PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Set vs. Cyber/Keeper Staff vs. Cyber/Laser Wand/Gurgox Eye

BlueMagma
12-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Hey guys,
I'm just curious to find out what the difference is between these 3 sets, what the pros and cons are for each and which sets are most appropriate for Pure Int mages, Dex mages, and Str mages.

Arterra
12-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I guess best would be cyber armor and helm with keeper staff, but you won't see me wasting totems for any cyber cosmos gear.

FluffNStuff
12-17-2010, 10:24 AM
I guess best would be cyber armor and helm with keeper staff, but you won't see me wasting totems for any cyber cosmos gear.

Agreed, sticking with cosmos helm / robe and keeper.

Lesrider
12-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I've yet to decide what I'm doing with this set of totems -- rift or cosmos. Both seem like junk, but at least the robe is better than the mirage robe alone. The rift, on the other hand, is far inferior to original rift set.

KingFu
12-17-2010, 10:38 AM
I got Cyber cosmos robe purely because keepers staff, is all I use on my newly made int bear. I don't have much purpose for cyber void or rift since I find power and wraith sets better.

Axavier
12-17-2010, 12:35 PM
I prefer the cyber robe, helm with cosmo wand and gurg shield for high defense (96)

mrpredalien
12-17-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't even know, but I thank them for telling the answer,, lol

FluffNStuff
12-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Agreed, sticking with cosmos helm / robe and keeper.

Fluff has changed his stance with the new shield addition and is now going for the cosmos cyber set.

So Laser Wand / Cyber set for Over Lord and pess-poor groups.
Keepers for good groups.

Jsaieagle
12-18-2010, 03:27 AM
I don't really see any difference between the cosmos eye and the cyber doll

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Set bonus.
And you can sell your Gurg eyes now for little or no gold ;)

Jsaieagle
12-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Set bonus.
And you can sell your Gurg eyes now for little or no gold ;)

What is the set bonus, I really can't see any difference...

sabermage
12-18-2010, 09:59 AM
I finally bought a gurg eye yesterday to find out the cyber doll was going to be added. Someone got an extra 60K on an eye sale... dratz!

formosus808
12-18-2010, 04:48 PM
+6 armor +2 mana regen not sure what else

mrpredalien
12-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Yah,, what is a set bonus it keeps coming up and I have no idea..

Fyrce
12-20-2010, 05:06 AM
There are some item groups that, when worn together, has a bonus in addition to that shown in the item's info. The only way to tell this is to note down what your stats would look like if you wore the set, then wear the set and note down the additional bonus, beyond the stated stats, from wearing the set.

As far as I can tell, the mage cyber set bonuses are:
Cyber Set Staff BONUS: +1hit%,+6MP,+1Ms, +11dam,+5arm
Cyber Set Doll BONUS: +2hit%, +5mp,+1Ms,+5dam,+5arm

I forgot what the normal cosmos bonuses are, but since almost no one uses the Mirage Staff, I'm not sure anyone cares.

There was no cosmos eye-set bonus, so the biggest thing in the cyber quest is to get the doll set. For weapon+shield, that's the way to go for mage. For 2-handed weapon, I think most people are still going Keeper, though I use the Cyber armor and helm for the additonal armor (no set bonus).

Inching
12-20-2010, 06:09 AM
I use keeper plus cyber robe plus cosmo helm. Will nOt waste time on other cyber cosmo gear except maybe helm but that's a big maybe.

Farming for totems I got a mega void blaster drop .... Like WTH am I gonna do with that now????

Apraxhren
12-20-2010, 10:32 AM
There are some item groups that, when worn together, has a bonus in addition to that shown in the item's info. The only way to tell this is to note down what your stats would look like if you wore the set, then wear the set and note down the additional bonus, beyond the stated stats, from wearing the set.

As far as I can tell, the mage cyber set bonuses are:
Cyber Set Staff BONUS: +1hit%,+6MP,+1Ms, +11dam,+5arm
Cyber Set Doll BONUS: +2hit%, +5mp,+1Ms,+5dam,+5arm

I forgot what the normal cosmos bonuses are, but since almost no one uses the Mirage Staff, I'm not sure anyone cares.

