PDA

View Full Version : Add leprechaun luck bonus to your amulet through crafting...

Energizeric
04-21-2014, 01:07 AM
Here is a new idea which will earn STS some extra plat sales and make some of us players very happy...

1) STS will release a new gem called a "Luck Gem".

2) Luck Gems are legendary rarity items that can be found in Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

3) Luck Gems also very rarely drop from Elite Bosses throughout Arlor.

4) Luck Gems can be used to fuse a Leprechaun Pendant and its luck bonus to any other amulet. For example:

Luck Gem + Leprechaun Pendant + Amulet of Doom = Amulet of Doom with 15% luck bonus

5) This will allow players to craft the luck bonus from their Leprechaun Pendant into their favorite amulet so they no longer have to risk dying while trying to equip their Leprechaun Pendant right before the boss dies. We will also be able to eliminate those embarrassing times when we realize we have been in PvP for a half hour with the Leprechaun Pendant equipped.

6) Once a Leprechaun Pendant is fused to another amulet, it can never be removed, just as gems cannot be removed after crafting.

7) All gems in both the Leprechaun Pendant and the other amulet will be lost during the crafting process.

8) STS will see more Leprechaun Pendant sales, since many players will want new ones every season to upgrade their new amulets.

9) For those players who cannot afford to purchase new Leprechaun Pendants every season, you can still use the Leprechaun Pendant the same way you currently do, and nothing will change there. This is only a convenience option for some players and does not give them any real advantage in the game other than avoiding a common annoyance.

Any thoughts?

Kakashis
04-21-2014, 01:56 AM
STS will make a lot of money off this implementation! I would do it just for the sake of not needing to die at a boss :) hopefully the gems won't be an arm and a leg. Hopefully there will still be a particle Effect with the fusion.

I don't see why we still need to lose stats whenever we want luck.

Anarchist
04-21-2014, 02:40 AM
#Stamp of approval#

Keshav Agarwal
04-21-2014, 02:41 AM
+1
nyc suggestion

JaytB
04-21-2014, 02:41 AM
Love the suggestion.

The only thing I don't like is that you'd loose all gems on both your lep and whatever pendant you'd 'fuse' it with.

I'd be fine loosing gems on a lep but not on the pendant that I might have spent months (or a ton of plat) on trying to get all grand gemmed. Then, undoubtedly, there will be the tons of uninformed people who'd accidentally loose all their grand gems on their pendants, creating unnecessary frustration and load on support requests.

As said, love the idea, just not the 'loosing all your gems' part of it.

Energizeric
04-21-2014, 02:54 AM
Love the suggestion.

The only thing I don't like is that you'd loose all gems on both your lep and whatever pendant you'd 'fuse' it with.

I'd be fine loosing gems on a lep but not on the pendant that I might have spent months (or a ton of plat) on trying to get all grand gemmed. Then, undoubtedly, there will be the tons of uninformed people who'd accidentally loose all their grand gems on their pendants, creating unnecessary frustration and load on support requests.

As said, love the idea, just not the 'loosing all your gems' part of it.

From a programming standpoint, I think it would be difficult for them to let you retain your gems through the crafting process. My understanding is that mythic helms and armors also lose their gems when being upgraded to 36. There just needs to be a warning that says "you will lose all your gems during this process".

I think if this idea is introduced before the next wave of new amulets are released, then the timing would be good as most people would be upgrading anyway and maybe they would wait to gem their amulet until they have crafted it. I'm not sure about you, but I'm still using a level 36 amulet, and plenty of players are still using level 30 mythic amulets. I'm sure new and improved ones are coming soon. And if not now, then introduce it before the next expansion. If the timing is right, this won't be much of an issue, except perhaps for twinks.

JaytB
04-21-2014, 03:05 AM
From a programming standpoint, I think it would be difficult for them to let you retain your gems through the crafting process. My understanding is that mythic helms and armors also lose their gems when being upgraded to 36. There just needs to be a warning that says "you will lose all your gems during this process".

I think if this idea is introduced before the next wave of new amulets are released, then the timing would be good as most people would be upgrading anyway and maybe they would wait to gem their amulet until they have crafted it. I'm not sure about you, but I'm still using a level 36 amulet, and plenty of players are still using level 30 mythic amulets. I'm sure new and improved ones are coming soon. And if not now, then introduce it before the next expansion. If the timing is right, this won't be much of an issue, except perhaps for twinks.

I would agree if this was released together with new 'best' pendants.

From a coding perspective, I honestly doubt it would require much more effort as compared to the total effort required to implement this whole thing. But who knows, I'm just a simple ABAP programmer, you might be much better informed than me.

Sceazikua
04-21-2014, 03:29 AM
Maybe make luck gems mythic, if legendary they may become a new orion or scorn in term of price and quantity.

Energizeric
04-21-2014, 03:58 AM
Maybe make luck gems mythic, if legendary they may become a new orion or scorn in term of price and quantity.

