PDA

View Full Version : Singe pet for mage (comments?)

will0
04-18-2014, 08:00 PM
I know the best pet for mage according to the order below:

1. Sameal
2. Whim +25 stats, +10int , +15% damage , +10% Dodge, + 15% movement
3. HJ
4. Glacian

But there is no discussion about mage using Singe, I know the pet lack of Crit which is important but like Whim it has damage stats and base damage +30 stats +10 INT/ STR / DEX and +12% dmg (i would be a nicer version of Whim)

Any thoughts if you have Sameal and Whim will you get Singe?

Trenton
04-18-2014, 08:11 PM
I don't have experience with Singe, but based on the happiness bonus and the basic fact that the pet does indeed stun, it seems wonderful. +12% DMG, +30 Primary Stat, +10 DEX, INT, STR, Damage Reduced by 4%, it seems like a great pet. The damage reduction to me seems like a great thing, because its sort of like having an extra 50 armor. (rounded) +12% DMG and +40 INT is gonna give hella damage, so its great for that. Seems like it would be better than Whim, other than Whim's dodge, speed, and AoE AA. (seems like a lot lol ._.) They both have their ups and downs, but I think Singe would be a great pet.

Primeblades
04-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Yes I have had the question in my mind too! Singe's stats look incredibly awesome but everyone says Sam and whim are the best pets, I would like to hear from some pro twinks who use both singe whim or singe and Sam which they like better and why.

Dinamit
04-19-2014, 05:39 PM
If I were you I would get Whim. They are probably the best PvE pet for mage...

will0
04-19-2014, 07:49 PM
I have Whim and Sameal and thinking if i should invest on Singe

nevermind i saw there's a discussion here on Singe http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?143999-Demise-of-Singe/page2

supersyan
04-21-2014, 12:06 PM
i recently run a mage with singe @ km3 (it was random). Doesn't seem to be that great :/

Haligali
04-21-2014, 02:45 PM
I also have these pets. Samael better in pvp, whim better in pve. I dont see the point why should a mage obtain singe.

will0
04-21-2014, 06:15 PM
i really like Singe FB attack and stun i saw it stun snakes at enclave also buffing allies +15 helps alot in killing the elite mobs .. but loosing the crit using it is no fun

falmear
04-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Overall Singe is fine but there is nothing compelling about him. STS may boost him it seems so some merch maybe hording them. I prefer Samael because even though banish may not work, panic usually does so I like him on any map. I love Whim on some Tindirin maps, I like him better then Samael. And after seeing me using Whim I know people who bought Whim or want to buy him. Singe on the other hand, can't say I noticed any real difference when he was in my party. Even when there was 3 Singe. In PvP at end game, crit basically rules now. I don't really think you can kill anyone without crits. Rogue crit is way too high now so its basically an arms race. You need to match them, so losing crit on Singe is a huge downside. Singe is a tanking pet, and a tanking pet on a mage will always be subpar.

One caveat I will add is that if you are a dedicated curse mage in CTF, Singe may work well. The problem is the opposing side has all Samaels, its a huge problem with getting panic/stun locked. But giving the most health, plus damage reduction will allow you to reflect more damage. But 4% on a mage isn't much.

will0
04-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks Falmear totally agree, side topic is Lightning AOE nerf in Elite enclave or all elite maps? It doesnt seems to happen most elite maps in Enclave..

falmear
04-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks Falmear totally agree, side topic is Lightning AOE nerf in Elite enclave or all elite maps? It doesnt seems to happen most elite maps in Enclave..

It doesn't happen because you have to kill something with lightning first then you got 15% or 25% chance. So most likely it will die by some other means and not lightning. Unlike running km3 you can smoke a mob with 1 lightning. So you basically never get an opportunity in elite to roll the dice, so to speak. Electrical discharge is only good for running tombs and any easy map.

will0
04-21-2014, 06:35 PM
It doesn't happen because you have to kill something with lightning first then you got 15% or 25% chance. So most likely it will die by some other means and not lightning. Unlike running km3 you can smoke a mob with 1 lightning. So you basically never get an opportunity in elite to roll the dice, so to speak. Electrical discharge is only good for running tombs and any easy map.

Thanks, pretty useless upgrade for Elite then for lightning AOE.

Ice doesn't freeze most mobs either apart spiders, too challenging to for a mage to run elite ..

falmear
04-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks, pretty useless upgrade for Elite then for lightning AOE.

Ice doesn't freeze most mobs either apart spiders, too challenging to for a mage to run elite ..

Yes when they want to make the game more challenging they nerf our skills. They had to back pedal on the snakes and made them rootable. I am doing well in Tindirin, so I am fine with the level of difficulty apart from the 1 hits.

Also as a final commentary on Singe, if they buff him I am guessing they'll add a crit bonus to his arcane. This is pure speculation on my part but most people seem to be saying he lacks crit. So I doubt they'd boost his base stats. Also because of the cool down it is a way to give it to us and not give it to us at the same time. If they do this I'd think it would be in the 10%-20% ballpark. But like I said its just speculation on my part.