PDA

View Full Version : Town instance -timed events-

Arterra
12-17-2010, 08:14 PM
town instance wars would be cool. a new spin here...

in dragonfable every so often the town is under siege by some giant army or the like. you travel just outside the town and lay waste to as many enemy units you can.

one PL spin could be that there is a enemy encampment right outside of the town, and guilds/individuals compete over the period of 1-2 weeks for highest number of enemy kills. total guild/personal kills are added up, and so forth. in the encampment i suppose you can have randomly spawning bosses and everything.

at the end of the two weeks, there is a in-game message 5 hours beforehand that a giant boss is coming (actually taller than players would be a nice addition to game), repeating every half hour. there can even be a push notification enabling. now here is my idea of a towne battle:

10 person instance, is just a small, short corridor as a entrance. keep map data-hogging minimal.
no-one appears on left side of screen. just not possible in giant instance, so here is the catch: if you die, you are sent out of instance. leaving space for new players.
guess what: there is no winning. you keep fighting and damaging him until you die, and your total damage/ skills used/ etc is summed up for guild/personal points.
1-2 hours later he finally dies. towne crier gives results of top players and guilds.

discuss. no reason to hate, trying to keep it small and possible withing iphone game and user limitations.

Kossi
12-17-2010, 08:22 PM
my idea is:

every day, there is a siege in..balefort.
you go to menu and go to:time until next siege
the timer tells you when the enemy will break through
every balefort town gets attacked
person with highest kill count within 10 mins of siege win...2 bunnies in 2 cups