PDA

View Full Version : Scammed >_>

Sigkill
12-16-2010, 11:32 PM
So, while i was lvling one of my friends in ao2, one of my old friends from a while back was there also. I told him he could use my rift set for a few mins while he was there. I didnt need the rift because i was using china's void (china meet me tomorrow for it back thanks.) anyways so midway through lvling he asks me if I want my rift back now. I told him to hang onto it for 5 more mins. about 1 min later he leaves, i check to see if he is still on my friend's list. so, yea he was on my friend's list. 5 mins later i check again to see if he's on. Not only is he not on but all his characters who i had added were no longer on my list. I guess one could draw to conclusions what happened. So, i doubt the devs or w/e will help me because i can already predict the answer "it isn't our fault", and that's totally right it isn't their fault. and i have a feeling there will be a few people calling me a dumbass for doing something so stupid. I didn't lend my rift set to some random person, i lent it to someone i've known for months and have been good friends with. So what's there to do know. Well, first i'm gonna email the devs just to see if they have some decency, and next i'm gonna wait 1 week for him to message me back (yeah right T_T). Then if i dont get my set back i'm prolly gonna call it quits. Anyways w/e if you see Roarwi or Rowan on send him a message and tell him to give me back my set.

Ellyidol
12-16-2010, 11:34 PM
1. You weren't scammed, not in any way.

2. This doesn't necessarily mean he/she ran off with your items, if all his/her characters disappeared, they could have accidentally pressed the ignore button next to your name. Happened to me a lot before, and apparently it ignores you on all your characters of that account. So before you go accusing you can try to sort it out.

Sigkill
12-16-2010, 11:51 PM
-sigh- elly, what would you do in my situation

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Try to get someone else to contact the person who you know is a friend of theirs. If after a few days, others have contacted the person and you still don't hear from them, might wanna assume it's gone.

Ellyidol
12-16-2010, 11:55 PM
^ Yup, same thing.

Or actually try to catch him in the same town. Use normal chat to try and tell him. Does he have a forum account?

Sigkill
12-17-2010, 12:01 AM
hmmm, i doubt he's on the forums, and i found sum1 who is friends with him, but my dad confiscated my phone ffs and i wont get it back till tomorrow

Ellyidol
12-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Mmmm other than what was said already, there's really no other way to get to him. Its not like you can ask a dev to get to him since he hasn't really done anything technically wrong, other than morally.

Another reason why you don't lend gear unless you don't expect it back. Lesson learned yeah?