PDA

View Full Version : New Guild War PvP Idea....

Energizeric
04-17-2014, 01:22 PM
I know I should post this in the suggestions forum, but I figured it would get more views in the general discussion forum.

I propose the following PvP idea...

1) When you choose to join PvP from the World menu, there are two options: CTF & TDM. Two new options should be added: CTF Guild War & TDM Guild War. These options will be in addition to the two original options, and will NOT replace them.

2) Guild Wars take place in the same CTF & TDM arenas that we are all familiar with.

3) If you choose to start a Guild War game, you begin by being prompted to invite a player from another guild to join the game. When that player enters, he/she will automatically enter on the other team. Then players from both guilds can join the game from the guild social menu, and each player is automatically placed on the side with his/her guild members until both sides are full. Once both sides are full, the game begins.

4) If you are in a guild war game, players who are not in your guild will not be allowed to join you. On the friends list, there will be no "join" button next to your name, same as if you are doing a bards quest or are in a full dungeon.

5) This will eliminate the problem of "spot blocking" that has become so common, and will also eliminate the problem of players from other guilds joining the game by accident, and then everyone having to ask them to leave.

6) Kills and flag statistics from these games will count towards your normal stats like any other CTF/TDM game.

This idea will give some new options for those of us who want to organize real games between guilds. We could even have tournaments between guilds, and perhaps some new guild leaderboards keeping track of wins/losses.

Kamehaa
04-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Great! I would add that if team A kill all of team B then team A would get 1 point or something like that x)

Serancha
04-17-2014, 01:57 PM
I am completely against the idea of not being able to join friends in pvp. The whole point of this game is to play with others. Why should we be disallowed to enjoy the game with friends just because one group of people are immature and can't figure out how to win without cheating and bickering endlessly?

Pheonix members fight against each other in pvp. We do this to improve our skills, and for fun. I joined a game against my guildie earlier to do just that, and hadn't even landed on my feet before I was called a spot blocker and told to get the hell out. Just because these people are obsessed and paranoid beyond all reason, does not mean the whole world is full people like them. In fact, most of us have no interest in their guilds at all, and they are certainly not important enough for us to waste our time on by trying to manipulate their games.

Sure, let there be a guild war room, but don't prevent friends from joining friends if they want to play a normal match together.

ClumsyCactus
04-17-2014, 02:02 PM
I am completely against the idea of not being able to join friends in pvp. The whole point of this game is to play with others. Why should we be disallowed to enjoy the game with friends just because one group of people are immature and can't figure out how to win without cheating and bickering endlessly?

Pheonix members fight against each other in pvp. We do this to improve our skills, and for fun. I joined a game against my guildie earlier to do just that, and hadn't even landed on my feet before I was called a spot blocker and told to get the hell out. Just because these people are obsessed and paranoid beyond all reason, does not mean the whole world is full people like them. In fact, most of us have no interest in their guilds at all, and they are certainly not important enough for us to waste our time on by trying to manipulate their games.

Sure, let there be a guild war room, but don't prevent friends from joining friends if they want to play a normal match together.

And that is it. Serancha has spoken, wise as usual. Just what i wanted :)

Zeus
04-17-2014, 02:10 PM

I see your point and when you put it like this, I definitely agree with you.

PS: Lol @ them calling you a blocker. They're joking, right?

Energizeric
04-17-2014, 02:23 PM
1) When you choose to join PvP from the World menu, there are two options: CTF & TDM. Two new options should be added: CTF Guild War & TDM Guild War

When I said "Two new options should be added", I did NOT mean the original two options should be eliminated. I meant now there should be 4 options. So yes, the old PvP rooms should stay. These new rooms will be in addition to the old ones, for those who want to organize guild vs. guild contests.

If you do not want to organize or participate in guild wars, then you will still be able to play PvP the same way you do now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ClumsyCactus
04-17-2014, 02:28 PM
When I said "Two new options should be added", I did NOT mean the original two options should be eliminated. I meant now there should be 4 options. So yes, the old PvP rooms should stay. These new rooms will be in addition to the old ones, for those who want to organize guild vs. guild contests.

If you do not want to organize or participate in guild wars, then you will still be able to play PvP the same way you do now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
XD now it makes more sense in my brain... Great idea, but i still think that your friends should be able to join you in guildpvp bcuz for an example my guild is not very good pvpers... (No offense XD) and i would have to go ALONE and still would'nt be able to use this funktion.

Anarchist
04-17-2014, 02:32 PM
#Stamp of Approval.#

It doesn't matter in what way but a pure guild vs guild room designed with spotblocking and spawnblocking protection and that allows only guild members of one of the two guilds in conflict is needed,

Freelancers should be allowed to have their share of fun without being forced to be in this or that pvp guild.

falmear
04-17-2014, 02:34 PM
This is fine until one side needs someone but no one is on with arcane ring or whatever. Then they can't call on a random non-guild person to join. This happens all the time where someone leaves or gets DC'd. If you want to prevent spot blocking the solution is simple:

1) Allow members of a team to kick anyone from their team. 3 votes minimum.
2) If you spot block from lobby, you have 30 seconds to join a side. If you don't join in 30 seconds, you get blocked from joining the match for 5 minutes.

I don't see a benefit to guild wars. Unless there is a guild ranking for wins by a guild. Then this will create a whole new level of desperation, hatred and potential cheating.

Thorluffy
04-17-2014, 04:16 PM
I have written this in another thread and would like to share my thought here as well.

My ideal pvp room:
-'join' button is always available as long as thr's spot in a room no matter what team it is.
*so guild members can enjoy 1v1 with each other etc
-player cannot stay at the 'background' for more than 15 sec or else will end up being kicked from the room automatically
*to avoid spot blocking at the background
-next is the solution how to tackle spot blocking when you enter a pvp room realizing someone's blocking at your team:
(A special button called letz say 'war' is available on the screen and this button can only be activated if the situation fulfills the following conditions=
~both teams consist of one or more players from the same guild
~you are not in the same guild as the 'blockers'
~you have no player of your guild at ur opposite team)
{1} activate the button 'war'
{2} the one activates the 'war' will be the leader of his/her team while at the other side, leader will be selected thru voting by members of the same guild as the blocker
{3}all players will be positioned back to the spawn site juz like how it is before a match starts with a maximum countdown of 1 min until the war starts
{4}leaders have the right to kick anyone out of his team. So he has 1 min now to summon his fren or guildmate to take part in this war until the game starts automatically.
{5}finally, here comes the fair fight......
{6}result of the war match will be stored by stg in order to inspect for suspicious dummies and dummonger in future(dummy farmer)

*to avoid people abusing this system, failure for the leader that activate the 'war' to have any of his fren or guildmates to join in will result in ban from entering pvp room for the next 1 hour(so make sure you have someone coming to help and activate the 'war' or might as well just leave the map)

thx for reading.

Zynzyn
04-18-2014, 12:40 AM
A Guild vs Guild room with block protection is a lovely idea. I would like to suggest that if this is implemented, a new record of Guild wars won and lost and a leaderboard for pvp guilds participating in guild wars would also be fun. Also, a 1 vs 1 room, record and LB for solo players and freelancers would be a great idea.

Atokhebat
04-18-2014, 04:19 AM
Not a bad idea

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
04-18-2014, 12:21 PM
I figured this idea would get much more support with all the recent complaints about spot blocking and with the recent effort to organize real CTF games. I participated in one of those games a couple of days ago, and it took them almost an hour to get the game organized, mostly due to trying to get everyone into the same CTF arena and convince those who were not wanted to leave. This would make organizing such a game super easy.