PDA

View Full Version : [imagination/suggestion] shared weapon usage between classes

Sceazikua
04-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi. I just thought of this idea that might seem crazy but I think will be very interesting to be implemented :) If you have played the Diablo game series (which was/is the statue of RPG) you may know about how all classes can use all weapons :) For example Amazon class known as spear/javelin/bow/crossbow wielder may hold a staff/wand or a giant axe if they have enough strenght/dex to hold them and use them to smash monsters' face :p Or powerful and beautiful Sorceress class known as magical fire/cold/light caster can hold the giant axes or use the bows or any weapon and can still be an expert at fighting with the right build. This is a very interesting thing I really enjoy in this game series, but I can hardly see it anywhere in other big MMO or RPG. It will lead to huge variety of builds and other stuff I havent thought of now but there may be more :p

Suggestion: Let all classes use all the weapons, but at a cost of strenght and dex. Weapons will then have a primary stat, for example on a sorceror putting more strenght (weapon's primary stat) will increase only the dps of the char, and putting in intelligent (sorceror's primary stat) will only increase lesser dmg if you are using the weapon of another class than your class', other bonuses of stats except damage are the same. For short, weapon's primary stat only increase the dps, and class' primary stat only increase dmg. Only apply when using other class' weapons. The natural dmg and dps of those weapons may be reduced when using on other class, like 20% or 30%.

What this may lead to:
-Variety in builds .It may make hybrid builds, like when using shield/hammer you are a lesser tank and can still do some lesser damage to enemies. And both damage and dps will be a bit less than when its on appropriate class because you have to share stat points between dps (weapon's primary) and dmg (class' primary).
-I know somehow you want the procs on other class' weapon to be your weapon's :p This may open the oportunity for that ;)

Possible problems you may be thinking of:
-smurfs and rogues and everyone can tank and get warrior's hp and make fights longer, but remember it is a sacrifice in damage. Warrior can sacrifice a bit tankiness too, and start doing more damage.
-too much job in animation to do for STS, they can use the time to make a new expansion more flawless.
-idk

So, smurf and rogues can become tanks with a bit less damage, warriors can do more damage with a bit less tankiness.
-Imagine your smurf could hold a magmatic claymore lvl 40 only if you had 300 strenght and 100 dex and conquistador shield lvl 40 for 200 str and 200 dex. You can now be a lesser-tank/lesser-damager hybrid and looks cooler. Or when you can use a bow, it can become a dps ranged weapon while gun is dmg weapon.
-Imagine your rogue could hold a staff and shoot at many mobs at once not in a super-close meele range with somehow super high dps and 5k mana pool, or use an entombed maul lvl 40 which requires 400 strenght and can still somehow get 300 dmg and some super hp.
-Imagine your warrior shooting purple-ish "laser" rays to enemies to do more dps and laugh at them when they cant kill you with magmatic totem for 300 int and 100 dex.
*note that these numbers are because I see "lvl 40", not what I want to suggest :p

Whats your opinion on this? :)

Doomreaper
04-20-2014, 11:19 AM
How would a Mage hold an arcane maul?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trenton
04-20-2014, 11:20 AM
They stopped letting this happen for a reason, and they wouldn't bring it back. Plus the fact that they would have to implement a whole new skill system and change the weapons/gear, would be way too much of a hassle. Anyways, could you see a rogue with as much damage as it has, with arcane maul, 6k health and 2k armor? Damn! is all I'd have to say xD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ssneakykills
04-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Pocket legends has this and due to it iit has made pvp very unbalanced. So stg have probably learned from their mistakes and made al class specific for a reason. Like your thinking tho :D

Anarchist
04-20-2014, 12:48 PM
How would a Mage hold an arcane maul?

Simple.

The maul holds the mage and swing him around like it's weapon.

Doomreaper
04-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Simple.

The maul holds the mage and swing him around like it's weapon.

I was thinking that the Mage could ride it around like a horse

ClumsyCactus
04-20-2014, 01:01 PM
I want to see a mage with a entombed hammer though... And a warrior with a devourer bow... Fanart please? XD
Also, i would want a ninjavanity for all classes... Is it just me that want to see that? Or maybe a rogue blood barbarian...

Doomreaper
04-21-2014, 09:37 AM
I want to see a mage with a entombed hammer though... And a warrior with a devourer bow... Fanart please? XD
Also, i would want a ninjavanity for all classes... Is it just me that want to see that? Or maybe a rogue blood barbarian...

NINJA MAGE!!!

Sceazikua
04-21-2014, 10:08 AM
About animations maybe make less muscled classes hold the heavy weapons with 2 hands, idk, just an imagination.
About OP-ness, I think it wont make any because of the natural damage is lowered than on the original class. What we might see is hybrid builds with cool procs and stuff for all classes :)

Kakashis
04-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Lol I would make my rogue carry gigantic weapons like the entire hammers!

Infectivity
04-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Go play TES: IV Oblivion :3