Oh my gosh!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/19/9etubenu.jpg
Bird-Eating Spider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
04-18-2014, 05:10 PM

Xenobiotic
04-18-2014, 05:17 PM

Precisely what I think of when I see this hideous thing except I burn the world afterwards.

PL•ayer
04-18-2014, 06:58 PM
How the heck did that get in? What'd u do with it?

Xenobiotic
04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
How the heck did that get in? What'd u do with it?

Dude hell no, if that was anywhere near my house I would've been scared. Anyways, it's known to be venomous BUT it is extremely unharmful. But man, these guys can eat snakes and females eat the male after they mate O.o which is pretty awkward..

Read more about this guy here -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goliath_birdeater

PL•ayer
04-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Wow ok thought u found one xD

I'm like super afraid of spiders

BTW u have 117 thanks and 1177 posts lol

Chronexia
04-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Oh my gosh!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/19/9etubenu.jpg
Bird-Eating Spider

That was a cute little spider :3

Sent from my GT-S7562

programmed
04-18-2014, 09:11 PM
It's just a lil spider.

Aveea
04-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Aww now, don't be scared...they are actually quite fragile. I work with them for Texas Parks and Wildlife. Just look scary. They are graceful beauties. <3

Xenobiotic
04-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Aww now, don't be scared...they are actually quite fragile. I work with them for Texas Parks and Wildlife. Just look scary. They are graceful beauties. <3

What? They live in Texas? Should I move from Texas or wut? Cause I have arachnophobia...

Aveea
04-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Lol, we have Texas Brown Tarantulas here. I could totally sell you on em if given the time. Read up on em. They are amazing :)

Schnitzel
04-18-2014, 10:05 PM
time to go live on the moon...

Suentous PO
04-19-2014, 12:30 AM
I've owned a tarantula for couple decades now and have raised several species.
Yeah all the species of the American southwest are generally pretty mello.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?65649-Spiders!!-)&highlight=Suentous%20spider

Arpluvial
04-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Nope.

Nope nope nope nope nope.

How about some NOPE.

Conquered
04-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Nope.

How about some NOPE.
Lol, Ill protect you! :D

CAK Vader
04-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Nope.

How about some NOPE. SAVE ME CAK Vader!!

Don't worry buddy D: I'll protect you with my life!

Conquered
04-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Don't worry buddy D: I'll protect you with my life!
Stalker XD

Fao
04-19-2014, 11:01 AM

That's what I'm saying...

yasshh
04-20-2014, 01:03 AM

How about mars?moon is quite small for warriors i heard

Xenobiotic
04-20-2014, 07:48 PM
How about mars?moon is quite small for warriors i heard

Nah, I think maybe we should move to the next galaxy.

programmed
04-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Nah, I think maybe we should move to the next galaxy.

Well a few days ago NASA did find an earth-like planet that can possibly support life. It has water and clouds and continents. Maybe if you can find a way to travel 500 light years you'll be safe there when spiders take over the earth :)

bloodpack004
04-21-2014, 03:42 AM
this what happens when i see a spider.

Burningdex
04-21-2014, 06:06 AM

u did this b4 admit it

Xenobiotic
04-21-2014, 08:26 AM

u did this b4 admit it

That's 1/1000th of what I would do.

Schnitzel
04-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Well a few days ago NASA did find an earth-like planet that can possibly support life. It has water and clouds and continents. Maybe if you can find a way to travel 500 light years you'll be safe there when spiders take over the earth :)

but what if..the life forms on that other planet has no..not spiders
Giant Spiders?!!?!?!?

Nope. nope. nope. nope. nope.
Lets move back to regular earth

Zylx
04-23-2014, 04:50 PM
I saw this crazy wasp fly right past me when i was out in my yard. I ran inside, slammed the door, locked it, and hid in my room.

http://tinylittlelife.org/content/images/2007-08-26_ichneumon_wasp57.jpg

I've never seen anything like it! (Ichneumon Wasp)

Schnitzel
04-23-2014, 04:54 PM
if ur in your room, how did u take a picture?

Zylx
04-23-2014, 04:57 PM
if ur in your room, how did u take a picture?

I got that pic off the internet

Zylx
04-23-2014, 04:59 PM
It flew like that thing weighed it down. It was a few years ago, but i remember it vividly.

programmed
04-23-2014, 05:22 PM
I saw this crazy wasp fly right past me when i was out in my yard. I ran inside, slammed the door, locked it, and hid in my room.

http://tinylittlelife.org/content/images/2007-08-26_ichneumon_wasp57.jpg

I've never seen anything like it! (Ichneumon Wasp)

Don't worry those don't sting you haha. That long stinger is for poking trees to lay their eggs in them not for stinging people :p

Suentous PO
04-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Don't worry those don't sting you haha. That long stinger is for poking trees to lay their eggs in them not for stinging people :p
Nice I didn't think anyone would know that kind of thing, your an animal lover I bet.
I ment to ask you what kind of bird you have? I have a parrot at the moment, is why I ask.

programmed
04-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Nice I didn't think anyone would know that kind of thing, your an animal lover I bet.
I ment to ask you what kind of bird you have? I have a parrot at the moment, is why I ask.

Ya I am but we also had them all over when I lived in Virginia.
And I have a house sparrow that I rescued but couldn't be released since it imprinted on me, I also have a blue quaker parrot, and also 8 show pigeons (an English trumpeter, a pair of Egyptian swifts, and the rest are homing pigeons).

