PDA

View Full Version : I need serious help

Superzarop
12-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Hello guys, some of of you may know me and some not. I am very confused and troubled right now and need your help.*

So this is how a normal day of mine looks like: wake up, eat breakfast while browsing pl forums, school(i try to play and look at pl forums as much as i can), get home and play pl, eat dinner, play pl till about 12 and then sleep.*
That may seem like a normal day for some of you guys, but my point here is that pl is consumming my life, and it might also be the cosumation of my life.
Here is what my life looked like before pl: wake up, maybe excersice a bit, breakfast, school, hang around with friends, get back home and study, dinner, excersice and then either slack off or continue studying, sleep at about 10:30 to keep myself healthy and ready for tomorow.

I am at a very important time of my life, highschool. The line i have chosed has a very large potential. My goal is to be able to get to Cambridge University and it isnt rediculous because i am natually smart. I have always been among the top students in my classes. BUT i also need to study hard, which my mate pl wont let me do. Yesterday i was doing an important assignment due today for my civics class, but i just did it for an hour, decided it was too difficult and resumed playing pl instead. Now j have just realised what a terrible mistake it is. My grades have been dropping since i started playing pl, how am i going to face my parents with this years grades?
Pl have become more dominant of my life than my actual life. I spend more than half of my day either playing or thinking about pl. I have gathered up about 4.6m gold now, but it srill hurts me to even buy a tank pot. On the other hand, i do not hestitate a bit before i pu real money into the game. To value in game cash more than real life money is just crossing the line.
As some of you may remember, i tried to quit pl about a month ago with the sh1tty rebalance as an excuse. But as soon as i stopped playing, my life becomes empty and i start playing again. Not being able to quit also shows how this game has become a huge part of my life.

So now i need your help, what should i do? And please no "give me your money" because i will give them to friends if i quit.

Lastly, excuse me for this not being the best piece of art you have read, my english skills just simply isnt good enough now. And excuse the spelling mistakes, its hard to type fast on an iphone.

TwinkTastical
12-17-2010, 02:42 AM
Then dont play so much.. -.-?

Fyrce
12-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Try to stop. Temporarily. You'll find out that it's not as difficult as you think right now. Everything will still be there if you play just a few hours on the weekend. Maybe use playing as a reward for studying hard. No study, no PL (including forums).

Superzarop
12-17-2010, 07:48 AM
I have decided to try stop after the winter break.