PDA

View Full Version : Number of Kills

bjordan
12-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I've noticed that the number of total kills for your character only goes up when you kill enemies that you get experience. Which makes sense because if not you could just go back to Forest Haven and kill a ton of easy things to pad your kill count.

So I'm guessing when you hit 50 that because of this you can never increase your kill count at level 50 is that correct?

I don't want to get a level 50 that has a low kill count and have people boot me because of it. I have 2 characters (one level 33 and one 35). My level 33 has about twice the kills of my 35 because it was my first character and I didn't know about the Experience Elixirs.

I figure the best tactic is to hit level 49, then turn off experience gain while you farm money and items until you have a 10k+ kill count and then hit 50?

Kingofhurtz
12-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Nope kills still count at 50 for some unknown reason. Probably because the highest level that can be reached theoretically in AO3 is 53(correct me if I'm wrong). So therefore you are not technically up to the level cap for that dungeon even though it's impossible as of now to level up past 50...(hint hint ;) )

Rnrking
12-17-2010, 04:27 PM
how is the max lvl 53? hows that work?

King Richie
12-17-2010, 04:29 PM
When a new dungeon comes out you will be able to level to 53 in ao3 its just the way the dungeons work your always able to level up in them after the lock is lifted !!

Kingofhurtz
12-17-2010, 04:29 PM
For every dungeon, you can got three levels higher than the umm can't think of a good word. Example: before AO3 came out, in AO2, you could level up to 45 obviously and that was the cap. But once AO3 came out, you were able to level up to 48 in AO2 without even buying AO3.

Arterra
12-17-2010, 04:32 PM
u "get" exp while in 50, just doesnt add to your number.

bjordan
12-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Ah okay. Awesome. Thanks for the response. That's good news then. I was really afraid I'd screw myself with a low kill count at 50. I'm not a leecher, I don't have people power level me. However I do spend money on exp elixirs when I first start at a new area to speed things up. I was afraid this would hurt me at 50. Glad to know it won't. Or if it does I can still grind up kills .. haha

Orei
12-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Don't worry about no of kills u have. It makes no difference if u have 1k kills or 100k kills. If u are a good player who works well with the team it shouldn't pose a problem. Players who judge u base on the number of kills u make ought to be the ones to be booted IMO. Have fun.

Snakespeare
12-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Should mention the color of the threat level, too. Level 50s are still seeing yellow threat levels, so kills count, and if they could gain XP it would be at 1.5X.

XP and kills stop when the threat level indicator goes gray. Look at the bubble next to the opponents' life meter.

Steverd
12-17-2010, 06:57 PM
u "get" exp while in 50, just doesnt add to your number.

How about the Kill Count in quest, why doesn't those kills add to my kill count?

Steverd