PDA

View Full Version : Receive In-Game Message from the Arlor Post Office...

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 01:51 PM
It would be very useful to have a way to exchange messages with other players who are offline. Many of us are in different time zones and are not online at the same times of day, and many players do not use the forum. Here is my suggestion....

1) The "Arlor Post Office" is a new place you can visit in the Great City of Kraag.

2) The Arlor Post Office is a store front which looks similar to the guild castle, and when you go inside there is an NPC which gives you access to your mailbox, just like the NPC who gives you access to your stash.

3) Since sending mail in the real world is not free, it is not free in Arlor either. Sending a message to another player costs 100 gold and can only be done while in the Post Office. By requiring that players go to the Post Office to send a message and pay 100 gold, we will cut down on the amount of spam being sent. If we make this feature free and accessible from the menu, then people will have their mailboxes cluttered with spam.

4) All players will have 3 message slots in their mailbox, and additional slots can be purchased for plat. (Yes, without some sort of plat revenue, I doubt STS will pursue this idea as it is probably NOT a small project)

5) If you attempt to send a message to someone whose mailbox is full, you will receive a notification that their box is full and you will NOT be charged 100 gold.

6) Players will receive an in-game message notifying them when they have a message waiting in their mailbox, similar to how they receive an in-game message when a crafting project is done or when they have a reward waiting from Klaas.

7) Players using a mobile game client can receive push messages when they have a message in their mailbox, the same way they receive notifications when a crafting project is done or when they have a reward waiting from Klass.

Temarichan
04-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Perhaps instead of letter limit, a character limit.

The normal is 150 characters, then use plat to increase the amount of characters. 250-->500-->750-->1000

Something kindve like that.

Ebezaanec
04-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Yay.. Hopes it gets noticed..

Btw, how about parcel deliveries for gifts? :p

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 02:53 PM
Btw, how about parcel deliveries for gifts? :p

Cool idea. For a surcharge of 250 gold, you can attach an item and/or gold to a message.

basketholic209
04-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Definitely needed, especially for merchers like me, lol :)

Giuewek
04-19-2014, 02:59 PM
+1!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Trenton
04-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Great idea, +1. Trying to get ahold of a seller/buyer is a pain, and you could mail them a time in which to get on. (Just an idea of a use for it)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Serancha
04-19-2014, 04:43 PM
I'd say make the price a decent amount and use this as a gold sink. 10k per message. It is a luxury, after all.

Madnex
04-19-2014, 05:30 PM
This is a cool idea although I doubt they're willing to make such sizable additions to the game at this point. 1000 gold fee would be more than enough, in any case.

+1

Helicopter
04-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I'd say make the price a decent amount and use this as a gold sink. 10k per message. It is a luxury, after all.

Lucky NPC. lol.

Anyways, 500 should do per message, and if you want to add an item or a certain amount of gold, plus 350 :P
For more message slots, you can buy them with Story Tokens, or plat.
Just a suggestion for your suggestion.

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I don't think the price needs to be outrageous or nobody will us the feature. The idea is that it should be cheap enough that most players don't think twice about using it, but expensive enough so that players don't send out spam messages for no reason but to be annoying. I think somewhere in the range of 100-200 gold per message is a fair price. You'd be surprised how 100 gold per message will add up with thousands of players using the feature on a daily basis.

Toogy
04-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Make it simple ;)

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

Zeus
04-19-2014, 06:59 PM
How about charging per character? So, something like 10-20 gold per character?

Kellhus
04-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Good idea.this subject was brought up before but obviously never done nor do i think anyone had the same idea as you. It's a really clever idea and i think the gold charge of 100-250 sounds reasonable and the extra message slots for plat is a win for sts as well. You are right that it needs to be accessible enough that people will use it and not just people with large amounts of money or plat. Really hope sts tales notice of this. Well done.

Hiosahaf
04-19-2014, 07:38 PM
How about charging per character? So, something like 10-20 gold per character?

1.5k-3k gold then for 150 characters. Original idea is better I guess :) (of 100-200g)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Zeus
04-19-2014, 07:42 PM
1.5k-3k gold then for 150 characters. Original idea is better I guess :) (of 100-200g)

Exactly why. If you want to send a long message, pay up the gold. xD

Hiosahaf
04-19-2014, 07:46 PM

How about charging for letters instead of characters?

Froxanthar
04-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Great Idea! +1

Bless
04-19-2014, 09:14 PM

How about charging for letters instead of characters?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk Not sure if trolling....or didnt understand the quote :confused:

Hiosahaf
04-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Not sure if trolling....or didnt understand the quote :confused:

Just an honest suggestion..

Gold sink should take the gold from where it is, shouldn't cost that much for the poor players either. Cost per character will be quite expensive as compared to cost per letter. Of course with a minimum fee of a few gold.

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 10:01 PM
I really don't see a need to charge per character. Just charge per message. The point of charging is to make sure there is not a ton of spam going around. With this idea, most players will only have a few message slots in their mailbox, and most would be quite annoyed if they got cluttered up every hour with spam. So that's the purpose of charging per message. I don't really see this as an effective gold sink. There are much better ideas for that.

Another idea to make sure this is not abused is to limit the amount of outgoing messages anyone can send per day, or even per hour. There are real concerns with a system like this. For example, what if a competitor of STS started sending messages to players advertising a different game. You wouldn't want someone to figure out a way to automate the process and start spamming everyone. So there surely needs to be limits on this.

Classychic
04-19-2014, 10:38 PM
I like this idea! But please don't charge per character, I don't want people having to resort to telegraph-like lingo to save on gold :)

supersyan
04-19-2014, 11:27 PM
And appoint me as Postman:smile:

Prahasit Prahi
04-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Awesome Idea hope it gets implement soon.

~Prahi

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Just for kicks they can add the "Postmaster" achievement when you both send and receive 10 messages. :)

Energizeric
04-19-2014, 11:52 PM
And appoint me as Postman:smile:

Since I'm the one who came up with the idea.... :p

Zylx
04-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Here're my suggestion ideas to add to the OP's mailbox idea:

In the inbox section of your mailbox, your messages are separated into 4 folders based on who sent them (Friends, Guildmates, Favorites, Others). And because there are players that fit in more than one category, the sender has the option to send the message to either folder. A player you favorited will have their messages sent to favorites regardless of who they are. A player can disable their inbox at any time. They can also have an ignore list.

But i doubt this would ever make its way to AL for storage reasons. All those messages gotta be stored on some memory! Especially those who quit the game. Their inbox messages would pile up like crazy and take up delicate memory. Though it seems like a terrific idea!

Iliketolol
04-20-2014, 12:10 AM
+1..

Capolista
04-20-2014, 04:06 AM
Mailbox system reminds me of the first MMORPG that i ever played ..

Nexia the kingdom of the winds.

Great idea though ..

+1

Kellhus
04-20-2014, 04:25 AM
I would never use this if cost per character. Dumb. Just make it one bloody fee and stop trying to complicate matters.

yasshh
04-20-2014, 05:32 AM
Great idea +1..

Candylicks
04-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Yay another way to message people. I'm all for this Ener, you got the good ideas!

Remiem
04-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! It's definitely a great one and would be a great addition to the game. It's something we've discussed before and has been on the back burner for a little while. I've passed this along to the devs to see if it's something still on the table for the future.

tofiluk
04-24-2014, 08:39 AM
+1 for this Idea.