PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Swamps : Enemies

King Richie
05-07-2010, 09:15 AM
hi spacetime i was just wonderin with the new mob consider thing i have noticed while farming frogmar the bit** i noticed that some times il start the game and the enemies will be red on the consider thing and another time it will be yellow and sometimes white ?

Is this a bug on the consider thing or is it that u use a random spawn system which spawns enemies from like lvl 30 - 35 or do you have certain enemies spawn on certain lvls and its just a bug on the consider mob thing

I have even noticed that sometimes frogmar is yellow and then other times red
id just like to know whats goin on =)

Esus
05-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Ahh the witch... How come she can one hit kill some of us with a crittical strike? Seems slightly unfair. I've seen her kill a fully healed group of 5 in one shot... What the deal?

Obliteration
05-07-2010, 09:50 AM
She's overpowered, will wipe a whole group of 35s if you don't spam pots.

King Richie
05-07-2010, 09:56 AM
no the way i see frogmar .. shes not overpowerd what its making ppl do is to respec back to a normal class because i am a dps archer i have STR-9
DEX-192 INT-2 but im goin to respec to having about 50 STR so i have enough health to survive that nuke that she can use ..

I IN NO WAY MEAN THAT SPACE TIME MADE HER TO MAKE PPL RESPEC what i mean is that it stops ppl using these super overpowered classes =)

nerdherd
05-07-2010, 09:58 AM
She keeps things interesting, that's for sure.

Jovians
05-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I aggree I think SS needs to make everything harder. Don't get me wrong I farm to but I wanna see ppl not solo farm instances anymore. I what grps to take skill to beat things. That's where the game gets real fun. :)

King Richie
05-07-2010, 11:53 AM
well devs ?

WarMage
05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Hard mode?

Endless
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
I think that a boss should be able to smack down an unprepared group. Teaches tactics while in a party which is completely different from solo grinding. Not to mention that I use almost all of my skills now to survive Frogmar. Keeps me on my toes!

Azrael
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM
She's overpowered, will wipe a whole group of 35s if you don't spam pots.

She's not overpowered at all. She's a pincushion for my blade.

Leach
05-08-2010, 05:07 PM
She is a good group measuring stick, if they fail there. Drop and find another one.

PvP
05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
no the way i see frogmar .. shes not overpowerd what its making ppl do is to respec back to a normal class because i am a dps archer i have STR-9
DEX-192 INT-2 but im goin to respec to having about 50 STR so i have enough health to survive that nuke that she can use ..

I IN NO WAY MEAN THAT SPACE TIME MADE HER TO MAKE PPL RESPEC what i mean is that it stops ppl using these super overpowered classes =)

I think they're just foreshadowing the future. Think about it. Before swamps did you every truly need a tank? No. Could solo missions on your own and farm? Yes. Can you solo these? No. Do you need a tank? Maybe. In the future I believe this game will have a more structured back-bone and will need more tanks and a squad with balanced classes.

Flamin
05-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I think they're just foreshadowing the future. Think about it. Before swamps did you every truly need a tank? No. Could solo missions on your own and farm? Yes. Can you solo these? No. Do you need a tank? Maybe. In the future I believe this game will have a more structured back-bone and will need more tanks and a squad with balanced classes.

I agree, but she should be a just a tad less overpowered.

Prest87
05-08-2010, 05:22 PM
She has skill and shes a challenge but normally she drops great loot which is why she is so overpowered.

TheBaconKing
05-08-2010, 05:24 PM

The map she is in isn't meant to be ran by a group of level 30s she is in one of the two last maps of the campaign. It is supposed to be hard. I have fought her many times, and she is not "overpowered" everything else in this game is just "underpowered"

Prest87
05-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Ya your right everthing is underpowered except the witch!!

Azrael
05-09-2010, 09:45 AM

She isn't overpowered.... not even remotely.

Edit: Seriously, Frogmar is not overpowered.

Endless
05-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Definitely not overpowered. She does have me thinking about a respec though. Think I'll wait until the next campaign and see what goes on there.

Splurd
05-09-2010, 10:34 AM

because 25 hp will do soooo much help. ;)

Splurd
05-09-2010, 10:55 AM
The map she is in isn't meant to be ran by a group of level 30s she is in one of the two last maps of the campaign. It is supposed to be hard. I have fought her many times, and she is not "overpowered" everything else in this game is just "underpowered"

It really depends on what style gameplay you are looking for.

If you think about it in terms of games like diablo styled action games, where you kill monsters quickly and move quickly through the map, the monsters are not underpowered. I think they are just right.

The ancient swaps were a very big step up in difficulty. I do think its quite challenging to a point where its can be a little frustrating. Getting 1 hit KO is definitely not a very stable game balance, IMO.

Royce
05-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I'm not unhappy with the difficultly, though it can be frustrating at times. Used to be only a select few bosses (DeadEyes, etc.) could 1-shot my mage. In the swamp it seems every boss has that capability, and Frogmar will do it unfailingly.

King Richie
05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
because 25 hp will do soooo much help. ;)

Well ive never seen her ht a crit more than 265 and my health is 260 so thats loads to survive a nuke =)