PDA

View Full Version : Kit Version For Speeding uptime of Upgrading Gems

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Had this idea today from Elixir kits if there can be a kit for speeding up of time for upgrade process of Gems ..

Give your opinion on this guys..
Devs or Mods reply too plz..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Zeus
04-17-2014, 10:02 AM
I think this idea has both its ups and downs.

It would first reduce the amount of scamming that goes on from crafters taking items, although I haven't heard of any of these cases.

On the other hand, it would severely reduce the prices of supergems.

So, I would say an overall no.

Titanfall
04-17-2014, 10:04 AM
I think this idea has both its ups and downs.

It would first reduce the amount of scamming that goes on from crafters taking items, although I haven't heard of any of these cases.

On the other hand, it would severely reduce the prices of supergems.

So, I would say an overall no.
Agreed

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Ummm.. How much kits are in Market gets controlled By Plat users only..
Whats your opinion on this?

Zeus
04-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Ummm.. How much kits are in Market gets controlled By Plat users only..
Whats your opinion on this?

And there are a lot of plat users. The reason that super gems are worth so much on arcane gear is that there's a very small market of players who can craft them.

Personally, I think that gems like these should keep their value or we will see them worth about as much as they are on legendary or lower gear. However, that may be the merchant in me speaking.

Although, if they are worth about as much on legendary or lower gear, then what happens to normal gems? It may be expected to have supers with these kits floating about.

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Another take on this can be that there are limited items to upgrade..
On da Merch side of view these kits may attract more gold towards plat users .. besides helping non plat users..
Thirdly.. This will motivate non plat users to learn to merch to earn gold to buy these kits.. hence more and better game play.. rather than the game be only left for pvp

Zeus
04-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Another take on this can be that there are limited items to upgrade..
On da Merch side of view these kits may attract more gold towards plat users ..

If these upgrade kits did not apply to mythic and arcane items, then it might work. Still though, this is rather controversial.

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 10:14 AM
I edited my previous post.. pl see

Zeus
04-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Also, remember...all these kits = putting gold back into the hands of the platinum users. Having a method to consolidate gold quickly is not good for the economy as the economy should be trickle down, not trickle up since there are no services that require the wealthy to contribute back to the population which is what is required for a trickle up economy to succeed.

Zeus
04-17-2014, 10:15 AM
I edited my previous post.. pl see

I responded in a way that actually makes it detrimental to non platinum users to allow so many kit packs to exist.

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Well.. kits attract non plat users towards playing the game rather than give up hope and leave game only for plat users..
This keeps balance on number of players which are plat users and non plat users..

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Kits are a good way to keep players interested. . Keep STG live for us to create more fun ^_^ on da positive side

Anarchist
04-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Kits suck.

The longer they are left the heavier thier bad impact on the economy will be evident.

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Kits suck.

The longer they are left the heavier thier bad impact on the economy will be evident.
Lets wait n watch

Zeus
04-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Well.. kits attract non plat users towards playing the game rather than give up hope and leave game only for plat users..
This keeps balance on number of players which are plat users and non plat users..

I'll explain why they're bad if there's a kit for everything in the game:

1. The money travels upward, to the rich players, not downwards and then eventually circulating like in a healthy economy.
2. If money is traveling upwards, who is going to buy your loot with the crates? The rich? No, they already have what they need from locked crates and other various methods.
3. The middle class buys the elite items, so if the money is traveling upwards, again...who are you going to be selling to if the middle class is broke? That's just shooting yourself in the foot.
4. It may keep players interested short-term, but that's the short term. Eventually, elixir kits will grow to be the norm and the actual loot that you get from elixir kits will be worth very less. This applies to crafting elixir kits, because if everybody can craft super gems and speed it up, super gems are certainly not going to be worth that much. The way it currently exists, a free player can have a chance of gemming up super and make tons of profit.

