

It's kind of weird these level 50s who haven't finished Ao3 yet... Just weird.