There was no cosmos eye-set bonus, so the biggest thing in the cyber quest is to get the doll set. For weapon+shield, that's the way to go for mage. For 2-handed weapon, I think most people are still going Keeper, though I use the Cyber armor and helm for the additonal armor (no set bonus).

The only bonuses I get are
Cyber Doll +1Ms, +5damage, +5armor
Cyber Staff +1Ms, +10damage, +5armor

Am I mistaken?

Cosmos bonus is +5%hit, +5%crit, +3Hs, +50mana, +5Ms, +8damage, +4armor for comparison

Fyrce
12-21-2010, 03:27 AM
But, Inching, the doll!!!! I had to have the doll! Dollies!

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 01:31 AM
^^ The doll is pretty pwnage though.. :D

mrpredalien
12-22-2010, 06:06 PM
But, Inching, the doll!!!! I had to have the doll! Dollies!

LOL What a great expression XD
Dollies,, lol rofl

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 07:17 PM
The only bonuses I get are
Cyber Doll +1Ms, +5damage, +5armor
Cyber Staff +1Ms, +10damage, +5armor

Am I mistaken?

Cosmos bonus is +5%hit, +5%crit, +3Hs, +50mana, +5Ms, +8damage, +4armor for comparison

Your forgetting a few.

Full Cyber with the doll will give you a additional +5 armor, +1% hit percent, +5 manapool, +1 mana regeneration, +6 Damage Per second and +6 base damage.

Full Cyber with the staff will give you a additional +5 armor, +1% hit percent, + 5 manapool, + 1 mana regeneration, +11 base damage and + 10 Damage per second.

Oh oh don't forget about this toooooo!!

Cyber Armor has a hidden buff that gives you +25 Health and +25 Mana.

The armor looks great with the upcoming 'Cyber Skull' helmet... which adds glowing eyes... and should be available tomorrow.

(But it sounds like if the items are not surprising new appearances - I should not make them available?)

- Cinco

Apraxhren
12-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I was not "forgetting" as those are the only bonuses I receive with the gear. I do not receive any increase to hit%, mana, or health and the amount differs with what has been said. I am wondering if there is a bug or...
http://thoreau.frapteh.com/doll.pnghttp://thoreau.frapteh.com/gurgox.png

Pharcyde
12-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I was not "forgetting" as those are the only bonuses I receive with the gear. I do not receive any increase to hit%, mana, or health and the amount differs with what has been said. I am wondering if there is a bug or...
http://thoreau.frapteh.com/doll.pnghttp://thoreau.frapteh.com/gurgox.png

Hmm thats very interesting... I received the bonus in hit percent.

You did get portions of the bonus though.

Apraxhren
12-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Thanks, I was wondering which was wrong. If you couldn't tell from the screenshots I am using an android device but the bonus doesn't appear in the stats when an iPhone/Pad/Pod user inspects my character either.

About the hidden +25 health and mana is it hidden like the set bonus? or hidden as it doesn't change your displayed stats? do you see it?

Pharcyde
12-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks, I was wondering which was wrong. If you couldn't tell from the screenshots I am using an android device but the bonus doesn't appear in the stats when an iPhone/Pad/Pod user inspects my character either.

About the hidden +25 health and mana is it hidden like the set bonus? or hidden as it doesn't change your displayed stats? do you see it?

The +25 Mana and +25 Health showed up on my stats the second I put the armor on. I would e-mail the devs about that, it could be a Android bug since the Android is still so new to Pocket Legends.

Apraxhren
12-23-2010, 05:40 PM
The android client was my guess as well but a response to the thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?15355-Cyber-set-bonus-not-showing.&p=151007&viewfull=1#post151007 I made in bugs is experiancing the same problem on an iPod touch.

Pharcyde
12-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Hmm... Let me look over my stats. I'll see if I get everything.

FluffNStuff
12-23-2010, 06:53 PM
5 mana and 1percent hit are from the 11 int you get from equpiping. That could be the confusion.

Pharcyde
12-24-2010, 07:41 PM
5 mana and 1percent hit are from the 11 int you get from equpiping. That could be the confusion.

Maybe.. Idk I stopped trying to figure it out because equipping and reequipping while looking at stats starts to get confusing.