PDA

View Full Version : What Arcanes/Mythics still drop from crates?

Trenton
04-18-2014, 08:37 PM
I know the Hween mythics don't drop, and I know that Whim/Slag/Abaddon don't drop anymore, but wasn't sure if any others are dc'd right now. Just curious :D

Crowsfoot
04-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Current Drops:

Mythic​:
Helms
Armors
Amulets
Ring

Arcane:
Shard
Hammerjaw
Glacian
Sammael
Singe
Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks
Maul of Ollerus
Ker'shal Septer

Lovingly
04-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Current Drops:

Mythic​:
Helms
Armors
Amulets
Ring

Arcane:
Shard
Hammerjaw
Glacian
Sammael
Singe

No weapons?

Reunegade
04-18-2014, 09:18 PM
No weapons?
Hey lov! It's me Faked! :)

Yeah, no weapons I think.

Energizeric
04-18-2014, 09:50 PM
All mythic and arcane items that have ever been released still drop from locked crates with the exception of level 31 & 36 mythic weapons which were both limited time releases and have since been discontinued.

Bless
04-18-2014, 09:54 PM
All mythic and arcane items that have ever been released still drop from locked crates with the exception of level 31 & 36 mythic weapons which were both limited time releases and have since been discontinued. Hooks are Discontinued in locked crates.

Trenton
04-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Ok so the arcane maul/staff still drop? Just making sure. Also I'm pretty sure the mythic pets are dc'd, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
04-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Hooks are Discontinued in locked crates.

They are? I don't remember ever reading that in an update. When did this happen?

Crowsfoot
04-19-2014, 12:01 AM
They are? I don't remember ever reading that in an update. When did this happen?
When shard was released. It was my understanding all arcane weapons were removed from locked crates. They are still lootable from their respective elite golden chests.

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 12:21 AM
When shard was released. It was my understanding all arcane weapons were removed from locked crates. They are still lootable from their respective elite golden chests.

I know that's not true because Zeus looted a kershal after the expansion.

falmear
04-19-2014, 12:37 AM
I can't locate anything in the announcement section saying that hooks, maul or kershal were removed from crates.

Kakashis
04-19-2014, 01:22 AM
I can't locate anything in the announcement section saying that hooks, maul or kershal were removed from crates.

Yeah they still drop from crates. But seriously, I'm starting to lose sight of what this expansion can still give us. We're already making decent times for elite using outdated mythic items with the exception armor/helm. With the decreasing price of the elite pinks everyday, what are we supposed to make of the mid season itemization? The magma sets will become junk like the architect sets making end game farming unprofitable. I hope STS has an ace up their sleeve other than releasing event armors or new mythic amulets/rings/weapons. Making such items would kill the point of running elites.

My suggestion is to rather add the complementary counterpart to elite drops instead. Sword and shield for warrior, gun for sorc, and bow for rogue. At least that will enhance elites rather than nerfing it so early like in shuyal.

thepitcher
04-19-2014, 03:05 AM
For so far i know kershal and maul are still lootable

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeah they still drop from crates. But seriously, I'm starting to lose sight of what this expansion can still give us. We're already making decent times for elite using outdated mythic items with the exception armor/helm. With the decreasing price of the elite pinks everyday, what are we supposed to make of the mid season itemization? The magma sets will become junk like the architect sets making end game farming unprofitable. I hope STS has an ace up their sleeve other than releasing event armors or new mythic amulets/rings/weapons. Making such items would kill the point of running elites.

My suggestion is to rather add the complementary counterpart to elite drops instead. Sword and shield for warrior, gun for sorc, and bow for rogue. At least that will enhance elites rather than nerfing it so early like in shuyal.

I'm guessing we will see more than just a few additional items added to existing dungeons. I think it may be a mini-expansion similar to what we had in season 3 when two additional dungeons and the kraken mines were added along with some new gear (Firesquid staff & Fangmaster rings). I'm thinking they are going to do something like this, and will probably add some sort of new mythics to the mix.

