PDA

View Full Version : Extra Christmas quest ?

Warchanter
12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm surprised after finishing all the Christmas quest there wasn't a bonus. No final quest from Frost. After saving all those gifts. Thought they would of had a rudolph nose with antlers lol. 10 Plat used to buy us dark forest balefort fath etc each. Those have at least 5 playable maps. This Xmas one only 2 playable maps ? You guys can do better come on.

FluffNStuff
12-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Merry Christmas!

Snakespeare
12-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Ah... I like to argue too much to let this pass. Sorry, Warchanter.

A campaign costs 20 plat nowadays. It is a very common marketing strategy to low-ball your product, then bring the price up when it becomes popular. I read a third-party article written about STS and it said they went without pay for the first few months. You were here and you know how hard they worked for no pay. Clearly they were gambling on it succeeding and recouping their losses. Well, they then got a significant investor who made it possible to hire some more office folks. Someone clearly sat them down and talked about the bottom line, and figured out how they would get paid. I think it happened right around the time we started to see hats. My point being, the prices were artificially low so you can't compare those prices to this.

And my other point, that I make all the time is, a plat is $0.15 and ten plat is $1.50. A cup of coffee costs more! Come one, really?

p.s. I thought you oldies paid 12 plat for those campaigns in the early days.

Warchanter
12-17-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm just comparing the quality and amount of product. I enjoy the game or I would buy a cup of coffee lol. We got low balled when they started bundle packs. I'm just expressing my concern I understand they need to make money but maybe a surprise visit from mr frost is in order like they do with the Droid.

Bigsleazy
12-18-2010, 04:34 AM
The winter packs have a lot more content than Balefort does-from items to visuals to the map itself.

Superzarop
12-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Very well said ,Sleazy ;)

superglut2
12-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Id rather have alien oasis town faster then abother christmas map or quest.. U play it 1 time then u end up farming boss anyways. So who cares if u paid 10 plat for just 2 maps.. Its christmas event.

Bigsleazy
12-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Also-I've spent a few hours there and I'm not close to finishing everything. Its not like it takes 10 minutes to finish the whole thing.

Kenshin
12-18-2010, 01:36 PM
I don't get how people always complain about plat too expensive. I think it is CHEAP!
Plus now you can earn free plat on Apple devices.

I think the Xmas bundle is pretty nice, good place to farm gold!

Warchanter
12-18-2010, 04:04 PM
It's an opinion that's why this is forum. :) merry Christmas

Wyvern
12-18-2010, 04:24 PM
The devs need to buy Christmas presents, so buy the campaign, give THEM a present. 'nuff said.

Pharcyde
12-18-2010, 07:07 PM
The winter packs have a lot more content than Balefort does-from items to visuals to the map itself.

Exactly. Also why would they add more maps? They would never ever be played. All people would do is Father Frost Factory farm runs.