PDA

View Full Version : Why smashing equipment should be implemented in AL

MoloToha
04-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Smashing equipment is destroying a piece of gear to get some items (for example, dust or essences). This can solve some gear problems which are quite actual at this moment:

1) This should solve a problem of "trash legendaries" because they all will be just smashed. It will also raise their cost at CS a bit.

2) This would solve a problem "I wanted to loot good item X, but looted trash item Y Z times". Just smash all trash, get Z pieces of dust and be happy (maybe, you will be able to craft X).

3) It would make rares and epics useful, for example, let them be smashed for "rare item dust" and "epic item dust" which would be used for crafting legendaries.

4) Assuming all 3 points, there weren't be any "trash items", they all will be used in smashing. It also will give a new life to CS, cuz all items will become useful.

I'm open for discussion.

P.S. Currently, it's very easy to implement. It can be explained like an opposite to "we need 10 essences to craft a gem", which is "we need 1 gem to craft 10 essences", with replacing "craft" to "smash" in the second expression.

Anarchist
04-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Interesting.
Which gears can you craft with this method?

Aneheazatek
04-21-2014, 02:10 AM
This sounds like the wow card game : hearthstone

MoloToha
04-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Interesting.
Which gears can you craft with this method?

There can be various solutions, but I like a system, in which with X rare dust you can craft epic item, with Y epic dust - legendary item. I still wonder how to maintain mythic items crafting. Maybe, the better legendary is, the more dust you get. Assuming that you will need a very big amount of legendary dust to craft mythic, it won't make them fall in price. Also, I'm not sure about smashing arcane items. Maybe, the result will be a shard...

Madnex
04-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Not a bad idea, although it shouldn't be possible to smash mythics and arcanes. People would just smash hooks for shard all the time and all the mythic amulets for mauls/kershals.

Having a system that categorizes the materials gotten from smashing should be based on both rarity and level of the item.

Zylx
04-21-2014, 04:58 PM
So basically you would be smashing armor/weapons into pieces and combining/smelting them into newer armor/weapons. Kinda like a second-hand blacksmith.

yasshh
04-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Nice idea.

Alhuntrazeck
04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Nice!

Fidalex
04-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Really interesting idea.

Chaozedong
08-17-2014, 03:23 PM
I was thinking about posting this too.

You could make use of essences and let them combine in to a new type of gem.

extrapayah
08-21-2014, 01:48 PM
just saw my friend played diablo 3, and yes, this could be interesting :D

fiftyonecents
08-21-2014, 07:42 PM
not sure atm.....I will keep checking others responses. sorry man.

the essence drops seem okay, the loot from most of the chest is garbage, gold , puzzle, dragon , elite , pirate , all junk inside .....on a rare rare rare occasion I hear of others looting a crawly ? or wurmtonge ? not sure if its even true or not.

but yeah this ''could be a way to revamp the loot table making better odds for the player ( like a second chance at a good item )

but is there already an item that semi does this type of job already?? its called a LEPRECHAUN PENDANT so correct me if I am wrong but the LEPRECHAUN PENDANT gives you a 15% increase luck thus giving you better odds on the ''loot table'' all random odds of course , your way seems to be a version that makes it almost '' guaranteed?? meaning you get junk smash them and get better stuff?

not sure lemme know what you think with what I have said thus far.

NICE THREAD :)

MoloToha
08-22-2014, 03:58 AM
not sure atm.....I will keep checking others responses. sorry man.

the essence drops seem okay, the loot from most of the chest is garbage, gold , puzzle, dragon , elite , pirate , all junk inside .....on a rare rare rare occasion I hear of others looting a crawly ? or wurmtonge ? not sure if its even true or not.

but yeah this ''could be a way to revamp the loot table making better odds for the player ( like a second chance at a good item )

but is there already an item that semi does this type of job already?? its called a LEPRECHAUN PENDANT so correct me if I am wrong but the LEPRECHAUN PENDANT gives you a 15% increase luck thus giving you better odds on the ''loot table'' all random odds of course , your way seems to be a version that makes it almost '' guaranteed?? meaning you get junk smash them and get better stuff?

not sure lemme know what you think with what I have said thus far.

NICE THREAD :)

It seems like you slightly missed the topic. The main point of this thread was to pay players' attention to smashing, which would solve various problems, showed in my 1st post. I think that the main purpose of smashing is to make useless items useful. Odds seem to be okay in this game.

Butterbiscut
01-14-2015, 07:22 PM
i think it should be like... 10 crushed rare make an epic 20 epic make a legendary and 10 to 20 legendary make an elite legendary or something idk. and just cut out legendary drops so its less luck and more just time that you put in...

Edric Joseph
01-14-2016, 03:56 PM
good evening AL.. hi, im a war user,.i have a lot of experience in every event in mage and rouge.. theyre always say im noob,weak,etc because i die first,.they not understand that they fight as long range..mage have gun,rouge have bow,,but warrior just fight rare in combat..so the warrior will always hit by boss..please we need also any kind of long rage weapon like mage, and rouge have..thank you soo much.. more power..

Kakashis
01-15-2016, 11:20 AM
I would smash a Kershal and steal that purple fairy xD