Suentous PO
04-23-2014, 08:06 PM
^cool, I've rehabbed a few over the years, mostly corvid species tho (love them) some English sparrows too. (:

programmed
04-23-2014, 10:08 PM
^cool, I've rehabbed a few over the years, mostly corvid species tho (love them) some English sparrows too. (:

Ah cool :) I usually have a few each year that I find with a destroyed nest from the dogs or when were moving hay bales and find a best hidden between them or something. This was the first one to imprint on me though. Luckily it wasn't an illegal species to keep since they're not a native species and considered pests. Even if she wasn't imprinted she wouldn't be able to be released with the deformity she was born with. If you ever take in another one and don't know what to do just pm me, I'd be glad to help :). Each species requires different care and food to keep alive. An important thing to remember is never feed them worms. A lot of people think that's what they need but worms are actually toxic to most species.

Trenton
04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Get a room you too^

Lel jk luv u <3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Arpluvial
04-23-2014, 11:19 PM
These pictures make me want to wear a cast iron body suit at all times. Eye holes? Nope. Why? Spiders and wasps. :dread:

Kellhus
04-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Don't come to Australia if you dont like spiders... Its not the big ones you have to worry about!

Conquered
04-24-2014, 12:58 AM
I remember when I was a kid, I try to pet a spider. It was a good pet, after that nightmare happened. Spider bit me in my arm, what i did throw him in the floor and step on it. Starting that day, i hate petting spiders.

Kellhus
04-24-2014, 02:58 AM
I remember when I was a kid, I try to pet a spider. It was a good pet, after that nightmare happened. Spider bit me in my arm, what i did throw him in the floor and step on it. Starting that day, i hate petting spiders.

Genius.
:-P

Aveea
04-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Ya I am but we also had them all over when I lived in Virginia.
And I have a house sparrow that I rescued but couldn't be released since it imprinted on me, I also have a blue quaker parrot, and also 8 show pigeons (an English trumpeter, a pair of Egyptian swifts, and the rest are homing pigeons).

A blue quaker! Didn't know there are blue ones until this thread. I had a green one, loved him dearly. His vocabulary was huge and he never failed to tell me good morning and night night at the appropriate times. Can yours sing "the quaker song" ??? ;)

programmed
04-24-2014, 07:50 AM
A blue quaker! Didn't know there are blue ones until this thread. I had a green one, loved him dearly. His vocabulary was huge and he never failed to tell me good morning and night night at the appropriate times. Can yours sing "the quaker song" ??? ;)

There are blue ones but they are rare and hard to find. He needed a new home so I took him in. He used to say a lot but now all he says is something his previous owner must've taught him. Its like a loud mumble that sounds like "ima kick your *** right now, right now". And he is kinda a jerk. I tried to teach him not to bite but I can't even take him out of his cage anymore without losing some skin. His previous owner must've pulled their hand away when he tried to bite which makes them think its a game and that biting isn't bad. I think I'll have to re-home him soon to someone who is better at teaching him not to bite or at least not do it so hard. And I don't think he knows the quaker song but I also don't know what song you mean.

Aveea
04-24-2014, 11:09 AM
There are blue ones but they are rare and hard to find. He needed a new home so I took him in. He used to say a lot but now all he says is something his previous owner must've taught him. Its like a loud mumble that sounds like "ima kick your *** right now, right now". And he is kinda a jerk. I tried to teach him not to bite but I can't even take him out of his cage anymore without losing some skin. His previous owner must've pulled their hand away when he tried to bite which makes them think its a game and that biting isn't bad. I think I'll have to re-home him soon to someone who is better at teaching him not to bite or at least not do it so hard. And I don't think he knows the quaker song but I also don't know what song you mean.

Just google "the quaker song" its so cute. As far as the biting, I'd file his beak just a bit and hold him in a towel and try to pet him a lil every day while doin that. Ik they can be quite the little tyrants, but mine was the same way untill he finally yielded to my stubborn nature and accepted my petting him. I used to say "its ok" then after a while he'd say it and that was my que he wanted out for play. :)

programmed
04-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Just google "the quaker song" its so cute. As far as the biting, I'd file his beak just a bit and hold him in a towel and try to pet him a lil every day while doin that. Ik they can be quite the little tyrants, but mine was the same way untill he finally yielded to my stubborn nature and accepted my petting him. I used to say "its ok" then after a while he'd say it and that was my que he wanted out for play. :)

Alright I'll google it later then. And I've tried the towel thing. He tries to bite me still but since he's in the towel and can't reach me he bites himself instead and makes a mess of blood. It's because one of his previous owners didn't do things right. When he tried to bite them they would pull away which makes them think its a game because they can scare you. You're supposed to push into the bite. As much as it can hurt its supposed to show him you're not afraid and that it isn't a game. I've done that for 3 years now, but for the first 4 years of his life that his previous owner had him they didn't do things right. It just keeps getting worse and worse with the biting.

Aveea
04-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Alright I'll google it later then. And I've tried the towel thing. He tries to bite me still but since he's in the towel and can't reach me he bites himself instead and makes a mess of blood. It's because one of his previous owners didn't do things right. When he tried to bite them they would pull away which makes them think its a game because they can scare you. You're supposed to push into the bite. As much as it can hurt its supposed to show him you're not afraid and that it isn't a game. I've done that for 3 years now, but for the first 4 years of his life that his previous owner had him they didn't do things right. It just keeps getting worse and worse with the biting.

Awww, I feel bad for him. Poor baby :(

programmed
04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Awww, I feel bad for him. Poor baby :(

Yeah. Well his owner before me was a little girl who looked like she was around 8 years old. A little kid shouldn't have a parrot, they're most likely not going to push into the bite and instead pull back in fear. That's why he's like this.

EDIT: lol just googled that. Amazing how smart they are, eh?