View Full Version : Help in the stats system

kyhara
04-17-2014, 10:00 AM
i am just a week old i am not quite sure how the damage systems goes
here is a pick of my stats
and just a little more info which lvl or map or anything is good for lvling

Zynzyn
04-18-2014, 03:04 AM
WT 4 and Tindirin maps are good for leveling up. Get an XP elixir kit while you do your runs. Have fun.

Madnex
04-18-2014, 05:50 AM
Basically everything with a green sign is affected by your Dexterity points.

Damage is where your skills' damage is reflected.
Critical is the chance you have to score a critical hit with any attack.
Dodge is the chance you have to dodge any attack in PvE (doesn't work the same in PvP).
Bonus damage is not explained clearly yet but it's assumed to be the multiplier with which your weapon/armor damage is calculated with to result to the Damage stat on display.

Crowsfoot
04-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Basically everything with a green sign is affected by your Dexterity points.

Damage is where your skills' damage is reflected.
Critical is the chance you have to score a critical hit with any attack.
Dodge is the chance you have to dodge any attack in PvE (doesn't work the same in PvP).
Bonus damage is not explained clearly yet but it's assumed to be the multiplier with which your weapon/armor damage is calculated with to result to the Damage stat on display.

Bonus damage is calculated with gear. If you have a ring, per say, that offers 3 damage it would actually be calculated as 9.24 damage added to your true stat since your bonus damage is 308%.

Everything else posted is spot on.

Saintaugust
04-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Bonus damage is calculated with gear. If you have a ring, per say, that offers 3 damage it would actually be calculated as 9.24 damage added to your true stat since your bonus damage is 308%.

Always wondered how bonus damage came into play.

Madnex
04-18-2014, 10:26 AM

How is your explanation in disagreement with mine lol? :p

The final figure on display is what I'm not sure about; what does it consist of. I guess the OP would want to know how it operates more than how it's calculated though; I just focused on another part of the explanation. :)

Crowsfoot
04-18-2014, 01:18 PM

How is your explanation in disagreement with mine lol?
Yours is unsure and doesn't define multiplier. I gave the exact definition and supplied a usable example.

I was only trying to help, remember that I did post that everything else you posted was spot on. I gave credit where deserved and clarified where I thought I could help. That is what the forums are for, building upon what others post to expand everyone's knowledge of the game.

Madnex
04-18-2014, 03:19 PM
I didn't criticize your addition negatively, I just asked for clarification since -from the way I interpreted it- it appeared as if my part of the explanation on the bonus damage was incorrect.

Are there any ideas about how the digit of bonus damage itself is calculated? The best I got was adding x points of your main stat raises it by double that x.

Crowsfoot
04-18-2014, 07:58 PM
I didn't criticize your addition negatively, I just asked for clarification since -from the way I interpreted it- it appeared as if my part of the explanation on the bonus damage was incorrect.

Are there any ideas about how the digit of bonus damage itself is calculated? The best I got was adding x points of your main stat raises it by double that x.
All hard stats have nonlinear damage/DPS progression. Often people want the ins and outs of how things are calculated. Knowing these equations is only helpful if you are designing your own gear or if your a mage (arguably a rogue). I play a warrior so I'm better off taking gear and finding the differences between the top tier items. I know I want all my points in str so I don't bother calculating the affect of the other stats. I tried once and by the fourth rate change I was done trying to unify the system of equations rationally. Sorry, a six (possibly more since I rage quit) variable system of equations is no fun at all even if I used matrices since the values of each variable is only helpful as the constants in an equation rather than a point in space. And anything above three variables (dimensions) is just a head ache. Not to mention, systems of equations was the hardest thing for me to do in calculus/trig. I always ran matrices and guess and checked the equation if I needed more than a point of intersection. Of course, there are programs today that could calculate everything for us, but then we hit the real stinger; level is a factor.

Kingslaughter
04-19-2014, 01:07 AM
For ur level go to tomb krag...

Madnex
04-19-2014, 06:21 AM
Fair enough. I don't think we're dealing with a number as great as six variables yet I do know that each point of your main statistic attributes slightly more as your level rises. I might have another go atgetting the formula when I'm bored at some point in the future. :)

Crowsfoot
04-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Fair enough. I don't think we're dealing with a number as great as six variables yet I do know that each point of your main statistic attributes slightly more as your level rises. I might have another go atgetting the formula when I'm bored at some point in the future. :)
Next time you respec, add dexterity for every base point one at a time and notice the damage increase per point, it changes over time (as of circa season 3).

kyhara
04-20-2014, 12:03 AM
ty all for the help now i know these stuff i can do some math