As for making the magma items worthless, I think that is the new itemization strategy going forward -- there will be new and better gear released every couple of months for the foreseeable future. So that will actually keep elite farming interesting. What made elite farming worthless last season was that the Hellish and later on the Tarlok items were not lootable from the elite maps. I think the new gear released this season will be lootable in the elite maps.

So if you are worried about buying end game gear and having it lose its value in a couple of months, then you are never going to have the best gear and will never be able to succeed in PvP or in other areas. The idea is to keep things interesting by always having paths to upgrade your gear instead of buying one set of gear and having it be the best for the next year. That is what killed the previous expansion.

Kakashis
04-19-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm guessing we will see more than just a few additional items added to existing dungeons. I think it may be a mini-expansion similar to what we had in season 3 when two additional dungeons and the kraken mines were added along with some new gear (Firesquid staff & Fangmaster rings). I'm thinking they are going to do something like this, and will probably add some sort of new mythics to the mix.

As for making the magma items worthless, I think that is the new itemization strategy going forward -- there will be new and better gear released every couple of months for the foreseeable future. So that will actually keep elite farming interesting. What made elite farming worthless last season was that the Hellish and later on the Tarlok items were not lootable from the elite maps. I think the new gear released this season will be lootable in the elite maps.

So if you are worried about buying end game gear and having it lose its value in a couple of months, then you are never going to have the best gear and will never be able to succeed in PvP or in other areas. The idea is to keep things interesting by always having paths to upgrade your gear instead of buying one set of gear and having it be the best for the next year. That is what killed the previous expansion.

Yes as long as the new gears drop from elite and not from doing normal pumpkin or portal running. I don't pvp at end game so I've never been fully best of the best equipped. If elite maps still drop the same items but there's a hellish or tarlok equivalent, then elites will become pointless. Same if they only give us op locked crate mythics. Run times will be cut short making items worth less with market flooding as well as the desire to buy them to not be there (demand drops). In the game to date, there's never been the counterpart weapon to drop from elite. Usually those are the weapons of choice.

Even archon rings aren't that great this season and almost the same as last season's.

keikali
04-19-2014, 11:37 AM
All weapons are still lootable. Guildie looted hooks the other day.

The only things that are not lootable are the mythic weapons, all mythic eggs and the Whim Egg.

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Yes as long as the new gears drop from elite and not from doing normal pumpkin or portal running. I don't pvp at end game so I've never been fully best of the best equipped. If elite maps still drop the same items but there's a hellish or tarlok equivalent, then elites will become pointless. Same if they only give us op locked crate mythics. Run times will be cut short making items worth less with market flooding as well as the desire to buy them to not be there (demand drops). In the game to date, there's never been the counterpart weapon to drop from elite. Usually those are the weapons of choice.

Even archon rings aren't that great this season and almost the same as last season's.

I agree. Do keep in mind that mythic and arcane also can be found in elite golden chests, so they don't only come in locked crates.

Uikuha
04-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Lv 31 myth weapon is discontinued?

Sorry my English

Ravager
04-19-2014, 01:14 PM
All weapons are still lootable. Guildie looted hooks the other day.

The only things that are not lootable are the mythic weapons, all mythic eggs and the Whim Egg.

The answer is here. Thanks keikali.

Orageunas
04-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Lv 31 myth weapon is discontinued?

Sorry my English
Yes.

Zeus
04-19-2014, 06:12 PM

No they aren't.

Bless
04-19-2014, 06:20 PM

No they aren't. I have been corrected, I've always heard they actually were discontinued, but they are rumours I guess.

Zeus
04-19-2014, 06:47 PM
I have been corrected, I've always heard they actually were discontinued, but they are rumours I guess.

Ya, I saw that after I posted, lol. I didn't mean to be a jerk and correct you twice!

Madnex
04-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Obvious lie is obvious. xD