PDA

View Full Version : University/Game Design?

Skeletonlord
04-17-2014, 07:25 AM
Hi all,

As you may know, I am currently at college. I am doing a course which lasts for 2 years (this year and the next), and we have been told to start thinking about the future. I don't really know what I want to do when college is over.

I was wondering, what choices would you guys say I have if I want to go into programming and designing games? This would be a very interesting subject for me to study.

We have been told that we could go onto getting a job, doing an apprenticeship, or going to university. What other things could I have the choice of?

Thank you, Skeletonlord

razerfingers
04-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Pretty much those three choices is what you can do skelly. :)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

XghostzX
04-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Make a side hobby - like, starting creating a cool program NOW. You never never how it could turn out in two, three, or four years. I don't think I'll be going into programming (though it's very cool), but I always dreamed of making my own game.

Maybe one day you can own your own game/studio like STS :D

Skeletonlord
04-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Make a side hobby - like, starting creating a cool program NOW. You never never how it could turn out in two, three, or four years. I don't think I'll be going into programming (though it's very cool), but I always dreamed of making my own game.

Maybe one day you can own your own game/studio like STS :D

Leading on to your last point, "maybe I can own my own game", one of the units I have to do is create a computer game. Hopefully that unit should give me some insight into it :)

I could start creating a game and looking into it now. Might be a good idea. Thanks!

@razerfingers okay, I'll probably go onto work or another course at college (maybe game design)

razerfingers
04-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Leading on to your last point, "maybe I can own my own game", one of the units I have to do is create a computer game. Hopefully that unit should give me some insight into it :)

I could start creating a game and looking into it now. Might be a good idea. Thanks!

@razerfingers okay, I'll probably go onto work or another course at college (maybe game design)

Thats fun! Like i wanted to go into buisness management to have my own clothing line/brand but i decided to do that because fashion design school its too expensive for me and woukd rather not be in dept for rest of my life haha

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall