PDA

View Full Version : PL Expansion Kick Starter

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 01:02 AM
So I keep hearing about things that were awesome but failed unexpectedly in the past kicking back up again with a huge support group on kickstarter.com. What if STS did some math gave the community a quote and put up a kickstarter on the site for a new cap? If we meet the quote then they can put out a new cap. If the quote isn't met the donators don't pay a dime so there is no risk to anyone.

Devs please post and tell us what you think. If you like it give this a thumbs up and let us know where to go to contribute. I've personally been saving a while for a different kickstarter but I'm ready to switch interests if you give us the chance to produce a new expansion.

Check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/learn?ref=home_start

If you are also willing to contribute post here so that the Devs can get as motivated about the idea as us. Nothing better than a community left to die refusing and making a come back!

kwahiwik
04-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Id throw in a few bucks :)

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Exactly! I'm willing to bet you aren't the only one. Even if every play donated $1 it would be a good chunk of change. The best part about this idea is that it not only accesses the PL community. People who have never heard of PL can donate and old PL players who play AL but would like a new cap could contribute. That's a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distension
04-18-2014, 02:33 AM
Id donate lots for new cap.

Emagency
04-18-2014, 03:56 AM
I'd throw in $500

Skeletonlord
04-18-2014, 04:24 AM
I think this is a really good idea. I'd even donate a little bit of cash. I think it would be cool as for prizes, if you could actually work with spacetime to actually design new mobs and enemies, and levels for the new campaign. Another could be to actually name the campaign. This would be a great opportunity for players and Spacetime. Spacetime will be happy because people are still interested and players will be able to play new content.

Distension
04-18-2014, 04:42 AM
I think this is a really good idea. I'd even donate a little bit of cash. I think it would be cool as for prizes, if you could actually work with spacetime to actually design new mobs and enemies, and levels for the new campaign. Another could be to actually name the campaign. This would be a great opportunity for players and Spacetime. Spacetime will be happy because people are still interested and players will be able to play new content.

Haha i would do it for prizes but im mostly in it for the Cap :)

Zeus
04-18-2014, 04:45 AM
I'd throw in $500

The thing is, people in AL spend $500 a day if they wanted to, so even a $500 contribution is insignificant really, no matter how noble.

In PL, what really is there to spend $500 a day on? Nothing, last time I checked.

Emagency
04-18-2014, 04:55 AM
The thing is, people in AL spend $500 a day if they wanted to, so even a $500 contribution is insignificant really, no matter how noble.

In PL, what really is there to spend $500 a day on? Nothing, last time I checked.

Your post seems to be somewhat off, I doubt anyone will just throw $500 a day into the game. Let's stick to realistic things when we talk.
Also it appears you've missed what is going on in this thread, where money is being thrown out to bring the content that people would be paying for. I am someone who would just want that to happen and would be willing to spend the extra cash to bring such things not only to myself to enjoy but to everyone.

kwahiwik
04-18-2014, 05:11 AM

Tbh, who the hell spends 500 a day, if i did that, that'd be my sign to quit.

Burningdex
04-18-2014, 05:40 AM
Your post seems to be somewhat off, I doubt anyone will just throw $500 a day into the game. Let's stick to realistic things when we talk.
Also it appears you've missed what is going on in this thread, where money is being thrown out to bring the content that people would be paying for. I am someone who would just want that to happen and would be willing to spend the extra cash to bring such things not only to myself to enjoy but to everyone.

wonder whose gonna win this argument...

on topic... love the idea avid , if i had the cash id donate but im broke as a 5yr old atm :3

Extreme
04-18-2014, 07:20 AM

$500 per day? That guy must be Bill G, lol I think you don't get what we're talking about.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 08:53 AM

The point is that the money you pay now goes to PL and STS's other games. It's an idea to allow players to allocate money only to PL for exactly what we want. This same idea can go towards PVP rebalancing or upcoming holiday events...

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Thread back on topic who supports this idea please keep posting to get this thread more traction!

Halros
04-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Hey, this is a good idea, but I think STS would need thousands of dollars to make an expansion. All their staff has to make a living off what they're spending their time on, including these kickstarter funds if this was to work. There are only thousands of PL players, not tens of thousands, and most of them won't ever hear about this or care since they 1) aren't on the forums 2) only play a few times a week or month 3) don't have money anyways.

Not trying to be a downer, but there's a lot of stuff you have to take into account:
1) STS's cooperation and willingness to go with this plan.
2) A large percentage of PL's player base to donate.
3) You'd have to advertise the kickstarter as well as get STS to advertise it in their games.
4) This isn't really a new product you'd be putting up on kickstarter, it'd technically be an old one. People donate on kickstarter so they can get whatever product it is that they're donating for. Every person that donates for this new cap needs to already care about getting it (Probably means they would have one or more 76s), which shrinks the number of potential donators to a pretty small group.
5) STS has already made the point that AL makes them more money, and since STS is a business, they'll do what makes them the most money, regardless of what a small group of their players want. This isn't wrong, it's just doing business.

There's definitely more I didn't think of to put in that list, but looking on the bright side, this might just work. Maybe we raise enough money, or maybe STS sees the good effort we're trying to make and considers giving a new cap a shot. Just keep in mind that if STS doesn't want to, don't be surprised! They've reiterated the point that there's a 99.9% chance that a new cap will NOT happen.
If you guys start this kickstarter, I also think it'd be a good idea to invite everyone you know to start playing, to beef up the player base. One thing STS said is that a cap for AL reaches more potential customers/players than a PL cap would, so we NEED to expand the player base. I'm sure a lot of you already do this though, and we'd have to increase the regular number of players by hundreds or probably thousands. It'd be quite an endeavor, just like this kickstarter, but if enough of us care, it might just work.

Suentous PO
04-18-2014, 10:01 AM
I could say the same thing; what is there to spend 500 on in al- nothing last I checked.
Don't know why you feel the need to dis on this side of the forums.

Bous
04-18-2014, 10:32 AM

I see where your coming from, maybe if spacetimestudios doesn't have time to make a cap, They can higher a handful of developers for this project with the money we raise.
If this pulls through*

NotYoCookiez
04-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Im pretty sure sts will be like "Sounds like a great idea... lets get it started!"

Then after awhile after people been donating they will make a thread coming up with an excuse on "why we didn't make an expansion PART 10"

and probably pocket the money and use it for something in AL or for a nice lil bonus for the staffs

XghostzX
04-18-2014, 10:53 AM
I like the idea, but I just don't see this happening. STS doesn't really let players get involved with their work plan regardless of what the players think they're capable of (unless some millionaire comes in and donates a ton)... but it's just unlikely.

Bous
04-18-2014, 10:57 AM
I like the idea, but I just don't see this happening. STS doesn't really let players get involved with their work plan regardless of what the players think they're capable of (unless some millionaire comes in and donates a ton)... but it's just unlikely.
Donald trump where you at?

IGN Storm
04-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Watch STS take the money we raised and use it to fund AL

Skeletonlord
04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Haha i would do it for prizes but im mostly in it for the Cap :)

I'd do if for both. Designing the new cap would be a dream come true. I'd love to see my ideas in action.

Lee19
04-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Yes! My dad is rich and I would l pay to have another Cap

Zeus
04-18-2014, 02:19 PM

I know somebody who's spent $500 in a day in AL and over $40k USD in AL.

With the amount that player has spent, he/she can fund the entire moderator team alone. So, you tell me? This is just one person, there are dozens upon dozens of players who spend like this in that game.

I haven't missed the point, you've missed the point. Even if you fund an expansion, why would developers take the time and attention away from AL, their golden goose, to focus on a game that is outdated, 1/4 the size, and not as profiting?

I'm sorry to tell you that this venture is a misguided hope. The developers have already been very clear about their stance on PL.

It's not unheard of at ALL in AL for players to spend $200 in a day and then spend some more the following day.

Back when I used to play PL and I know nothing has changed since then, you could spend $90 for 2k platinum and have it last you for many months. In AL, you can buy 1.7k platinum for $90 and use it up within the hour.

Zeus
04-18-2014, 02:24 PM
I could say the same thing; what is there to spend 500 on in al- nothing last I checked.

Locked crates...

People and their spending amounts that I know:

• 1-5k USD = 12+ people
• 10k USD = 2 people
• 20k USD = 1 person
• 40k USD = 1 person

Now, based on just the people I know, that is 92k USD! I am sure there are others that are much quieter about their platinum purchase history.

Heck, some of these people have bought so much platinum that they actually glitches the game because it could not handle the platinum cost!

I'm not dissing, I'm just giving you facts and the bitter truth. I really do not understand why players are still clinging onto the game like it's the only one that exists.

As the saying goes, there's plenty of fish in the sea!

PS: Before anyone states that they've spent plenty on PL too, keep in mind that is likely over the course of 4 years because PL has been out way longer. I've personally spent about $3k USD on PL, but that was over 4 years. Considering that, the price is not bad at all.

In AL, people spend the same amount in a much much shorter time period.

Lee19
04-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Locked crates...

People and their spending amounts that I know:

• 1-5k USD = 12+ people
• 10k USD = 2 people
• 20k USD = 1 person
• 40k USD = 1 person

Now, based on just the people I know, that is 92k USD! I am sure there are others that are much quieter about their platinum purchase history.

Heck, some of these people have bought so much platinum that they actually glitches the game because it could not handle the platinum cost!

I'm not dissing, I'm just giving you facts and the bitter truth. I really do not understand why players are still clinging onto the game like it's the only one that exists.

PS: Before anyone states that they've spent plenty on PL too, keep in mind that is likely over the course of 4 years because PL has been out way longer. I've personally spent about $3k USD on PL, but that was over 4 years. Considering that, the price is not bad at all.

In AL, people spend the same amount in a much much shorter time period.
They have also had 6 caps in a row and still no cap on the horizon for PL

Zeus
04-18-2014, 02:55 PM
They have also had 6 caps in a row and still no cap on the horizon for PL

Regardless, what is PL's expenses? Leveling elixirs and luck elixirs? Midas? That's pretty much the only thing.

AL has an unlimited expense: locked crates. Due to the fact that PL has nothing of the sort, it can never hope to reach the amount of money that AL generates. Do you know why they've had 6 caps in a row and still no cap on the horizon for PL? I'm sure you do, Samhayne put a very detailed explanation.

Suentous PO
04-18-2014, 03:13 PM

No, you said, you see nothing to spend 500 on in pl. that's your value judgement, not a fact. I didn't say I don't believe people see a reason to spend more there. I was mirroring your view that I don't seen value in al the same you seemingly see no value in this game.
I'm saying as of late, if you post on this side, you sound like you are convince us it's boring here, like you became bored of it.

Like you quit football, but hang out in the football locker room saying rugby is waaay better. Lol

Zeus
04-18-2014, 03:33 PM
No, you said, you see nothing to spend 500 on in pl. that's your value judgement, not a fact. I didn't say I don't believe people see a reason to spend more there. I was mirroring your view that I don't seen value in al the same you seemingly see no value in this game.
I'm saying as of late, if you post on this side, you sound like you are convince us it's boring here, like you became bored of it.

Like you quit football, but hang out in the football locker room saying rugby is waaay better. Lol

No, I'm looking at it from a business standpoint. I am still very fond of PL but the fact that I still have 2000 out of 4000 plat that I have purchased from over a year ago says a lot about the game.

1. You know I've bought just about every exclusive item in the game, including the winter dragons (& the santa midas one)
2. Platinum elixirs are only needed for leveling, Daily Blessing does the job just fine otherwise unless you want to speed up farming. Even then, maybe a dozen platinum elixirs will get you the gear that you need at L76. What's left to do then? A person has to force himself to find other areas of the game to keep him entertained?
3. Respecs.
4. Vanity pets that serve no purpose. I've bought every one and still, I am barely at 50-60k platinum purchased.
5. Seasonal dungeons like the WinterFest event.

So, what's left to spend platinum on? I've basically listed the main major purposes. The fact is, and you cannot argue against it, is that there is not a lot to spend platinum on. Once you have, you're done. STG has basically lost the customer because there's nothing more for him to buy.

In AL, that problem does not exist in the slightest. There's ALWAYS something for you to purchase...or gamble towards.

XghostzX
04-18-2014, 04:54 PM

I really do not understand why players are still clinging onto the game like it's the only one that exists.

Only thing I disagree with in your post. After searching years for the right MMO nothing matches PL. That's just preference - but if you were still hooked on PL like us, Parth, you'd be wanting to argue for PL to come back. But business is business.

So in the eyes of the PL community, everything mentioned here is a perfectly viable solution... but STS won't do anything about it because they wont benefit from it.

Suentous PO
04-18-2014, 05:02 PM
what is left to spend on? Whatever I want ( if I did). Your scenario leaves you one capped toon with good gear. I have 7 capped and more in store. A toon for every build to farm. Also I am collecting every item in game. Also I'm making several builds in most all pvp levels with top gear. All that will/could cost me. I don't have to "force" myself to have fun. I simply am, and you are not.

This wasn't about comparing value between these games. I didn't think you realized how often your posts on THIS side say things like *comical voice*
Idk why ppl play this game
Nothing is worth much money compared to al
It's dead move on. Ect
If ppl are having fun, let them. Don't tell them why they're wrong.

Suentous PO
04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Sorry to derail Avid. I like your idea, and appreciate your intent with this.
We can only hope.
Raise my cup to the undyingly faithful pl players.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Hey, this is a good idea, but I think STS would need thousands of dollars to make an expansion. All their staff has to make a living off what they're spending their time on, including these kickstarter funds if this was to work. There are only thousands of PL players, not tens of thousands, and most of them won't ever hear about this or care since they 1) aren't on the forums 2) only play a few times a week or month 3) don't have money anyways.

Not trying to be a downer, but there's a lot of stuff you have to take into account:
1) STS's cooperation and willingness to go with this plan.
2) A large percentage of PL's player base to donate.
3) You'd have to advertise the kickstarter as well as get STS to advertise it in their games.
4) This isn't really a new product you'd be putting up on kickstarter, it'd technically be an old one. People donate on kickstarter so they can get whatever product it is that they're donating for. Every person that donates for this new cap needs to already care about getting it (Probably means they would have one or more 76s), which shrinks the number of potential donators to a pretty small group.
5) STS has already made the point that AL makes them more money, and since STS is a business, they'll do what makes them the most money, regardless of what a small group of their players want. This isn't wrong, it's just doing business.

There's definitely more I didn't think of to put in that list, but looking on the bright side, this might just work. Maybe we raise enough money, or maybe STS sees the good effort we're trying to make and considers giving a new cap a shot. Just keep in mind that if STS doesn't want to, don't be surprised! They've reiterated the point that there's a 99.9% chance that a new cap will NOT happen.
If you guys start this kickstarter, I also think it'd be a good idea to invite everyone you know to start playing, to beef up the player base. One thing STS said is that a cap for AL reaches more potential customers/players than a PL cap would, so we NEED to expand the player base. I'm sure a lot of you already do this though, and we'd have to increase the regular number of players by hundreds or probably thousands. It'd be quite an endeavor, just like this kickstarter, but if enough of us care, it might just work.

If they go with this option they risk nothing. They say we need X amount of dollars to produce a new expansion. This will take into account how much to pay employees to host on servers design new content etc while also taking into account the amount they will profit to make it worth it for them, and then we the players raise the money. Players who currently play both capped and not capped can contribute. Players who play other STS games that left PL a long time a go can contribute. And completely random strangers who find this project for a new PL cap on the kickstarter website or on Facebook can contribute. This is actually highly likely in my eyes. If STS wants PL to get a new cap but simply doesn't have the money to do so or the projected profit outcome they desire then this is a perfect solution for them. However if they don't care for PL anymore and are just waiting to shut down the servers so they can throw up another 1-2 year game then I will be happy to sell my black dragon set to the highest bidder and do a massive give away in game because if they don't go with this idea that is the final answer to me. There will be no hope...

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 05:24 PM
Watch STS take the money we raised and use it to fund AL

That's the beauty of it they can't take your money unless they produce what is advertised with it which would be a new PL cap. It's not a raise money for STS to piss away fund it's a raise money for a PL expansion fund, or even a rebalance fund, or new holiday event fund. The possibilities are endless!

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Sorry to derail Avid. I like your idea, and appreciate your intent with this.
We can only hope.

No problem back on topic though please!

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 05:27 PM
Only thing I disagree with in your post. After searching years for the right MMO nothing matches PL. That's just preference - but if you were still hooked on PL like us, Parth, you'd be wanting to argue for PL to come back. But business is business.

So in the eyes of the PL community, everything mentioned here is a perfectly viable solution... but STS won't do anything about it because they wont benefit from it.

They will benefit from it. They get to produce new content with no expense to them and this new content will cause more players to replay PL and spend money on platinum to farm and level etc. It is guaranteed profit once it is produced. The usual issue with produce a cap is making more money than you spend to make it. If it's free to them to make then all the money made from platinum is profit. There is no reason not to.

XghostzX
04-18-2014, 05:29 PM
They will benefit from it. They get to produce new content with no expense to them and this new content will cause more players to replay PL and spend money on platinum to farm and level etc. It is guaranteed profit once it is produced. The usual issue with produce a cap is making more money than you spend to make it. If it's free to them to make then all the money made from platinum is profit. There is no reason not to.

I take that back - they can benefit more from the money they invest in to AL.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 05:32 PM
I know somebody who's spent $500 in a day in AL and over $40k USD in AL.

With the amount that player has spent, he/she can fund the entire moderator team alone. So, you tell me? This is just one person, there are dozens upon dozens of players who spend like this in that game.

I haven't missed the point, you've missed the point. Even if you fund an expansion, why would developers take the time and attention away from AL, their golden goose, to focus on a game that is outdated, 1/4 the size, and not as profiting?

I'm sorry to tell you that this venture is a misguided hope. The developers have already been very clear about their stance on PL.

It's not unheard of at ALL in AL for players to spend $200 in a day and then spend some more the following day.

Back when I used to play PL and I know nothing has changed since then, you could spend $90 for 2k platinum and have it last you for many months. In AL, you can buy 1.7k platinum for $90 and use it up within the hour.

These numbers are ridiculous and if they are accurate they are a very rare case. The amount of money you are talking about would be enough from AL to support all the STS games and we wouldn't have this issue. STS is making most of its income from AL but it's not as much as you would think the company is barely staying afloat because they are competing in a very difficult market.

However that said it doesn't matter what AL makes versus PL. This option is outside the normal operations of business and will allow the community to directly find what they want. Players who aren't spending money on PL because of the lack of new content may very well contribute with the promise of a new cap. You might not and that's fine but this thread is about supporting this option not trying to make propaganda to tear it down so move on or contribute pleas.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 05:33 PM
I take that back - they can benefit more from the money they invest in to AL.