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 12:13 PM
I'll explain why they're bad if there's a kit for everything in the game:

1. The money travels upward, to the rich players, not downwards and then eventually circulating like in a healthy economy.
2. If money is traveling upwards, who is going to buy your loot with the crates? The rich? No, they already have what they need from locked crates and other various methods.
3. The middle class buys the elite items, so if the money is traveling upwards, again...who are you going to be selling to if the middle class is broke? That's just shooting yourself in the foot.
4. It may keep players interested short-term, but that's the short term. Eventually, elixir kits will grow to be the norm and the actual loot that you get from elixir kits will be worth very less. This applies to crafting elixir kits, because if everybody can craft super gems and speed it up, super gems are certainly not going to be worth that much. The way it currently exists, a free player can have a chance of gemming up super and make tons of profit.

Ok.. how about this..
Buy a super gem upgrading kit for 10, 20 or 40 Dragkin teeth...
No plats included now..
What do you say?

Zeus
04-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Ok.. how about this..
No plats included now..
What do you say?

Now I think that's a decent idea, but no money involved for STG. xD

Anarchist
04-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Ok.. how about this..
No plats included now..
What do you say?

No No No
You are removing a potencial source of income for sts this way.

So they will be forced to compensate the loss of the plat burnt from speed ups by making new kits or something worse.

Character, inventory and auction slots were all good plat burners and they were given for free due to players pressure and now in their place we have kits which are way worser cause the previous plat sinks didn't affect the economy the way kits do.

You ask for free things they give them to you and compensate with something worse. ._.

Linkincena
04-17-2014, 12:35 PM
No No No
You are removing a potencial source of income for sts this way.

So they will be forced to compensate the loss of the plat burnt from speed ups by making new kits or something worse.

Character, inventory and auction slots were all good plat burners and they were given for free due to players pressure and now in their place we have kits which are way worser cause the previous plat sinks didn't affect the economy the way kits do.

You ask for free things they give them to you and compensate with something worse. ._.

Well kits have increased the plat flow in game.. don't u think?

Anarchist
04-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Well kits have increased the plat flow in game.. don't u think?

Flow to sts? Yes.

There were created purposely for that.

falmear
04-17-2014, 01:03 PM
I like this idea. And the reasons against it are just people trying to protect their profits. If it was a skill that someone could specialize in then that would be one thing. But it just requires paying someone else who is willing to take the risk to spend money on upgrading your item for you. Why is this allows? What you are paying them for can't be added to the trade window. This is effectively trading plat for gold. And if you can't add it to the trade window is against the TOS. And STS should not allow this. Or at the very least give others the same opportunity to profit from crafting/upgrades.

elmanco
04-20-2014, 07:59 PM
I think its better that u can lower only to 50% of the time of 1 item by doing a hard quest to get some escence (and u can buy it half the plat of full time upgrade)

Lol i dunno im being clear...so tired

Morholt
04-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Sounds good, but would be hard to implement. Not all upgrades/crafts take the same amount of time. Then the fact that there would be instances of waiting 10 hours and then wanting to finish off the timer with kits.

Would kits buy off the platinum equivalent of 1 hour? And then we have to have 20+ of them in our inventory to finish something?
Sounds annoying to me.

Nice idea, but seems like a pain to implement it.

Linkincena
04-21-2014, 05:10 AM
Sounds good, but would be hard to implement. Not all upgrades/crafts take the same amount of time. Then the fact that there would be instances of waiting 10 hours and then wanting to finish off the timer with kits.

Would kits buy off the platinum equivalent of 1 hour? And then we have to have 20+ of them in our inventory to finish something?
Sounds annoying to me.

Nice idea, but seems like a pain to implement it.

I wonder if devs find it difficult to implement. ..

Meguy
04-21-2014, 05:19 AM
this will hurt at the long run

Kreasadriii
04-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Its make disadvantage if you buy elixir to speed up the crafting or upgrading.
Crafting gem by using elixirs from market:
- You buy elixirs that expensive than a gem
Upgrading item:
- You buy elixirs to speed up the upgrading and if got none supergem at all...

Results:
reduce the advantage of many players ^^

falmear
04-22-2014, 03:18 AM
On the crafting station screen they could offer a gold or platinum option to buy off the timer. If they wanted to could limit the number of tries you have using the gold option.