PDA

View Full Version : How to get The Great Defiler title?

Demonharphas
04-18-2014, 08:33 PM
Hello everyone, yesterday I did elite the wilds with some friends and we tried to get The Great Defiler title, we tried like 10 times but we couldn't, and at the end someone dc so we just fought the boss and killed it.
Our party consisted of:
1 tank
3 rogues.
All Legendary weapons
All mythic gear.
One arcane pet (Singe)
This was our strategy:
The tank would keep busy the two guards while the rogues attacked the egg, we used Singe, Talon and Ribbit.
We almost broke the egg before it hatched once, but i believe it was just luck lol
So what are we doing wrong? Is there a specific strategy or we need to have better gear?
Thanks in advance!

Crowsfoot
04-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Use mythic weapons and its a cake walk. It's a hard AP.

falmear
04-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Try using damage elixirs on the 3 rogues if you didn't. You can buy them with gold now.

Candylicks
04-19-2014, 05:34 AM
It's tough. I agree have dmg get the elixir to give you that extra bit you need. Good luck!

Madnex
04-19-2014, 06:11 AM
Something else is that once you enter the boss area, the rogue party should go straight for the egg from one side or another or else you're wasting valuable seconds if you wait for the warrior to aggro and move the guards away.

Classychic
04-19-2014, 02:25 PM
It's not all about the damage you inflict. Gotta take away some of the egg's armor as well. Hope this helps! :)

I've accomplished this AP with one tank and 3 rogues, only one full myth rogue (2 of us used the expedition bow) and 1 arcane pet only. It's not all about your equips. We didn't need a damage elixir either.

Palauboy
04-19-2014, 11:09 PM
@Demonharpas, I did try with the same party as yours yesterday with 3 rogue mythic geared except weapons and we failed.. tried so many times with arcane buff pet and crit pets even switch to bow yet still failed though and all 3 rogue turned on their damage elixirs as well.. if sts expect us to use mythic weapon just to do that one particular AP then its ridiculous. Should put a warning sign instead, like " Warning Mythic Weapons Only" . lol lol

Otahaanak
04-20-2014, 02:22 AM
It can be done without Mythic weapons. We did it with Mage and two Rogues - I was using 41 Rifle and both Rogues used Recurve Potency. Tank holds aggro on the two bosees. Also no Arcane pets were used.

It is really difficult - skill timing is key as well as what Classy said above.