Yes but we aren't talking about them investing their money we are talking about them getting paid to do a specific task. It's like saying how much would you need to make it, giving them what they request, and them producing it. Not having them take money out of their budget and investing in a dying game, that would be stupid and is exactly why they won't.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Im pretty sure sts will be like "Sounds like a great idea... lets get it started!"

Then after awhile after people been donating they will make a thread coming up with an excuse on "why we didn't make an expansion PART 10"

and probably pocket the money and use it for something in AL or for a nice lil bonus for the staffs

They can't touch the money if they don't do what they say they will with it. That's why this is a great option. They would have to produce a cap with the money raised or get used simple as that.

Schnitzel
04-18-2014, 05:42 PM
If its Locked crates that people buy
Why not put these locked crates stuff in PL?

Just a question.

Zeus
04-18-2014, 06:01 PM
If its Locked crates that people buy
Why not put these locked crates stuff in PL?

Just a question.

The best gear will be in them only. Plus, that is easier said than done.

Coding requires a lot of work! Maybe the older engine of STG cannot handle something like locked crates?

Zeus
04-18-2014, 06:04 PM
what is left to spend on? Whatever I want ( if I did). Your scenario leaves you one capped toon with good gear. I have 7 capped and more in store. A toon for every build to farm. Also I am collecting every item in game. Also I'm making several builds in most all pvp levels with top gear. All that will/could cost me. I don't have to "force" myself to have fun. I simply am, and you are not.

This wasn't about comparing value between these games. I didn't think you realized how often your posts on THIS side say things like *comical voice*
Idk why ppl play this game
Nothing is worth much money compared to al
It's dead move on. Ect
If ppl are having fun, let them. Don't tell them why they're wrong.

This is not every player, this is why this logic fails. There is no way that every frequent spender is going to want to do that. Heck, some players ENJOY only playing one character.

Secondly, since items are stashable, a lot of the purchases are still not needed. With locked crates, the player gets the instant reward and STG gets the instant money. With elixirs, STG gets the instant money but then has to rely on the player's patience to buy the elixir and then have the motivation to level.

I'm not telling them that they're wrong, I'm telling them why STG won't make another cap which is something they've reiterated many times over. It's like people do not get a hint...Also, even if you do get enough money to make a cap, who is going to hire the developers? Devs have already stated that the developing team is small and very little of it is devoted to PL.

Fao
04-18-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm all in for the idea! The sound of a new cap is great, yes I want to get to 76 and I know I have just enough time, but even if I didn't get it, a new cap would be WONDERFUL and bring many players back!

Extreme
04-18-2014, 06:30 PM
I'd donate $50-100 For a cap, I like this idea, Avid!

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Keep the support coming. If you like the idea let us know if you are a Debbie downer with no other goal than to make everyone miserable post elsewhere.

Breton
04-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Wait, what idiot would spend 40k$ on a mobile game? Sorry but I just had to let it out...

But I love the idea Avid!

Darkterror
04-18-2014, 07:13 PM
I like the idea.

And lmao at every egg player is not supporting this. They say to move on, they want all the fun for them selfs. Always turning other people down when they mention a new cap. Just quit it lol we want a new cap. So stop being so negative when we mention it.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 07:17 PM
I like the idea.

And lmao at every egg player is not supporting this. They say to move on, they want all the fun for them selfs. Always turning other people down when they mention a new cap. Just quit it lol we want a new cap. So stop being so negative when we mention it.

Thank you! Common everyone keep showing your support.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Can we get a dev to comment?!?!

XghostzX
04-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Yes but we aren't talking about them investing their money we are talking about them getting paid to do a specific task. It's like saying how much would you need to make it, giving them what they request, and them producing it. Not having them take money out of their budget and investing in a dying game, that would be stupid and is exactly why they won't.

But time is money. I love PL and will never play AL, but I'm thinking about this logistically. There's a reason STS isn't investing in PL anymore, and even if we donated, it wouldn't match AL's revenue at all.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 07:20 PM
But time is money. I love PL and will never play AL, but I'm thinking about this logistically. There's a reason STS isn't investing in PL anymore, and even if we donated, it wouldn't match AL's revenue at all.

We aren't trying to compete with PL we are trying to hire workers indirectly through STS to produce content we want. You are arguing two separate things.

Hook
04-18-2014, 07:21 PM
I support this idea & willing to donate, but realistically its never going to happen this way. So im not even going to get my hopes up 1%. There is a sort of professionalism companies like to keep, & this crosses that boundary. As stated hundreds of times, the focus is where the money is. As much as a great community we aim to be, we aren't that focus.

Xyzzy
04-18-2014, 07:38 PM
I like the idea.

I'm an egg player and I support this...

Schnitzel
04-18-2014, 07:59 PM
The best gear will be in them only. Plus, that is easier said than done.

Coding requires a lot of work! Maybe the older engine of STG cannot handle something like locked crates?

then what about "Platinum Quests"?
use plat to get a quest (ranked from easiest to most difficult, difficult has better gear)
Finishing the quest gives you a item(of choice)

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 08:00 PM
then what about "Platinum Quests"?
use plat to get a quest (ranked from easiest to most difficult, difficult has better gear)
Finishing the quest gives you a item(of choice)

Great idea for a new thread please keep posts on topic

Schnitzel
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Great idea for a new thread please keep posts on topic

sorry Avid
*re-rails thread*

PL Expansion Kick Starting!!!!11111!!11!!!!1
Good idea (sadly i can't get a credit card yet:/)

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Who wants a PL expansion and thinks this is how we can do it?

Xyzzy
04-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Who wants a PL expansion and thinks this is how we can do it?

Hii

Bous
04-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Yes AL does make more money but think about it this way, people are paying money to raise an X amount of money so Spacetime can hire a little group of developers on the side JUST FOR THIS PROJECT. No attention would be taken away from AL. And the people that Love PL can still get another cap.
I understand the devs might not make a cap for PL just because it comes into conflict with running a smart business and costs alot of $$$, which they wouldnt want since AL is accumulating a substantial amount of money but its the fact that people would pay for this for a new cap so it would cost spacetime nothing.

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Yes AL does make more money but think about it this way, people are paying money to raise an X amount of money so Spacetime can hire a little group of developers on the side JUST FOR THIS PROJECT. No attention would be taken away from AL. And the people that Love PL can still get another cap.
I understand the devs might not make a cap for PL just because it comes into conflict with running a smart business and costs alot of $$$, which they wouldnt want since AL is accumulating a substantial amount of money but its the fact that people would pay for this for a new cap so it would cost spacetime nothing.

Did you just rewrite my post? Lol

Bous
04-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Did you just rewrite my post? Lol
Naww, i think you rewrote mine on the first page. Lol

EDIT: Please stay on topic

Aveea
04-18-2014, 09:39 PM
My sentiments EXACTLY

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 09:53 PM
We haven't stopped believing!
*journey plays in background softly*

Schnitzel
04-18-2014, 10:00 PM
We haven't stopped believing!
*journey plays in background softly*

were you referring to Don't stop believing-Journey?

AvidLegend
04-18-2014, 11:58 PM
were you referring to Don't stop believing-Journey?

That would be the joke

Mayaross
04-19-2014, 01:38 AM
Talking about a new content, I definitely support this idea. +1 for Avid.

AvidLegend
04-19-2014, 01:58 AM
Who else wants a new cap and thinks this is the way?

neoV
04-19-2014, 06:11 AM
$200 from me if this plan work:D

BoomBox
04-19-2014, 07:26 AM
I'd donate for a new cap.

Trenton
04-19-2014, 08:43 AM
id ask for mt $400 back tho

That's like going to your favorite restaurant for 10 years, eating the muy delicioso food, and then they shut down- you'd say "I want my money back"? Really? You enjoyed the game for what it's worth for the amount of time it has ran, (is still running) time to start thinking more realistically.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

NotYoCookiez
04-19-2014, 10:46 AM
id ask for mt $400 back tho

all sales are final

L2ReadNUB

AvidLegend
04-19-2014, 03:28 PM
We need more support!

NotYoCookiez
04-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Even if they had a lot of money, that would mean the staff would have to focus there time on PL cap. Its a small company. And taking the staff away from AL would cause them to lose much more than they will "gain" from a new cap in PL.

If money was the 1 and only reason stopping them from a cap, then MAYBE this woulda work.

AvidLegend
04-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Even if they had a lot of money, that would mean the staff would have to focus there time on PL cap. Its a small company. And taking the staff away from AL would cause them to lose much more than they will "gain" from a new cap in PL.

If money was the 1 and only reason stopping them from a cap, then MAYBE this woulda work.

I'm talking about hiring new staff to man it. Could be working an internship deal with a local college offering game design classes etc... The quality of it might be different and all will still be run and operated by spacetime but the current dev team would keep their focus where it is.

Instead of trying to destroy this idea think about the solutions because they are endless.

falmear
04-19-2014, 04:42 PM
I have only played AL, so I am just posting to show my support for your effort. If they were to announce a new expansion. I'd play PL and level up just to play the new content. At the moment there isn't much motivation to start a new toon. So I hope you guys succeed because a new expansion would probably attract new players like myself.

AvidLegend
04-19-2014, 05:27 PM
I have only played AL, so I am just posting to show my support for your effort. If they were to announce a new expansion. I'd play PL and level up just to play the new content. At the moment there isn't much motivation to start a new toon. So I hope you guys succeed because a new expansion would probably attract new players like myself.

That's the plan! Thank you for your support'

Cavoc
04-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Id love for this to happen. And would for sure donate.

Id like a dev to respond to this as well.

Burningdex
04-19-2014, 06:39 PM
devs be like- we take yo moneys and use for cap

10min later they announce new al cap and lock this

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Guys, while I applaud your efforts, I just don't see it happening. My understanding is that AL has more players on the order of 50-to-1 compared to PL. It is also my understanding that the average AL player spends considerably more money in game than does the average PL player. So whatever amount of money you are able to raise, I don't see how it would be enough.

We did recently have a thread in which we were talking with the Spacetime CEO about implementing some of the features of PL into AL. What was discussed was mostly things like the single click for avatar screen and other such features that I feel make PL a more "social" game compared to AL. But in terms of just about everything else, AL is a far superior game. I loved PL and played it for a long time, but AL is way better in terms of graphics, dungeons, pvp, leaderboards, stats, skills, etc. There are just a few features of PL I liked more, and perhaps we will get to see those in AL.

For those of you who have tried AL and decided you don't like it, I suggest giving it more time. At first I was very turned off by the lack of screen rotation. But you do get used to that in time. So if that is the main reason you do not like AL, I encourage you to give it more time and try again.

AvidLegend
04-19-2014, 06:54 PM
devs be like- we take yo moneys and use for cap

10min later they announce new al cap and lock this

Not how kickstarter works. There are legal requirements.

ancestor
04-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Why Even Make Games If They Dont Have The Staff Members To Back Them.....

AvidLegend
04-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Guys, while I applaud your efforts, I just don't see it happening. My understanding is that AL has more players on the order of 50-to-1 compared to PL. It is also my understanding that the average AL player spends considerably more money in game than does the average PL player. So whatever amount of money you are able to raise, I don't see how it would be enough.

We did recently have a thread in which we were talking with the Spacetime CEO about implementing some of the features of PL into AL. What was discussed was mostly things like the single click for avatar screen and other such features that I feel make PL a more "social" game compared to AL. But in terms of just about everything else, AL is a far superior game. I loved PL and played it for a long time, but AL is way better in terms of graphics, dungeons, pvp, leaderboards, stats, skills, etc. There are just a few features of PL I liked more, and perhaps we will get to see those in AL.

For those of you who have tried AL and decided you don't like it, I suggest giving it more time. At first I was very turned off by the lack of screen rotation. But you do get used to that in time. So if that is the main reason you do not like AL, I encourage you to give it more time and try again.

Why do people keep comparing PL and AL? It's not relevant to this thread so stop talking about it. I could care less about AL! I'm talking about PL and PL only. PL funding for a PL cap, using kickstarter. We aren't taking any time or money away from AL. It's irrelevant so please only comment on this idea. Sorry I keep getting these posts in this forum derailing it when we are discussing different things. Your post belong back in another thread about spacetime making an expansion with their own money. I'm talking about public funding and new employees etc!

Schnitzel
04-19-2014, 08:32 PM
what if STS just raise the lvl cap to 81 without adding the new maps stuff?
just take regular swift/fiery/savage and recolor it (green? green dragon?) and make requirements: lvl 80

*re-rails*
ok back to topic

Smilingdaisy
04-19-2014, 08:55 PM
I would be more than happy to support the Kickstarter project to add an expansion for PL. But if I'm paying STS to do so, it better be an awesome expansion with content that would keep players interested for a while (and not recycling old content)!

AvidLegend
04-19-2014, 08:58 PM
what if STS just raise the lvl cap to 81 without adding the new maps stuff?
just take regular swift/fiery/savage and recolor it (green? green dragon?) and make requirements: lvl 80

*re-rails*
ok back to topic

Or black! Maybe white!

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Why do people keep comparing PL and AL? It's not relevant to this thread so stop talking about it. I could care less about AL! I'm talking about PL and PL only. PL funding for a PL cap, using kickstarter. We aren't taking any time or money away from AL. It's irrelevant so please only comment on this idea. Sorry I keep getting these posts in this forum derailing it when we are discussing different things. Your post belong back in another thread about spacetime making an expansion with their own money. I'm talking about public funding and new employees etc!

In order for them to work on PL they would have to hire more employees. An expansion takes them about 6 months to do and involves at least several employees. So for them to hire several new employees for a few months you are probably looking at $200k minimum. Do you really believe you can raise that kind of cash? I doubt you could even raise 5% of that.

If you really think you can raise that kind of cash, then go for it! But it seems a rather hopeless venture. There is a reason why they stopped adding expansions to PL -- they were not profitable. If a much larger player base did not spend enough cash back when they were adding new expansions every few months, then what makes you think you can get a now much much smaller player base to come up with enough now? The math does not add up.