Since they don't give anyone a huge advantage in the game, I don't see this as something that must be super rare.

Sceazikua
04-21-2014, 05:14 AM
It does give huge advantage in PvE actually. Like archon rings. Normally noone will want you in party if you are wearing lep in hope you will get archons while others dont and slow the run down, with this it means always have chance to reroll and more chance on archon overall. And how about KM3? It may give huge difference if you can increase your damage by 50 all the time, and sometimes the bonus hp helps a lot too because the bosses may be dangerous to smurfs even with mythic armor/helm or undergeared rogues if you dont use pots fast enough.

Bigboyblue
04-21-2014, 06:34 AM
I love this idea. Fantastic!! It has a lot going for it. It will make STS more money and will make a large player base very happy. +100

Madnex
04-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Very nice idea Eric. I think we could sacrifice a few weeks of grand gemming attempts for something as great as a permanent luck boost all the time. Twinks don't really do any PVE farming anyway.

Of course there will be those who will say that this will essentially lower the prices of pretty much anything valuable that can be dropped, especially with luck kits being around now - this would only worsen the current inflation. Just trying to see both sides of the coin.

Nawmsayin
04-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Great idea, what about special effects from a mythic amulet + lep, i wonder how that would look.

MoloToha
04-21-2014, 11:10 AM
I think, it can be generalized to enhancing equipment with different bonuses, not only with luck bonus, but with crit, dmg, hp, mp bonuses, etc.

Energizeric
04-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Of course there will be those who will say that this will essentially lower the prices of pretty much anything valuable that can be dropped, especially with luck kits being around now - this would only worsen the current inflation. Just trying to see both sides of the coin.

I can see archon rings dropping in price because that is one item that drops from elite mobs where most players are usually not wearing their lep. However, I don't see this affecting boss drops as most players always put on their lep right before the boss is killed. So I think mostly this is just a convenience and not a big advantage. Yes, I also agree about KM3, it would make it easier to farm there since most players wear the lep the whole time and suffer a damage/health reduction. So this could mean more people farm KM3, so maybe slightly lower locked crate prices, and maybe some more players open crates.

As for inflation, I don't see it affecting that. As has been discussed, we need some sort of gold sink in this game. They could even add a gold sink here. Perhaps charge some amount of gold from an NPC to purchase the recipe for this crafting, similar to how they charge for the arcane ring recipe.

Anarchist
04-21-2014, 11:48 AM
I can see archon rings dropping in price because that is one item that drops from elite mobs where most players are usually not wearing their lep. However, I don't see this affecting boss drops as most players always put on their lep right before the boss is killed. So I think mostly this is just a convenience and not a big advantage. Yes, I also agree about KM3, it would make it easier to farm there since most players wear the lep the whole time and suffer a damage/health reduction. So this could mean more people farm KM3, so maybe slightly lower locked crate prices, and maybe some more players open crates.

As for inflation, I don't see it affecting that. As has been discussed, we need some sort of gold sink in this game. They could even add a gold sink here. Perhaps charge some amount of gold from an NPC to purchase the recipe for this crafting, similar to how they charge for the arcane ring recipe.

I agree this will make a legit gold sink.

tankk
04-21-2014, 05:26 PM
-1 because it would make the leprechaun pendant price go higher and the gems will probably be high

Energizeric
04-21-2014, 11:14 PM
-1 because it would make the leprechaun pendant price go higher and the gems will probably be high

Since the lep is not a drop but is purchased for a fixed amount of plat, I don't see the price going any higher. Price of the lep should stay steady no matter what. If there is more demand, then more players will probably buy them for plat and try to sell them in the auction.

Zynzyn
04-22-2014, 12:18 AM
+ 1

Nesox
04-23-2014, 12:33 AM
STS missed the boat in my opinion by making crafting stats based. Effects based would have made for a far more personalized and diverse game. Small bonuses in luck, speed, armour, damage, hp, mana/heath regen, and the like would have added so much more to the game then just adding more primary stat like we largely have now. This would force compromise in builds based on individual styles of play and goals.

Energizeric
04-23-2014, 08:14 PM
STS missed the boat in my opinion by making crafting stats based. Effects based would have made for a far more personalized and diverse game. Small bonuses in luck, speed, armour, damage, hp, mana/heath regen, and the like would have added so much more to the game then just adding more primary stat like we largely have now. This would force compromise in builds based on individual styles of play and goals.

More is coming with crafting, stay tuned! ;)

basketholic209
04-24-2014, 10:23 AM
I second this.
The only downsides are archon and KM3.
Other than that, it's perfect :)

Hoardseeker
04-27-2014, 01:43 AM
+1, BTW, You're crafting 180K into a Ring :0

Serancha
04-27-2014, 07:46 PM

The mythics lose their gems because the "upgrade" isn't an alteration of the same piece of gear, like gemming is. You are just exchanging a lower level item for a similar item of higher level. Because it is a different item, it has no gems.