I'm sure Spacetime has a figure in mind that would be required for such a venture. If a wealthy donor walked into their office tomorrow and offered to fund a new expansion for PL, I'm sure they would not show him the door. But I think the dollar figure they would say was required is much higher than what you think it would be.

Also, keep in mind you don't just grab someone off the street and have them start programming an expansion to a game they have never worked on. Employees must be trained and have some experience before they begin working on such a project. So who would do the training? Right, the current employees, most of whom work on AL. So again you are probably removing resources from AL, which again will have its price.

AvidLegend
04-19-2014, 10:06 PM
In order for them to work on PL they would have to hire more employees. An expansion takes them about 6 months to do and involves at least several employees. So for them to hire several new employees for a few months you are probably looking at $200k minimum. Do you really believe you can raise that kind of cash? I doubt you could even raise 5% of that.

If you really think you can raise that kind of cash, then go for it! But it seems a rather hopeless venture. There is a reason why they stopped adding expansions to PL -- they were not profitable. If a much larger player base did not spend enough cash back when they were adding new expansions every few months, then what makes you think you can get a now much much smaller player base to come up with enough now? The math does not add up.

I'm sure Spacetime has a figure in mind that would be required for such a venture. If a wealthy donor walked into their office tomorrow and offered to fund a new expansion for PL, I'm sure they would not show him the door. But I think the dollar figure they would say was required is much higher than what you think it would be.

Also, keep in mind you don't just grab someone off the street and have them start programming an expansion to a game they have never worked on. Employees must be trained and have some experience before they begin working on such a project. So who would do the training? Right, the current employees, most of whom work on AL. So again you are probably removing resources from AL, which again will have its price.

Yes it would require management and guidance on STS's part but most of what they need and will use will already exist. The programming is there for them to add on to and change. Find someone looking for a job that has some experience and I am sure their are many of them out there myself included but I live in California and am currently in the military, and let then have their own creative power with administrative oversight by STS. A new expansion in PL won't take more than 3 months to produce, maybe with a team of 4, running on a salary of let's say 60k a year for only a few months their total would be a large number but still would be achievable. Don't underestimate the amount of people who would push for something like this.

Cavoc
04-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Why Even Make Games If They Dont Have The Staff Members To Back Them.....

Because they have enough for al. And that's all they are concerned about.

Suentous PO
04-19-2014, 11:37 PM
To anyone shooting down any possibility that there could ever be a new anything in pl, let's take a moment to remember that Cinco is a badazz. Why do I say? He once created new content all by himself out of love for the game (SL).
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?95314-Thank-You-Cinco!&highlight=Cinco+content
Even if it was recolored, that is some dedication, all on his own. Who knows what could happen here.

So all you non devs saying no way- ssshhhhhh
Lel

CruelBlast
04-20-2014, 12:05 AM
If only we thought of this earlier, they would probably still care. Otherwise, I support this idea, I'll gladly throw in a few bucks :)!

AvidLegend
04-20-2014, 12:39 AM
Where are them devs at?

Burningdex
04-20-2014, 12:55 AM
Where are them devs at?

AL.

AvidLegend
04-20-2014, 01:05 AM
AL.

Lol exactly why I migrated to AL General forum as well

Anarchist
04-20-2014, 01:26 AM
They do! They do! throwing off $500 in one day is nothing in AL.
On mythic weekends more money is even spent.

That said, i am totally with you guys on this :)

Extreme
04-20-2014, 02:32 AM
They do! They do! throwing off $500 in one day is nothing in AL.
On mythic weekends more money is even spent.

That said, i am totally with you guys on this :)

$500 per person? Whoa..

AvidLegend
04-20-2014, 03:01 AM
$500 per person? Whoa..

I agree this is far fetched, I doubt millionaires choose to spend their time and money on AL. 500 x 365 = $182,500 a year for a iphone mmo.

bonekryzie
04-20-2014, 06:10 AM
i spend my time for this game ,,,,i dont care abouit my money,,this game really exicted n fun ,, i love pocket legends:p

Caiahar
04-20-2014, 06:25 AM
If more PL features are implemented into AL I am quitting. I don't like comparing AL to PL. Pl has it's certain spice, it's own kind of addiction, not something like spending.
hundreds of dollars on these virtual boxes when you have like 5% to get a mythic. I'm not interested in going that route. I also like this community, better than most other MMOs I have seen.
I do play AL from time to time, but I can't get Into it.

@sue: Cinco was just 2 awesome.

All for one, and one for all.

Justg
04-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Folks, this is a very touching sentiment. We really appreciate the thought, but as some other people have noted this would require staffing up and would have lots of other logistical impacts.

If and when we get around to updating PL it will have to be done as a natural evolution of our internal roadmap. Until then, please enjoy the game you have. We'll keep it running for ya.

CHeers,

- g